The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much say does a wrestler have?

4 posters

Go down

How much say does a wrestler have? Empty How much say does a wrestler have?

Post by Samo Fri 27 Jul 2012, 6:05 pm

When it comes to things like gimmick/attire/music etc.

I know they have a little input in regards to gimmicks, and are pretty much told what they'll be like, but what about the other stuff?

Can a wrestler nominate his own choice of entrance music? I know D-Bry used silly themes in the Indies hence why he got Ride of the Valkyries (even though its been WWE'd).

Was it Zack Ryders choice when he wore those ridiculous tights with one leg?

Do they get any say on the design of Merchandise?

Samo

Back to top Go down

How much say does a wrestler have? Empty Re: How much say does a wrestler have?

Post by Liam Fri 27 Jul 2012, 8:25 pm

I'm not sure Samo, I suppose they must get some sort of a say in some gimmicks as they have to do them after all. Sometimes though they just have to bite the bullet otherwise they're out the door.

When Dolph Ziggler had the gimmick of being the caddie for chavo guerrero i'm sure he winced when told about it. Now look at him. Its all about getting notcied, getting your name known around the company and then fingers crossed you can get the gimmick and status you've always wanted.

CM Punk has obviously had allot of say in his ring entrance theme/attire/move set, and probably Daniel Bryan with 'yes' chant. Maybe someone can clarify the Daniel Bryan Yes chant.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat 28 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

i heard that it depends on their status in the company. Cena would get a lot of say in what happens to his character whereas someone like Brodus Clay wouldnt.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:53 am

in terms of merchandising, i'm sure i read somewhere that the 'E wanted to release those Cena Sucks tshirt for a long time, but it was only recently that John gave them the thumbs up to do them

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down