The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either

5 posters

Go down

Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either Empty Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 07 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

I thought of watching Roger and Nadal live in Rogers Masters in Toronto, been waiting for this event for the last 2 years and here you go both pulled out of the event, blame the Olympic schedule the Toronto Masters looks deserted.

I am not sure Del Po, Murray or Djoko have in them to produce the best either given they have to start by Flight on Monday and reach here today and play a match tomorrow onwards, tennis schedule has gone way too demanding.

If they really wanted Tennis to be in Olympics they should have rescheduled the tour for this year rather than fooling we fans who booked the ticket in advance.

Last edited by invisiblecoolers on Fri 10 Aug 2012, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either Empty Re: Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either

Post by The Special Juan Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:06 pm

Did you buy tickets? It's unfortunate this happened. I could see it coming but it's still got to be annoying for the fans. There'll still be some good tennis on show though hopefully.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either Empty Re: Very unfortunate, now no Raonic-Murray match either

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 07 Aug 2012, 10:29 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Did you buy tickets? It's unfortunate this happened. I could see it coming but it's still got to be annoying for the fans. There'll still be some good tennis on show though hopefully.

I Love tennis and I don't miss even challangers, but its my dream to watch Roger and Rafa play live, I had my chances on Wimbledon but unfortunate circumstances in spite of having ticket I wasn't able to watch tat time, and now thought of watching them live in Toronto and its not gonna happen either.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:24 am

It has to be said that this summer's schedule is totaly ridiculous

The US Open will be won by which of the four are at their most fittest and it could well be Rafa

If they are all suffering then expect someone like Berdcy to snap back into form - after all he's hardly played lately Laugh

Seriously, someone wants sacking for not thinking this through and turning this event that used to be called 'the 5th major' into a non-event

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:19 pm

The schedule for 2012 was published almost two years ago jointly by ATP/ITF. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:29 pm

Look on the bright side IC, some Canadian players were given the opportunity to play. Polansky was unlucky against Ebdon after taking the first set so convincingly and Dancevic also done ok.

You have a potential Raonic/Murray match to look forward to Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Look on the bright side IC, some Canadian players were given the opportunity to play. Polansky was unlucky against Ebdon after taking the first set so convincingly and Dancevic also done ok.

I am going for the blockbuster match today Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:43 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Look on the bright side IC, some Canadian players were given the opportunity to play. Polansky was unlucky against Ebdon after taking the first set so convincingly and Dancevic also done ok.

I am going for the blockbuster match today Very Happy

Good man OK has the makings of a great match.

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 09 Aug 2012, 5:05 pm

One side I want Roanic to win and make a statement on the other side I want Murray to win the tournament and get back to no.3, one thing for sure 1 thing not gonna happen.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 10 Aug 2012, 12:49 am

Goodness me now I can't even watch Murray -Raonic match as Murray pulled out and it rained all day today here. Something great with my Tennis luck, just not able to watch big players play live.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 10 Aug 2012, 7:18 am

He should never have been there in the first place. Murray's weakness, is his enthusiasm which nearly gave him another nagging injury

Fact is, great though this event is - it should have been moved on a week along with everything else for the rest of the year

Goodness knows what Nole's doing there!! So he might win this. If so it will be ac phyrric victory as (assuming he plays Cincy) he is going to be spent for the US Open

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 9:11 am

Nole has to go to toronto if he wants to finish the year as number 1. He has to defend a USO title, a final at cincy, and a title at Toronto. Taking a zero for 1000 points he won last year would basically doom him to the #2 ranking.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 10 Aug 2012, 9:15 am

socal1976 wrote:Nole has to go to toronto if he wants to finish the year as number 1. He has to defend a USO title, a final at cincy, and a title at Toronto. Taking a zero for 1000 points he won last year would basically doom him to the #2 ranking.

Then again, the could play 52 weeks a year and guarantee the No.1 spot I suppose. Not certain he'd have the energy needed to win any of the Slams with three closely competitive rivals - but at least he'd be No.1 Rolling Eyes

Don't you think, winning Slams is more important. Assuming Murray and Nadal are fully fit and assuming Nole plays Cincy, then he's at a fairly big energy disadvantage.

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 9:30 am

Banbro the issue is bigger than that. Novak hasn't played that much tennis this year and has held up well physically. He needs to get his mojo and his winning feel back. So I think it is a smart move to be in this tournament even if he loses in the later rounds.I haven't seen him play his best or near, even near his best since miami and for a short spurt in the RG final that last two sets. He played wimby and the olympics, lost early in Madrid, skipped the tournament in belgrade. If anything he has played the lightest schedule of any of the top guys and seems to be feeling fitter right now while being off form and wanting to get back his number 1 ranking. I think he can't possibly pass on this opportunity.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:15 am

socal1976 wrote:Banbro the issue is bigger than that. Novak hasn't played that much tennis this year and has held up well physically. He needs to get his mojo and his winning feel back. So I think it is a smart move to be in this tournament even if he loses in the later rounds.I haven't seen him play his best or near, even near his best since miami and for a short spurt in the RG final that last two sets. He played wimby and the olympics, lost early in Madrid, skipped the tournament in belgrade. If anything he has played the lightest schedule of any of the top guys and seems to be feeling fitter right now while being off form and wanting to get back his number 1 ranking. I think he can't possibly pass on this opportunity.

Fair point. I suppose getting his rhythm back is important

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 11:26 am

Sorry you missed what could've been a great match IC. I think Murray has done the right thing given the potential fixture pile up due to the rain. The plus side Raonic through and maybe a Canadian winner on the horizon? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 10 Aug 2012, 8:08 pm

Luckily for Toronto masters Novak decided to come and still playing, it would be a horror for us had Novak withdrawn from it.

Roanic - Novak finals would heal our wounds a bit.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 10 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Sorry you missed what could've been a great match IC. I think Murray has done the right thing given the potential fixture pile up due to the rain. The plus side Raonic through and maybe a Canadian winner on the horizon? Very Happy

I really hope so LK, Roanic is presented with a golden oppurtunity, looks like Novak might soon lose interest in this tournament like everybody else have done. Sad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

The sun is out my friend, but I hear a storm is on the horizon Sad

I hope Raonic can make the final. How well is covered by the press over there?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 11 Aug 2012, 2:24 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:The sun is out my friend, but I hear a storm is on the horizon Sad

Oh pathetic, people have lost interest here, its a great tournament and well recieved here most times but not this time around, I am skipping the tournament anyways, nobody is interested this time around. Crying or Very sad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 11 Aug 2012, 2:29 am

There is a Raonic-Isner match though.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2012, 5:08 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:The sun is out my friend, but I hear a storm is on the horizon Sad

Oh pathetic, people have lost interest here, its a great tournament and well recieved here most times but not this time around, I am skipping the tournament anyways, nobody is interested this time around. Crying or Very sad

So sad to see empty stadiums. I am sorry the weather has cursed the event. Sad

Some of the tennis though has been great to watch Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 11 Aug 2012, 5:55 pm

What "cursed" this event, what the ridiculous way that the powers that be underestimated the impact of The Olympics

What tournament starts a day after the final of a major (not major!!) event and doesn't expect to pay?

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 12 Aug 2012, 1:38 am

banbrotam wrote:What "cursed" this event, what the ridiculous way that the powers that be underestimated the impact of The Olympics

What tournament starts a day after the final of a major (not major!!) event and doesn't expect to pay?

mad

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down