The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Win The AFC West?

+6
crazy_dave23
sodhat
TM Moot
Forward Pass
BamBam
Derbyblue
10 posters

Go down

Who Will Win The AFC West?

Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_lcap37%Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_lcap37%Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_lcap5%Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_lcap21%Who Will Win The AFC West? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

Who Will Win The AFC West? Empty Who Will Win The AFC West?

Post by Derbyblue Wed 29 Aug 2012, 1:46 pm

Same as usual, vote for your winner of the AFC West.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Who Will Win The AFC West? Empty Re: Who Will Win The AFC West?

Post by BamBam Wed 29 Aug 2012, 2:13 pm

I have a feeling this will be one of the closer polls, there doesn't seem to be a standout team.

I have gone for the Chiefs, I think their defence will improve with Eric Berry back, Jamaal Charles and the tight end are back to support the offence and there are also a couple of decent receivers.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:17 pm

Gone Chiefs
Pretty much what bambam said
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:18 pm

Really had to think about this one, I think you could make a case for all 4 teams.

Went Chiefs, anyone who denies the Pack a 16-0 reg season must be pretty good.

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:22 pm

I'd love to say the Raiders but I don't think it's highly likely, unless Palmer clicks into something resembling a high gear.

Peyton has looked good for the Broncos and their defence has proven sound, so it's between them and the Chiefs. Talent-wise I'd probably say Chiefs edge it, but I think it will be the Broncos by the thinnest of margins.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Wed 29 Aug 2012, 3:28 pm

Chiefs - they are a deceptively talented team in an awful lot of areas.

Cassel is the weak link really, but if he simply "does a job", i.e. doesn't do things that are either amazing or stupid then they should be able to rack up a fair few wins.

Charles is a great back, admittedly coming off major surgery, but he is way ahead of AP on the recovery track simply because it happened sooner and Peyton Hillis is a nice backup for him.

They have some good young players on defence, especially Eric Berry and the division isn't massively challenging - it's in a bit of a flux

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 29 Aug 2012, 9:38 pm

I'm going for the San Diego Chargers. Had it not been for OT they would have won the division and made the play offs last year. Tehy have had a good preseason too.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 30 Aug 2012, 12:16 am

I went for the Chiefs. In Romeo Crennel they have a quality head coach, and drafted well, with the talent coming back from injury as well. If Cassel can almost do what Alex Smith did last season for the 49ers and not turn the ball over, they will go far
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:02 am

Broncos - Manning's presence alone will win them a chunk of games. Was pretty evident last year the difference he can make to a team with the way Indy bombed without him. They've gone from having the worst QB in the division last season to the best this season and you know what they say about it being a QB driven league these days.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:25 am

Number-25 wrote:Broncos - Manning's presence alone will win them a chunk of games. Was pretty evident last year the difference he can make to a team with the way Indy bombed without him. They've gone from having the worst QB in the division last season to the best this season and you know what they say about it being a QB driven league these days.

Would you say he's still the best? I think there are a number of guys who have overtaken him in recent seasons. His presence is still felt, but I'm not sure if he's the force he once was.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 30 Aug 2012, 10:38 am

bluestonevedder wrote:
Number-25 wrote:Broncos - Manning's presence alone will win them a chunk of games. Was pretty evident last year the difference he can make to a team with the way Indy bombed without him. They've gone from having the worst QB in the division last season to the best this season and you know what they say about it being a QB driven league these days.

Would you say he's still the best? I think there are a number of guys who have overtaken him in recent seasons. His presence is still felt, but I'm not sure if he's the force he once was.

Yeah that's a good point, Peyton was brilliant, but who knows if he will be the same after his injury. I kind of think a lot of people are overlooking Phillip Rivers this year, I know he had a bad season but the guy has been consistently excellent before last year, I think he will surprise this year

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 30 Aug 2012, 2:36 pm

bambamwillis wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:

Yeah that's a good point, Peyton was brilliant, but who knows if he will be the same after his injury. I kind of think a lot of people are overlooking Phillip Rivers this year, I know he had a bad season but the guy has been consistently excellent before last year, I think he will surprise this year

Yeh, I just think it's hard for a player to return to their previous form especially after such major surgery. Rivers is a very good quarterback, an dependable. Occassionally though, I think he loses his temperment and throws a few odd balls, but a majority of the time he's excellent. Hopefully last season was just a bit of a bump in the road! It was a very uncharacteristic season for him.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 30 Aug 2012, 7:01 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:

I don't think Manning has to be back to his old self to get them to the top of the division, thanks to that defense and special teams and running game Tebow managed to do it, and I think purely because I don't see how Manning could possibly end up doing worse than Tebow the Broncos win it. Also in the AFC West I think the only QB who Manning could have fallen behind is Rivers but he's coming off a bad year, losing Jackson and losing yet more RBs (that's Tomlinson, Sproles and Tolbert in 3 years).

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:12 am

So much of what has made Manning great to this point in his career is the mental side of the game - y'know, the intangibles that you hear the "experts" going on about. His injury won't have diminished that side of his game. So far, it seems like his arm strength isn't significantly diminished as a result of the injury and surgery that he had. Of course we won't know for sure until he is in proper competitive action and he's absorbing proper hits but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he can be the player he was at Indy until we see otherwise. If that's the case, then he's the best QB in the AFC West. That's not to diminish the talents of Philip Rivers though. It's just that Manning at the top of his game is amongst the best QBs in the league while Rivers at the top of his game is probably a notch below that. IMHO OK

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down