The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule

+5
Derbyblue
ncfc_Tooze
Fernando
Davie
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule - Page 2 Empty Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yesterday in the Aberdeen vs Celtic scottish cup final after 10 minutes Celtic were awarded a penalty and Andrew Considine of Aberdeen was sent off. Their was nothing malicious about the challenge just a trip when Hooper was going though on goal.
I don't have a problem with the referee sending off Considine he doesn't make the rules just has to implement them or he will be marked down and maybe given a game in the lower leagues next time out which they don't get paid as much for.
Although Celtic missed the penalty Aberdeen had 10 men for 80 minutes it killed the game as a spectacle.
Surely a yellow card and a penalty is punishment enough? It can totally kill games.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule - Page 2 Empty Re: Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm

The last man rule, I think the ref should allow the captain of the offended team decide if the want the goal and the player to be given a yellow or do they want a pen and the guy to be red carded

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule - Page 2 Empty Re: Last man/goal scoring opurtunity rule

Post by Ramilas1 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Liverbnz, long time no "see" as you say! .... is this where you've been exiled all this time, or just since 606 started winding down?

Yeah, the clamp down on diving is just an annual talking exercise and until we have several 2nd booking reds for it, or straight reds if I had my way for it in the penalty area, it's not going to be stopped.

Clear example on Tuesday night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caponNuihww

...... and I'm sure everybody could find any number like that from all the top teams in the Premier League!
Ramilas1
Ramilas1

Location : Warsaw, Poland; formerly Bracknell, Loughborough, Bordon, several others - and Ireland originally

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:46 pm

I agree Ramilas, until they regularly book, or send off players for diving it won't go away, and it's a shame the FA are unwilling to clamp down upon it. I think the FA should watch the games and be able to give players bans and fines if players are seen to have dived but the ref didn't pick up on it, there could also be a scale for the lengths of bans and how much the fine is depending on the number of times they've been seen diving, and what their team gained from it, for example if the ref ignored it you get a small ban and fine but if you won your team a penalty, which resulted in a player being sent off and a goal for your team you get a large ban and fine.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramilas1 Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 am

Not sure I agree with all retrospective sanctions based on video evidence, it just doesn't sit right ...... similar to some recent situations in golf, like when Padraig Harrington got disqualified a few months back because some viewer spotted his ball moving about 1 millimetre after he replaced it on the green.

Golf have now done the common sense thing and dumped that option, for all but the most serious infringements.

What football needs is to support the referees to be stronger, like in the Arsenal/Liverpool game on Sunday when all the added time Arsene Wenger complained about was actually down to his own team....

- delays taking their own penalty, spotting the ball and complaining about players encroaching
- Van Persie delaying the re-start, taking off his shirt to cause a booking
- delays to Liverpool taking their free kick by the Arsenal defenders refusing to go back the 10 yards

Andre Marriner was pretty much spot on with extending the original 8 minutes to 12 and a half, and the FA should have made a highlight of that by producing the timing details from the video and dismissing the complaint.

The one piece of later justice I would support is the intimidation of the referee himself ...... back again to that Tuesday night game; a correct decision by Lee Probert, I believe, to book Hernandez for diving, but in the excitement after he made the decision he clearly did not notice Wayne Rooney twice making contact, with his shoulder then his arm, which should have been punished. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caponNuihww

As before, I'm not picking on Man Utd or Arsenal here, but they are the most recent obvious examples; and I'm sure most of us could trawl back to quote similar situations involving all the top teams in the Premier League.
Ramilas1
Ramilas1

Location : Warsaw, Poland; formerly Bracknell, Loughborough, Bordon, several others - and Ireland originally

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:14 pm

I can see why it may be thought to be going to far, but I think unless the FA actually start cracking down on it it will never go away. I do accept this could be done in other ways, for example just making it a definite booking, the problem is when a player is running at full speed the slightest touch can send them over, this isn't always diving or over reacting sometimes the players momentum can be enough to make them go down.

I think the issues with extra time would be solved if the clock stopped when the play stopped, or the FA actually punished managers for comments made about referees. They really don't seem to care about their respect the ref campaign it seems it was just so they can say "We've given the refs the powers to book players for foul and abusive behaviour towards them" but they won't help back it up.

I think the issue with booking Hernandez is he then has to have booked Nani and arguably booked Lovenkrands too, if your going to book for diving be consistent.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:13 pm

But everytime it's a penalty claim it doesn't need to be a penalty or a dive it could be a good tackle.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2