The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Wasps

+6
yappysnap
belovedfrosties
HammerofThunor
majesticimperialman
BigTrevsbigmac
EngInAuck
10 posters

Go down

London Wasps Empty London Wasps

Post by EngInAuck Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:11 am

furious furious furious furious furious furious mad mad mad furious furious furious furious furious furious Sad broken

Just wow ..... how could they have lost that game. I actually allowed myself to believe they would win.

But mooving on , there was definatly something there that was missing from last year. Its just wether we can sort out the last 20mins. at the end of the day If someone would have offered me last week a 2 point loss (Bonus point loss) and a try bonus point to against the league champions i would have taken no questions asked. I think getting in the top 6 this year is a real possibility from what i saw today. Masi in the centres was amazing and ... welll .....

Christian wade Lions tourist 2013 Whistle

EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

London Wasps Empty Re: London Wasps

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:24 am

I think the Wasps coaching team will have learnt a lot from this game.

Haskell & Massi going off made a difference as they were both really putting themselves about. I think Dai should have subbed Billy V & Stabilano earlier as they were clearly struggling.
In general though our conditioning team will be asked a lot of questions.

Aside from that it was a great 60 minute performance.

The crucial point was that the Quins props looked fit for the whole game & forced that last penalty in the scrum.
Credit to Quins for coming back we have seen it before against the Saints last season.
It used to be Wasps that could outlast teams with their fitness. Sort that out & we will be very difficult to beat.

Christian Wade hopefully will stay injury free & prove what a class act he undoubtedly is.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:46 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
Haskell & Massi going off made a difference as they were both really putting themselves about. I think Dai should have subbed Billy V & Stabilano earlier as they were clearly struggling.

Hit the nail on the head there mate . and Wasps will continue to pay the price at the business end of the season for as long as they dont get it sorted.

I honestly think this years Premiership will be the most exciting and open one to date. Its a shame i am limited to one game a week on Nz tv.
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:48 am

EngInAuck wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Hit the nail on the head there mate . and Wasps will continue to pay the price at the business end of the season for as long as they dont get it sorted.

I honestly think this years Premiership will be the most exciting and open one to date. Its a shame i am limited to one game a week on Nz tv.

thumbsup
Do you get any chance of seeing any local rugby down there?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sun 02 Sep 2012, 7:55 am

Super rugby doesn't cut it for me mate not sure what it is about it, the quality of rugby on the pitch may be better but theres very little tradition and off field camaraderie between the fans in comparison to the Jeff.

I mostly follow School 1stXV rugby since i moved down here 2 years ago, the standard of competition is utterly amazing for school boy level. I suppose every cloud has a silver lining Ale
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:13 am

I truly believed that when Wasp went 20 points up. there was no way that Quins would come back from such an pasting.

But you have to give full credit to Quins for sticking in thier and fighting it out like they did.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:21 am

True , full credit to Quins not many teams would have come back from that scoreline ,they ar'nt Premiership champions for nothing
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 02 Sep 2012, 3:07 pm

EngInAuck, have you tried the www.premiershiprugby.tv? Official website.

Not sure if the full matches are available outside, but every game is there in the UK. (a few hours after the game has finished, which won't be a problem for you out there).

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Sun 02 Sep 2012, 4:49 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:EngInAuck, have you tried the www.premiershiprugby.tv? Official website.

Not sure if the full matches are available outside, but every game is there in the UK. (a few hours after the game has finished, which won't be a problem for you out there).

Even if its only for the UK you can download ExpatShield and that will give you a british proxy address. This is what i use from Colombia to watch the 6 Nations.

If Wasps sorted out their fitness and got a scrum top 4 wouldnt surprise me, they looked electric going forward, Haskell really stood out for me and i though that Vunipola made some great carries.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

belovedfrosties wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:EngInAuck, have you tried the www.premiershiprugby.tv? Official website.

Even if its only for the UK you can download ExpatShield and that will give you a british proxy address. This is what i use from Colombia to watch the 6 Nations.

If Wasps sorted out their fitness and got a scrum top 4 wouldnt surprise me, they looked electric going forward, Haskell really stood out for me and i though that Vunipola made some great carries.

Cheers lads ill give it a try Yahoo
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:11 am

Taking Haskell off was a massive mistake, he was a constant pain in the arse on the floor and when he was off we suddenly had all this clean quick ball.

And fitness needs to be upped.

I hope you sort those two things as if you do then you have the firepower to beat any one in the Prem.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:56 am

Do you think Haskell should be in the Senior England squad on this perfromance Yappy? Was he really that good?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

Was about to ask a similar question GF!

Has Billy Vunipola slimmed down a little compared to last season? He came back from injury looking more like a prop than an 8....

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:19 pm

Hasn't Haskell been playing none stop since Sept 2010? Full French season, then World Cup, then Japan, then S15 (+Summer Tour) then Wasps. I'm not surprised he needed taking off.

Vunipola does seem to have slimmed down a bit (I would change that to an old fashioned prop as well).

Didn't Wasps tend to have poorish start to the season when they were successful? Was it them that had a light pre-season so they would be fresher towards the end? Or was that Tigers?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

Yes completely Geordie, he was the most effective player on the pitch for Wasps, Quins really couldn't get anything going with him around. He was tackling aggressively and seemed to always manage to lay all over the ball for a few moments to slow it down.

I thought it was crazy he wasn't in the EPS anyway but that performance has reinforced it.

Looks good for England going forward though as Robshaw had a cracker too.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Glad to hear Robshaw played well too yappy. Was he more groundwork or just a constant tackle machine as per usual?

I've only seen the highlights, and felt sorry for Lowe matching up against Wade- he's one heck of a prospect. Can't believe he could have had another hatrick to his name.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

Thunor he didn't seem tired though, it looked more tactical to me which was a shame for Wasps.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:38 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:Glad to hear Robshaw played well too yappy. Was he more groundwork or just a constant tackle machine as per usual?

I've only seen the highlights, and felt sorry for Lowe matching up against Wade- he's one heck of a prospect. Can't believe he could have had another hatrick to his name.

Haskell was definitely better on the ground while Robshaw was good tackling (Haskell just as good though) the difference was Robshaw's linking, he gets through so many offloads in a game it's brilliant. He had a hand in two of the tries if I remember correctly.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

Lowe just had a nightmare which was compounded by Wasps targeting him so well! You have to feel sorry for him when Wade is just that good.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

I saw the run up to Williams try, and the link play was absolutely sublime. Quick passing, great lines, and magnificent offloads. Robshaw made the decisive final offload to Williams I think...? Great stuff.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:31 pm

yappysnap wrote:
bluestonevedder wrote:Glad to hear Robshaw played well too yappy. Was he more groundwork or just a constant tackle machine as per usual?

Haskell was definitely better on the ground while Robshaw was good tackling (Haskell just as good though) the difference was Robshaw's linking, he gets through so many offloads in a game it's brilliant. He had a hand in two of the tries if I remember correctly.

Haskell doesn't impose himself physically enough imo. A man his size should be putting in bigger hits and gaining more ground through his carries.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:11 pm

Actually gowales...i think this is an area he improved alot.

Certainly his game in South Africa in the summer his physicality was very prominent.

I think thats why so many England fans were surprised by the decision to put him in the saxons squad this season.
I do suspect he will be fast tracked however if his performances are like this one leading to the AI's....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:07 am

The thing is Robshaw and Haskell in the same backrow is a very possible combination, seeing as Robshaw plays 2 positions and Haskell 3. Add Launchbury and Lawes at Lock, Wood or Croft or Morgan and that's some band end of a pack.

ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:35 am

Totally agree Cj.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:37 am

Geordie, I recommend predicting scores on the Fantasy game. Even if you only have time to do scores with no text, it'll get you some transfer money
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down