The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate

Go down

India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate Empty India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate

Post by msp83 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 5:03 am

Adding to the T-20I season, India and New Zealand are playing a 2 match T-20 series before the T-20 WC. First of the matches starts at Vishakhapattanam in a few hours from now.
the Biggest talking point of the match is the return of Yuvraj Singh after his serious health problems. When on form, Yuvraj is one of the most destructive limited overs batsman(ask Stuart Broad), and his slow left arm bowling has been quite handy(ask Kevin Pietersen). But Yuvraj is coming into the match without any match practice, and it remains to be seen as to how would he go about it all.
The big thinking point for the team management would be getting the balance right for the global tournament. Would it be 5 batsmen and the all-rounder in Irfan Pathan? Or should Rohit Sharma be given another go as the 6th batsman? If they go the 5 batsmen+Dhoni and Pathan path, there could be room for both Ravichandran Ashwin and the returning Harbhajan Singh besides 2 seamers. But if Pathan is one of the 4 bowlers, I don't see Harbhajan getting a game.
As far as New Zealand goes, they have played more T-20s than most other test sides this year, but haven't been quite consistent. Daniel Vetori is back out of retirement, though only till the T-20 WC, and his presence should make an impact, and should provide the side a greater sense of balance. Brendan McCullum is also back in the format, after being rested during the West Indies series.
Rain has been very much around and even hampered the practice sessions of both sides, and keeping that in mind it is a 7 pm IST start rather than the usual 8 pm one.

msp83

Back to top Go down

India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate Empty Re: India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate

Post by msp83 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 5:05 am

India haven't won a T-20 game against New Zealand as yet.

msp83

Back to top Go down

India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate Empty Re: India v New Zealand, First T-20I Debate

Post by msp83 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:15 am

Doesn't look good at all, its raining big time at Vizag.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:01 am

Match called off.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down