The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mourinho's Next Premiership Job

+6
Cheesehead United
theundisputedY2D2
Thomond
Kay Fabe
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Bull
10 posters

Go down

Mourinho's Next Premiership Job

Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_lcap71%Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]
Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_lcap7%Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_lcap0%Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_lcap0%Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_lcap21%Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Empty Mourinho's Next Premiership Job

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 7:17 pm

Jose has always maintained his desire to return the premiership once he leaves Madrid, but where do you see him going?
Will he stay true to his word, or will he remain at Madrid, or perhaps the international scene will entice him?

Back to top Go down

Mourinho's Next Premiership Job Empty Re: Mourinho's Next Premiership Job

Post by Bull Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:16 pm

Jose said he wanted to manage united after sir alex is gone so thats what i voted for

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Apr 2011, 10:47 pm

Even if he wins the Champions League and Spanish Cup he still looks like he's leaving Madrid. Timing could be everything and with no timescale for Fergies retirement I can't see it being Man Utd. The Man City job is very similar to the Chelsea job when Mourinho took that. Good squad with money to spend looking to win big trophies. Wenger is safe in his job he makes the club money so that keeps him safe. Liverpool fans will be happy with Dalglish as long as they are competitive. Spurs would need to offer him a big transfer kitty which I don't thnk they have.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:14 pm

I think he'll end up at United but not directly after Fergie, i think he'll let someone fail to match Fergie before he sails in to save the day, I can see his next English job being Chelsea

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think he'll end up at United but not directly after Fergie, i think he'll let someone fail to match Fergie before he sails in to save the day, I can see his next English job being Chelsea

He won't work for Abramovich again.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011, 4:13 pm

Never say never man, he has got some big supporters at Stamford Bridge and depending on how desperate Abramovic is for the CL only a fool would completely dismiss the notion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:47 pm

Does anyone actually see José going to Leeds? laughing

We can barely afford players never mind a coach like José! thumbsup

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

Depends on the timing of his exit from Real Madrid.

If he stays for a couple more years I could see him at Manchester United, if he leaves at the end of this season I can see Manchester City's owners suddenly becoming unhappy with Roberto Mancini.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesehead United Mon 18 Apr 2011, 2:14 pm

Leeds Utd (once promoted)! IF they're promoted, i can't see him going there, he'll think it will be a step down.

Cheesehead United

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 18 Apr 2011, 2:19 pm

I think it will be Manchester United, but not immediately after Ferguson. Pressure will be on straight away to be up to Ferguson's level. Anything below will be hammered. I think Jose is cute enough to wait and let someone else fail first in order to give himself a better starting point, in similar vein to how Dalglish has profited a little from Hodgson's poor run at Liverpool.

Every job that Mourinho has taken has been one where the fans were craving that little bit more that what they had already got. Ranieri, Mancini, Pellegrino were all falling a little short of their respective clubs expectations. Ferguson is clearly not in that same boat.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:45 pm

Cheesehead United wrote:Leeds Utd (once promoted)! IF they're promoted, i can't see him going there, he'll think it will be a step down.
We all know its much more than just one step down. It depends when he leaves Real Madrid, if at the end of the season Man City will be happy to offer him ridiculous wages and a ridiculous transfer budget that no other club could match, if its in a few years and Fergie has retired and no one has yet managed to bring success back to Man utd then I can see him going there.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun 08 May 2011, 10:50 pm

Man United without doubt, Don't know how well he will settle with the crowd truth be told due to his boring tatic's.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 24 May 2011, 2:30 pm

I would have said Man Utd but I cant see Ferguson leaving the club when he steps down as manager, I think he will be given a director of football type role and dont think Mourinho and Ferguson could work together. Man City would be a possibility but when UEFA's transfer restrictions come in to force that will probably put an end to that option so will have to go for Arsenal.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down