The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vitali charr ?

+15
NathanDB10
Boxtthis
Mr Bounce
azania
Seanusarrilius
Lumbering_Jack
Knowsit17
JJJohnson
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
Rowley
bhb001
horizontalhero
BoxingFan88
rycoys
19 posters

Go down

vitali charr ? Empty vitali charr ?

Post by rycoys Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:14 pm

anyone know if the fight is on tv ? if so what channel ? thanks , also predict vitali impressive performence with late stoppage and haye to gatecrash presser !!!!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

vitali charr ? Empty Re: vitali charr ?

Post by rycoys Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

god 56 views no help ! people are really not intrested in this fight are they !!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:18 pm

Never seen Charr so I can't comment, but probably Klitchsko by knockout again.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:11 am

rycoys wrote:god 56 views no help ! people are really not intrested in this fight are they !!!

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, the only fight of his that I've been vaguely interested in was against Solis, and unless he and Haye finally get round to fighting, I can't see that changing.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 8:34 am

You're spot on about Haye. He will be around like a bad dose of flu, saying everyone is ducking him!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Sep 2012, 8:53 am

Apparently the WBC have announced that contrary to their previous statements they are now happy to welcome Haye back into the fold and would not put any blocks in the way of him fighting Vitali, so there does appear a likelihood he will appear in some manner in his usual charming and understated way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 04 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

the world of boxing needs haye, rowley... he's only doing it all for us fans, he's selfless as well as charming and understated

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:50 am

rowley wrote:Apparently the WBC have announced that contrary to their previous statements they are now happy to welcome Haye back into the fold and would not put any blocks in the way of him fighting Vitali, so there does appear a likelihood he will appear in some manner in his usual charming and understated way.

Money talks....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:29 pm

Unfortunately. in this case, BullS**t does not walk or we wouldn't be talking about Haye

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:30 pm

Vitali fight is on Boxnation.

The Bailey/Alexander fight has been postponed so they seem to have replaced it with Vitali.

Heard Olusegun/Matthysse was going to headline the show instead so hopefully Boxnation still show it, although it has been removed from their schedule.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:48 pm

I know two things about Charr, one he's Spanish and two he beat Danny "Old Bloated Useless £@%!" Williams not so long ago.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

Which is officially two more than I knew, good work.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:54 pm

Did he not used to be a kick boxer too...

The last person to KO Vitali was Pele Reid... a kick boxer. It is written in the stars.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

It's actually on HBO (I assume highlights) during their Ward v Dawson card this weekend. I will be watching HBO, so will see it by default. Terrible fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:22 pm

Another jab fest distance fight to enthrall us all.

Cant wait til Haye KTFO of this joker.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

Haye to interrupt the after fight press conference and have a fight with Charr.

What do you think the odds are?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

Charr is gobby that's a certainty. I see Vitali busted him up quite methodically. It won't be pretty.

Haye will call out Vitali at the press conference. No change there.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:31 pm

It's sad that for all Haye's horrible self-promotion, and his resultant terrible performance against Wlad, he's still the next best HW to the K-bros.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

I reckon VK will want the KO in this one, particularly since it is likely to be his last fight. He seemed to lose a lot of zip and power in the Chisora fight, although there were rumours that was due to an injury. I think a late(ish) stoppage after 8-10 rounds. Charr looks sturdy but I don't think he has the mobility to trouble VK. Vitali will pick him off, bust him up and stop him late as per usual.

It will be interesting to see what VK does, because frankly I thought he looked well past it in the Chisora fight, and I rate him quite highly.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

Don't be surprised to see VK come out fast at the opening bell and hit Charr with a massive barrage. I agree with Nathan - he will want the KO and I think he'll want to make a statement.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Wed 05 Sep 2012, 1:40 pm

Yet another pick 'em involving a Klitschko with Vitali widely available at a very tempting 1/100. A grand will win you enough for 3 pints. Like I said, very tempting.
At least we've Povetkin / Rahman to look forward to Laugh
What's Rahman done in the 11 years that have passed since being decapitated by Lennox to have earned his umpteenth title shot ?
The only 'fight' that springs to mind is the Ruiz snoozefest which would be on most people's list of top 20 heavyweight stinkers.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 1:50 pm

I would advise people to avoid watching this match. The heavyweights today are really awful and you would do well to steer clear of them. The better fighters are in the lower divisions nowadays.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Gordy wrote:The heavyweights today are really awful and you would do well to steer clear of them. The better fighters are in the lower divisions nowadays.

As I'm yet to hear you say anything remotely positive about any currently active fighter, Mr Bennett, I'd have to ask who these better fighters that you're speaking of actually are. Do you mean to say that there is a fighter in the world today who is a great and who isn't a Sky hype job!? How long have you been privy to this information!?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:12 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Gordy wrote:The heavyweights today are really awful and you would do well to steer clear of them. The better fighters are in the lower divisions nowadays.

As I'm yet to hear you say anything remotely positive about any currently active fighter, Mr Bennett, I'd have to ask who these better fighters that you're speaking of actually are. Do you mean to say that there is a fighter in the world today who is a great and who isn't a Sky hype job!? How long have you been privy to this information!?

Mayweather is the best fighter in the world at the moment but he is overrated. Some people think he is one of the best fighters in history but he would not have beaten Hearns, Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Robinson or Hagler. The fighters around now are not as good as before, this is well known but the heavyweight division in particular is the worst its ever been in history which is why I would advise people to avoid watching it. A bunch of terrible eastern european heavyweights and hype jobs like Haye, Harrison and Price basically sums up what it is now. Absolute rubbish!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

If they all decided to come down to LW to fight Floyd, Floyd would have beaten them all. If Wlad comes down to WW, Floyd would beat him also. Dammit Floyd would beat Ali at Lightweight.

But seriously, Floyd is a great fighter. One of the best ever. But because those guys you named would have beaten him ad WW or MW, doesn't make Floyd less of a fighter.

Moreover SRR lost to a face first plodder in LaMotta. Ergo SRR is over-rated.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:24 pm

Sugar Ray Robinson overrated??! This comments shows you do not understand boxing! Sugar Ray Robinson was the best boxer of all time! Mayweather is good nowadays but he would not have come close to beating Sugar Ray Robinson this is the differeance you need to understand and its the reason Mayweather is overrated!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

Robinson lost to La Motta when Jake outweighed him by a stone - Sugar had not long before been fighting Lightweights. Given that he reversed that just two weeks later and thrashed La Motta to within an inch of his life once he'd grown in to being a proper Middleweight some years later, I think we can let that one slide, Az.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:29 pm

Gordy wrote:I would advise people to avoid watching this match. The heavyweights today are really awful and you would do well to steer clear of them. The better fighters are in the lower divisions nowadays.

I would advise people to ignore anything this little twerp comes out with. The Wums todays are really awful and you would do well to stay clear of them. The better Wums are a distant memory nowadays.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

It is rare I find myself defending Az but am not sure his Robinson comment was not meant to be taken literally. Think he was picking up on the fact that Mayweather is not a natural welter and so perhaps does not compare favourably with some of the best welterweights and in one case middleweights in history and was attempting to demonstrate you can make a case for any fighter being overrated if you choose to stack the deck against them in such a manner.

I am now off for a shower as I feel dirty.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:32 pm

Gordy wrote:Sugar Ray Robinson overrated??! This comments shows you do not understand boxing! Sugar Ray Robinson was the best boxer of all time! Mayweather is good nowadays but he would not have come close to beating Sugar Ray Robinson this is the differeance you need to understand and its the reason Mayweather is overrated!

Yes, but he lost to a face first plodder and a plonker in Basillio. Floyd has never lost. Plus Floyd's best weight was SFW and LW. Ask Hagler to fight him at LW or SFW and see what would happen.

Who rates SRR as the best of all time? The same ones who rate Lewis second best HW of all time? Or totally different pundits?

What you need to understand is that Floyd is undefeated and according to your oft used logic when discussing Calzaghe, is the best ever because he has not lost. His dad is Floyd Snr who has a couple of brothers also called Mayweather. Just to show you my boxing knowledge.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:40 pm

You are not for real! I have read your comments on Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson and Khan and I think you are having a laugh! Mayweather is good but he would lose to Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler and Hearns if they were around now. Calzaghe is not the best ever! When did I ever say that! But he would beat every boxer around now. To much talent for guys in the high divisions and to big for guys below him. Mayweather might be better than Calzaghe but he would not beat him!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:45 pm

azania wrote:If they all decided to come down to LW to fight Floyd, Floyd would have beaten them all. If Wlad comes down to WW, Floyd would beat him also. Dammit Floyd would beat Ali at Lightweight.

But seriously, Floyd is a great fighter. One of the best ever. But because those guys you named would have beaten him ad WW or MW, doesn't make Floyd less of a fighter.

Even though the tone and point of this post is obvious, I expect it'll still be too subtle for our man Gordy - and, in some future thread, I fully expect him to be saying something along the lines of "People just do not understand boxing. Everyone on this board thinks that Floyd would beat Ali. Ali was an all time great. Floyd is a modern hype job. There is no comparison".

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

Gordy wrote:You are not for real! I have read your comments on Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson and Khan and I think you are having a laugh! Mayweather is good but he would lose to Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler and Hearns if they were around now. Calzaghe is not the best ever! When did I ever say that! But he would beat every boxer around now. To much talent for guys in the high divisions and to big for guys below him. Mayweather might be better than Calzaghe but he would not beat him!

If Hagler et al (do you understand et al) were around today and active Floyd would beat them all at Lightweight. PHACT!. He would also beat Rocky if the fight were held as WW. PHAKT. He would KO Calzaghe at WW. FAKT. If that were to happen, Floyd would be the best ever. PHAQT!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 05 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

azania wrote:
Gordy wrote:You are not for real! I have read your comments on Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson and Khan and I think you are having a laugh! Mayweather is good but he would lose to Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler and Hearns if they were around now. Calzaghe is not the best ever! When did I ever say that! But he would beat every boxer around now. To much talent for guys in the high divisions and to big for guys below him. Mayweather might be better than Calzaghe but he would not beat him!

If Hagler et al (do you understand et al) were around today and active Floyd would beat them all at Lightweight. PHACT!. He would also beat Rocky if the fight were held as WW. PHAKT. He would KO Calzaghe at WW. FAKT. If that were to happen, Floyd would be the best ever. PHAQT!

A well constructed argument there. Can't see anything wrong with that.....

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 05 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
azania wrote:If they all decided to come down to LW to fight Floyd, Floyd would have beaten them all. If Wlad comes down to WW, Floyd would beat him also. Dammit Floyd would beat Ali at Lightweight.

Even though the tone and point of this post is obvious, I expect it'll still be too subtle for our man Gordy - and, in some future thread, I fully expect him to be saying something along the lines of "People just do not understand boxing. Everyone on this board thinks that Floyd would beat Ali. Ali was an all time great. Floyd is a modern hype job. There is no comparison".

Your better off writing in crayon for him, the points made might actually sink in then.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

azania wrote:
Gordy wrote:Sugar Ray Robinson overrated??! This comments shows you do not understand boxing! Sugar Ray Robinson was the best boxer of all time! Mayweather is good nowadays but he would not have come close to beating Sugar Ray Robinson this is the differeance you need to understand and its the reason Mayweather is overrated!

Yes, but he lost to a face first plodder and a plonker in Basillio. Floyd has never lost. Plus Floyd's best weight was SFW and LW. Ask Hagler to fight him at LW or SFW and see what would happen.

Who rates SRR as the best of all time? The same ones who rate Lewis second best HW of all time? Or totally different pundits?

What you need to understand is that Floyd is undefeated and according to your oft used logic when discussing Calzaghe, is the best ever because he has not lost. His dad is Floyd Snr who has a couple of brothers also called Mayweather. Just to show you my boxing knowledge.

What was that you said the other day Az about Gordy roping us all in to his wummery.....lol Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 05 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

What was that you said the other day Az about Gordy roping us all in to his wummery.....lol Whistle

I think Fraudy would be a good name for him, he is a WUM plain and simple.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 05 Sep 2012, 3:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Everyone is allowed one lapse or 10.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down