The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Expendables 2, great action movie

3 posters

Go down

The Expendables 2, great action movie Empty The Expendables 2, great action movie

Post by Morgannwg Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:22 am

I watched this just last night. What a great action movie it is. The first one was a bit of a letdown to people (a bit of action with little thought). This movie had both in abundance I thought, I rate it as ten times better than the first. It was a breath of fresh air seeing Arnie back in action movies; and prolific entertainment in general seeing all the big action stars from my childhood rolled into one movie. I think it's the first time I've seen Van Damme as the baddie but he did that pretty well. Nice to see the muscles from brussels come from out of the wilderness.

(The following is not a spoiler as it can be read in the synopsis) The plot centers on the Expendables going after the bad guy after their friend is killed during a mission. The only letdown I thought, was it being obvious which one was going to die. Expected more from Sly after his decision to kill off Mick and then Apollo in the Rocky series. But sitting there and watching all the mercenairies unite for one big fight more than made up for that.

I would expect a third film, perhaps more. Success would probably be dependant on guys like Willis, Schwarzenegger being involved (but perhaps it could even turn into a hobbie for them?). Well done Sly Stallone, you are certainly going to make the cheesey action movies great again.

Drop by and let V2 know what you think as soon as you watch this movie.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

The Expendables 2, great action movie Empty Re: The Expendables 2, great action movie

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 21 Aug 2012, 9:56 pm

Van Damme played the bad guy in the film Replicant. Its a good movie.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

The Expendables 2, great action movie Empty Re: The Expendables 2, great action movie

Post by Morgannwg Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:41 am

The title I have heard of. I haven't seen it though but will keep an eye out. Cheers Nad.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Haven't seen the second one yet, however the conversation in the church during the first movie was quality. The chemistry stallone, arnie and willis have is superb.

Trench: Oh, like I said. I'm busy anyway, so give this job to my friend here. He loves playing in the jungle. Right?
Barney Ross: [sarcastically] Right.
Mr. Church: [Uncertain] That's right.
Trench: [to Barney] Hey, why don't we have dinner?
Barney Ross: Sure. When?
Trench: In a thousand years?
Barney Ross: Too soon.
[Trench walks off]
Mr. Church: [Confused; about Trench] What's his f*****g problem?
Barney Ross: He wants to be president.

Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down