The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TED

+5
President Trump
Smirnoffpriest
westisbest
Thomond
mystiroakey
9 posters

Go down

TED Empty TED

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Funny as hell. Go out and watch it thumbsup

Didnt expect the humour to be so rude lol. I want a TED for me.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

TED Empty Re: TED

Post by Thomond Fri 27 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

I'm expecting it to be absoulte rubbish. Like Family guy for the last few years.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

Thats what i thought, It shocked me- i hate family guy- but allways have.

Up there with the funniest films recently like knocked up or the hangover(first one)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:07 pm

I hope to watch it next week.

Looks very funny from the trailors i've seen.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:16 pm

Maybe not my thing then as I hated Knocked Up and Hangover (both)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:19 pm

Probally not. But it is slightly different humour

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:32 pm

I did see a trailer and was a bit suprised at the adult and crude humour and also by how muhc the bear sounds like Peter Griffin.

I probably will end up watching it at some point (though I'm not Markie Marks biggest fan), and to be fair the trailer did have some funny bits in it.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 27 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

Great film, I watched it the other night, the trailers on telly are different to what is actually said in the film which surprised me, there are some great one liners and Mark Wahlberg is brilliant in it

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:47 pm

It looks terrible to be honest, a talking bear? Come off it please. Films and humour in films aren't what they used to be unfortunately.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:49 pm

go in open minded - however if your not gonna watch it read these spoilers

Spoiler:

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:53 pm

mysti, to me that is stupid, not funny. But that's just me. I prefer the humour from films like Dodgeball and Starsky & Hutch. Oh and not forgetting Friends! That still cracks me up.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

Friends is very low quality humour- but if you like dodgeball you should like this,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:55 pm

Morgannwg wrote:It looks terrible to be honest, a talking bear? Come off it please. Films and humour in films aren't what they used to be unfortunately.

A lot of films will look stupid or silly if you base them solely on their basic premise.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:56 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Starsky & Hutch.

How you can say that comedy in films isn't what it used to be and then say you like Starsky & Hutch is madness!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:00 pm

saying something is stupid and then quoting what he did is kinda ironic if Im gonna be honest

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:10 pm

mystiroakey wrote:saying something is stupid and then quoting what he did is kinda ironic if Im gonna be honest

What?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:15 pm

Crimey wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Starsky & Hutch.

How you can say that comedy in films isn't what it used to be and then say you like Starsky & Hutch is madness!

Ben Stiller.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:15 pm

he quoted dodgeball,friends and starskey and hutch- I admit to liking dodgeball but all 3 could be called stupid

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:16 pm

So your just a mad ben stiller fan then, branch out dude! Its not all about Ben stiller lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:16 pm

Also Crimey I was referring to a lot of popular films that aren't comdies, but then incluce bad humour and are talked about as being great (the A-team, all the Transformers, most of Will Ferrells films, anything else with Steve Carell).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:17 pm

If you wanna see some Quality comedy that incorporates Ben stiller- watch the series of Curb your Enthusiasm which features ben stiller(that series also uses ross out of friends so you are sure to like it!)- That is class

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:19 pm

mystiroakey wrote:So your just a mad ben stiller fan then, branch out dude! Its not all about Ben stiller lol

Vaughn is good in that film too. I guess it weren't popular for not being like the 70's series. Stiller is hilarious though, White Goodman is a character! I think I must like sarcasm and people that don't act to smart (Chandler in Friends, Joey in Friends).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:20 pm

mysti, Stiller was actually in an episode of Friends. So was Bruce Willis in another 1 or 2. They were hilarious!
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:23 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:So your just a mad ben stiller fan then, branch out dude! Its not all about Ben stiller lol

Vaughn is good in that film too. I guess it weren't popular for not being like the 70's series. Stiller is hilarious though, White Goodman is a character! I think I must like sarcasm and people that don't act to smart (Chandler in Friends, Joey in Friends).

I'm 18 and have never seen the 70s series, I just think it's not a great film.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:24 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Also Crimey I was referring to a lot of popular films that aren't comdies, but then incluce bad humour and are talked about as being great (the A-team, all the Transformers, most of Will Ferrells films, anything else with Steve Carell).

I've never heard anybody suggest that the A-team or any of the Transformers are great films. I'm pretty sure that Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell both star in only comedy films. Will Ferrell has been a couple of poor films I agree.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:24 pm

Yeah i know thats why i said your a mad stiller fan (all 3 use him)- I have watched all the friends eps- but its nostagia and drama that makes me go back, not laugh out loud comedy.

the great thing about curb is that everyone plays heightened versions of themselves- Classic comedy, up there with my favs, peep show, Trailor park boys, the office(original) and allways sunny in philly.

The US office is ok(note that you like carrol)- but i watch that in the same way i would watch friends- almost like a soap and on the whole highly forgetable

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:26 pm

Point is though TED has some laugh out loud moments..and is a very original concept- so plus 1 from me, and a must watch

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:34 pm

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear back there. I meant I disliked the humour in Ferrel/Carrel films, the A-team and Transformers. They all really irritate me. A lot of people I know always rave about Transformers, I can't stand the films. I've watched all three at the cinema and couldn't believe people would laugh at the 'funny moments'.

Starsky and Hutch did it for me. So did Dodgeball. Anchorman had it's moments, but was a bad film. Ferrel was good in Step Brothers and A Night at the Roxbury, those are two comedy films I enjoyed.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 27 Jul 2012, 7:43 pm

Arr not my cup of tea either if im being honest. But i like ferrel in most but not all

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 09 Aug 2012, 10:55 am

It was okay, some funny enough moments, the story was okay they could easily have written themselves into a hole but didn't. Would give it about a 3 out of 5 alright but nothing to write home about

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 11 Aug 2012, 12:50 am

Went to see this last night and it was exactly what I expected from the guy who made Family Guy and American Dad. Lots of crass humor and jokes about celebs, featured a cameo or two (one of which, the second man in the gay couple, really caught me by surprise). Ive always felt McFarlanes work was very hit and miss, a rapid fire of average to poor jokes before hitting one right on the money and fortunatly it does hit home a few times, it also carries the emotional stuff better than I expected given I don't think it's something McFarlanes ever broached in his tv work.

Overall pretty much what I expected which was an inconsistent, rude and fairly average comedy film, my missus enjoyed it more than I did though which was bizzare as she hates McFarlanes tv stuff.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 12:55 am

I am with your GF- hate his TV stuff, loved this. You got a good girl there.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 10:07 am

the emotional stuff better than I expected given I don't think it's something McFarlanes ever broached in his tv work.

I haven't seen Ted. But to be fair, every episode of Family Guy seems to have to have a moral at the end or some emotional ending. What I've seen of American Dad is the same as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 11 Aug 2012, 5:07 pm

American dad is not really McFarlane's baby it is also far superior to it. Family guy was good originally and when it came back was decent for a year or two. Now it is rubbish

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 11 Aug 2012, 5:34 pm

I think McFarlane prefers American Dad, the amount of effort being put into Family Guy in recent years has really dropped. Why Family Guy has become poor is because it is too much like American Dad. Family Guy's strength was always in its cutaway gags but in recent seasons, they have hardly featured.

Another problem is that they focus heavily on Brian and Stewie...Brian is just not a funny character. Stewie is, but not even funny enough to be the focus of most of the episodes. Although I don't watch as much American Dad, they seem to doing a similar thing where they've begun to focus on Roger ahead of the other characters despite him not actually being that funny.

The less said about the Cleveland Show the better.

Apparently McFarlane has wanted to end Family Guy for years now, but the studios keep insisting he keeps it going. Ironic really after they cancelled it all those years ago.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 12 Aug 2012, 12:59 pm

I prefer Roger to some other characters in it but Steve is probably the best .They still did cutaways when I watched but they were unfunny, as are the general family guy plots. Roger is needed to carry some episodes and it is done well a lot of the time on American Dad. Needs a good B plot too because you can't have him in it too much. It is still better than Family guy and very under appreciated in the grand scheme of things.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:05 pm

Thomond wrote:I prefer Roger to some other characters in it but Steve is probably the best .They still did cutaways when I watched but they were unfunny, as are the general family guy plots. Roger is needed to carry some episodes and it is done well a lot of the time on American Dad. Needs a good B plot too because you can't have him in it too much. It is still better than Family guy and very under appreciated in the grand scheme of things.

Most people seem to have started to prefer American Dad, I think that's just because McFarlane prefers it and is putting more effort into it than he does into Family Guy.

I've gone off all of them to be honest, I think the new episodes of both are of a much lower standard than the earlier ones. They seem to focus a lot on getting the animation really good, with 3D effects rather than having funny jokes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:06 pm

He doesn't put much effort in it though, he doesn't write for it that often or anything. Barker and some other chap are the main guys involved.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Wed 05 Dec 2012, 8:53 pm

TED is a great film, got it on DVD yesterday. very funny, made me laugh a lot, end is quite said, but how frickin hot is Mila Kunis??!!!!!!
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 05 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

Still have not got round to watching it yet.

Hopefully this weekend/next week.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum