The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby, Will You Comb My Hair?

+6
jimdig
DoubleD22
azania
bellchees
eddyfightfan
davidemore
10 posters

Go down

Baby, Will You Comb My Hair?  Empty Baby, Will You Comb My Hair?

Post by davidemore Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 am

Gotta admit, that was funny post-fight television. Old crack face Kellerman seemed sober for a moment. That takes real guile when staging a fake proposal, well done Broner.

I wasn't a huge fan of Adrien Broner before this past weekends fight. I found his cocky attitude irritating, and his face reminds me of a scrunched up piece of paper. But, the man has talent, severe and rapidly developing talent.

And it is so obvious that he is 'inspired' (copying) by Mayweather. What is even more shocking is the fact that he can imitate such boxing genius! I mean don't get me wrong, stuffing his face like that fat kid in The Goonies days before the fight, and then bragging about it on Twitter like a page 3 tarts ex-boyfriend whose got his hands on a sex video, was not cool.

What was even more scandalous was him coming in so drastically overweight. I mean 10 pounds and then some? Come on Broner, let's not get carried away, Mayweather can stuff himself with fried chicken because he works harder than anyone else in the sport, and has an excellent metabolism, but you can't, you stocky little irked-granddad-faced talent you. Put the work in boy, do not disrespect the sport or in-danger your opponent by bloating up like a guppy. That's not right, and only promotes boxing as being lawless.

But man can he box. I mean his reflexes and cultured attacks are in stark defiance of his tender age. And the way he moves through the gears, rolling and punching with venom, stalking and then unleashing punches, is very, very impressive.

Broner is gifted with a promoters mouth and the skills to back it up. The only worry i have is that he is too cocky. Not in the ring, but in the gym. If he doesn't cut corners then i see Broner moving through the weights and collecting belts for years to come. He has around 10 prime years left and the heart to fight the best. Holy molly, that's a lot of the sweet science.

Thoughts on Broner, dudes?

Yours Forever,

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Baby, Will You Comb My Hair?  Empty Re: Baby, Will You Comb My Hair?

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 am

he should watch naz vs barrera and then take a long hard think about what happens when you rely on talent and mouth.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:48 am

I'd like to see him in with someone his own size. There's no doubting the man has talent to burn but at the moment he has so many physical advantages over the guys he's fighting he's making a few too many mistakes and not being punished for it.

Also lets not forget he was gifted a decision against Ponce de Leon a while back who is good but not great and a career Super bantam/Featherweight so I'd like to see him in with someone similar to see if he's really learned from mistakes made that night.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:08 am

Class boxer but contrived personality. Someone trying very hard to be TV friendly. It doesn't come naturally like Naz and others.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Im very impressed with him, I tend not to care about the out of ring character with a guy like him I just ignore it as I've seen it all before. Your right Az it doesn't come natural and you can tell its forced like many boxers these days.

I think they get told to make money you need to have a character but this only works if your a genuinely interesting guy.

But in the ring I think he is something a bit special and with his age he could have a great career for years to come.

I say good luck to him il always put skill and ability over being an annoying little mayweather junior....junior

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 pm

He has immense talent and a fake personality. I think he has the skills to go as far as his height will let him, so probably maxed out at welter weight, I don’t think his boy legs and man torso will get him much higher than that 147, fleeting push 154 at a push.
He has modelled himself on Mayweather, one thing I like about his persona is that he respects Mayweather and takes all comparisons as complements (which of course he should). I don’t think he’ll ever be as good mind you, that’s not to say he won’t have enough about him to be P4P no.1, he is the outstanding young talent at the moment.
He gets caught too cleanly to the head, his shoulder roll just isn’t as tight, and it’ll be interesting to see how he copes when his power is maxed out when he climbs the weights.
I think his 12 round fitness could also be questionable, but that’ll pan out later in his career. Hard work and dedication may hardwired into him. There have been numerous stories of his party lifestyle, but Mayweather really is unique in that respect.
He’s must see tv, but he’s also a knob, I don’t think he has the charisma of Naz, but HBO are intent on forcing that issue, an American PPV star is essential after all.

Love the scrunched up piece of paper reference davide

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:28 pm

I personally thought it was car crash TV, really, really awful stuff. His partner looked ashamed.

He is very skillful but his lack of dedication could prove his undoing...

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I personally thought it was car crash TV, really, really awful stuff. His partner looked ashamed.

He is very skillful but his lack of dedication could prove his undoing...

Good lord, they let you back again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Not being able to make 130 doesn't display a lack of dedication. He has simply outgrown the division.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:50 pm

True az...

But im pretty sure he would have known a fair bit in advance he wasn't going to make weight. He failed to inform anyone...and it's not like he was a tiny bit over..he was a full 3 1/2 pounds over, that despite being on the treadmill and in the sauna before the first weigh in,

He then not only went away and didn't bother even attempting to lose any additional weight (fair enough it would have affected his performance) he came back and having agreed to a 140lb limit..came in at 143.5....

Whilst you can to a degree argue that it doesn't display a lack of dedication what it does display is a lack of class & sportsmanship on the lad's behalf...it also shows absolutely no care for the opponents health in my eyes!

I get the fact he may have outgrown the division but he would have known during the camp that he was struggling to make weight...he could have got down to the limit if he really wanted to and he could have done it gradually without effecting his performance....just meant he would have had to have worked harder during the camp...

But even that is by the by...he could have had the decency to either announce he wasn't going to make weight..that way the bout could have either been scrapped and a new one put in place...or even continue on with the bout but put it at catch weight and allow Escobedo the chance to add some additional weight. Or at least come in at 140lb as agreed at the second weigh in.

The lad may have skills but for me he is a jumped up little loud mouth who even at this young age believes far too much of his hype and thinks he can go through the motions and make up the rules as he goes along...

I for one will be hoping he gets exposed at some point unless he decides to actually concentrate on the boxing...add some class and dignity to his personality and stop behaving like a petulant child!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 pm

The kid is an ass. A Floyd impersonator. Can't wait to see him flat out. If you want to be interesting, at least be original with it.....and funny.

I'm not to bothered with class or dignity. I just hate unoriginal buffoons. This kid is one.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:01 pm

The fake proposal thing was cringeworthy. Obviously set up beforehand and a bit too WWE for my liking.

He certainly has skills at the moment but I'm finding it hard to look past the fact that he is a tool right now.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:22 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:The fake proposal thing was cringeworthy. Obviously set up beforehand and a bit too WWE for my liking.

He certainly has skills at the moment but I'm finding it hard to look past the fact that he is a tool right now.

The thing is though, if he carries on with his current persona people will tune in to watch him get beat, much like they do with Floyd. People hating him increases his earning power.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Hmm I agree to a certain extent Lumbering...

But as Bellchees allured to earlier whilst he does indeed have plenty of skills there are some frailties to him which if he doesn't tighten up will, in my opinion, leave him getting exposed...

I would like to see him fight someone more his size, he is pretty big even for a lightweight...

The problem is that Floyd already had a rather large following before he really started to play up to his 'Money' persona...more than he needs to. For Mayweather it works because he is not just a boxer but a mainstream athlete who much of the general public don't like..

At the moment Broner is just a carbon copy in terms of personality and a poor & fake one at that...

He neither has the following nor the mainstream publicity of Mayweather. Those within the boxing circle enjoy his skills but are beginning to dislike the lad...those outside of boxing wouldn't know of him and to be honest I dont think would care for him...even in terms of tuning in to see him get beat.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down