The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan v McCloskey

+21
Fists of Fury
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BoxingFan88
joeyjojo618
manos de piedra
coxy0001
D4thincarnation
gab
Jimmythebullet
sweet_pea
Benelio
azania
ncfc_Tooze
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Kay Fabe
WelshDevilRob
Liam_Main
KO-KING
The Galveston Giant
Union Cane
Pedro147
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan v McCloskey  - Page 2 Empty Khan v McCloskey

Post by Pedro147 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 11:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering do any of you have a link for and streams to the Khan McCloskey fight on Saturday and also what is the quality of streaming like as I've never used it before.

Cheers

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Khan v McCloskey  - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v McCloskey

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:20 pm

not seen the fight yet but as for khans performace, surely you can only beat the opponent infront of you? anybody know any links to watch on?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:32 am

eddyfightfan wrote:not seen the fight yet but as for khans performace, surely you can only beat the opponent infront of you? anybody know any links to watch on?

You have to be a serious fight fan to sit through that drivel after knowing the result.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:37 am

It wasn't great never really got going. Felt sorry for McCloskey Barry Hearn can shout all he wants about a rematch but it isn't going to happen. Their was no real interest in the fight and after this their will be even less.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:39 am

prettyboy1304 wrote:It wasn't great never really got going. Felt sorry for McCloskey Barry Hearn can shout all he wants about a rematch but it isn't going to happen. Their was no real interest in the fight and after this their will be even less.

I heard that from Hearn. A one sided fight for 6 rounds and he wants a rematch? Why?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 12:50 am

azania wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:It wasn't great never really got going. Felt sorry for McCloskey Barry Hearn can shout all he wants about a rematch but it isn't going to happen. Their was no real interest in the fight and after this their will be even less.

I heard that from Hearn. A one sided fight for 6 rounds and he wants a rematch? Why?

Of course he wants a re-match who else can he fight? No one else in the top 10 of that division knows who he is. His other option is to hang about at domestic level until Frankie Gavin takes him out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Mon 18 Apr 2011, 12:25 pm

It reminded me of the Bonecrusher Smith Tyson fight in that McCloskey succeeded in making Khan look bad - but at the expense of making himself look awful.

He barely threw any punches, which is strange as he had Khan terribly out of position at times.

Khan's timing looked off. He looked hesitant and nervous. I don't get it. Maybe he was nervous of losing to such an average fighter, but Khan looked to have gone back to pre Kotelnik. I did think he was getting to his man in the sixth round though.

I am not convinced McCloskey did not quit either. He showed no enthusiasm or urgency when the doctor spoke to him. Just resigned and the head shaking was weird.

Rematch is pointless and not warranted.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2