The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time.

+8
Lex-Express
legendkillar
Derbyblue
Kay Fabe
theundisputedY2D2
Adam D
Brady12
greggschickenbake
12 posters

Go down

The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time. Empty The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time.

Post by greggschickenbake Mon 18 Apr 2011, 6:39 pm

Since the beginning of wrestling time, there's always been gimmicks that fans have looked at and gone; "Erm...what...is...that?"Erm

I have 3 nominations, all WCW creations.

Firstly, we have the 'Yeti', a mystical creature who aligned with the 'Dungeon of Doom'. A creature carved from ice who's mission was to destroy (and later hump) Hulkamania. The Yeti thankfully only appeared twice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MewmqIedokE

You've really got to feel sorry for Ron Reis. He firstly gets given the 'Yeti' gig and then WCW try to repackage him as the 'Super Giant Ninja'. I truly feel for the guy. The Ninja thankfully only appeared twice before being kicked out of the door. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZSUNVyW6-w

Finally, we have 'THE SHOCKMASTER'. If the 'botch' entrance wasn't enough, look at the guy. Some small chubby man with a rug over his chest and a stormtrooper helmet with glitter on his head. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CL28vgE4U

Truly, the worst gimmick I've seen and I've seen Oz (Potrayed by Kevin Nash) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSH7fKcsOHE

What do you feel are the most ridiculous gimmicks ever created?

greggschickenbake

Back to top Go down

The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time. Empty Re: The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time.

Post by Brady12 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:37 pm

Jim Herds gimmicks were awful in WCW... Ding Dongs & Hunchbacks were terrible tag teams...

In WWF at the time you had Bastion Booger, Mantar, Max Moon, Big Bully Busick & damien Damento to name just a few...

Brady12

Back to top Go down

The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time. Empty Re: The most ridiculous gimmicks of all time.

Post by Adam D Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:45 pm

How about this gem?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6m5e3_arachnaman-vs-steve-austin_sport

I have no idea who they were trying to rip off with Arachnaman? Thor? Hulk? Batman? Nope....still no idea.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:05 pm

Turning the One Man Gang - who was truly awful - into 'Akeem the African Dream' was........trulier awfuler.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:08 pm

ECW Zombie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:12 pm

Great shout undisputed! That was just plain ridiculous

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:12 pm

King Beer wrote:ECW Zombie.

How frikkin' dare you!

The ECW Zombie was the best gimmick ever! You are only saying that cos you know he is my favourite!

The story behind it is that the SciFi channel wanted more science fiction on the show (that was the channel it was aired on) so as a fingers p to the network, Vince decided on debuting the Zombie. This is why Vince is a genius!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:14 pm

Hobo wrote:

How frikkin' dare you!

The ECW Zombie was the best gimmick ever! You are only saying that cos you know he is my favourite!

The story behind it is that the SciFi channel wanted more science fiction on the show (that was the channel it was aired on) so as a fingers p to the network, Vince decided on debuting the Zombie. This is why Vince is a genius!

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:30 pm

I liked Akeem, I thought he was a good big man in a time when a lot of big guys where good, The Mountie was a monunental failure

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:37 pm

Hobo wrote:

How frikkin' dare you!

What I love about this whole deal is that it was originally supposed to be 'the Martian' but WWE then changed their minds when they felt it would be too obvious to the SciFi bigiwgs so instead they came up with the Zombie! laughing

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:13 pm

What about curry man, shark boy and super eric? Or Eric Young during his time when he was scared of the entrance pyro?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:27 am

Hobo wrote:How about this gem?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6m5e3_arachnaman-vs-steve-austin_sport

I have no idea who they were trying to rip off with Arachnaman? Thor? Hulk? Batman? Nope....still no idea.

from the commentary:

Rick Rude: Whats the deal with Arachnaman?
Jim Ross: I have no idea - all I know is that he is from Web City

Priceless!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:52 am

The Red Rooster was abysmal, especially when you consider that Terry Taylor was a damn fine worker and big things were expected of him.

Giant Gonzalez. Although the muscle suit was awesome. If John Cena wore a muscle suit he'd be bigger than Hogan, Austin and the Rock COMBINED!

The Booty Man. Ed Leslie's 348th gimmick of his career, had cut outs in his tights to show off his ass. It was like Billy Gunn showing off his thong in his see through mesh shorts. Only somehow worse.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:36 am

Surely Isaac Yankem DDS!!

The Patriot - Where is he now?

Mr America - Hulk Hogan

The Right To Sensor

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:02 am

legendkillar wrote:

The Right To Sensor

they were a great gimmick faction - completely disagree with you on that one legenkillar.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:06 am

Hobo wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

The Right To Sensor

they were a great gimmick faction - completely disagree with you on that one legenkillar.

Good god no. Stevie Richards was wasted with that gimmick. He goes from ECW to that? The entrance was annoying with that siren. So no I do not think it was a great gimmick at all.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

Black Reign. That was poor.

Just saw Jim Herd mentioned there, man he was full of rudey poo ideas. Although I wish they'd followed through on his idea for Ric Flair to cut his hair, get an earring put in and call himself Spartacus.

"I'm Spartacus!"

"WOW! THAT'S MY LINE!"

"I'm Spartacus!"

"MY LINE!"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:29 pm

EXCUSE ME!

The patriot....seriously!

The patriot Del Wilkes was/is one of my favourites of all time
I nearly cried when he didnt win the strap against Bret Hart at IYH: Ground Zero

He used Kurt Angle's 'you suck' music, long before kurt angle even laced up his boots

Boogeyman, Repo man, the original Mvp, Glacier, Mortis, Bastion booger, Sparky T.plugg = bad gimmicks

The Patriot = 2nd best gimmick ever after the Lex Express obviously

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:37 pm

Right To Censor was a fantastic gimmick, they just needed a genuine top level name to make it work rather than Stevie Richards (who i rated) Bret Hart would have been great in that role due to him hating the way the Biz was going

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:44 pm

Imagine Right to Censor nowadays.

The siren goes off, they walk out onto the ramp.

Stevie: Erm is there anything left to censor?

The Goodfather: No, bloods gone, headshots gone, sex gone, they can't even call it wrestling anymore.

Stevie: jeez I didn't want to take it that far!

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:53 pm

Lex-Express wrote:EXCUSE ME!

The patriot....seriously!

The patriot Del Wilkes was/is one of my favourites of all time
I nearly cried when he didnt win the strap against Bret Hart at IYH: Ground Zero

He used Kurt Angle's 'you suck' music, long before kurt angle even laced up his boots

Boogeyman, Repo man, the original Mvp, Glacier, Mortis, Bastion booger, Sparky T.plugg = bad gimmicks

The Patriot = 2nd best gimmick ever after the Lex Express obviously

The 2nd best gimmick ever was Skinner!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 19 Apr 2011, 2:04 pm

Tony Atlas as Saba Simba.

Rikishi as The Sultan.

LOD using a ventriloquist's dummy.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Apr 2011, 2:22 pm

Mordeqai!

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Tue 19 Apr 2011, 5:10 pm

Hector Guerrero, in his Gobbledygooker gimmick. They teased it for months before Survivor Series with a huge egg, the Gobbledygooker hatches, and....

Tumbleweed blows through the stadium.

Dropped immediately after VKM smelt how badly the audience farted on the idea.

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUnknownOne. Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:03 pm

I'm the Bogeyman and i'm coming to get cha....

TheUnknownOne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:01 pm

The Body Donnas were the worst, thank god for Sunny though!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down