The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Last!!

+4
hawkeye
laverfan
Turron
The Special Juan
8 posters

Go down

At Last!! Empty At Last!!

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:05 pm

Donald Young was won a match for the first time since February.

He defeated Leonardo Mayer 4-6 6-3 6-2 at Winston Salem

RedWine

Back to top Go down

At Last!! Empty Re: At Last!!

Post by The Special Juan Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:13 pm

clap Finally!! Made hard work of it though.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

After 6 months of losses it must be difficult to remember how easy it used to be.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Who is Winston Salem?

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:47 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Who is Winston Salem?

He is Winston Churchill's long lost Cosmic brother. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:23 am

legendkillarV2

cough... If only I could write interesting articles like you. sigh... We truly live in a golden age of tennis. I am going to think over this latest information before seeing how it compare with similar matches in the Borg McEnroe era, then I will produce a few charts full of stats, then I will make a few prediction about the future careers of Mayer and Young and how this may impact on the final slam count of Federer and Nadal.... But before I do that I might just take a short nap... Zzzzz...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 am

Hawky,

If you could actually write beyond Nadal, Murray and sometimes even Federer or Djokovic, I wouldn't have your threads deemed one dimensional like your favourite player Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:43 am

Speaking of Donald Young and his lack of wins - Some may remember a guy called Vince Spadea who had a woeful run of first-time exits some years ago. It was so bad that his final year-end record read a grisly 3-28.
Why you may ask did he not drop down to the challenger level ? The thing is he had actually finished around 20 in the world the previous year so had automatic entry to every major tourney for months.
I actually saw him finally break his duck . He was up against Greg Rusedski at Wimbledon. Greg pluckily saved match points in the fourth set and Vince must have wondered if he's ever win another match. But he managed it in five.
Vince did OK the following year so there is hope for Young.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:50 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Hawky,

If you could actually write beyond Nadal, Murray and sometimes even Federer or Djokovic, I wouldn't have your threads deemed one dimensional like your favourite player Very Happy
Run
You had to bring me into this, didn't you? boxing

Very Happy

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am

It Must Be Love wrote:

Run

Very Happy

Well she seems to be spouting the same crap again and is making me wish jersey would come back.

Yes Nadal is injured Sad he will get over it.

There are other players out there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:59 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

Run

Very Happy

Well she seems to be spouting the same crap again and is making me wish jersey would come back.
I don't see how that affects (or has anything to do with) Nadal. chin
Personally I think HE is a much better poster than Jersey (but as Murray fans can vouch I have criticised Hawkeye when I thought was necessary); if you want Jersey back you can start a petition thumbsup

legendkillarV2 wrote:[
There are other players out there Smile
Yes, but they aren't Nadal.

It's equivalent to keeping your pet goldfish in the tank after it has died.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 am

You can only write so much on player not participating.

It makes the Take That split look good.

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:13 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:

No, don't be Ludacris.

At-least after the Take That Split- 1/5th of its members (Robbie Williams) tried to keep us entertained.

What is 1/5th of Nadal going to do.

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

No, don't be Ludacris.

At-least after the Take That Split- 1/5th of its members (Robbie Williams) tried to keep us entertained.

What is 1/5th of Nadal going to do.

Once again, the dead goldfish springs to mind.

Who cares what Nadal is going to do. Not one player is bigger than the sport.

I dread to think what fans will do if he takes a holiday.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:16 am

I am here you know. If anyone wants to compare me to jersey they could at least do it behind my back...

Of course there are other players out there but they don't look as exciting if the menacing prospect of having to play Nadal has been removed. For example look at Federer I've never seen him look so relaxed and carefree. He may get beaten of course (so what!) but he doesn't have the worry of being beaten by Rafa. He may win too (17/18 slams who's counting) but it wouldn't be as much fun as if he won by beating Rafa.

I'm not worried about Nadal returning as I think he will but the US Open won't be as much fun without him in the draw.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:19 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
Who cares what Nadal is going to do. Not one player is bigger than the sport.

I'm not saying Nadal is bigger than the sport.

But it is natural that a fan of a particular player would want their player to play in a competition. There's nothing wrong with that.

Personally I can't support anyone else in the US Open fully- but that's just me thumbsup

For example I am sure there are some Swedish fans who are upset Soderling isn't back etc. but that doesn't mean they think Soderling is bigger than the sport.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 am

How come I write an interesting and entertaining article about how the US Open won't be the same without Nadal and it gets ignored but the discussion gets transferred here to legenkillarV2's "article" about Donald Young...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:24 am

I am here you know. If anyone wants to compare me to jersey they could at least do it behind my back...

I think you should give me a bit of credit for actually displaying my views than actually doing some knife in the back type of method.

Who knows, you might do an article which does legitimately pose a question which might require a discussion to actually take place.

You and jersey are quite similar in many ways Smile

I liked jersey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 am

hawkeye wrote:How come I write an interesting and entertaining article about how the US Open won't be the same without Nadal and it gets ignored but the discussion gets transferred here to legenkillarV2's "article" about Donald Young...

What emoticon to use chin

I know

Laugh

It is was a close one between the laugh and the picard

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:33 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:

I think you should give me a bit of credit for actually displaying my views than actually doing some knife in the back type of method.

Who knows, you might do an article which does legitimately pose a question which might require a discussion to actually take place.

I liked jersey.

I would if there was anything interesting to discuss. But I can't think of anything. It could be because this so called golden age of tennis is boring without Rafa...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:34 am

hawkeye wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

I liked jersey.

I would if there was anything interesting to discuss. But I can't think of anything. It could be because this so called golden age of tennis is boring without Rafa...

Is Neil Harman on summer holidays?

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 am

Back on OP, Young almost lost, he down a set. Perhaps Mayer felt he should give Young a break. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:06 am

How are you so into young, I just don't get it legend, the guy is not that positive of a character was so overhyped when he was young and frankly for a long time I don't know if he put in the work, and now it seems like it is getting late in the game for him.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:18 am

I am not so into Young socal. The crazy statistic came up in Cincinnati about his losing streak. I was impressed with his performances last year at the US Open and for an American he moved really well. It seemed bizarre he ditched his coach post Australian Open in favour of his parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 am

I agree with LK, Socal. He was considered a potential mantle-bearer for the US Tennis flagship with Sock, Harrison, et al.

The Current Top 100 has 9 US players, Isner (#10), Roddick (#21), Fish (#24), Querrey (#28), Harrison (#61), Baker (#70), Levine (#76), Young (#80), R Ram (#98) - a mixed bag of Young and old (pun intended Laugh ).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:06 am

laverfan wrote:I agree with LK, Socal. He was considered a potential mantle-bearer for the US Tennis flagship with Sock, Harrison, et al.

The Current Top 100 has 9 US players, Isner (#10), Roddick (#21), Fish (#24), Querrey (#28), Harrison (#61), Baker (#70), Levine (#76), Young (#80), R Ram (#98) - a mixed bag of Young and old (pun intended Laugh ).
I'm not sure some people even watch tennis outside of when the big 4 clash.

Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:21 am

Young lost to Lopez in Winstom-Salem - 16 more matches to go before his next win. Crying or Very sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 am

31 year old Fed never lost more than 2 matches in a row since 2004, amazing tbh.

I remember it took Federer 3 years to lose 16 total matches, how can you do that with no fluke wins in between Donald?? Laugh
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum