The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the problem with monday night raw

2 posters

Go down

the problem with monday night raw Empty the problem with monday night raw

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 06 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

i am struggling with it not because i fall asleep like a few on this board have put but because the product is so boring and predictable you know what is going to happen next 5 minutes before it happens so therefore the crowd is dead the majority of the time and if anything big is going to happen the next week then it gets revealed online before it happens and you know the storyline will end bad anyway as is the norm for wwe e.g lesnar return to job to cena and beat triple h who we know is returning in a few months anyway and the punk promo im leaving wwe only to return 2 or 3 weeks later.........plus i dont think the creative know what to do in 2 hours let alone 3 so they think just put these two in a match that'll kill time now these two to take us up to hour 2 or 3. no investment in making the characters on screen mean anything to the people watching and over exposure of the same guys e.g sheamus and albertoo del riiiiooooo. apart from the wwe title and brock storyline and whatever cena is doing there is no thought into what the other wrestlers on the card should do as a feud so they are put in meaningless matches. pg also doesn't help the product as you know nothing edgy or new is going to happen on screen just the usual boring bland promos about ooo im so mad im going to beat you up so bad you wont be able to stand for 4 minutes. you can talk over a promo on tv and get the jist of what he/she is saying without even listening to them. anyway rant over well done if you read all of that. what do you 606v2 universe think of raw being 3 hours? good or bad?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

the problem with monday night raw Empty Re: the problem with monday night raw

Post by Samo Thu 06 Sep 2012, 4:42 pm

I've said it before and I've said it again. There are only 2 ways to sort the WWE product right now. Scrap the 2 titles, brand extentions draft all that stuff. Get it back to the way it was pre 2002, 1 world title, and when top stars arent gunning for it they are in meaningful fueds with other top guys.

The other option, and my personal choice; make the brand extension solid. I've made no secret that I was a strong advocate of Smackdown guys staying on Smackdown and RAW guys staying on RAW. Split the PPV's and each get 4 a year plus the big 4 which are joint production.

This forces creative to not only come up with enough PPV match worthy matches, but you have 6-7 weeks between a PPV to fill. This was the last time the World Titles meant something, because we didnt have 2 being contested for every month. And when a RAW guy showed up on SmackDown it was a huge event.

Remember when the draft meant something? Remember when John Cena turned up on the highlight reel? It was amazing. Remember when we had Triple H in an honest to god meaningful fued with Eugene? EUGENE for christs sake.

Sure, it had its lows, but it genuinely made the 2 shows better. RAW had alot of the bigger names, but SmackDown had argueably the better talent. They both complemented each other. Also, there was a greater appeal to the Royal Rumble as it gave us a chance to see guys fight we wouldnt normally see.

Unfortunatly, I dont see either option coming into effect anytime soon. We're going to be stuck with 2 world title matchs at PPV's, a top heavy but still full of mince roster, and a creative team that couldnt do long term booking for love nor money.

Samo

Back to top Go down