The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan confirms change in trainer

+23
Lance
horizontalhero
6oldenbhoy
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
Pedro147
TopHat24/7
Nico the gman
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Super D Boon
fearlessBamber
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Gordy
Seanusarrilius
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Boxtthis
The Galveston Giant
Rowley
88Chris05
azania
Lumbering_Jack
Valero's Conscience
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Khan confirms change in trainer Empty Khan confirms change in trainer

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Yesterday Khan confirmed he'll be going to NY to talk to a few coaches and admitted that he needs to work on his defence, which explains his desire to move away from Roach.

He also comically paired himself with Manny in his talk:

"If we had the defense we should have had we would be the best fighter in the world. That’s the downfall of me and Manny Pacquiao. We’re both offensively the best fighters in the world, but defensively we’re not the best.”

Source, Eastside Boxing

15th December is being lined up for his next fight with an opponant due to be announced soon.

Who would you want his his new trainer (assuming he does ditch Roach) and who would you want as his next opponant.

I think Steward or Richardson would be good, albeit Steward could make him very dull!

As for an opponant I would like him to avenge a defeat and Peterson would be good. I'm not sure on his ban but 15th Dec would be over a 12 months from his last fight but not sure what his ban is?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Khan confirms change in trainer Empty Re: Khan confirms change in trainer

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Not sure which one I would prefer. From what I have seen for Naz he seems knowledgale and able to formulate a fighters plan based on his strenths, as oppose to Roach who just has his fighters try and out gun the other one.

Steward would almost certainly tighten up the defence.

Either will do for me.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:33 pm

I dont see what he says wrong there. He is spot on. Manny is a great offensive fighter but lacking defence. Ditto Khan. Difference is Manny has a chin.

As for coaches I have said long before his latest KO that he should ditch Freddie and go for Steward or McGirt.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Word around one particular camp fire is that Yoel Judah has stated his interest - anyone but that clown, surely? I imagine that Khan won't give that 'offer' a seconds thought.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Steward would seem an obvious choice, given he is much more adept defensively, however my understanding was a lot of Khan’s issue with Roach was he did not care for playing second fiddle to Manny, does moving Steward alleviate this problem because what happens when Wlad comes knocking would appear he will have the same issue.

Also think there is an element of playing the blame game here, Khan does not have a good chin, not a lot any coach can do for that because I don’t think Khan has the self discipline to become a Wlad style fighter or the physical strength to pull such a style off. Did not hear what Roach said to him at the end of the third against Garcia but would seriously doubt it was “wade in there, fight fire with fire” Given this was exactly what Khan did struggle to see how the loss is down to Roach. Harrison got dumped for a few wobbles early in his career, then Rubio goes for the Prescott loss and now Roach pays the price for this one, there is only one common denominator in all of these losses and it ain’t the trainer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Yep well said Rowley, Khan is good at pointing the finger. This means he won't change because he doesn't blame himself. I also wouldn't say he was the best offensive fighter in the world, if he was that good with offense defense wouldn't matter.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:15 pm

I think the change of trainer is a good idea for Khan. He's done well under Roach, but he needs to take a stab at addressing those defensive frailties, poor defensive jab, and his lack of inside fighting skills. Not sure he'll ever improve markedly under any trainer at this stage, but he should at least try. He'll always have a major handicap at world level with that chin of his, but I'd expect someone like Steward could help him cover it up better. Khan is a very good fighter, but has too many fundamental flaws to be top tier in my opinion.

Also, the way he talks in a plural sense all the time sounds weird, doesn't it?

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Yep well said Rowley, Khan is good at pointing the fighter. This means he won't change because he doesn't blame himself. I also wouldn't say he was the best offensive fighter in the world, if he was that good with offense defense wouldn't matter.

He doesn't blame himself? Probably he thinks he's not learning what he needs to learn under Roache's tuition. That's a fair assessment imo and credit to him for acknowledging the flaws in his game.

DDo you expect any world class boxer to say he isn't good enough to be at the very top?

Khan's main asset is his speed. With Steward or McGirt he can improve his jab no end.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Khan must have schizophrenia, he always refers to himself as 'we' and 'us'.

After a decent start Roach has basically tried to convert him into manny mk II because they share the attribute of speed, but khan doesn't have mannys footwork, chin or punching power - he's just not using his attributes effectively and on top of that his trainer clearly sees him as second or third down the pecking order at the gym.

Khan is tall & rangy at his weight and has shown the capability to work behind a decent jab. He needs to be taught to fight upright behind a high guard, work that jab and be disciplined offensively instead of leaving himself open to the big punches that have taken him out in the past. For me the best guy for khan has to be steward who worked wonders with guys that had similar attributes and similar frailties (Lewis & Wlad notably).

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:21 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Yep well said Rowley, Khan is good at pointing the finger. This means he won't change because he doesn't blame himself. I also wouldn't say he was the best offensive fighter in the world, if he was that good with offense defense wouldn't matter.

Yep, but of an overstatement with the 'best offensive fighter' chat there I think. He's fast, and great at racking up points, and getting decent power in some shots from a certain distance, but he's not got the power or diversity of punches to put himself in the 'best offensive' category. I mean, he's caused trouble offensively for guys like Maidana, Peterson, and Garcia but he's been unable to blast them out - and they've all come back strongly to give him serious problems. That's not the mark of the 'best offensive fighter' as far as I'm concerned.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Khan will come back better and stronger and rule the LWW division, then step up and dominate the WW division. I see a fight between him and Manny next year and Khan will win easily. Manny will be too past it by then.

A new trainer is the best thing Khan can do now. Credit to him for always trying to be the best. Some of the domestic fighters can take a leaf out of his book. His work ethic is admirable and his desire to fight the best should be applauded. A credit to Britain.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Manny Steward would be his best bet. He struggles with Defence and that's an area Manny is well proven at shoring up

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 pm

Khan is living in cloud cuckoo land! Best fighter in the world if he had a better defence?! He should retire before he winds up having his brains scrambled permanently.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Bloody 'ell, Az - your opinions of what Khan is capable of and how good he is seem to change more regularly than the moods of a pregnant elephant do!

Fair play to Khan for wanting to shake things up and take a risk, though. Of the choices mentioned above I'd probably pick McGirt, who I've been pretty impressed with whenever I've seen him working a corner. If nothing else, Buddy was a very cute defensive operator, albeit using very different gifts to the ones which Khan has.

As Adam Booth likes to say, a fighter shouldn't overcelebrate strengths; by all means, work on keeping people at bay with a jab better than he's previously managed, but it's essential that he works on his inside game. Lest we forget, Khan has an absolutely cracking body shot on him, one of the best in the sport, and it would be a shame to see that fazed out of his arsenal.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Not really. I have always believed in Khan's talenty and application. I have strong reservations if Roach was the best one for him given his obvious limitation. Moreover outside Manny and Floyd now, who else is out there? Khan can beat Garcia if he utilises his skill sets properly. He has the beating of all the other LWW out there due to his physical attributes (can also lose to all of them due to his chin issues).

Khan under Roach has gone as far as he can.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

azania wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Yep well said Rowley, Khan is good at pointing the fighter. This means he won't change because he doesn't blame himself. I also wouldn't say he was the best offensive fighter in the world, if he was that good with offense defense wouldn't matter.

He doesn't blame himself? Probably he thinks he's not learning what he needs to learn under Roache's tuition. That's a fair assessment imo and credit to him for acknowledging the flaws in his game.

DDo you expect any world class boxer to say he isn't good enough to be at the very top?

Khan's main asset is his speed. With Steward or McGirt he can improve his jab no end.

There is a difference between saying you are good enough to be at the top and saying that you are the best offensive fighter in the world.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Every fighter will always big themselves up. Khan needs to think that. So do all other top boxers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:29 pm

azania wrote:Not really. I have always believed in Khan's talenty and application

Thats funny, because the night Garcia splattered him, you had this to say:

azania wrote:Retire!

And you think he is going to rule the LWW and WW division?? Not sure a b-level fighter could be capible of "ruling" ANY division in boxing:

azania wrote:Garcia may turn out to be a very good A list fighter. Khan, like all active british fighters is a B level operator. Comparing him to A listers is urinating in the wind.

He can be an upper B level fighter if he utilises his attributes better. His vulnerabilities will always make for good, edge of seats fights in that it always gives his opponents some confidence.

Someone give Manny Steward a call.

Heres the thread you wrote it on bud. Just making sure you realised your little change in opinion Smile

https://www.606v2.com/t32533p100-khan
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:30 pm

I like Khan. There is no quit in him at all and he is willing to work to his absolute limit to maximise his potential. I honestly think he would get in the ring with Wlad and give it his best shot - he is that brave.

I think he can still learn - he has learnt under Roach. He should employ Steward and work on his jab going back and counter hooking of the jab.

Khan was always going to suffer the odd surprise KO defeat with his chin. I think he will still achieve a lot.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
azania wrote:Not really. I have always believed in Khan's talenty and application

And you think he is going to rule the LWW and WW division?? Not sure a b-level fighter could be capible of "ruling" ANY division in boxing:

azania wrote:Garcia may turn out to be a very good A list fighter. Khan, like all active british fighters is a B level operator. Comparing him to A listers is urinating in the wind.

He can be an upper B level fighter if he utilises his attributes better. His vulnerabilities will always make for good, edge of seats fights in that it always gives his opponents some confidence.

Heres the thread you wrote it on bud. Just making sure you realised your little change in opinion Smile

You save my posts? Shocked I feel violated!

Anyway, that was then this is now. Heat of the moment stuff. Currently he is B level but has A level talent. Spot the difference and read that thread again. The insinuation is there.

Moreover outside of Floyd, the rest are B level.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 pm

azania wrote:

Anyway, that was then this is now. Heat of the moment stuff. Currently he is B level but has A level talent. Spot the difference and read that thread again. The insinuation is there.

My god. Denial even in the face of such evidence. Gotta admire your determination if nothing else.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:47 pm

I didn't save your posts, I just remembered how you changed your tune on that thread. Its only about 4 rows back. Wasn't that hard to find.

Anyway, nothing else to say about the matter as its there in black and white.

Please don't be insulted or offended by this by the way as I am only debating this in a friendly way Az.

Smile
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:53 pm

What denial? Its nothing different from what I have been saying all along. Khan has the skillset but not fully developed yet.

The jury is still out on Garcia. But on reflection, Khan has the beating of him with a tighter defence. As Khan himself said, he had a great attack, but lousy defence. With his chin issues, a bad defence is a major problem. Tighten it up he will be an A list fighter (or B+). Where is the contradiction?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Whatever Az...

We can all spot your tactics a mile off...

1. Read thread
2. Disagree with the majority of posters for argument.

Boring.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

azania wrote:

What insinuation? Looks like the very definition of a complete 180 of opinion to me! laughing

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm

No 180 here. Very consistent. Khan is good, but could be better. Simples.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm

What is the code for each fighter!?

A
B
B
C
B
D
C
B+
C-
A

I can just picture you sitting with a list of fighters Az, like a teacher, giving them their grades laughing
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Whatever Az...

1. Read thread

Boring.

What if the first response is mine and everyone else jumps on?

Oh and immigration haven't caught up with me yet mate. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Whatever Az...

1. Read thread

Boring.

What if the first response is mine and everyone else jumps on?

Are you suggesting I have an issue with your race?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:13 pm

My race? Not at all. Freedom of speech and who should or can say things? Most def. But that isn't boxing (or athletics) so I'll leave it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:16 pm

azania wrote:

I can happily make a few phone calls.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm

Stick to the topic guys......Az got caught changing his opinion.

Now carry on..
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:28 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

I can happily make a few phone calls.

censored

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Opinion hasn't changed. Suptlety has though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 pm

So you do want Khan to retire then?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:52 pm

I said

azania wrote:
"Retire"

then

"Someone give Manny Steward a call"

If someone described another boxer as "face first" do you actually believe that it seriously means they lead with their face or just aren't that good at defence?

The comment "retire" was tongue in cheek. Strewth!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:55 pm

azania wrote:Opinion hasn't changed. Suptlety has though.

And so has the spelling of "subtlety"! drumroll

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Stick to the topic guys......Az got caught changing his opinion.

Now carry on...

Fair enough. No point in flogging it once he's denying being caught red handed. It's like that Shaggy song "it wasn't me"

azania wrote:Khan will come back better and stronger and rule the LWW division, then step up and dominate the WW division. I see a fight between him and Manny next year and Khan will win easily. Manny will be too past it by then.

A new trainer is the best thing Khan can do now. Credit to him for always trying to be the best. Some of the domestic fighters can take a leaf out of his book. His work ethic is admirable and his desire to fight the best should be applauded. A credit to Britain.

I really can't see this at all. And you really seem to have a bee in your bonnet about defending Khan ever since a thread a while back when some people (I think rightfully) stated that he's a bit annoying, a tad delusional and somewhat of a cry baby at times....and you, surprise, surprise, disagreed and haven't let it go since. He has major holes in his game (not least that chin) to go along with his high quality plus points. I've seen you dismiss other good fighters out of hand because of their perceived weaknesses, so it surprises me that you'd back Khan to turn it all around and eventually rule not 1 but 2 divisions. As far as I can see he's proved nothing to say he's significantly ahead of the Garcia/Peterson/Maidana/Matthyse/Alexander/Guerrero group of LWWs or, say, the Ortiz/Berto/Lopez group of WWs. This is not to mention guys like Bradley, Pacquiao, Mayweather. There's a whole host of guys there that will give Khan nightmares. I think that Khan's good, and very entertaining, and that he can improve. He'll be able to beat a few good guys at LWW and WW. But there's very little evidence to suggest that he'll dominate over two divisions now or in the future. He'd require a complete overhaul (and a new chin).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:So you do want Khan to retire then?

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Az you been sussed here!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I cant believe how some people still cant see how overrated Khan is. I said that he was a sky hype job but people would not listen and he got knocked about the ring in his last match. Now some people still want to believe he is great! They never learn!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

He gets some unfair criticism imo. Look at this thread as a slight example. He claims to be a very good attacking fighter. One of the world's best. OK, hype. But which other attacking boxer will say otherwise when asked?

I have long said he has major holes in his game. Ignore his chin anyway. Someone with his attributes should not be duking it out. He should establish a jab more and I recall I had a long debate with manos before the Peterson fight (I believe).

But as far as the current crop of LWW/WW I can't see too much outstanding talent there to be honest. Floyd aside. And I believe manny is on a steep slide downwards and in a year's time, he will be easy pickings for Khan and that fight is inevitable if Manny is still boxing.

Khan can claim he beat Manny and ignore it was a shell of Manny.

Bradley I have never rated highly. He got a gift decision as did Alexander against Kotelnik. Difference between knocked out and decisioned over a long fight. A KO happend in an instant. Being outboxed doesn't.

A Khan/Ortiz fight would be fun. Probably the best and most exciting fight out there currently. Both exciting and vulnerable. Bombs away.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Belt up Gordy and get back in your crib.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm

"He claims to be a very good attacking fighter"

"That’s the downfall of me and Manny Pacquiao. We’re both offensively the best fighters in the world"

Completely different.

Im not arguing either as I think he is one of the quickest. But to be one of the best offesive fighters you need power to stop fighters. Khan has speed but power at the top level he does not. Plus he has terribe stamina and tires badly. This is not the trademark of one of the best offensive fighters in the world.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:20 pm

And yeah Gordy, Do one!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Regardless of trainer he may tighten his defense up but he can't do anything about that chin, and in a 12 round fight at some stage his gonna get tagged.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

azania wrote:He gets some unfair criticism imo. Look at this thread as a slight example. He claims to be a very good attacking fighter. One of the world's best. OK, hype. But which other attacking boxer will say otherwise when asked?

I have long said he has major holes in his game. Ignore his chin anyway. Someone with his attributes should not be duking it out. He should establish a jab more and I recall I had a long debate with manos before the Peterson fight (I believe).

But as far as the current crop of LWW/WW I can't see too much outstanding talent there to be honest. Floyd aside. And I believe manny is on a steep slide downwards and in a year's time, he will be easy pickings for Khan and that fight is inevitable if Manny is still boxing.

Khan can claim he beat Manny and ignore it was a shell of Manny.

Bradley I have never rated highly. He got a gift decision as did Alexander against Kotelnik. Difference between knocked out and decisioned over a long fight. A KO happend in an instant. Being outboxed doesn't.

A Khan/Ortiz fight would be fun. Probably the best and most exciting fight out there currently. Both exciting and vulnerable. Bombs away.

We'll have to utterly disagree on this one then. It looks to me like you're presenting the most favourable of possible futures for Khan here. I think it's more likely that he'll get a new trainer, make a few improvements, but will never be able to dominate over a group of upper-tier but-not-elite level LWW or WWs.

He's hardly had an unfair ride on this thread. He uses silly sounding plural language when describing himself - fair enough game for a dig or two I think. Plus, after spending the last few years saying he'll beat Mayweather and talking about how he's on a different 'level' from some opponents, he's now lost 2 fights in a row and is coming back to say that he's the 'best offensive' boxer around. I know boxers exaggerate, but it is silly chat and he rightfully gets a couple of digs for it. But, for the most part, as far as I can see, people on this thread have made quite a fair assessment of his abilities. You think he gets a hard time? I think you've over compensated and are overly defensive of him.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:20 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Stick to the topic guys......Az got caught changing his opinion.

Now carry on...

Fair enough. No point in flogging it once he's denying being caught red handed. It's like that Shaggy song "it wasn't me"

azania wrote:Khan will come back better and stronger and rule the LWW division, then step up and dominate the WW division. I see a fight between him and Manny next year and Khan will win easily. Manny will be too past it by then.

I really can't see this at all. And you really seem to have a bee in your bonnet about defending Khan ever since a thread a while back when some people (I think rightfully) stated that he's a bit annoying, a tad delusional and somewhat of a cry baby at times....and you, surprise, surprise, disagreed and haven't let it go since.

Was that the thread when he accused us all of being racist (or at least anyone that thought Khan was a numpty)?

Must say, after weeks of Gordy's tedious and inane wummery it's nice to see a real master back at work. Even better that he got immediately caught out and shown up! Laugh

Re the OP, I've always liked and respected Khan's attitude towards taking risks and being happy to mix things up. Evolution is natural and healthy, is Roach is no longer giving him what he needs (or he's learnt all he feels he can) then fair play for trying something new. He's still young, still has some excellent tools and will hopefully flourish under the tutelage of a McGirt, Richardson or Steward.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm

More here from Khan. He just comes across as daft, he speaks so disrespectively about people...

Amir Khan says he will return to the ring on December 15, but it won't be against Joan Guzman for the WBA light-welterweight title.

Rumours had circulated that the pair were on collision course after Guzman was told he could an opponent for his mandatory shot at the vacant 'regular' strap.

However, Khan has quashed the speculation, saying Guzman was 'below his level' despite being an undefeated two-weight champion.

"I want someone who is a bit more credible than him," Khan - who has lost his last two fights - told the Manchester Evening News website.

"I've come from world title fights and he might be a little below that.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Pedro147 wrote:More here from Khan. He just comes across as daft, he speaks so disrespectively about people...

Amir Khan says he will return to the ring on December 15, but it won't be against Joan Guzman for the WBA light-welterweight title.

Rumours had circulated that the pair were on collision course after Guzman was told he could an opponent for his mandatory shot at the vacant 'regular' strap.

However, Khan has quashed the speculation, saying Guzman was 'below his level' despite being an undefeated two-weight champion.

"I want someone who is a bit more credible than him," Khan - who has lost his last two fights - told the Manchester Evening News website.

"I've come from world title fights and he might be a little below that.

I think Guzman could easily beat him to be honest. He took a similar tone in the run up to the Peterson fight.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:"He claims to be a very good attacking fighter"

"That’s the downfall of me and Manny Pacquiao. We’re both offensively the best fighters in the world"

Completely different.

Im not arguing either as I think he is one of the quickest. But to be one of the best offesive fighters you need power to stop fighters. Khan has speed but power at the top level he does not. Plus he has terribe stamina and tires badly. This is not the trademark of one of the best offensive fighters in the world.

That's his opinion of himself. He's unlikely to say he was not the best. Show me a boxer who talks himself down and I will show you a perennial contender. Self belief is essential in all top class boxers. Even that fool McKloskey believed he could beat Khan Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next