The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun? Golf?

4 posters

Go down

Fun? Golf?  Empty Fun? Golf?

Post by thedamned3putt Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:52 pm

Golf Digest's view of the Top 20 fun golf courses in the UK&I - http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2012-09/most-fun-courses-great-britain-ireland

I have to say, I'm very glad they've got Cullen in there as it's got some brilliantly quirky holes.

Any you think are missing and what are your views of those included? I hope there's a place in golf for fun in the 21st century as it's not all about hellish rough, monster carries and lightening fast greens.

thedamned3putt

Back to top Go down

Fun? Golf?  Empty Re: Fun? Golf?

Post by lorus59 Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:23 pm

I think a lot of the "good" players here would consider "fun" golf for the hackers like myself, and not for those noble warriors of the fairways.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

I've played quite a lot of those courses. I'm not sure that you could say Lahinch or St Andrews were fun if you played them in a strong wind, but the list is a good one.

North Berwick West Links is my favourite course in all the world, and Cullen is great too.

I played Bamburgh Castle a few weeks ago in a northerly gale, and it was a real challenge. Might only be 5500 yards, but I couldn't reach the par 3 2nd with a driver, and the par 5 3rd was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of reach in three (well hit) shots. Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, and full 8 iron!

Glad the Himalayas is mentioned - I remember the first time I encountered that putting course - thought I was a good putter up until then.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 6:31 pm

Just had a wee look at the cullen website. They appear to have a reduced membership rate for golfer not competing in club comps and without a handicaps - don't think I've come across that before!!

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down