The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ECB announcement due today

+28
msp83
ShankyCricket
twoeightnine
seanmichaels
GSC
88Chris05
JDizzle
Pal Joey
alfie
skyeman
Mad for Chelsea
trebellbobaggins
chrisss
KP_fan
LondonTiger
LivinginItaly
Duty281
hampo17
Stella
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
guildfordbat
Shelsey93
FerN
sirfredperry
VTR
Biltong
eirebilly
Fists of Fury
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty ECB announcement due today

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:51 am

First topic message reminder :

The ECB last night called a press conference for midday today, leading to wild speculation as to whether it was KP, Strauss or just another boring sponsorship deal.

However, given that the press release was issued at 22:10pm last night, you can be sure that it is going to be a pretty big announcement. Many seem to think that Strauss is about to step down.

So, what are your thoughts? If, as expected, Strauss does step down, would you keep him in the team as an opener? Or, would you blood a new opener? This could go one of two ways - either invest in the likes of Joe Root early, and accept that there will be failures, or go for the likes of Compton or Carberry who are far more experienced but more short term options.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 37
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down


ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:15 pm

KP_fan wrote:and I hate to say...."I told ya"...at the end of T3...10 days back....that Strauss's career is over.

here
https://www.606v2.com/t33877-england-loses-no1inspite-of-a-happy-dressing-room

I'm fairly sure you weren't the only one thinking that.

Duty281

Posts : 33609
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by trebellbobaggins Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

he's been great but i think the time was right for him.



England have some tough rebuilding years ahead.

trebellbobaggins

Posts : 4943
Join date : 2011-06-03

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by LondonTiger Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

chrisss wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:
LivinginItaly wrote:Seems strange though that Strauss won't be present to announce in person that he is stepping down. I suspect that there is a bit more to this than simply a resignation.


straussy is sat at the conference. He has been a good captain. Sad to see him go like this. Only increases my dislike of the egotist that is Kevin Pietersen

So Pietersen is the reason he's only averaged 31 in the last 2 years? He's been a great captain ans a good player, but he's no longer good enough to retain his place in the side.

He has gone because he is a decent bloke who knows it is time to go. There has been no-one in English cricket playing well enough to have ousted him as an opener - a sad indictment of batting in England.

Pietersen is the reason that Strauss leaves under a cloud rather than remembered as a man who led england to their best ever run in test cricket. Strauss deserves a lot of praise - instead some fools decide to though bricks.

LondonTiger
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 23485
Join date : 2011-02-10

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:17 pm

Strauss should be congratulated on a very fine career, and as the man who took over when England were down in the doldrums and built them into the best team in the world clap

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12103
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

Now a new era for English Test Cricket, we'll be back to No.1 in 18 months I reckon.

Duty281

Posts : 33609
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Duty281 wrote:Now a new era for English Test Cricket, we'll be back to No.1 in 18 months I reckon.
I agree to that part...if they select the teams on merit they can be at the top or very near the top
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Any blame placed on Pietersen is utter tripe, and just another reason for those that dislike him to stick the boot in.

The reason for this retirement is clearly due to his own inability to perform to his previous standards.

Nevertheless, what a fantastic batsman and captain Andrew Strauss has been for this country. He has a record the envy of all England captains, and if Cook can replicate half of that then he will have been a success. Thanks for the memories, Andrew, you're an English great.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 37
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by eirebilly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

I can see where this thread will head now.

Just wanted to say that Strauss has been a great captain and will always be held in high asteem for what he has achieved in the game both as a batsman and as England captain.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24807
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 53
Location : Milan

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:23 pm

Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Well he's already been announced as Captain.

Duty281

Posts : 33609
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by chrisss Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:29 pm

KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

chrisss

Posts : 137
Join date : 2012-06-30
Location : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:31 pm

KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12103
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

Strauss retired of his own accord, it was nothing to do with KP.

Duty281

Posts : 33609
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by skyeman Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm

by Fists of Fury on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 pm
KP Fan, on the contrary, I'd suggest that without rain England would likely have won the 2nd Test.

Now pack it in with the childish nonsense, because don't think I'm not aware of who you are - you've been given a second chance, I suggest you think about that.

skyeman

Posts : 4693
Join date : 2011-09-18
Location : Isle Of Skye

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:35 pm

KP fan, you are talking utter tripe.

Let's keep it on topic - and that is celebrating what has been a fantastic career for an excellent batsman, shrewd leader, and dignified and classy man.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 37
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

skyeman wrote: by Fists of Fury on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 pm
KP Fan, on the contrary, I'd suggest that without rain England would likely have won the 2nd Test.

Now pack it in with the childish nonsense, because don't think I'm not aware of who you are - you've been given a second chance, I suggest you think about that.

Thanks for the reminder, Skye.

KP fan - read that again, please.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 37
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

A very dignified and well managed announcement. Big thumbsup to Strauss on a fine career. He's been my favourite cricketer and a fantastic batsman and leader for English cricket. I'll write a full tribute article later.

As I said earlier if he feels that he can't re-motivate himself (as he said in the presser) then this is completely the right decision for him to make.

A shame that he has left the game at 35 - considerably younger than many retire these days. But I guess the intensity of the job has taken its toll on him.

I expect him to spend time with his family this winter, before perhaps moving into the media in the next couple of years. He could also make a good coach, but I do wonder whether he'd really want to jump back into the fire.

Shelsey93

Posts : 3134
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by VTR Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

Shame this thread has been hijacked by the biggest numpty on here. This is about the Strauss/Cook announcements, not KP!

I would say start a separate thread on but its been done to death and I don't want to read any more illiterate ramblings!

VTR

Posts : 4943
Join date : 2012-03-23
Location : Fine Leg

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:

Let's keep it on topic - and that is celebrating what has been a fantastic career for an excellent batsman, shrewd leader, and dignified and classy man.

Dear Moderator.....I did not know that we are at the end of a career not allowed to analyse the shortcomings / follies of the person retiring on the forum.

If you confirm that is the case.....then I will comply with such rules of the forum.
thx
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by eirebilly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:A very dignified and well managed announcement. Big thumbsup to Strauss on a fine career. He's been my favourite cricketer and a fantastic batsman and leader for English cricket. I'll write a full tribute article later.

As I said earlier if he feels that he can't re-motivate himself (as he said in the presser) then this is completely the right decision for him to make.

A shame that he has left the game at 35 - considerably younger than many retire these days. But I guess the intensity of the job has taken its toll on him.

I expect him to spend time with his family this winter, before perhaps moving into the media in the next couple of years. He could also make a good coach, but I do wonder whether he'd really want to jump back into the fire.

Very well put clap

eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24807
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 53
Location : Milan

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by alfie Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

Must admit I'm surprised . Thought he might have had enough of the captaincy but had expected him to continue playing ...but obviously he has decided he'd sooner a complete break form the game . Fair enough - he had a right to quit on his own terms and I wish him well . He has been a fine servant to English cricket and I think we fans owe him some.

In a way I'd have preferred to see Cook take over in an easier situation than a tour of India , but hey , he has to start somewhere and at least he'll be given a bit of slack in the light of this difficult first task ...if he can get a result all the more credit and he won't be damned for falling short should they lose.

I was going to say I hoped the more virulent KP fanatics would refrain from crowing "vindication !" but I see I am already too late Smile


alfie

Posts : 21196
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Pal Joey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

Just heard the news via Billy. Sad news. He deserves all the accolades for leading England to the fore of Test cricket and doing it with dignity and humility. A really nice bloke.

Even as an Aussie, I hope this is not the start of some sort of exodus (starting with he who cannot be named). That would be a pity. I sensed morale was pretty low during yesterday's match. Just hope the successor (Cook?) can keep the team unity and an able replacement gets a good run.

All good things take time and a little patience is now required to stabilise the team so they can perform as best as possible in India (after these ODIs).

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 53404
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Ku-ring-gai

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by JDizzle Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:43 pm

He's a top bloke is Straussy. His press conference summed him up as a person and a player. None of the tears that accompanied Vaughan's departure and none of the emotion either and that sort of summed up Strauss as a guy. Very English, stiff upper lip and an all round great guy. He will go down as a great England captain, no doubt.

JDizzle

Posts : 6888
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:45 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.

oh right, so if I claim something (as outlandish as I wish) to be true, and you can't prove me wrong, then that means it's true? I mean, this is how the conversation goes, right?

person 1: *outlandish claim*
person 2: "how do you know this is true?"
person 1: "how do you know it's not true?"

seems about right, you'll convince lots of people with such admirable rhetoric.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12103
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by eirebilly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:46 pm

I honestly thought that he would follow the Ponting way and just stand down but keep playing on. I hoped it as well.

Three ashes series wins as captain including one in Australia says enough to me.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24807
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 53
Location : Milan

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:48 pm

Little that I can add which hasn't been already said, really. It's a shame to see such a fine servant of English cricket go out with so many clouds of uncertainty and controversy hanging over his head - as well as the disappointing run of results that England has had to endure so far in 2012 - but Strauss can still leave with his head held high.

I think similarities can be drawn between Strauss and another steadfast, left-handed opener and captain who I likewise admire greatly: Mark Taylor. As purely players, neither were quite of the elite class (although their records are still exemplary in the five-day format of the game), but their skills in leadership, man management and clever captaincy were so great that it was akin to adding an extra fifteen or so runs on to their existing forty-plus averages.

The bubble around England's test side has burst in recent months, but it shouldn't be forgotten where the team found themselves when Strauss was thrust in to the captaincy role; the glorious summer of 2005 had been followed by almost four years of consistent regression.

Fine player, fantastic catain and a gentleman to boot. Certainly the best skipper I've seen lead England so far in my time following the sport. Congratulations on an outstanding career, Strauss. A place on the Sky punditry team awaits, I think.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9659
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 36
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by guildfordbat Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:57 pm

A very fine career. Strauss will be sorely missed.

In addition, certain posters here could learn much from his dignity.

guildfordbat

Posts : 16761
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Pal Joey Wed 29 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm

Remember that Ashes tipping comp on the old 606, Chris? That was good fun.

Very happy days for you; but for me, even as losers - I felt it was achieved with great style and was very entertaining stuff and compelling viewing. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 53404
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Ku-ring-gai

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Shelsey93 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:00 pm

alfie wrote:
In a way I'd have preferred to see Cook take over in an easier situation than a tour of India , but hey , he has to start somewhere and at least he'll be given a bit of slack in the light of this difficult first task ...if he can get a result all the more credit and he won't be damned for falling short should they lose.

I think that Cook has been well groomed and that it won't be a huge step up for him. Whilst I would have supported Strauss remaining as captain if that's what he wanted to do, it is very possible that a new skipper will bring a new energy to the dressing room, which might help.


Shelsey93

Posts : 3134
Join date : 2011-12-14
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:01 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.

oh right, so if I claim something (as outlandish as I wish) to be true, and you can't prove me wrong, then that means it's true? I mean, this is how the conversation goes, right?

person 1: *outlandish claim*
person 2: "how do you know this is true?"
person 1: "how do you know it's not true?"

seems about right, you'll convince lots of people with such admirable rhetoric.

what you don't like to hear..i.e KP cold be in a stronger positions in negotiation...declare as *outlandish claim*

your argument relies on you declaring what you don't like....as outlandish

my argument relies on analyzing situation from all angles ( including the ones that I do not like)...and predciting the outcome 10 days in advance
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:03 pm

KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.

oh right, so if I claim something (as outlandish as I wish) to be true, and you can't prove me wrong, then that means it's true? I mean, this is how the conversation goes, right?

person 1: *outlandish claim*
person 2: "how do you know this is true?"
person 1: "how do you know it's not true?"

seems about right, you'll convince lots of people with such admirable rhetoric.

what you don't like to hear..i.e KP cold be in a stronger positions in negotiation...declare as *outlandish claim*

your argument relies on you declaring what you don't like....as outlandish

my argument relies on analyzing situation from all angles ( including the ones that I do not like)...and predciting the outcome 10 days in advance

KP doesn't have a leg to stand on, he's in no position to make demands.

Duty281

Posts : 33609
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28
Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:06 pm

OK, remove "outlandish" if you wish, the fact remains that claiming something to be true but when asked "how do you know?" responding with "how do you know it isn't?" is hardly convincing rhetoric.

Mad for Chelsea

Posts : 12103
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:07 pm

Cut the crap about KP for 5 minutes.

Strauss took over the team, along with Flower, when England were nowhere, under his leadership England grew to the best test team in cricket. Personally, hes always been a class act, and a great servant for England. Deservedly one of England's better captains
GSC
GSC

Posts : 43166
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 32
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Biltong Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:08 pm

Duty281 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.

oh right, so if I claim something (as outlandish as I wish) to be true, and you can't prove me wrong, then that means it's true? I mean, this is how the conversation goes, right?

person 1: *outlandish claim*
person 2: "how do you know this is true?"
person 1: "how do you know it's not true?"

seems about right, you'll convince lots of people with such admirable rhetoric.

what you don't like to hear..i.e KP cold be in a stronger positions in negotiation...declare as *outlandish claim*

your argument relies on you declaring what you don't like....as outlandish

my argument relies on analyzing situation from all angles ( including the ones that I do not like)...and predciting the outcome 10 days in advance

KP doesn't have a leg to stand on, he's in no position to make demands.

KP fan, you are making assumtions. You have no evidence to assist your conclusions. It's called hypothesis which is merely a preliminary or tentative explanation or postulate by you of what you consider the reason for Strauss' resignation is.


Last edited by Biltong on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:08 pm

If he had a sense of humour he wouldve texted his resignations to Graeme Smith.
Strauss has done a lot for England and taken some unfair flack, but one thing I wont miss is his dullness.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Posts : 10344
Join date : 2011-06-02
Location : Englandshire

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by seanmichaels Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:10 pm

Have it on decent authority that KP will never play for England again.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13369
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:12 pm

I mean seriously, I saw Strauss retiring and knew you'd be on here making some vague references and inferring something ludicrous.

Mods, its clearly a WUM, and not even a good one at that.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 43166
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 32
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:12 pm

Duty281 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.

oh right, so if I claim something (as outlandish as I wish) to be true, and you can't prove me wrong, then that means it's true? I mean, this is how the conversation goes, right?

person 1: *outlandish claim*
person 2: "how do you know this is true?"
person 1: "how do you know it's not true?"

seems about right, you'll convince lots of people with such admirable rhetoric.

what you don't like to hear..i.e KP cold be in a stronger positions in negotiation...declare as *outlandish claim*

your argument relies on you declaring what you don't like....as outlandish

my argument relies on analyzing situation from all angles ( including the ones that I do not like)...and predciting the outcome 10 days in advance

KP doesn't have a leg to stand on, he's in no position to make demands.

you are not siding with him...so that's what you'd like to believe.

It is hard for people to believe that KP might actually be wiining this battle
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by eirebilly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:13 pm

Such a real shame that we cannot discuss the retirement of one of Englands greatest and most sucessfull captains of all time.

I liked him and thought that he was a great character, he became captain in an extremely turbulant time and stood up to take the lead and give England direction.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24807
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 53
Location : Milan

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by KP_fan Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:14 pm

Biltong wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
Mad for Chelsea wrote:
KP_fan wrote:
chrisss wrote:
KP_fan wrote:Now KP will agree to come back.....

I believe he may have put a conditions that he will not come in the same dressing room as Strauss...and ground has been cleraed for him to agree to make a return.

Also I am not sure if it is agiven that Cook will be the captain

Yeah, KP's totally in a position to make demands to the ECB....

He made a demand.....he doesn't want to be in the same dressing room as AS...and he got it.

Let's see what more is conceded to him when he accepts the contract

how do you know this?

How do you know it is not this ?
How does anyone know that KP or his negotiators had not put any demands in front of ECB.......for accpeting the central contrcat?

In the absence of known facts...we analayse and put scenarios.....

I had based on that analysis put my scenario 10 days back.......that Strauss will go...and he is gone.

oh right, so if I claim something (as outlandish as I wish) to be true, and you can't prove me wrong, then that means it's true? I mean, this is how the conversation goes, right?

person 1: *outlandish claim*
person 2: "how do you know this is true?"
person 1: "how do you know it's not true?"

seems about right, you'll convince lots of people with such admirable rhetoric.

what you don't like to hear..i.e KP cold be in a stronger positions in negotiation...declare as *outlandish claim*

your argument relies on you declaring what you don't like....as outlandish

my argument relies on analyzing situation from all angles ( including the ones that I do not like)...and predciting the outcome 10 days in advance

KP doesn't have a leg to stand on, he's in no position to make demands.

KP fan, you are making assumtions. You have no evidence to assist your conclusions. It's called hypothesis which is merely a preliminary or tentative explanation or postulate by you of what you consider the reason for Strauss' resignation is.

correct....it is a scenario based on visible facts and analysis / extrapolation of what might be happening behind the scenes.
and am I really the only one doing that....?

or am I the only one presenting a possible scenario that most do not like to hear ?


Last edited by KP_fan on Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 10250
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Biltong Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

KP fan, if you want your assumption to be center stage to a thread, open one, this is not about KP, it is about Strauss.
Biltong
Biltong
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 26945
Join date : 2011-04-27
Location : Twilight zone

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by twoeightnine Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:17 pm

Sad to see him go but it was probably going to happen regardless of the KP mess. Such a shame that the KP mess was at the same time as while this would have had an impact on him I feel that he would have probably left anyway. 100 tests, 50 as captain is a good time to stop. 22 centuries would have been nicer.

He's been a great captain and really made us proud of English cricket. The biggest mistake that the ECB made was not keeping him as captain after he stood in for Vaughan in 2006 then they gave it back to Freddie.

Great innings.

twoeightnine

Posts : 406
Join date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

Biltong wrote:KP fan, if you want your assumption to be center stage to a thread, open one, this is not about KP, it is about Strauss.

He already has 5 where he repeats the same garbage over and over
GSC
GSC

Posts : 43166
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 32
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Stella Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

Good bat, good captain and good man.

Was the time right? I don't believe it was but thanks anyway, Andrew!
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by GSC Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

50 tests, 25 wins, 2 Ashes wins as captain with 1 more as player, top of the test ranking.

Can't say fairer than that.
GSC
GSC

Posts : 43166
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 32
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

You are the only one talking utter rubbish that nobody wants to hear. Now quit it or you're gone for the day.

By all means discuss Strauss' own problems with the bat etc, but this thread is not about the KP issue.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Posts : 11721
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 37
Location : Birmingham, England

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

Maybe it is better if a certain individual and their comments are just ignored......hopefully then they will get bored and just go away......this board is a very good and interesting place to gather information and insight......but unfortunately it is being ruined somewhat by a certain poster.

LivinginItaly

Posts : 953
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 43
Location : Bologna, Italy

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by eirebilly Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:22 pm

Stella wrote:Good bat, good captain and good man.

Was the time right? I don't believe it was but thanks anyway, Andrew!

I believe that the time was right to step down as captain but not as an opening batsman. I was hoping that without the pressure of captaining the team that his form returned.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Posts : 24807
Join date : 2011-02-09
Age : 53
Location : Milan

Back to top Go down

ECB announcement due today - Page 2 Empty Re: ECB announcement due today

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum