The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments

+2
SirJohnnyEnglish
GSC
6 posters

Go down

Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments Empty Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments

Post by GSC Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18847477
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments Empty Re: Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments

Post by GSC Thu 02 Aug 2012, 7:11 pm

Also:

The Choc Ice insult:
"It is the idea that a black person is black only in skin colour but inside they are really white. It's a highly derogatory term. It's a dangerous term because it allows black boys especially but black people in general, to believe that there is a way of being black that is somehow distinct from being white. There are people that think if you don't wear a certain type of clothing or listen to a certain type of music you're not really black. It's a really dangerous thing. There are black boys who do less well in school because they believe by doing well there, they are acting white. To me, this is devastating for black boys and black people everywhere. It's a deeply offensive term with racial connotations."

-John Amaechi
Former NBA basketball player, psychologist and educator
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments Empty Re: Rio denies FA charge over twitter comments

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 03 Aug 2012, 10:55 am

Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 11:22 am

Well said GSC - it's ridiculous to think there is any difference between two people because of their skin colour, or that by acting a certain way you somehow change (or betray) your ethnicity

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 9:59 am

GSC wrote:Also:

The Choc Ice insult:
"It is the idea that a black person is black only in skin colour but inside they are really white. It's a highly derogatory term. It's a dangerous term because it allows black boys especially but black people in general, to believe that there is a way of being black that is somehow distinct from being white. There are people that think if you don't wear a certain type of clothing or listen to a certain type of music you're not really black. It's a really dangerous thing. There are black boys who do less well in school because they believe by doing well there, they are acting white. To me, this is devastating for black boys and black people everywhere. It's a deeply offensive term with racial connotations."

-John Amaechi
Former NBA basketball player, psychologist and educator

Of course its a derogatory term. What else could it be.

Amaechi is wrong in many areas especially in using the education argument. Very wrong. He uses a common misconception bandied about by white sociologists and claims it to be fact.

Yes there are some hoood rats who see education as a waste of time. But they also include (in USA) hispanic, white and others. It is not exclusive to blacks. Those who see education as a waste live in the poorest housing, go to the very worst schools and have a parent/s who is out of work with no ambition.

Many years ago I worked in a youth centre in a housing estate in Hackney. You had all sorts there. One factor is that those kids who came to the centre were predominantly from the estate (obviously). Those whose parents owned their property had bigger aspirations than those whose parents didn't (generally). But within those who lived in council houses, you had some who sent their kids there to get out of their way and others who took an interest in what their kids were doing. IYou could almost tell where each kid would end up. OPne kid who had a very strict parents was teased. But he feared his mother's wrath more than his peers. He is now an architect. He is still black and not an Ashley Cole. He goes back to the estate to visit friends. He is not a "rich and switch".

Cole is seen in the black community as a total sell out. What he said at the Terry trial simply emphasised it.

I also find it interesting that many will use a black man to back up their case simply because he is black. You know what chaps. Black people have differing opinions within their community.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:01 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:Well said GSC - it's ridiculous to think there is any difference between two people because of their skin colour, or that by acting a certain way you somehow change (or betray) your ethnicity

A black person dismissing a racist insult is betraying their ethnicity. Would a jewish person dismiss a holocaust related insult and not be brought to book by their community? I doubt it very much.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:06 am

azania wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:Well said GSC - it's ridiculous to think there is any difference between two people because of their skin colour, or that by acting a certain way you somehow change (or betray) your ethnicity

A black person dismissing a racist insult is betraying their ethnicity. Would a jewish person dismiss a holocaust related insult and not be brought to book by their community? I doubt it very much.

Yes but regardless of the insult, doesn't mean it's ok to respond with a racist insult.

There's nothing ok with racism, regardless who is making the comment or the reasons why their making the comment.

And as I said before it's ridiculous to think that Ashley Cole could 'act white' (the choc ice comment), even if as some people believe 'he betrayed his ethniticity' by defending one person over another in a legal case that was shown to be inconclusive but favoured Cole's teammate.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:09 am

I should add that I think that I think racism against black people or antisemitism is abhorrent. As is any other form of racisim (against any creed/ethniticity) and discrimination including sexism, xenophobia or discrimination against disability, sexual preference or age.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I should add that I think that I think racism against black people or antisemitism is abhorrent. As is any other form of racsim and discrimination including sexism, xenophobia or discrimination against disability, sexual preference or age.

We've been down this path before, I'll save 6 hours. Whatever reasoned arguments you can bring, you aren't part of azania's community and as such they're crap
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 11:53 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I should add that I think that I think racism against black people or antisemitism is abhorrent. As is any other form of racisim (against any creed/ethniticity) and discrimination including sexism, xenophobia or discrimination against disability, sexual preference or age.

No need to add it. Its a delicate subject and you should feel free to say what you feel without the PC thought police on your back.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:00 pm

azania wrote:A black person dismissing a racist insult is betraying their ethnicity. Would a jewish person dismiss a holocaust related insult and not be brought to book by their community? I doubt it very much.
Who dismissed a racial insult?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:04 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
azania wrote:

Yes but regardless of the insult, doesn't mean it's ok to respond with a racist insult.

There's nothing ok with racism, regardless who is making the comment or the reasons why their making the comment.

And as I said before it's ridiculous to think that Ashley Cole could 'act white' (the choc ice comment), even if as some people believe 'he betrayed his ethniticity' by defending one person over another in a legal case that was shown to be inconclusive but favoured Cole's teammate.

As far as I know a jew will refer to another jew as selt hating or worse still as a Kapo. Each ethnic group has a term that is derogatory to those they feel have sold out. Why is everyone making a song and dance when a black person does what others do.

Plus that comment is not racist. It is a racial insult (same as self hating jew or Kapo) but not racist.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:04 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:
azania wrote:A black person dismissing a racist insult is betraying their ethnicity. Would a jewish person dismiss a holocaust related insult and not be brought to book by their community? I doubt it very much.

WHo do you think did?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

Rio will not be found to have broken any rules and will not be fined. The FA know SFA about what the term means, especially the nicities of it. It is an insult. Probably the worst thing a black man can call another blackman. I doubt it bothers Cole though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

azania wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:I should add that I think that I think racism against black people or antisemitism is abhorrent. As is any other form of racisim (against any creed/ethniticity) and discrimination including sexism, xenophobia or discrimination against disability, sexual preference or age.

No need to add it. Its a delicate subject and you should feel free to say what you feel without the PC thought police on your back.
The same PC police who dismissed Suarez and agreed with Evra?

Rio has been skating on thin ice with his Twitter comments. He was also an infamous drugs cheat back in 2003. Guess that doesn't matter right? Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:25 pm

Woah Josiah, are you implying Rio missed a test he was told about at short notice then proceeded to leave without taking it on purpose Shocked
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

azania wrote:Rio will not be found to have broken any rules and will not be fined. The FA know SFA about what the term means, especially the nicities of it. It is an insult. Probably the worst thing a black man can call another blackman.[b] I doubt it bothers Cole though.[b]

Why isn't he a black man?

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
azania wrote:

The same PC police who dismissed Suarez and agreed with Evra?

Rio has been skating on thin ice with his Twitter comments. He was also an infamous drugs cheat back in 2003. Guess that doesn't matter right? Wink

I seldom use this, but after reading your post, it is well deserved. picard

So pinching Evra's skin and immediately referring to him as Negritto should be passed over as PC? Interesting.

As for Rio being a drug cheat. Nope. He missed a test which is against the rules and paid the correct price for it. He took the test a day later and was clean. Much like Christine Ohurugo. But lets call them all druggies eh.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
azania wrote:Rio will not be found to have broken any rules and will not be fined. The FA know SFA about what the term means, especially the nicities of it. It is an insult. Probably the worst thing a black man can call another blackman.[b] I doubt it bothers Cole though.[b]

Different community
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:

He is as he was described on twitter which caused Rio to giggle.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm

The fact Rio is reluctant to talk about it is guilt ridden. Anyway, this is about Rio using his race to attack Ashley Cole. Should be using his brain before writing on Twitter. Ok!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

azania wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
azania wrote:

As far as I know a jew will refer to another jew as selt hating or worse still as a Kapo. Each ethnic group has a term that is derogatory to those they feel have sold out. Why is everyone making a song and dance when a black person does what others do.

Plus that comment is not racist. It is a racial insult (same as self hating jew or Kapo) but not racist.

Yes doesn't make it right - and how have (or can they) 'sell out'? I'm Welsh, it's not like I can change my place of birth so that I am English or Scottish. I'm white, it's not like I can suddenly 'sell out' and decide I'm black, though I'm not sure what difference either would make, as I'm still me I still make decisions based on my own background, experiences and predujices - where I live or how light/dark my skin is doesn't really come into it - neither does anyone elses. I certainly wouldn't be going around checking if I'm acting the exact same way as everyone else who is born in the same place as me or is the same 'colour' as me (though I must say I'm more of a pinkish sort of colour while my friend is very pale white, so maybe it doesn't count as he's not my 'colour'...)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

GSC wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Different community

Now you're getting silly.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

He took the test a day later and was clean.
That's why he was then banned for 8 months? Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

In what way did Rio attack Ashley? You excuse Suarez for using racist language at a black player and chastice Rio for laughing at a comment sent to him. Strange fellow.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

Are you for real Josiah or simply wumming. He was banned because he broke the testing rules. Not because he took drugs. Big difference.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:39 pm

GSC wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Different community

I see apologies, didn't realise racism was internal and external with different rules

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

azania wrote:Are you for real Josiah or simply wumming. He was banned because he broke the testing rules. Not because he took drugs. Big difference.
Then why didn't Ohuruogu get banned for missing tests? Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

azania wrote:
SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:

WHo do you think did?

No one did. Just you putting words in peoples mouths Whistle

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
azania wrote:Are you for real Josiah or simply wumming. He was banned because he broke the testing rules. Not because he took drugs. Big difference.
Then why didn't Ohuruogu get banned for missing tests? Wink

She got a 12 month ban.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:
azania wrote:
SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:

WHo do you think did?

No one did. Just you putting words in peoples mouths Whistle

Where have I put words in yours or anyone elses mouth? Stop making sheet up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:15 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:
GSC wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Different community

I see apologies, didn't realise racism was internal and external with different rules

Where is the racism? Why do some people want to be victims? Baffling.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:16 pm

Good. She was obviously taking something, just like Rio. Wink

Rio's physical improvement from 2003 onwards is much like Christine's from 2007 onwards.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

azania wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:
GSC wrote:
Smirnoffpriest wrote:

Different community

Where is the racism? Why do some people want to be victims? Baffling.
Clearly brain fed by the news.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

Not making any sheet up Az. It was you who said Cole dismissed racial insults on the last Rio thread which you seem to be making referance too again. He did no such thing though

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:30 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Not making any sheet up Az. It was you who said Cole dismissed racial insults on the last Rio thread which you seem to be making referance too again. He did no such thing though

Didn't he say that the case shouldn't even be in court? Didn't he deny hearing Terry saying the infamous words, but claimed to have heard Anton insulting Terry?

Interesting that he was further away from Anton but could clearly hear what he said. Yep as Bob Marley sang, "if the cap fits, let them wear it......Jah know".

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:07 pm

Rio uses Twitter to attack others because he's a coward when face to face. thumbsup
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:08 pm

azania wrote:Didn't he say that the case shouldn't even be in court? Didn't he deny hearing Terry saying the infamous words, but claimed to have heard Anton insulting Terry?

Interesting that he was further away from Anton but could clearly hear what he said. Yep as Bob Marley sang, "if the cap fits, let them wear it......Jah know".

Yes he did because as far as he was aware there was no racism it was just football banter...
He didnt dismiss racism though did he Az?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:
azania wrote:Didn't he say that the case shouldn't even be in court? Didn't he deny hearing Terry saying the infamous words, but claimed to have heard Anton insulting Terry?

Yes he did because as far as he was aware there was no racism it was just football banter...
He didnt dismiss racism though did he Az?

Bingo and precisely why he is referred to as a confectionary. He looks at it as football banter. For most people of whatever ethnicity, that is beyond football banter. Referring to someone as a F'n Black C### is not football banter. Most people would see that as racism and racist abuse. Not Ashley. Thanks for making my point for me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:22 pm

But he didn't hear any racist comments he just heard (so he says) Ferdinand slagging Terry about Wayne Bridge which is football banter. Its all there on the internet for you to read Az so I don't see how in any way that confirms your point!

Just because you don't like the man doesn't mean you should put false words in his mouth

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

Terry was shouting at Anton less that 3 yards from Ash and about 20 yards from Anton, yet he didn't hear Terry. Yeah right.

Didn't he say the insults should not lead to a court trial and that it was just football banter anyway?

I take it you believe what Ash said.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the judge cast doubt on Ashley's ability to hear things?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

He said there was no racial insults just football banter. He did not dismiss racism as nothing/just football banter like you have been saying. That could quite easily be considered slanderous. Cole said he didnt hear Ferdinand fully either anyway. He says he saw Ferdinand shouting either the word ‘black’ or ‘Bridgey.

Personally I think Terry did call him a B**** C*** but the evidence isn't there to do him and rightfully so he was let of. Whether Cole heard him or not we will never know. It can be hard to hear anything sometimes with the noise of the crowd

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:He said there was no racial insults just football banter. He did not dismiss racism as nothing/just football banter like you have been saying. That could quite easily be considered slanderous. Cole said he didnt hear Ferdinand fully either anyway. He says he saw Ferdinand shouting either the word ‘black’ or ‘Bridgey.

Personally I think Terry did call him a B**** C*** but the evidence isn't there to do him and rightfully so he was let of. Whether Cole heard him or not we will never know. It can be hard to hear anything sometimes with the noise of the crowd

SO Ash is either saying that the words of Terry is just football banter or that nothing was said that was close to racial insults. Really?

OK he possibly did not hear Terry over the noise of the crowd. But how did he hear what AF was saying? I reckon I could tell the diference between Bridgey and Black. I see a Cadbury advert heading Cole's way.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:32 pm

He said there was no racial insults. For you to then blatantly dismiss that and quote him as saying racism is nothing is wrong Az. For all your hate of Cole even you must be able to see that??!!

If he did or didnt really hear Terry we will never know. We can only take him at his word on what evidence he gave in court.

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:36 pm

What does he mean by "there were no racial insults"? Does it mean that what Terry said was not a racial insult or that he didn't hear any racial insults?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 13 Aug 2012, 3:39 pm

Am reopening the thread but it is not to end up like the last one on this subject and will be watched closely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

Fined 45k and warned as to his future conduct.

Does the 45k get split over each member of his community?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 12:59 pm

GSC wrote:Fined 45k and warned as to his future conduct.

Does the 45k get split over each member of his community?

I have no idea. Does it get split over each meber of his community?

Here's hoping the (Sweet)FA clear John Terry's good name now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down