The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher

+26
ScottieD18
twoeightnine
Lairdy
GPB
robopz
SmithersJones
John Cregan
princedracula
Shotrock
Conehead
hend085
incontinentia
EmmDee57
Bob_the_Job
Sand
super_realist
NedB-H
skiddy
Tinmar
pedro
Redrage
McLaren
Slowride
sirbenson
Plunky
kwinigolfer
30 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 22 Aug 2012, 6:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

1).Well done Sergio, a second emphatic European win on Tour in eight days after a season spent mostly in the doldrums. It's not often that the "horses for courses" and/or "home advantage" maxims manifest themselves so comprehensively as they did this week, with eight of the top 13 having very strong ties to the Carolinas and adjacent States. Throw in a couple of Texans, a Californian, and a Spaniard whose first effort on the Sedgefield course was a third place as an 18-year-old amateur!

2).All of which makes Nicolas Colsaerts' 7th place finish all the more noteworthy. A good finish this week in Scotland, and Europe's Ryder Cup chances will seem a lot brighter than they did just a fortnight ago.

3).Before we move on to the play-offs, let's add a couple of post-scripts from Kiawah.
Firstly, Lee Westwood (first in greens in regulation over 36 holes) firing Pete Cowen and engaging Tony Johnstone. If Johnstone can battle (if not cure) Westwood's short game woes half as well as he's battled MS these past eight years then Westwood will be back at the top of his game in short order. Johnstone told GolfWorld that Westwood has been driving him "a bit doolally not winning Majors because of his short game". We'll see.

4).And the Nearly Man Major Champion of 2012 is Adam Scott, with a final total of 1,130 strokes at the season's Four Grand Slammers. The full leaderboard of those who made all four cuts is:
1).Scott: 1,130
2).McDowell: 1,132
3).Poulter: 1,138
4).Harrington: 1,139
5).Woods: 1,143
6).Dufner and Furyk: 1,144
8).Stricker: 1,148
9).Jacobson: 1,149
10).Molinari and Bradley: 1,156
12).Z.Johnson: 1,162

5).The US Media have been making clear their dissatisfaction with Kiawah as a Major Championship venue.
One thing is for sure: Bellerive C.C. in St.Louis will take the next open US Major date having signed up for the 2018 PGA Championship. Player won the 1965 US Open here, Nick Price won the 1992 PGA and Bellerive was due to host the WGC American Express Championship during the week beginning Sept 10th 2001. We know how that went, but the Tour finally returned for the BMW Championship in 2008, won by Camilo Villegas.

6).Sergio Garcia was not the only golfer to enjoy an emotional win last weekend; the Champions Tour's Dick's Sporting Goods Open, in Endicott, NY, was won by once-can't-miss-prospect Willie Wood. For a variety of reasons, including the tragic illness and eventual death of his wife, the now-51-year-old Wood's career didn't materialise quite as expected and he had to "open qualify" last week as he had no exemptions. But, as they say, class is permanent, and great to see the 1983 Walker Cupper come out on top.
A comeback of sorts also for the En-Joie course which had been ravaged by floods during last autumn's hurricanes, just a few years after being devastated by floods which led to its removal as host of the Tour's BC Open.

7).And so to Bethpage Black and "The Barclays".
The Tillinghast classic, on New York City's Long Island, has only seen the Tour's best twice before, at the US Opens of 2002 and 2009. Unlike Upstate New York, which produces a steady supply of top golfers, the immediate New York area seldom yields a top player so the only homefield advantage will be enjoyed by adopted son Phil Mickelson. Bethpage is a BIG golfcourse with relatively small greens, likely to play firm and fast in ideal weather and the only horses for courses clues date back to those Opens. The seven golfers to make both cuts then who are in this week's field are: Woods, Mickelson, Garcia, Mayfair, Stricker, Choi and Singh.

8).This being the first leg of the FedEx play-offs, 125 golfers qualified (Dufner and Levin are absent) and the top 100 in FedEx points after this week will advance to the Boston area and the Deutsche Bank. Europeans in most danger of failing to move on include:
95th: Jacobson
111th: Christian
117th: Stenson
while among other "notables" in trouble are: Schwartzel, LoveIII, Allenby, Day and Immelman.
Likely winner? No idea, but difficult not to fancy Garcia (4th in 2002, 10th in 2009), Harrington (8th in 2002) and McIlroy (10th in 2009) among Europeans.

9).Next year's Wyndham Championship at Greensboro will be the final tournament of the "regular" 2013 season. The Top 125 in FedEx points will move on to the Play Offs, 126-200 will go the yet-to-be-fully-defined three event series with the web.com's best, and anyone languishing below 200th will have to wait until Q-School to play again.
Crucial point of all this is that dollars won no longer will be the official currency of the PGA Tour, FedEx points will be.
As a general guide, the players who earn the most money will be the same as those who garner the highest FedEx points total, but there will be differences.
This year for instance, Jhonny Vegas has won $744K (105th on Tour) but, because he is 126th on the FedEx points list, he sits at home this week while Heath Slocum plays at Bethpage having won just $424K (142nd on Tour), but harvested more FedEx points. There are plenty more such discrepancies, but that's what the Tour wants. owgr points will still be important of course for the Majors and one assumes the PGA of America will continue to use dollars for their qualifying lists, both for its Championship and Ryder Cup selection. Not sure about the Pres.Cup which, after all, is run by the PGA Tour.

10).Big news in golf this week has been the admission of Condoleeza Rice and Darla Moore as Members at Augusta National. Always thought Condi Rice had the makings of a good person despite the sordid work colleagues she had for a while.
But I DO know that Darla Moore has been a powerful force for good at the University of South Carolina where she has for many years made generous endowments to its Business School which now bears her name, the International Programs being especially highly regarded (#1 in the nation according to US News and World Report). She's most certainly not just a figurehead and hopefully her character will prove a strong influence among the good ol' boys up the road in Augusta. About time.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty Re: PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by robopz Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:A reminder that everyone within the FedEx Top 125 makes $70K from the FedEx bonus pool, however dismally they play this week, while all those moving on to TPC Boston will "earn" a minimum of $75K from the bonus pool.
Those surviving for the BMW Championship in Indiana will take at least $110K. Not "official" money, but their bank managers won't care.

And another reminder... those same players, all the way through #150 would have gotten pretty much this same money anyway... even had there never been a FedEX playoff. Remember the FedEx is set up as the players basically playing for their OWN retirement money plus some FedEX cash thrown in for the very top finishers. 100% of the FedEx bonus is deferred into the players retirement accounts for EVERY player from #6 on down. #'s 1-5 get a portion as real cash they can spend now. If you get deep into the formula's... approx. 90% of the 150 players will get at LEAST as much in their retirement fund as they would have under the prior retirement plan... approx 10% may get a reduction of no more than 15% of what they would have earned under the prior plan.

The difference is NEW players on the PGAT are 100% vested sooner (no minimum cuts made rule)... and most of the top roughly 20 finishers get significantly more in their retirement plan than they would have otherwise.

Last edited by robopz on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

robopz

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 3 Empty Re: PGA Tour: 123 Barclays Cards: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by Sand Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:15 pm

robopz wrote:Ha... I heard that Ollie said yesterday that Harrington has to "at least" win the Barclays to get consideration for a RC pick...

At Least? Like what else in addition to winning the Barclays can he do?

EDIT: I've not ever been a big Harrington fan... never had anything against him... but other than a few years there when he was winning majors, he wasn't one of my "favorites" either. But I've got to admit... I'm really pulling for him in the Barclay's now. Everything I've been able to read... Ollie's the one that's been petty in fostering this "grudge" between he and Harrington ever since 2003. Harrington, Seve, Monty have all apparently tried get to Ollie and get him to see it for what it was... a situation that Ollie took the wrong way. If I'm wrong... someone chime in here and correct me... otherwise... GO PADDY... I hope you stick it up that Spaniard's.... OOPS... better not say that (don't wanna sound too much like Stevie Williams... :-)

Not sure its the grudge that he wont be getting picked for, maybe that Colsaerts has more form than him this year and deserves the pick more? Cant see Harrington winning the tournament anyway.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:21 pm

Shotrock wrote:Listen, with all the Irish descent in the US, can we have Paddy if you guys don't want him?
That's a good one, don't see why not...Smile

robopz wrote:At Least? Like what else in addition to winning the Barclays can he do?
Have "OLLY" tatooed on his left shoulder...? Smile

You can see here (almost shot-by-shot Smile) how the (in)famous 'spat' between the two developed...

http://www.inpho.ie/assignment/The-Seve-Trophy-9-11-2003/8AWBeute9LdcwU1PicLYTA..a

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:23 pm

robo,
Good explanation, Thanks.

I think 150 made cuts is still the "veteran player" threshhold, isn't it? Could make a big difference to current rank and file (and I'm thinking here especially of Cejka who just reached 150) in accessing tournament places next year and beyond.

Sr,
Badds is usually very talkative, most entertaining when I've seen him. You'd think the Play Offs would be important tournaments for S O'H, courses that should suit him, a chance to redeem himself after a disappointing season.

Hole in one for Chris Kirk.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:25 pm

Sand wrote:Not sure its the grudge that he wont be getting picked for, maybe that Colsaerts has more form than him this year and deserves the pick more? Cant see Harrington winning the tournament anyway.

I agree that Harrington winning this thing is still a long shot... and I would agree that if Harrington doesn't win and Colsaerts doesn't automatically qualify... then there more than a good case for selecting Colsaerts.

But NOT if Harrington does in fact win... and Colsaerts doesn't make top-10 automatic picks. How could one possibly justify leaving off a recent 3-time major winner, experienced Ryder Cupper and player that wins a HUGE event against this kind of field and take a guy with 2 career wins? It would seem to me that a Paddy win would answer any "is he in form" questions that could possibly be asked.

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:28 pm

Shotrock wrote:Kwin - Good call on Fage.

Also forgot to mention Currier. I always thought he was from Chadwicks, but I learned something today! Great stuff.

In the small world department, a friend of mine was a walking scorer for O'Hair and Baddeley yesterday. He said O'Hair was quite friendly, Baddeley all business.

That's interesting because we saw Baddeley practicing tuesday and felt sorry for him. He went out on his own but Pat Perez was some way in front of him, also on his own. Pat was hanging around forever putting on the first green, saw Baddeley waiting in the fairway behind him and called him up. From what I've read, I'm not sure Perez is everybody's idea of a great playing partner -- for one thing he has heavy metal playing loudly from somewhere within his bag which is not everybody's cuppa tea. So maybe Baddeley didn't get in the kind of practice he'd been hoping for. Meanwhile, every time we saw O'Hair he was on his own, very serious, very focussed.

While on the subject, Brian Gay seemed like a bit of a miserable git -- very surly when one fan tried to make a little innocent conversation with him. He was waiting on the tee box alone, caddy had gone off somewhere, and just looking aloof into the distance. He sort of grunted when the fan spoke, but never turned around or anything. J.Byrd on the other hand was approached by a little old man who obviously had some long story to share when Byrd's playing partners had moved onto the next hole, and JByrd couldn't have been more gracious ! Always interesting to see the players react (or not) with the fans. Of course I'm not sure how gracious I am when someone interrupts me when I'm at work and not having a good day !

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:33 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:
I think 150 made cuts is still the "veteran player" threshhold, isn't it? Could make a big difference to current rank and file (and I'm thinking here especially of Cejka who just reached 150) in accessing tournament places next year and beyond.

Yes... you are correct. 150 cuts is still a very important threshold, for several reasons, including access to more tournaments in the future and rules regarding the underlying retirement plan. And just to be clear... the old retirement plam still hasn't gone away. What's different is the contribution formulas for the top-150 players. But take all those members who didn't make top-150 FedEx... those eligible are still participants in the retirement plan as per it's other rules and stipulations.

EDIT: And by the way... the 150 threshold as it applies to Veteran status is very well spelled out in the member handbook, of which I have a 2012 copy. The retirement situation is spelled out in it's OWN set of documents of which I do NOT have copies. My knowledge of the retirement system (and how the FedEX Cup is intertwined) is from published reports and and second hand information... but I can't verify the "exactness" of any of the retirement issues.

Last edited by robopz on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:37 pm

Reports of a shooting rampage close to the Empire State Building.
Hope no golfers are sightseeing.
Stay safe, Plunky!

robo, That's what I assumed, not really that many who have 150 cuts, but no wins.
PGA Tour pension plan very very rich. Especially for the very, very rich. Including Finchem, not surprising he fancied another term as commish..

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Plunky - I was pretty involved with players and practice at a PGA tournament for a couple of years, so I try not to judge "a person" on a very brief interaction and while they are working as you so correctly point out. I'm also an acquaintance of Sean O'Hair.

The one player who, to this day, didn't leave me with a good impression was Justin Leonard. I was working inside the ropes at the driving range and gave my son my 1999 Ryder Cup cap (was given to me by a member at Brookline many years ago) and told my son (then 9) to wait patiently until after Justin was done hitting balls and making his way back to the locker room, and ask him to sign the cap. He waited, and as he was walking by my son (and there was virtually no one else around) he would not even turn his head or answer. Walked by him like he was a statue. Even Justin's caddie cringed. Life lesson there for my son, if nothing else!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by robopz Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:06 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:PGA Tour pension plan very very rich. Especially for the very, very rich. Including Finchem, not surprising he fancied another term as commish..

No doubt they have a great plan... Finchem too... but I doubt "it's all about the money" for Finchem. My impression is that his continuing with the PGAT is more him being fully immersed in and enjoying his job. I'm not saying his income isn't incredible... it most certainly is. But relative to what he makes, nothing I've seen in his home, dress, cars or other things about his persona suggest he's the least bit extravagant. My guess is this guy's got enough money squirreled away to live a "first class" lifestyle for a 100 years... and that's regardless if he worked another day in his life or not.

But I would add the PGAT pension plan is very very rich... even for the journeyman player as well. From all accounts I've seen, the PGAT plan is by far the best of any professional sport anywhere for the "regular" guys.

Last edited by robopz on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

robopz

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:13 pm

Shotrock wrote:Listen, with all the Irish descent in the US, can we have Paddy if you guys don't want him?

Am I right in thinking you already have his distant cousin - a quarterback for one of the NFL teams IIRC?
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

Bob - Joey Harrington, distant cousin (or not so distant I don't know). Also, I think Padraig was more impressed with this US relative of his: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Harrington

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:25 pm

Yeah I knew about Dan, but poker is not a sport.. although some claim neither is golf... Smile
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

Another country heard from . . . . Sweden! Ten under par from their three non-Ryder Cuppers out on the course so far, with Jonas Blixt still waiting his turn.

Best shift of the day so far being put in by the ubiquitous Henrik Stenson, -4 after ten holes.
There, that'll put the mockers on him, but hopefully it'll continue as he needs about a 30th place finish to pursue his quest for FedEx fortune.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:12 pm

A pair of Harrington bogeys is not the way to resolve this debate.

Congratulations to everyone who had Bob Robopro Estes in their yahoo team.

While, in Knoxville, Mathias Gronberg shares the early second round lead. Russell Knox had a squeaky clean 68 and will make the cut, but Lingmerth will not. David Skinns yet to tee off while Briscoe's miserable summer continues with a weekend off.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

C'mooon Padraig!!!?
picard picard picard

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:51 pm

Stenson in with the round of the morning: 65.

Woods trying to follow Harrington's lead. Just picard picard so far.

Simpson, Furyk, Mahan all get an early start on their trip to Boston. DLIII scratching his head; and he's also on the sidelines, for the entire FedEx fun along with Andres Romero and Boo Weekley among others.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:42 pm

Did Westwood just three putt from inside 7ft?

"'Ere, Tone, I need you. Now!"

Don't know what to make of the afternoon scores, all over the place so far.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:43 pm

Kwin - Don't you mean Lukey trying to follow Harrington?

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:52 pm

kwini, remember when we were wondering a while ago how long will Tiger's body last with this 'painful' looking swing...? I wonder if we're seeing the first cracks appearing already...

SR, as I said earlier, you can have Harrington...

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

Luke didn't bogey his first two - almost though!

Stricker going nicely - it's his time of year.

pd,
Never understand why Tiger wants to hit the cover off every ball - seems to do that way more now than he used to, perhaps because he's still not 100% on that swing he's been working on for two years. Lovely shot in to the par-5 however.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:14 pm

Really disappointing, 19 putts for 10 holes, simply not good enough.

Ollie and Garcia can lose the Ryder Cup for all I care.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:24 pm

Kwin - It's not about getting the bogeys, it's about getting them back, which Tiger doing at the moment.

Luke's MO of late though is to make the cut, and then throw in low numbers.

I'll take Harrington!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:26 pm

sirbenson wrote:Really disappointing, 19 putts for 10 holes, simply not good enough.

Ollie and Garcia can lose the Ryder Cup for all I care.

Wow at that reaction..... Rolling Eyes Actually laughing at you posting that.

Yeah of course its their fault Harrington is playing pat cash again like he mainly has since he won his majors...

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by princedracula Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:46 pm

And Sergio is on top again, as McIlroy could be on his way out if he's not careful...

Last edited by princedracula on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:46 pm

It was a separate point, I don't care if Harrington fails to make the team tbh, I just think Ollie and Garcia have been a disgrace throughout this.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:52 pm

Thats nonsence.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowride Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:52 pm

more toys out of the pram from the tattie munchers

why cant you just get used to the idea he's not goin to make it?

Id rather have ollie step down as captain and play himself than have harrington drag the team down

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:02 pm

Tattie munchers, wow how respectful (sarcasm) lol!

Anyway he just missed a 2"10 inch putt for Birdie lol!

Last edited by sirbenson on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

Agree with SirB on the behaviour of JMO & Garcia............both really come accross as very bitter men. Garcia, IMO brings nothing to the game of golf except childish tantrums when he is not playing well and sickening arrogance on the few occasions he does play well.........................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:14 pm

John Cregan wrote:Agree with SirB on the behaviour of JMO & Garcia............both really come accross as very bitter men. Garcia, IMO brings nothing to the game of golf except childish tantrums when he is not playing well and sickening arrogance on the few occasions he does play well.........................

You 2? What exactly have both done then? By saying that your beloved Harrington aint sure of a pick when hes miles down the points race? What exactly is wrong with that. He has done NOTHING since his majors and is not worth a pick.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Slowride Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:15 pm

two irishmen agreeing with each other - theres a surprise and they accuse ollie of bitterness?

at least we know sirb is joking though thanks to the gratuitous usage of lol in his posts

lol

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:24 pm

Padraig's "strokes gained putting":
Thursday: +4.152
Friday: -4.303 (thru 15 holes)

The course giveth, and it taketh away.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:30 pm

Another birdie for Sergio! Go on son...

All this nonsence about Harrington, hes showing today how poor or inconsistent hes been this year.

If he was that determinded to get a pick, why didnt he play last week like Sergio, who managed to play his way in?

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:34 pm

Slow/Sand,

Ive never once said Harrington should be picked, what i have said is that he of deserving of serious consideration...............that's all.

For Olazabal & Garcia to be so obviously hostile toward him says a lot about their characters.......................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:39 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:No stepladders? Shame!

Brilliant!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:45 pm

Must admit I just laughed pretty hard at Tiger stumbling in the bunker Doh

John, I understand and accept your opinion, my opinion is just that hes like 17th in the race to qualify, what has he done so far this year to justify JMO ignoring 11 - 16 to pick Harrington as hes won 3 majors years ago? He has experience of the ryder cup but as others have stated he doesnt have a good record.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

I can hear harringtons bottle crashing from here.

Sirbenson really is being pathetic. There really is no reason why harrington ought to be picked over a raft of more deserving players.

Stop being peevish and grow up.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm

And if Harrington thinks his putting today has been bad, Westwood's has been atrocious - 34 putts, arithmetically he must have at least three 3-putts, and is -4.890 in "strokes gained putting".

In the last half dozen for the week in two of the three main putting stat's. Tied for first in greens hit, of course.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm

I actually would go for Colsaerts over Harrington doesn't mean I don't think Garcia and Ollie were correct in there behaviour, anyway I have my opinion and others have theres.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:12 pm

Don't think there was anything wrong with their behaviour. Honest answers to simple questions. Thank goodness there are people who don't just palm questions off like Most other sportsmen do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:13 pm

And if Harrington thinks his putting today has been bad, Westwood's has been atrocious - 34 putts, arithmetically he must have at least three 3-putts, and is -4.890 in "strokes gained putting".

In the last half dozen for the week in two of the three main putting stat's. Tied for first in greens hit, of course.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:34 pm

Westwood probably feeling like putting at Medinah id going to be his worst nightmare....................whatever chance he would have on slower British Greens, unless something clicks, he is going to be a seriously weak link for Europe.....................or will he do a Monty and putt differently at the RC than in a regular event??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:41 pm

Fat lot of good home course advantage did for Keegan Bradley.

Off to Woodstock, Keegs.

Defending Champion Haas going home also.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:03 pm

tuned in late guys, what happened to Tiger?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:07 pm

Bogeyed his first two holes, hurt his back and went four under the rest of the way. Simple.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:24 pm

Looked at Shot tracker for Westy's round.....three three putts......from 51 feet,26 and 6 feet..........Wow. If he could find a putter he would win a couple of majors no doubt.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:25 pm

Even if Harrington were to win this week, I'd still rather have colsaerts in the team

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:33 pm

If Colsaerts makes the team automatically, assuming most people are against going for Harrington, who would your second pick be?

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Fri 24 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm

Martin Laird

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next