The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Footballers and Twitter

2 posters

Go down

Footballers and Twitter Empty Footballers and Twitter

Post by lorus59 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:25 pm

What do you guys think about all the footballers making comments on Twitter? We keep hearing the FA charging them for things they say. Some clubs even ban the players from using it. Personally, I think it is great to hear what they are thinking and I'd love them to be as frank as possible. If they want to criticise and abuse match officials why not? The fans do it. In fact, why can't the refs get on Twitter too and say things like "I really messed up that penalty decision today". Now that would earn them a lot more respect.
Imagine if the players of the past had Twitter. George Best tweets, "just finished bonking Miss World after 4 bottles of champagne" or Gazza tweets, "A good night out with 15 pints and a curry, (by the way, what day is it?)". if only.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Footballers and Twitter Empty Re: Footballers and Twitter

Post by Crimey Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:37 pm

They've just been given guidelines to how they should use Twitter, which includes not criticising refereeing decisions and not giving away inside information about their teams.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down