The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers*

5 posters

Go down

I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers* Empty I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers*

Post by Liam Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 pm

For the 1st time in about 3 years last night I actually decided to watch a divas match and do you know what, I really enjoyed it.

For one, I liked how Eve is playing her character. She's still a heel, but she's playing the manipulative character very well imo. She's always played that role very well.

Then, I thought she was superb in the ring. She must have done allot of hard work in recent months because since the last time she wrestler, she has improved greatly. She has a good range of moves, with the 'ground and pound' as JBL said last night and then the more athletic side to her move set.

The two put on a very enjoyable match and could have a very good feud that could actually improve the divas division, not massively but will improve it none the less.

What did everyone think of the match last night? Obviously the two are gorgeous but if they can continue to put on matches similar in quality to last night's then the divas division is heading in the right direction.

Liam

Back to top Go down

I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers* Empty Re: I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:58 am

The lack of replies to this thread sums up the Divas division...

Back to top Go down

I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers* Empty Re: I enjoyed a divas match *NOC spoilers*

Post by Hero Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 am

I didn't see NOC personally but from the reports I've heard of late there seems to a shift in the right direction underway with the divas.
Trips is very much pushing for the policy of recruiting to be wrestlers first, looks second which is opposite to what it had been for a while and why there was such a lack of talent in the division. The recruitment of Sara Del Rey is a HUGE step in the right direction for the women as it's believed she'll have an input in the training as well backstage. In FCW as well they've got several young females such as Britain's very own Britani Knight (repackaged as Paige) who Tooze & Amy have seen a huge amount of firsthand.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:46 pm

Talks cheap though, we've seen it all before with Gail kim then Kharma, we expected it to pick up, it didn't, Beth Pheonix and Nattie Niedhart need to be used properly if they want it to have any credibility

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:15 pm

beth and natalya could have been a good storyline when they were a team making the barbie dolls cry but that story went nowhere and just disappeared unfortunatly.......i doubt wwe will ever do anything meaningful with the divas division
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 pm

From memory that was going to lead to a big pay off with Kharma, she got herself pregrent, then the plan was to get Michelle McCool back and LayCool would be the pay-off, then she went and found the seed of Taker, it would have fizzled out before a decent pay-off was available

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:31 am

I found this blog post from WallsofJericho raised a decent point in regards to the diva division:

Question for WWE: if the Divas are supposed to be "smart, sexy and powerful," then why does it feel like a good three-quarters of their matches end in a rollup? Obviously, from a "realism" standpoint, there's nothing wrong with a rollup victory. Flash pins for the most part would seem to be the best way to get a victory if this wrestling stuff were real because of things like surprise and leverage. However, WWE has their own physics when it comes to what should end a match. That in and of itself is alright.

However, the flash pin is relegated to severe underdogs, chickens**t heels and people who are injured and don't have the strength to pull off their finishers. It's the inferior way to end a match, so even with all the cosmetic improvements given to the women in WWE, the agents backstage still lean on the idea that women are to be portrayed as pretty flowers who can only do the bare minimum. The same goes for the rules of any "Divas battle royale" where they don't have to go over the top rope. Oh, poor precious little bags of meat, silicone and warm holes! THEY CAN'T DO THE SAME THING MEN CAN DO.

Things aren't going to change for women in WWE until the philosophy does. Sure, it's great that WWE is getting behind the fight against breast cancer (even if it means they're getting in bed with a shady organization to say the least... then again, this is WWE), but couple that with their actions stating women are second class citizens, this festooning of the arena in and their top superstar in pink seems to me to be as empty a gesture as their ongoing participation in the BA Star campaign against bullying.

WWE can't just fake their way to doing social good. They need to make sure they don't have institutional biases against women, minorities or those considered "weak" before they can go to bat for them "for real". They can start by letting women have longer matches that don't end in flash pins all the time. Then when they start treating women as people they can have the high ground to fight a disease that kills them en masse.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Does anybody really want to see longer Diva matches though? They're notoriously short at the moment and people still complain about them. I get that may be the way they are booked, but we've had no indication that any of the Divas right now would be able to put on a good wrestling match anyway.

There are so many more things I'd rather WWE attempted to fix rather than the booking of the women's division.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down