The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summerslam odds

+4
paulscholes
NickisBHAFC
Marky
Adam D
8 posters

Go down

Summerslam odds Empty Summerslam odds

Post by Adam D Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 13:33

Chris Wilkerson (of the v2 podcast fame - what do you mean you havent listened yet?) has put together the latest runners and riders for Summerslam this Sunday and the official odds from Paddy Power - click here to see latest odds and offers):

The full article can be seen on the v2Journal - http://v2journal.com/summerslam-betting.html

It’s the 25th anniversary Summerslam this Sunday evening, one of WWE’s big PPV events of the year. Wonderfully, Paddy Power have continued their recent habit of pricing up the matches, which means there is money to be made, and the less interesting matches can be made meaningful with unnecessary gambling.

At this moment in time they’ve got six of the matches on offer to us, although that includes Sheamus v Del Rio, I haven’t read the Smackdown spoilers and I still don’t know whether this is on, and this ignores other likely match ups and the WWE’s unannounced filler.

The Miz (c) 4/6 vs Rey Mysterio 11/10 – Intercontinental Championship Match click here to see latest odds and offers
This one seems a great opportunity to take advantage of surprisingly level odds. The Miz is favourite, but only slightly, and that makes Rey Mysterio far too short a price in my view. WWE gave Miz the belt very quickly on his return to the company, has given him time to show off his mic skills whenever they can, and clearly rate his importance given his recent movie role. On top of that this feud has come from nowhere. Not really any build up, no rivalry, no mic time against each other. This all seems to me like they are just throwing in a match for two of their decent upper mid-card players. With that in mind, there is no sense in a title loss, and Rey could well be in a feud with Del Rio soon, a feud that will not need this belt.
BET – Victory for The Miz @ 4/6

Chris Jericho 7/4 vs Dolph Ziggler 2/5 click here to see latest odds and offers

This match has been nicely built between the two of them, and a feud that in better years would have had a couple months of back and forths, and maybe something on the line. Both work the mic well, both work their characters extremely well, and the both of them will go very well in the ring. WWE have done well to touch on the fact Jericho has not been winning, something that has tainted his involvement in this most recent run. Everybody knows he is putting people over. As such, it is hard to see Ziggler not winning this, especially as he needs credibility holding the briefcase. Jericho also looks set to leave again after Summerslam, and whilst Dolph could recover from a loss, it would do his title holding credentials a world of good to beat Y2J, whilst it leaves the door open for another feud when Jericho returns.
BET – Victory for Dolph Ziggler @2/5

Daniel Bryan 4/6 vs Kane 11/10click here to see latest odds and offers

Daniel Bryan is kept out of the title picture this month with a match of little build against Kane. They do have history, and the WWE started to make animosity between them when Kane attacked Bryan after his therapist session, but then it went a bit quiet and turned into AJ annoying Bryan for fun. In terms of ability, potential and their standing in the company, you would expect Bryan to win, but the WWE seem to be building a lot of comedy around him, and their comedy characters at this level usually get screwed over to prolong the bitterness. Factor in AJ and their continuing problems, and the possible, depressing inclusion of Charlie Sheen, and Kane could steal a win here that will do nothing for him anyway, but keep Bryan forced down.
BET – Victory for Kane @11/10

Sheamus (c) 1/4 vs Alberto Del Rio 5/2 – World Heavyweight Championship Match? click here to see latest odds and offers

The match the fans all over the world are desperate to see! No? Oh. Is it even on? Or is Booker still really mad that Alberto Del Rio beat up Sheamus? It was unfair, he hit him you know. All that aside, there is really no way Del Rio is winning this is there? 1/4 is probably a cracking price on Sheamus considering the babyface he is and the run he is on. Factor in that no one cares about Del Rio, he’s lost this match 200 times and that Ziggler won’t be taking on a heel, as well as Wade Barrett and Orton both better options to feud with Sheamus than Del Rio. All this adds up to the ginger Prince of Ireland retaining.
BET – Victory for Sheamus @ 1/4

Brock Lesnar 8/11 vs Triple H evens click here to see latest odds and offers

Ahhh what a battle to call. Lesnar’s second PPV appearance comes against a shy, mild mannered businessman who keeps being forced back into the ring and back into the limelight. Not really, he’s coming up against Triple H. Oh how Hunter must have fought for this match. It could very well be a great tool to get Lesnar’s brutality over again, remind everyone of who he is and what he can do. Or it could be a nice ego boost for Hunter. I’m siding with the former this time, and hoping WWE have not brought back a machine like Lesnar on that kind of money just to feed him to people that don’t need to beat him. Realistically, there’s a lot that can be set up from this storyline, and Lesnar can win this and line up possible matches with the four big guns – Taker, The Rock, Punk and Cena again. Looking at it plainly as a contest Lesnar wins. Story logic? Lesnar wins. WWE logic? What’s WWE logic?

BET – Victory for Brock Lesnar @8/11

CM Punk (c) 2/5 vs John Cena 11/4 vs Big Show 4/1 – Triple Threat – WWE Championship Match - click here to see latest odds and offers

I’ve done what the WWE have failed to do. I’ve done what the WWE probably won’t do Sunday. I’ve put CM Punk as the main event, the last match on my run through.

Given Cena’s wins against Big Show, Lesnar and at Money in the Bank, I think the American superhero may let the creative team off without a spanking if he loses this one. If he loses, he won’t lose clean, and it looks like we’re probably set for a long feud between Cena and Punk. Many people see this as the beginning of Punk’s full heel turn, but to have impact that would need him to do something controversial for victory. His heel persona of a man disrespected by his peers considering his standing would also look weak if he no longer had the belt. Cena is always better chasing the belt, whilst Cena vs Rock would not be ‘wasted’ (in their eyes not mine) on Royal Rumble. However, if Cena pins Show then Punk has a legitimate gripe about how his title was lost, and is a wonderful angry title chaser. There are solid reasons for either to win that are not all just because WWE loves Cena. That’s also a factor though, let’s be honest.

All in all, it’s a tough call, which is a positive sign coming into a PPV match. To be able to bet on Cena to win a match at a price of 11/4 to win a match is tempting, but I want Punk to win, and I think it would legitimise this feud and future feuds to have him keep the strap.
Oh, what about the Big Show I hear you cry? Ha! No. Stop it. 4/1? Let’s hope he wins it, takes out Lesnar at Survivor Series, The Rock at the Royal Rumble then ends the streak at Wrestlemania, before Santino brings him down with an almighty Cobra.

BET – Victory for CM Punk @2/5

My bankers would be Lesnar and Miz, which is a decent priced double. Enjoy the night, this is a decent card and should get stronger, even if its filler.

Last edited by Adam D on Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 13:38; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Summerslam odds Empty Re: Summerslam odds

Post by Marky Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 13:37

I'm now tempted to gamble. Dammit!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 14:33

You'll never get a bigger price on Cena ever again. 11/4 is massive.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 15:22

Always gamble on the ppv's on Paddy Power

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 15:32

You can only bet a single on shemaus to win it don't let you do anything else

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 15:39

I've just noticed that. On the plus side Sheamus is now only 1/3. Buying money that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 16:22

After Cena lost me 150 nicker at Wrestlemania im staying away from it hah.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 16:40

Frustrating, they were priced much better when the market opened, both miz and lesnar were 4/5. I have no idea with the sheamus one, I havent read the smackdown spoilers yet but I wonder if its to do with Paddy not being sure what the hell was going on with that match.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Aug 2012 - 16:41

ADR would be a good bet if still at that price thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down