The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section.

+11
Marky
hodge
Corporalhumblebucket
Jammy31
Dx Dan.
Dexter Morgan
ncfc_Tooze
Lex-Express
Fernando
Kay Fabe
Legend
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section. Empty New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:20

As the wrestling section is booming more than ever, we now need a new mod to assist and help look after you unruly mob.
This will also include the Efeds section and keeping it tidy and up to date with current sticky's etc.

The role of the mod will be to:
Merge Threads
Lock threads
Removing and editing comments that are offensive or insulting to other users.
Reporting members to the admin team for banning if things get out of hand (although you can all do that).
The Mod should still be considered to be regular poster who will only get involved if threads breach the above in order to keep the board running smoothly.

If you would like the role, please put you name forward on this thread and then we will follow this up with the voting poll.

Cheers
Y I Man

Back to top Go down

New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section. Empty Re: New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:21

Me!

Back to top Go down

New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section. Empty Re: New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section.

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:22

🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:23

I would like to put myself forward for the role thumbsup

Start the poll! Smile
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:30

I say we get Wayne in Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:33

the-gaffer wrote:I say we get Wayne in Wink

🤦

I already called dibs on banning him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:37

Could you imagine how messed up he would get if he had to answer his own complaints, it would fry him

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:37

try and lure him over with false promises of being unbannable

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:40

He is probably already a member, he'd need to be an idiot to use his 606 name

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:44

need to be an idiot? he is

when 606 dies I hope Wayne dies with it ( and I dont just mean the user name)

I think there is only one logical choice for the new mod and that is.......

my main man , HolyMiky

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 12:47

i will do it if needs be.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 13:40

I'll step up if you'll take me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 13:45

Are you on enough Sainty?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 13:48

I'm always about. Know the post counts a bit small but I'm always looking at the threads and am heavily involved in the e-fedding that will get a lot busier when 606 closes.

But if that's not enough for some, then it's completely understandable. thumbsup

I'm just happy to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 13:57

If you say your on enough thats good enough for me, just wasnt sure you where on much

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 13:59

Do people want me to write a campaign letter?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:00

Legend wrote:Do people want me to write a campaign letter?

🤦

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:01

laughing

Back to top Go down

New Mod Needed for the Wrestling Section. Empty WWE Quiz

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:06

LOL yeah lets see what your letter says

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:22

Wrestling
I may not be one of the most frequently posting members of the wrestling section right now, but I do post here quite a lot. In the past i have written weekly Raw and SmackDown reviews and even ran a daily question poll for a week. Alongside this, I created The FCW Thread and The Win/Loss Statistics so far this year. Although most of my articles have been long buried, I still update them for those who may stumble across them at times. I have put an awful lot of effort into maintaining these articles, and I always try to make them look respectable. If this means spending hours writing codes, I'll do it. I believe this shows an excellent commitment towards the site, which can be easily transferred into moderating. I willingly spend my free time doing such things, so I feel this is the right job for me. Those who have only joined recently may not realise my previous contributions to this section, but I'm sure you have noticed my name in other areas of the site. 

E-Fedding
The e-fedding section of this site is one that regularly needs to be maintained in order for everything to be kept in line. Previous shows need to be moved into the 'archives section' and the latest cards or shows need to be stickied. If the forum was regularly maintained, I assume it would make things more obvious to newer members of the respective e-feds, possibly encouraging them to promo more often. I know for a fact that I would.

At the moment the 6wF board is in desperate need of a tidy up. We even have a stickied show that took place a month ago. I like to think I have OCD, as I want to make sure the site is tidy and completely up to date. If I were elected as a moderator, I would be able to keep it all in order constantly, organise archives and stickies etc. I have already been doing what I can under my non-moderating ability, by copying things over from the oringial 606 site and transferring promos both ways. I may be the only one, but it frustrates me to see shows or cards sitting still in the normal topics area, not even stickied - never mind archived. I would make sure 6WF was maintained like a proper e-fed should be! 

-- How can you trust I will do the job?
I have been a member of both this site and 6wF for a couple of months now. I'm sure many of you were aware of that already.

As a member of the site with nearly 2000 posts, I think that's enough proof to say I'm always about. Interesting fact: I am in fact the highest posting non-moderator/admin on the site. Perhaps this suggests that I am next in line to take on such a job. As an active member who posts on both 'Wrestling' and 'E-Fedding' I think it makes sense for someone like me to assume the position.

In the end it all comes down to who you think will do the better job. thumbsup
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:25

Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:26

I propose free ice cream for everyone...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:26

ill give it a go since a lack of candidates atm . im always around

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:28

🤦
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:32

Legend can i get your coffee Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:35

What makes you say that?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:40

I've not seen so much shameless self promotion since Brimstones Wiki page Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:42

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:43

Oh laughing it just had to be done!
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:43

I don't believe in self promotion, I'm a man of the people!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:48

I'm just messing Legend, no-one can doubt how much you want the gig

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:49

Self promotion is the notion!
(It works like a magic potion)

Vote Legend...

🤦 <- I beat you to it!
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 14:52

Right, I'm off on my journey out of France now, so no Internet until I get home tomorrow morning.

Please don't leave too much hate mail before I get back... pretty please?
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 15:03

too keen, could lead to him turning into a 606esque mod!

I'll put my name forward, again not a massive poster but I'm always about.

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 15:37

No you're not, you don't have access during the day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 15:59

Unfair discrimination, I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Crowd x10

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 16:02

I know i only have 60 odd posts to my name on here at the moment, but i would like to put myself forward for the job. Smile
I've been a member of the old 606 for over 4 years!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 16:06

Are you on here enough Dan?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 22:28

I'd quite happily apply Very Happy I'm in and happy to do the job Smile
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 22:38

LOL I guess Dans lack of response answers that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:06

Yes i'm on here everyday gaffer Smile

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:10

I know mate but are you on enougi to be a mod? There was nearly 7 hours between my question and you getting back to me. What if there was a major problem and your not here for hours?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:25

the-gaffer wrote:I know mate but are you on enougi to be a mod? There was nearly 7 hours between my question and you getting back to me. What if there was a major problem and your not here for hours?

The world will collapse and we'll all die a horrible death?!

🤦

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:27

🤦

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:34

TRUST THE DAN, MAKE ME MODERATOR. Smile
Can i just ask what is the difference between an Admin and a Mod?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:37

Yov calm yourself down danny box you're drunk on power already Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:41

Admin has full control over all the board, the decision makers, can edit the forum, add new categories, has the ability to ban members. Also promotion of the site through various means and have full mod capacity as mentioned below.

Mods look after certain sections to help keep them running smothly, reporting unruly posters to the admin, merging threads, locking them, editing posts, deleting posts for abusive, obscene comments and stuff that break the site rules etc.

Last edited by Y I Man on Sun 17 Apr 2011 - 9:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:43

Most important thing... Admins can ban people from the chat box Wink

My vote goes to Legend, when's the poll going up YI?

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:45

I was thinking either tomorrow night or monday. Just incase anyone was sunbathing today and is interested in taking up the roll so that they can pop themselves forward on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011 - 23:52

Should there be a vote? It will turn into a popularity contest, i think the people who want it should put there namer forward and the existing mods should decide between them

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next