The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Technology in footbal

5 posters

Go down

Technology in footbal Empty Technology in footbal

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 1:03 pm

Their was a lively debate on the chatbox last night so thought I'd start a thread. I'm not a fan of video technology I don't see where it would end and don't think it could be done at all levels of the professional game so would be unfair. Goal line is always thought of but what if a goal was scored and they used technology to prove it was a goal but their was some sort of foul in the build up would you be able to call it? It's contentious. Remember Mexico vs Argentina at the world cup the goal was replayed on the big screens instantly and shown to be offside but the ref could do nothing.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Technology in footbal Empty Re: Technology in footbal

Post by Derbyblue Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:57 pm

I think the introduction of technology into football could be good for the game, IF done correctly. With your point of a foul in the build up to a goal this would have to be something clearly set out in the rules by the fa. The key problem with it is how to fit it in to a game? Although people say it works well in tennis, cricket, american football etc. these sports are very different to football in how they flow, they are stop and start sports where it is easy to check a video without any real disruption to the flow of the game, how do you chose when it is allowed to ask for a review? To try to cause minimum disruption to the game there should be a maximum number of reviews allowed either per game or per half. A bigger problem with it is this technology has to be able to rolled out across all professional clubs in whichever countries decide to use technology, but then should a team not be allowed to get promotion from the conference to league two just because they can't afford to put in goal line technology?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by hibbywul Tue 19 Apr 2011, 3:27 pm

The main problem with technology in the game I think is it's OK at bigger games were Sky have 30 odd cameras, but what about the smaller games were there are no cameras? Albion Rovers playing East Stirling deserves the same as manure playing Arsenal.

There are (I believe) 17 main rules in football and any changes to these rules must affect football at all levels.

A rule change will have the same effect on an under 8 game down the park as it would the World Cup final.

hibbywul

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 20 Apr 2011, 2:57 pm

I don't want video technology because once its in then you can bet that within 10 years it will be used for everything, I liken it to the slide tackle rule, tackles from behind where (rightly) outlawed but now almost every slide tackle is frowned upon, once you enforce a rule it opens the floodgates

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 3:02 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I don't want video technology because once its in then you can bet that within 10 years it will be used for everything, I liken it to the slide tackle rule, tackles from behind where (rightly) outlawed but now almost every slide tackle is frowned upon, once you enforce a rule it opens the floodgates

Agree with this. If you bring in goal-line technology it won't be long before people are calling for it to be used for penalty decisions. Then fouls. Then possible dives. Then corners & throw-ins. Then to see who the ball came off last before going out. It won't just stop at goal-line technology I guarantee it.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down