The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GB boxers chances in the pros?

+10
two_tone
TopHat24/7
Soldier_Of_Fortune
bhb001
Rowley
OasisBFC
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Gordy
spencerclarke
14 posters

Go down

GB boxers chances in the pros? Empty GB boxers chances in the pros?

Post by spencerclarke Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:10 pm

Evening all.

Now that the Olympic boxing has been on for a fair few days I was wondering about each fighters chances in the pro ranks?

Personnally I think Joshua would have the best chance. Lucky against the Cuban but in a pro fight I think he would have ended up with a ko. Plus he hasn't been fighting long and is making fast improvements.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

GB boxers chances in the pros? Empty Re: GB boxers chances in the pros?

Post by Gordy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:17 pm

I dont think any of them will. I have not been impressed with standard. They should look carefully at Audley Harrison and Amir Khan before deciding if they should go pro. They should have stayed at amateur and I think the current ones should to.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:21 pm

They've all got great chances!!! It's great to be a pro these days....

Especially if they sign for Warren...which would be the smart move!!!

As Hearn can sometimes be too much of a fan and pick a guy that hits back!!!

Some good talent.....

feels sorry for the chick though who's had the Muhammad Ali pr job!!!

Female Boxing is dead and my guess is Hearn and Warren are too old school to employ her anyway!!!

Back to the kitchen me thinks... after her five minutes of fame!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:34 pm

Gordy wrote:I dont think any of them will. I have not been impressed with standard. They should look carefully at Audley Harrison and Amir Khan before deciding if they should go pro. They should have stayed at amateur and I think the current ones should to.

I'm pretty sure when they look at their bank balances they'll be happy they turned pro.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:45 pm

Boxing is a dangerous sport. There is more at risk than just money. Unless you are supremelly talented then its better to stay in the amateurs where fights are shorter and there is protective headgear. I think Anthony Joshua will be tempted to go pro given how bad the division is. He might start believing alot of the hype about him especially if he wins gold. He might have half a chance, he cant be much worse than the likes of Haye and Harrison and he could do what Price is doing now. Just fight a bunch of nobodies and con gullible fans into believing you really are the next Lewis. Easy money!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 07 Aug 2012, 8:48 pm

How do you know If you are supremely talented unless you try???

and If nobody fought who wasn't supremely talented....

Then there would be no fights would there.. dumbass!!

apart from that...I agree wholesale with what you wrote!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:28 pm

Gordy wrote:I dont think any of them will. I have not been impressed with standard. They should look carefully at Audley Harrison and Amir Khan before deciding if they should go pro. They should have stayed at amateur and I think the current ones should to.

amir should have stayed away from the pro ranks? he's had one of the most successful careers in recent british history, making numerous millions in the process.

audley has made a few mil, regardless of his career. medals don't pay the bills.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:55 pm

Another British fighter knocked out unfortunately. Do people really think this guy should go pro? He should stay mateur and try and improve. He would get knocked out in the pro ranks.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:04 am

I agree with Gordy, if a fighter does not have the ability to be the next Sugar Ray Leonard he should stay amateur. Although as Truss has alluded to who the new Sugar Ray Leonard will fight as a pro is anyones guess

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:11 am

rowley wrote:I agree with Gordy, if a fighter does not have the ability to be the next Sugar Ray Leonard he should stay amateur. Although as Truss has alluded to who the new Sugar Ray Leonard will fight as a pro is anyones guess

Doesn't that mean we have one fighter pre division who routinely fights himself? Erm Sounds a shoe in for Tyson Fury

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

Doesn't do to overthink these things bhb.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:00 am

rowley wrote:I agree with Gordy........

Shocked picard

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
rowley wrote:I agree with Gordy........

Shocked picard

Is that one of the four harbingers of the apocolypse......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

Gordy wrote:Boxing is a dangerous sport. There is more at risk than just money. Unless you are supremelly talented then its better to stay in the amateurs where fights are shorter and there is protective headgear. I think Anthony Joshua will be tempted to go pro given how bad the division is. He might start believing alot of the hype about him especially if he wins gold. He might have half a chance, he cant be much worse than the likes of Haye and Harrison and he could do what Price is doing now. Just fight a bunch of nobodies and con gullible fans into believing you really are the next Lewis. Easy money!

I used to find you mildly entertaining in your wummery but you have become a bit of a stain to be honest. Why don't you mix it up a bit and come up with something fresh because at the moment you sound like Waingro.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 08 Aug 2012, 1:48 pm

Gordy a fair few of our boxers have been getting rave reviews before the olympics from 'most experts'. I don't actually think the standard had been that bad. Some have let the occassion get to them a little, others have done fine and will medal, some are maybe just more suited to the pros. Some are a combination of the above.

Not doing so grand with the betting myself so far though!!

By the way has az been kicked off? I missed the outcome of the disputes last week.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Aug 2012, 4:36 pm

two tone, no need to start dissing the much missed waingro. Gordy is but a sham of a mockery of waingro.

I've been a little underwhelmed by the gb boys to be honest, given their press. I'm not saying they've had some homers, but certainly they've ridden their luck, joshua in particular.

Evans has talent, but some blatant technical flaws that would need some work... i missed his most recent fight but sounds like some conditioning issues as well.

can't make my mind up on einstein ogogo, but looks like he has a modelling or pop career to fall back on, regardless.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 08 Aug 2012, 4:44 pm

milkyboy wrote: can't make my mind up on einstein ogogo, but looks like he has a modelling or pop career to fall back on, regardless.
Or indeed as your trusted man servant ?

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 08 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

if they did go pro it should be a quiet low key affair for a year or so, a audley style hype train will end badly as they will either be pushed to quickly and pick up a few losses or fight sticks and that will impact negativly on fans (not that it seems an issue for promoters these days). also 2-3 fights are year isnt going to do them any favours.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:03 pm

??????

Khan is a 2 time champion, 1 time unified champion, Was number 1 in his division, has fought 7 Ring Ranked Fighters, made 5 succesfull title defences, has fought 6 former/current/future world champions

You think he should have stayed amateur - he's worth over 20 Million

Audley although has failed he is very well off aswell.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:52 pm

and had a title shot, could have been world champ if he was good enough.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down