The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby

+10
nganboy
maestegmafia
gowales
LordDowlais
profitius
Knowsit17
yappysnap
drsambo1928
TJ1
wales606
14 posters

Go down

Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby

Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap18%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 25 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap3%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap2%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap2%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap8%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 11 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap23%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 32 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap16%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 22 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap3%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap9%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 13 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap0%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap12%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 16 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap0%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_lcap4%Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 139

Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Empty Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby

Post by wales606 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm

Pick 3...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Empty Re: Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby

Post by TJ1 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 5:34 pm

Where are the Scots contenders :-( Oh thats right - sent off or not playing 'cos its Sunday

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby Empty Re: Top 3 Tight Head Props in world rugby

Post by drsambo1928 Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:35 pm

I went for Franks, Jones and Du Plessis. I don't really know who is the best out of them, I guess Franks solid as a rock and contributes greatly in the loose, although ive seen the cross fit thing on youtube and I think he seems a bit smug, or maybe hes not and im just jealous of his beard.

Jones, solid, even more so then franks, very reliable, i'm sure Gatty checks any chance to see if he is able to play and can then select the 14 other players.

Du Plessis, like the other 2 solid and what he lacks in contributing around the field he makes up for in the scrum.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:39 pm

How is anyone picking players based on them being reliable and solid but not going for Cole and Franks?

These two are the most reliable props out there and Cole especially has been for about three seasons now!

Defies belief.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 12:40 pm

I picked Jones, Cole and Franks

Those 3 are the most reliable, although i'd say Franks and Jones are slightly more reliable.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:43 pm

How people can mention Cole and not Jones in terms of being solid and reliable has been baffling me ever since the 6N. Cole has been getting regular int'l gametime for what, just over a year now? And even over that period of time he hasn't been bossing his opposite man in the scrum at the rate that Jones frequently does. I don't recall the last time I saw Jones bested at scrumtime, I do however recall many front rows since 2005 getting pulverised by Jones' scrummaging. 3 Slams to his name too, what more proof do you need of his class?

I went with Mas and Castro as the other two.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:45 pm

Franks, Jones and Cole are my picks. Franks would be my number 1 because of his mobility.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:52 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:How people can mention Cole and not Jones in terms of being solid and reliable has been baffling me ever since the 6N. Cole has been getting regular int'l gametime for what, just over a year now? And even over that period of time he hasn't been bossing his opposite man in the scrum at the rate that Jones frequently does. I don't recall the last time I saw Jones bested at scrumtime, I do however recall many front rows since 2005 getting pulverised by Jones' scrummaging. 3 Slams to his name too, what more proof do you need of his class?

I went with Mas and Castro as the other two.

I got pilloried on another thread for saying virtually the same thing, but I was not as abrupt as you. So if was you I would duck and look for cover. Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

I saw a sort of documentary on the Franks brothers and it's incredible how athletically gifted they are, especially Owen.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 2:57 pm

Watching g young Sampson Lee it might not be too long before Adam has a bit of competition.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:03 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Watching g young Sampson Lee it might not be too long before Adam has a bit of competition.

Thank £àç! too, as has long been discussed tighthead is where the quality takes a steep drop immediately after Jones. Hopefully after the next RWC Lee will have developed sufficiently to contest the role and if Jones himself is to be believed Mitchell will be there or there abouts.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:06 pm

Not all dour mate.

Adam said recently how he rates Joe Rees at the ospreys too. I hope that Lee and Rees will be great competition. Hopefully in contention by the 2015 RWC

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:07 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Watching g young Sampson Lee it might not be too long before Adam has a bit of competition.

Thank £àç! too, as has long been discussed tighthead is where the quality takes a steep drop immediately after Jones. Hopefully after the next RWC Lee will have developed sufficiently to contest the role and if Jones himself is to be believed Mitchell will be there or there abouts.

In this position, a tighthead, it is not until your late twenties early thirties until you come of age, I remember Adam Jones in his younger days and he could not last a full eighty minutes, and that is the trouble for us in Wales all our replacement tight heads are all in there young to mid twenties thus it will be a long time before they are at a level of a prop in their thirties.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:12 pm

We have Mitchell who is well on his way to being an excellent THP (hopefully he won't be injured this year and we will see him more on the international stage)

And pretty soon we will have Rhodri Jones, Samson Lee, Aaron Jarvis, Joe Rees, Scott Andrews and Will Griff John propping down at THP for the regions.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

Nathan Buck as well

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

May see led mature fast if we are lucky. He is a hell of a Lump and very strong.

England's Dan cole is very you g for a top TH.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

It probably helped that Cole came through the ranks at a club like Leicester though!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 3:27 pm

With Castro ahead of him.

Good job ospreys have Adam ahead of Rees and Scarlets have their new SA prop as a mentor for Lee.

Great news for Wales future scrum options.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 29 Aug 2012, 2:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:

In this position, a tighthead, it is not until your late twenties early thirties until you come of age, I remember Adam Jones in his younger days and he could not last a full eighty minutes, and that is the trouble for us in Wales all our replacement tight heads are all in there young to mid twenties thus it will be a long time before they are at a level of a prop in their thirties.

Actually I don't think that's the case anymore. I think it is more about experience. Now with so many games props can be a lot more experienced at a younger age. Also with professional conditioning etc props can be good earlier. Owen Franks is almost 25 but has 36 tests under his belt and I think he is ready to come of age now
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 11:46 am

I think Franks and Cole are exceptions to the rule, can you think of another TH prop who is young enough and doing well internationally?

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:22 pm

Franks, Cole, Castro.

I'd have Jones & Mas behind these 3 after stuttering seasons. Seeing Adam Jones struggle against Robinson and see Franks dominate him over 2 games puts things into perspective.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by bazalicous Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:33 pm

Uh where the hell is a certain Carl Hayman????

He's defo in my top 3.....

bazalicous

Back to top Go down

Post by bazalicous Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:37 pm

1.Adam Jones
2.Carl Hayman
3.Jannie Du Plessis

Last edited by bazalicous on Fri 05 Apr 2013, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

bazalicous

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:55 pm

1. Mas
2. Adam Jones
3. Jannie
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 05 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

wales606 wrote:I picked Jones, Cole and Franks

Those 3 are the most reliable, although i'd say Franks and Jones are slightly more reliable.

Same here. I did pick the same three.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down