The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him)

+3
rainbow-warrior
gowales
Portnoy
7 posters

Go down

Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him) Empty Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him)

Post by Portnoy Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 am

Good luck everyone!

Personally I'd be selecting a non-current B&I coach - just to avoid the inevitable bickering down the track.

http://www.espnscrum.com/lions-tour-2013/rugby/story/168806.html

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him) Empty Re: Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him)

Post by Portnoy Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 am

If they'd waited a month, they'd probably have found that Robbie Deans was available.

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Robbie-Deans-dilemma-courage-Matt-Hampson/story-16746629-detail/story.html
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him) Empty Re: Lions : Gatland's yer man! (most likely, according to him)

Post by gowales Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:50 pm

That's unfortunate

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:26 pm

It will be better than 2005 and that joker in command, I will bet my house on that.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:50 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:It will be better than 2005 and that joker in command, I will bet my house on that.
SCW a joker ? Get outta here. Ok it was a crap tour against the ABs but you can't write him off like that. Even Sir Ted slipped up with Wales, so RW try a little balance before you go bad mouthing a sporting great

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by dallym Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:08 pm

anyone who can get the Poms to be the best side in the world is not a joker. And of course it will be better. It's a lot easier to beat the convicts than it is to beat the All Blacks

dallym

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Dontheman wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:It will be better than 2005 and that joker in command, I will bet my house on that.
SCW a joker ? Get outta here. Ok it was a crap tour against the ABs but you can't write him off like that. Even Sir Ted slipped up with Wales, so RW try a little balance before you go bad mouthing a sporting great

A sporting great? Possibly a person who created a world cup winning side in 2003 all on a drop goal. 2005 was a circus where he held onto the ancient and burnt out dross from the 2003 english side. Little more than a small flash in the pan anywhere but england to be honest.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm

Rainbow-Warrior you are talking rubbish. Sir Clive molded together the best NH team there has EVER been. Between 1999-2003 England won 14 CONSECUTIVE games against NZ, SA and Oz. Just to clarify England went 4 years unbeaten home and away against the 3 best teams in the world. As coach he won evey international honour there is won a world cup, grandslam and got England to the number 1 team in the world rankings.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:54 pm

I agree with WRFC-the best NH team ever. Sure it came down to a drop but the Poms handled the pressure and kudos to them for doing so.

Woodward disappeared up his own rectal cavity after that though. He should have quit while he was ahead like Johnson. He was as guilty as anyone for the lack of innovation in the immediate post-03 aftermath and getting his backside handed to him in NZ with the Poms getting a hiding and the Lions getting even worse took a lot away from his legacy IMO. Add that to the petulance of not admitting NZ were the better side in 05 and still chipping them about the WC (we haven't heard him talk about 11 yet) and you have a great coach who outstayed his welcome.

Gatland is the obvious choice. I think it'll be devastating to the Lions if they don't win next year though.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down