The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will win Barcelona Open ?

5 posters

Go down

Barcelona Open to be won by.....?

Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_lcap89%Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]
Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_lcap0%Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_lcap11%Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_lcap0%Who will win Barcelona Open ? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Who will win Barcelona Open ? Empty Who will win Barcelona Open ?

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 5:58 pm

According to the latest seedings, who do you think will win the Barca Open trophy this year ???

Nadal looks like he will cakewalk it, but some of you expect an upset, who is capable of pulling of a surprise defeat for the King of Clay ?

Well, Murray is out by choice,so Gasquet makes it into the list as the No9 seed. I've made the poll reversible so you can re-vote if you want, for the next 24hrs.

Last edited by Jubbahey on Fri 22 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Who will win Barcelona Open ? Empty Re: Who will win Barcelona Open ?

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

You know something, I fancy a fiver on Murray, only if his elbow lasts the week though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:28 pm

I don't, regardless of his elbow situation. He's surrounded by the best guys on the stuff.

That said, I think Nadal's looked very weary, and perhaps he'll fall this week where it matters least. In that case, I therefor nominate the second best clay courter out there; the Sod. He's fresh, he'll be raring to go and he's bloody good on clay.

EDIT: It's worth pointing out that these lads will be competing for the Barcelona Open, not the Barcalona Open. Whistle laughing

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:26 pm

I'd like some clafirication on the Verdasco issue so I can finish my points Spy stuff for Barcelona (also pending an e-mail response from the ATP). Did Verdasco pull out of Barcelona, or was he not in the acceptance list to begin with? Because it's the difference between getting and not getting a zero pointer, that's all! Wink

PS. Verdasco fans beware; another big fall this week. Sad

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:21 pm

Duly noted and edited the spelling errata, thanks TITN, sorry...SMAL.

As for Nando..

"Verdasco upset with Barcelona Open officials"

Its all a bit confusing, he's the defending champ and they didnt have a wildcard for him. They expected him to play round one from the off.

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=11329&zoneid=25

Very strange attitude, is this normal for an open tournament to make the winner from last year play all the rounds ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011, 5:53 pm

So Murray is out through injury, that makes Gasquet a new entry as the 9th seed.

shame, I was looking forward to seeing Andy play another few clay matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:12 pm

Glad Andy's withdrawn from Barcelona - he needs to protect
that elbow from further injury Very Happy

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:03 pm

I'd like some clafirication on the Verdasco issue so I can finish my points Spy stuff for Barcelona (also pending an e-mail response from the ATP). Did Verdasco pull out of Barcelona, or was he not in the acceptance list to begin with?

Steath .. according to this the organisers of the tournament believe they acted correctly in that according to ATP rulings, they had to publish their listing and Fer had not signed in. Equally, it does state they left open a wild card for him.

There's all kind of rumours that he wasn't offered the same kind of money as Tsonga etc. but who knows? So silly of Nando as I fear his career is in free-fall. Daft lad.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:38 am

I have to agree Not the wisest decision by Nando if he did pull out but he is, as much as I like him, a temperemental so and so at times. He is hardly in the best position at the moment to make things awkward for himself. Neither is he in the best form physically anyway I think he is still nursing that foot problem. As Wooffie says.. silly boy. Shocked

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

I like Nando's game and it would be a shame if he didn't have much left in the tank. The semi at AO 2009 with him and Nadal was easily one of the ten best matches in recent memories. I love that big left forehand of his and hope to see a few more crackers before it is all said and done.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down