The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10)

+23
TheMackemMawler
CJB
LeinsterFan4life
hogey
beefyboi
Union Cane
azania
crispears1
monty junior
Lance
JabMachineMK2
trottb
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
Rowley
Rodney
mobilemaster8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
captain carrantuohil
All Time Great
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10) - Page 2 Empty 606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10)

Post by All Time Great Wed 26 Sep 2012, 11:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Interesting debate hotting up recently over the British Top 10 P4P'ers. Therefore, I think it's time for the 606v2 community to decide:

It's time to vote for the 606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings.

Rules:
-Only 1 post per 606 member.
-Only active fighters allowed (must of fought in the last 18 months unless officially retired eg Ricky Hatton cannot be included)
-Outlandish listings will be DQ.
-A fighter needs two individual votes to have his points included.

Principles:
Your Top 10 should be based as at the current point in time.

Point Scoring System:
Quite simple, #1 scores 10 points, #2 scores 9 points etc… I will tally up the totals by the deadline date and will present the results.

NOTE: PLEASE TRY AND USE FULL NAMES & LIST NAMES!

I'll aim to do the results by either Friday evening or Wednesday evening pending on the number of submissions.

Thanks, as always.

Last edited by All Time Great on Thu 27 Sep 2012, 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10)

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:30 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:I'm aware of that. You, on the other hand, don't seem to be aware that a British title can be fought for by anyone holding the appropriate licence, which includes Macklin and Frampton. It is therefore reasonable for them to be included in this topic.

I may be missing something here, but your name doesn't seem especially familiar to me on the boxing boards. Perhaps I'm doing you an injustice, but you appear to have graced us with your presence this once purely to manufacture some synthetic outrage about a thread where no-one has been trying to offend anyone else. As I said, it tends to be the international rugby board where that kind of thing is noticeably popular, and I wonder if you accidentally strayed onto the wrong page.

Human being for life.
so because i havent been on the boxing thread much, i cant make a post about something that is annoying me? Wouldnt you be annoyed if another country was claiming your best fighters.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10) - Page 2 Empty Re: 606V2 BRITISH POUND FOR POUND Top 10 rankings (please submit your current top 10)

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

Feel free to be annoyed, however the debate has been had countless times and whilst it probably does not please everyone the consensus view amongst fans and regular users on here is for the purposes of such a debate British in purely boxing terms is defined as anyone who would be eligible to fight for a British title, hence why Macklin and Frampton are included, and similarly why some of us have chosen to exclude Haye, no agenda, no attempt to incite or rip up the good Friday agreement.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:38 pm

No, I wouldn't, because I don't consider myself to be defined either by my race or my nationality. I like fighters with character and ability, be they Mexican, American, British, Irish (or a mixture of the two), Thai, Japanese or Martian.

You evidently haven't bothered to read the entire thread or you would have seen the parameters that ATG has set out for it. There is nothing here that should offend or annoy anyone with an ounce of reason, intelligence or sanity. A great man once said that patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. He wasn't always right, but sometimes, there is something in it. You're clearly patriotic; I trust you don't fulfil the second part of Dr. Johnson's aphorism.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:46 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:No, I wouldn't, because I don't consider myself to be defined either by my race or my nationality. I like fighters with character and ability, be they Mexican, American, British, Irish (or a mixture of the two), Thai, Japanese or Martian.

You evidently haven't bothered to read the entire thread or you would have seen the parameters that ATG has set out for it. There is nothing here that should offend or annoy anyone with an ounce of reason, intelligence or sanity. A great man once said that patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. He wasn't always right, but sometimes, there is something in it. You're clearly patriotic; I trust you don't fulfil the second part of Dr. Johnson's aphorism.
right sure we'll leave the arguement there as you seem to be getting very annoyed for some reason. I didn't know that the arguement had already been made many times before so sorry to everyone for that.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:01 pm

1) Froch
2) Burns
3) Khan
4) Cleverly
5) Haye
6) Brook
7) Macklin
8) Frampton
9) Groves
10) Quigg

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:56 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
captain carrantuohil wrote:No, I wouldn't, because I don't consider myself to be defined either by my race or my nationality. I like fighters with character and ability, be they Mexican, American, British, Irish (or a mixture of the two), Thai, Japanese or Martian.

right sure we'll leave the arguement there as you seem to be getting very annoyed for some reason. I didn't know that the arguement had already been made many times before so sorry to everyone for that.

Good lad. Feel free to post a top 10.

Anymore for anymore? Got a very good sample now, I may do the results mid morning.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 28 Sep 2012, 12:18 am

I remember Macklin winning the English ABA title as an amateur, I think at welter?
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:11 am

LeinsterFan4life wrote:

How about you just contribute or bog-off??

Who're your top10 p4p?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:12 am

1) Carl Froch
2) Ricky Burns
3) David Haye
4) Amir Khan
5) Kell Brook
6) Nathan Cleverly
7) Brian Magee
8) Carl Frampton
9) Gavin Rees
10) Matthew Macklin

Good to see ya back ATG.... always enjoy seeing the resultsofthe rankings.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 10:19 am

Yeh, really looking forward to this set in particular.

We all know #1 but after that it's a lottery....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 28 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

1.Froch
2.Burns
3.Khan
4.Haye
5.Brook
6.Macklin
7.Cleverly
8.Groves
9.Frampton
10.Munroe

Bellew, Saunders, Afolabi all close. Fully expect Price to be on this soon - well just as soon as he actually starts fighting decent guys.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:46 pm

C'mon ATG, where're the results?!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri 28 Sep 2012, 4:48 pm

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

1 Haye
2 Froch
3 Brook
4 Burns
5 Cleverly
6 Khan
7 Macklin
8 Murray
9 Frampton
10 De Gale

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

Waingro wrote:1 Haye
2 Froch
3 Brook
4 Burns
5 Cleverly
6 Khan
7 Macklin
8 Murray
9 Frampton
10 De Gale

I'm well aware of your man crush on David Haye, Waingro. Unfortunately, the results have now been submitted and closed. Your loverboy finished in 4th place which imo tbh is a fair reflection given his results of the past two years.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:46 pm

So, is Lennox Lewis Canadian then?.... :-)

And what about "irish" Mickey Ward?

You have to wonder about some people... especially those who say Rugby doesn't have an issue. Ireland play 2 anthems before an International Rugby match...

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2