The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous

3 posters

Go down

Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous Empty Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 27 Sep 2012, 4:55 pm

Well, what a day. Played in a society game up at the Nottinghamshire course, Coxmoor, today. Fortunately, couldn't make the afternoon round which is just as well.

Some of you may have heard of it, some may have played it. I hadn't and was quite looking forward to it. Lots of people say it's a good course and it shared the British Boys this year with Hollinwell a few miles away.

So, having stumped up £42 for the priviledge of playing it, things looked good. Crystal clear morning and a nice view down the 1st fairway. Should have been forewarned when they wouldn't let us start until 10.00 even though only one members game went off between 09.00 and 10.00.

Laced a gorgeous 2-iron into A1 position and the GPS said ~158 to the centre of the slightly elevated green. Flushed an easy 8-iron and walked up expecting it to be on the right side of the green about pin high. It wasn't - the green was a sh*t temporary about 30 yards short of the proper green. Somehow got my par 4 but the steam was brewing.
The 2nd was a nice-looking par 3 but the green staff were all over it spreading sand and slicing up the surface so another sh*t temporary.
And so it went on. The greens were a disgrace, the assitant pro was downright rude and to give us all a great laugh the 18th hole was actually cut in the fairway - no attempt to be anything other than fairway.

They'd presumably planned this work months back but no-one thought to mention it when they took our money. I thank Providence I couldn't make the second round this afternoon as I've saved myself wasting more money. I'm sure the others who're playing the second round this afternoon are enjoying having a turnround so fast they can't get any of the lunch which they've paid for, all because the damned membership won't allow Societies off before 10.00 at the tail end of September despite none of the members teeing off in the hour between 09.00 and 10.00.

Well, at least I can say I've played COXmoor now. I won't be going back and I think a few letters are going to be written and sent.

If you have the chance to play it, my advice is don't or if you do, be aware of how they view your presence. Sherwood Forest and Hollinwell are better golfing challenges and they don't treat guests so obviously as muck someone has trodden in mad.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous Empty Re: Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous

Post by McLaren Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:11 pm

navy

I went and had a look on their website and noticed this piece of info;

"Course Status

27.Sep.2012 * Course Open"

No mention that there are no proper greens.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous Empty Re: Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:11 pm

Typical. Wouldn't want to compromise screwing money out of punters eh?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by shudofhita4iron Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:31 am

similair thing happened to me a few years back navy
played in at society day where they claimed the greens were slightly frozen,so we played to temps,but the greenstaff were replacing the flags onto the proper greens behind us for the members
cant remember the name of it but iwont be going back Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous 3187153522

you should of gone to beau desert Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous 2211252749

shudofhita4iron

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

shudofhita4iron wrote:...you should of gone to beau desert Coxmoor - the last four letters are superfluous 2211252749
We did earlier in the year and we'll be back there next year too Smile.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down