The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incident between vince and top star

+13
Fernando
JamesLincs
Kay Fabe
UpsideDownFace
Liam
Bull
Crimey
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Amy
Beer
MetalMotty
nasisillmatic
Korankye88
17 posters

Go down

Incident between vince and top star Empty Incident between vince and top star

Post by Korankye88 Tue 09 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

- As we have noted, Vince McMahon was upset at last night's RAW and told the writers that he needs results now or he needs resignations. The scene was described as frightening in terms of Vince's tone and demeanor. Besides pressure from NBC Universal to fix the ratings, it's said that last week's 2.5 rating was a big slap in the face to Vince after a number of top talents voiced their concern to him.

A number of top talents have reportedly gone to Vince in recent weeks to complain about how the writing is bad and change is needed. At last week's RAW, Vince was in a bad mood after having a back-and-forth with one of the top talents in front of other people.

We have not been able to confirm who the top talent was but they basically told Vince in front of other people that the WWE writing sucks, that Vince is doing whatever he wants and that WWE is going off a cliff without anything being done about it. The talent then told Vince that he needs to listen to everyone else because he doesn't have his finger on WWE's pulse anymore, basically telling Vince that he's out of touch. The talent told Vince that when WWE goes to "hell in a handbasket" then it will be all Vince's fault.

Apparently several other people got through to Vince during the week and these factors played a big part in the changes made at RAW last night. As noted, expect to hear about more changes in the next few weeks.

courtesy of nodq.com

Who do we think the top talent was?

My money is on punk!
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Incident between vince and top star Empty Re: Incident between vince and top star

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

All roads lead to Punk for me. The way he has been portrayed lately is just your typical run of the mill heel.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Incident between vince and top star Empty Re: Incident between vince and top star

Post by MetalMotty Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

I would say Punk also, he been in TNA, ROH and indy scene aswell as WWE for a good number of years so knows what is good and bad stories. Also feel he is in right place now to say something to Vince.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:16 pm

This explains why Gerwitz was sacked then.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

It's about time things change, I'm sick of the lack of good well thought out storylines. It seems Vince thinks the way to get ratings is to shove social media, fan interaction, Raw active, social ambassador crap down our throats.

I may only speak for myself but I've never been a fan of voting for match stipulations etc, it takes away from the actual build up of a match and appears lazy.

The only thing keeping me watching these past few months is CM Punk, that is a sad state of affairs with all the talent they have.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

Is it really poor writing or just a combination of things?

Linda and her campaign is certainly restricting the maturity of the storylines being written.

Also has the same watered down product just old and reeks of urine!

For me they have allowed the top card to literally breakaway from the mid-card. There is no depth in the quality of storylines in the mid-card. The Tag Team division died and it is only now that they are trying to revive the product.

Where does HHH's involvement backstage lie as it seems he wanted to things on track and it seems to have gone quiet. The old re-hash of storylines gone by is cack. Ryback and the streak. It has been done before and recently in TNA with Crimson. I mean geesh give him a US Title run or Intercontentinental Title run before trying to put him up with Punk/Cena.

A lot of what they do is out of desparation. The only gem of an entertainer in the WWE is Daniel Bryan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Tue 09 Oct 2012, 3:55 pm

I think Heyman will have some writing responsiblity now as well as on screen character

(He wrote the WWE 13 attitude era story mode apparently)

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 09 Oct 2012, 4:02 pm

Apparently this was Heath Slater.

That's ballsy.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 09 Oct 2012, 4:04 pm

Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

I doubt it's Cena, it could be Punk, but my money is on Randy Orton. Not only has Orton been outspoken in the past, but he's also got an ulterior motive because he's slipping down the card.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:15 pm

Orton or Punk , cant see it being Cena possibly The Miz?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:18 pm

I don't The Miz is big enough to hit out, he's going down the Cena route to get to the top and something like this just wouldn't do it. Cena won't have been the guy.

I can only see it being Orton or Punk.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 09 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Seriously why has Orton not been introduced into the WHC scene. They have the Big Show coming back in for Sheamus and unlike others I believe once again, it gives Sheamus very little credibility. Either way it goes, whether he get's the hell beaten out of him by the Big Show and wins, or just about wins, the fact is he WILL win.

A feud with Orton gives him a star name to feud with and gives Orton his time back in the spot light and for me, Orton with the title around his waist increases the profile of whatever title he's holding, especially the WHC and SD in general.

Anyway I'm glad someone has finally spoken up because let's be honest, WWE writing wise is pretty awful atm. All this social media stuff I don't care, its irrelevant and doesn't add anything to the show for me. Bring back storylines, meaningful feuds, the ODD swerve and bring back brand identity, I don't want to see Orton and Sheamus and other SD stars on Raw. I used to love watching Raw and thinking 'Yes SD on Friday, wonder what will happen with...'.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

I always take things with a pinch of salt when it is a "talent" that has done something and not an actual name. If it were true I wouldn't jump on the Punk bandwagon. What reason.would he have to say anything? He has been ticking along nicely and I can't really see a definitive reason as to why he would question things.

I'd put money on Orton as he does have reason to question things. I'm sure he'd rather be in the title picture than in a movie.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:03 pm

Sounds like an Orton thing, he's one of the very few who have the balls to say what's on his mind when its actually on his mind!

Punk will be a lot of peoples choice here but he'll hang himself out to dry if he as the World Champion is highlighting the lack of ratings

Orton for me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:34 pm

any chance d bry?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:35 pm

I doubt he'd get fired on the spot for doing that

Only Orton/Cena/Taker/HHH and Punk could get away with it tbh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 10 Oct 2012, 9:37 am

It's got be Orton or Punk who had the blow up with Vince, can't decide between them because although Orton would have more reason (in his mind anyway) to have a go at Vince, the whole 'telling Vince he's out of touch' thing reeks of CM Punk.

I'm wondering more about who the "number of top talents" who've been to see Vince to complain about the quality of writing. Who could they be?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:06 pm

Hornswoggle, voice of the voiceless LOL

I have to go with Orton here. Everyone knows he’s not happy with his role as a face. I really see it being him.

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:15 pm

it's old news, but i see no answer.
it was Del Rio who uttered the "hell in a handbasket" line to Vince.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:40 pm

With recent storylines, i would say this is either Punk or Heyman.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 24 Oct 2012, 4:58 pm

nah, it WAS Del Rio. he even admitted it, although he said it was taken way out of context. it was him, cena, i think orton, one of creative and vince. it wasn't in front of the entire locker room, just those 5 guys discussing stuff.

if I could find the link i'd put it up but it was a couple of weeks back now.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:01 pm

KV, Howdy

It never is to be honest, they always love their one liners to get you to read a news story.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 24 Oct 2012, 5:09 pm

hey Bret!

It was certainly miss-reported. if it was true it would've been very unprofessional, even from a Cena.

My guess is that Vince was chatting to his two top guys, maybe Gerwitz or another head writer and Del Rio. On paper, sure we'd say why Del Rio? But behind the scenes, who knows? Maybe he's a smart guy, maybe he's a locker room leader, maybe Vince was interested in his input because he's been around a while. Whatever the reason, it was those 5 guys having a conversation that got leaked and sprinkled with sugar for the IWC to lap up.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 05 Nov 2012, 3:51 pm

According to reports on most wrestling sites now It was a Mr John Cena that had the word with Vince OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down