The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice!

+24
GSC
Beer
Bull
nasisillmatic
MIG
JJJohnson
Crimey
sodhat
Mr H
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
Liam
Marky
NickisBHAFC
MtotheC
Stonee21
Don Caboose
JamesLincs
theundisputedY2D2
leslie case
Kay Fabe
Mr Video Man
Fernando
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice! - Page 2 Empty WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice!

Post by Fernando Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Tonight's WWE RAW opens with a look at last week where Ryback appeared during the CM Punk vs. Vince McMahon fight. We go to the normal RAW opening video.

- We're live from Nashville, Tennessee with Michael Cole and Jim Ross. Ross hypes CM Punk's big decision for later tonight.

- We go to the ring and out comes Big Show. Show gets boo'd as he talks about the debate from two weeks ago. Show says Booker T and Sheamus just wanted to make him look foolish. Show talks about the Brogue Kick and shows us footage from RAW last week where Show caught the Brogue and dumped Sheamus out of the ring. Show goes on and says he wants Daniel Bryan right now. He wants to fix the whole 45 second thing. Show waits for Bryan to come out. We see Bryan, Kane, R-Truth, Zack Ryder and many others backstage watching. Bryan says he's not going out there. AJ Lee appears and orders him out there. Kane laughs at him Bryan yells no but makes his way out anyway.

Big Show vs. Daniel Bryan

Show strikes first and takes control. Bryan comes back with kicks but Show shoves him over the top rope. Big Show follows him out as we go to commercial.

Back from the break and Show applies a bearhug. During the break we see Bryan got hit with a big spear. Bryan makes a comeback with kicks and a double dropkick in the corner. And another. Bryan goes to the top but Show grabs him and hits a chokeslam for the win.

Winner: Big Show

- After the match, the pyro goes off and out comes Kane. Show goes for a big punch on Bryan but Kane steps in the way. Show exits the ring and the crowd boo's.

- More hype for CM Punk's announcement. Back to break.

- Back from the break and Paul Heyman is in the ring with the WWE Title. There's also a stand that is covered up for now, likely holding the photo of Punk's opponent. Heyman puts over Punk and introduces him. Out comes Punk.

Punk talks about how he will put people down if they disrespect him. Punk brings up the fight with Vince McMahon last week. Punk brags about smacking Vince in the face. Punk says Vince put up a fight later but it was sad. Punk says we will never see Vince compete again and for that, you can thank him. Punk shows us the Hell In a Cell poster where he's dressed as the devil. Punk says that's what everyone thinks of him. Punk brings up Ryback and John Cena. Punk stalls and says he's not ready to reveal his answer. Vince McMahon's music hits and out he comes.

Vince says Punk just blew it. Now Vince will be making the decision. Vince says there will be a contract signing later tonight and right before that, Vince will make the big announcement. Vince says Punk's fate is now in his hands and tells Punk to respect that. Punk complains to Heyman as Vince's music hits.

- Still to come tonight, Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus in a rematch from last week. Back to commercial.

Brodus Clay vs. Alberto Del Rio

Back from the break and out comes Alberto Del Rio. Clay starts the match and takes control. Clay sends Del Rio out to the floor with a big shoulder. Del Rio comes back in and goes to work on the arm. Clay turns it back around and hits another big headbutt. Clay misses the splash in the corner and Del Rio kicks him in the head. Del Rio with the armbar for the win.

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

- Heyman and Punk are having words backstage. Punk wants to fight Vince again this week. Punk sends Heyman off to give Vince the message.

Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil

We go to the ring and out comes Santino Marella and Zack Ryder before commercial.

Back from the break and Darren Young is in control of Santino. Titus comes in but Santino makes the tag to Ryder. Ryder unloads on Titus. Ryder with a knees to the chest and a missile dropkick from the corner. Ryder hits the Broski Boot for a 2 count. Santino comes in but Young drops him with knees to the gut. Ryder takes out Young but Titus powerbombs him for the quick win.

Winners: Darren Young and Titus O'Neil

- After the match, Heath Slater runs out with Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal. They dump Santino and beat down Ryder before tossing him also. They each have a generic line for the mic and Slater says their name is 3MB.

- Back from the break and we see Vince McMahon's appearance from earlier.

- Vickie Guerrero comes out to the stage with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has something important to say and he complains about Ryback being up for a title shot on his way to the ring. Ziggler says Ryback is a flash in the pan and soon we won't even remember his name. Ziggler says he will still be here. Ziggler says if anyone deserves a WWE Title match, it's him. Ziggler says he wants Punk at Hell In a Cell so he can win both titles in the same night. David Otunga comes out and agrees about Ryback. Otunga heads to the ring and says Ziggler doesn't deserve a shot either. Otunga says it's time he gets his title shot. Otunga takes a shot at Vickie. AJ Lee's music hits and out comes the General Manager. AJ makes Otunga and Ziggler vs. Ryback and here he comes.

Ryback vs. David Otunga and Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler starts the match as the crowd chants "feed me more." Ziggler hits a dropkick but Ryback comes right back with a huge clothesline. Ziggler tags out and Otunga comes in but Ryback scoops him on his back for a big atomic drop. Ryback stares Ziggler down. Ziggler drops from the apron and heads up the ramp with Vickie. Ryback grabs Otunga and nails Shellshocked for the easy win.

Winner: Ryback

- Vince McMahon is backstage on the phone when Heyman walks in. Heyman gives props to Vince for last week's performance and brings up Punk's challenge for a rematch tonight. Heyman proposes if Punk wins, he gets to pick his opponent for Hell In a Cell. Vince agrees but adds that the match would be against Heyman, not Punk. Heyman says no and Vince tells him to get out of his sight. Vince smiles and says he loves being him.

- AJ is walking backstage when Matt Striker walks up. He brings up Kane and Daniel Bryan attacking him on SmackDown. He won't go to the Board of Directors but he wants an apology. AJ laughs and says Striker should ask for an apology... right after his match with Kane. Back to commercial.

Antonio Cesaro vs. Justin Gabriel

Justin Gabriel waits in the ring as WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro makes his way out. They lock up and trade holds. Cesaro with a big clothesline and a stomp. Cesaro beats Gabriel down in the corner now. Cesaro drops Gabriel on top of the turnbuckle and knees him in the gut.

Cesaro keeps control of the match and hits a big gutbuster. Cesaro keeps Gabriel grounded on the mat now. Gabriel tries to make a comeback and hits an inverted DDT out of the corner. Gabriel goes back up and hits the 450 but Cesaro gets his foot on the bottom rope to break the pin. Gabriel springboards in but Cesaro nails him on the way down with the big uppercut. Cesaro hits the Neutralizer for the win.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

- Still to come tonight, the contract signing for Hell In a Cell. Back to commercial.

Matt Striker vs. Kane

Back from the break and Matt Striker is in the ring dressed to wrestle. Out comes his opponent one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane.

Striker takes a mic and pleads with Kane. Striker says he's a broadcaster now and not a competitor. Striker just wants an apology. Striker brings up therapy and Dr. Shelby. Kane approaches Striker and wants to hug. They hug it out and Striker goes to leave but Kane stops him. They hug some more. Kane snaps and turns it into a crazy bearhug. Kane chokeslams Striker and covers him for the win.

Winner: Kane

- After the match, Kane sits down beside Striker and tries to interview him. Kane yells about how he is the tag team champions and leaves.

- Still to come tonight, Eve vs. Layla with the Divas Title on the line.

- We see footage from last week where The Miz and Kofi Kingston talked with Larry King and his wife. Kofi will be a guest on MizTV tonight. Back to commercial.

- Back from the break and the ring is set up for MizTV. Miz talks about how Kofi Kingston challenged him on Main Events and calls him out. Here comes Kofi in a suit.

They go back and forth on the mic. Kofi says he will beat Miz on Wednesday's Main Event to become the new Intercontinental Champion. Kofi says it will be must see. Kofi proposes a match between the two tonight. Miz accepts and rips into Kofi some more. Kofi tackles Miz and beats him out of the ring.

- Still to come is Sheamus vs. Barrett. Back to commercial.

Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett

Out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus for a rematch from last week's RAW. Out next comes Wade Barrett. They lock up and go to the corner before trading holds.

More back and forth action. Sheamus with a big clothesline. Barrett blocks the forearm shots on the apron and fights his way back in. Barrett mounts Sheamus with right hands. Barrett with a big pumphandle slam for a 2 count. Barrett ends up on the floor. Sheamus leaps out after him and takes Barrett out. Big Show's music hits and here he comes.

Show comes out with a chair as we go to commercial.

Back from the break and Sheamus is in control as Show looks on from the stage. Barrett gets hung up on the top rope and beat to the floor. Sheamus follows and whips Barrett over the steel steps. Another block. Sheamus fights his way in the ring but Barrett kicks him right back to the floor. Sheamus makes it back in the ring but Barrett stomps away. Barrett with a big knee to the gut and another. Barrett with a big forearm to the chest and more knees to the head. Barrett boots Sheamus with a big kick to the face.

Barrett works Sheamus over on the floor and brings it back in the ring for a pin attempt. Sheamus makes a comeback and drops Barrett with a backbreaker. Sheamus goes on and hits a powerslam for 2. Sheamus with the forearms from the apron now. Sheamus suplexes Barrett back in and covers for 2. Barrett turns it around and hits the big elbow to the heart for a 2 count. Sheamus blocks Wasteland but gets hit by Winds of Change. 2 count for Barrett. Sheamus fights back and goes for the Cloverleaf, locking it in. Show approaches the ring for a distraction. Sheamus blocks a shot and goes for White Noise on Barrett but it's blocked. Show pulls down the rope and Sheamus tumbles to the floor for the DQ.

Winner by DQ: Sheamus

- After the bell, Sheamus lays out Barrett with a Brogue Kick and sends Show flying over the top rope.

- Vince is backstage talking to someone on the phone. John Cena walks in to a big pop from the crowd. Vince has the doctors prognosis but wants to hear it from Cena. Cena says he has felt better but he has felt worse. Cena says he belongs out there and if Vince picks him, he will do what he does.

WWE Divas Title Match: Layla vs. Eve Torres

We go to the ring and out comes WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres. We go to commercial.

Back from the break and Layla is out for her rematch. They lock up and go to the mat and back to their feet before breaking. They shove each other and Eve with a kick. Eve takes Layla down with a headlock now. Eve works on the arm now. Eve tosses her to the floor and brings it back in for a 2 count. Layla finally makes a comeback for a 2 count. More back and forth action. Eve gets the pin but Layla's foot was on the bottom rope. Eve kicked the leg off but it appears we have another storyline finish.

Winner: Eve Torres

- We see footage of Stephanie McMahon at the Social Good Summit in New York City last week. They talk about WWE's partnership with Nothing But Nets.

- Still to come, Vince McMahon's announcement. Back to commercial.

- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage talking. Bryan proposes that Kane face Big Show on next week's RAW.

- Vince is in his office with Ryback. Vince thanks Ryback for helping him last week. Vince asks if Ryback realizes what people are saying about him - that he's heartless and cold blooded, unstoppable and king of the mountain. Ryback just stares straight ahead. He turns, looks at Vince and says, "feed me Punk." Ryback walks off.

Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs.

We go to the ring and out comes Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. This match was supposed to be Rhodes Scholars vs. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara but Rey is out sick, Cole says. We go to commercial.

We see footage of Slater, McIntyre and Mahal crashing a show at a local bar in Nashville. Security ends up forcing them out as the match starts. Rosa Mendes looks on from ringside. Sandow and Rhodes have to go to the floor early on to regroup. Cody starts off with Primo and they go back and forth. Primo with a quick pin attempt. The end comes when Sandow hits his neckbreaker on Epico.

Winners: Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes

Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz

Back from the break and both men are already in the ring. We see footage from MizTV earlier tonight. Kofi strikes first and takes Miz to the corner. Kofi sends Miz out to the floor and clotheslines him. Kofi brings it back in the ring and springboards in. Kofi with a big dropkick and a kick to the gut several times. Miz turns it around and nails a big clothesline.

Miz keeps control and clotheslines him in the corner. Miz goes to the top and comes crashing down for a 2 count. Miz with a headlock now. More back and forth. The end comes when Kofi connects with a big Trouble in Paradise for the win.

Winner: Kofi Kingston

- After the match, The Miz is bleeding so a trainer comes in to take care of him.

- Vince is shown walking backstage as we go to commercial.

Vince brings WWE Champion CM Punk out first and Paul Heyman comes with him. Vince brings Ryback out next and finally John Cena. Vince talks about making the decision but Punk cuts him off and calls him an egomaniac. Punk goes ahead and signs the Hell In a Cell contract. Punk says he will break whichever man Vince picks for him. Vince says if Punk would have answered Cena's challenge weeks back then they wouldn't even be standing here. Punk goes on and Cena cuts him off. Vince goes to make his announcement but Cena cuts him off. Cena wonders if Ryback even cares about the WWE Title or does he just want to beat some one. Cena whips Punk and says right now Punk needs to get his ass whipped. Cena gets the fans to chant "feed me more" and this gets Ryback hype. Ryback signs the Hell In a Cell contract and Vince makes it official - Ryback vs. Punk for the WWE Title at Hell In a Cell. They have words over the table as the crowd chants for Ryback. Ryback slams Punk's face hard into the table. Ryback tosses the table and chants with the fans. Ryback picks Punk up, marches around with him and lays him out. RAW goes off the air with everyone chanting "feed me more."

Source: Nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice! - Page 2 Empty Re: WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice!

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:20 pm

AntLord wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:There's no chance Taker will go up against Ryback, Ryback is still green as grass and there is no-way Taker will be able to go 15 minutes with a guy who only knows how to hit hard

That's what I said!

Was it?

Well in that case can I just say that I totally disagree with what I just said, it'd be utterly foolish to do anything other than put Taker in with Ryback, this must now happen!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice! - Page 2 Empty Re: WWE raw results - CM Punk makes his choice!

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:23 pm

JamesLincs wrote:i think if it is to be punk, he'll have to lose the title as soon as possible so that he isnt going into mania on the back of the biggest defeat in a feud, of his career

That's another thing to consider isn't it, if he faces Taker at Mania he'd have lost to Rock at the Rumble, he'd lose in the Chamber and then he'd be going into Mania to lose to big Mean Mark

You're talking about a guy who'd be World Champion for 14 months going on a 3 month losing streak, it's a bit senseless

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

By time Mania comes around I expect Ryback to be in the process of feuding with a monster type character, like Kane or Big Show to demonstrate some massive feat of strength.

I can't think off the top of my head how I would book Punk/Taker but I will think on it and get back to you.

There was word that WWE is wanting to sign Brock for another year, could we be overlooking the possibility of Brock Lesnar in the WWE Title match at Mania?.

It was almost six months ago now but the early plan was to have Rock vs Brock as the main event. But I don't see that happening now.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

JamesLincs wrote:
Mr H wrote:CM Punk desperately needs a Wrestlemania 'moment'. Facing Steve Austin would do it. I just dont think it'll be next year. The references Punk has made and the interview they done was apparently just to hype the WWE13 video game.

Rumble to Mania is the only time of year ive really paid much interest probably for the last 3 years.

i think its crazy to just assume itll only be for the game, youve got 2 men from different eras with similar characters and the whole world wants to see it. no better time than mania in april?? its all relevant to now, with the problems with ratings and everyone being sick of pg

Dont get me wrong i'd 100% absolutely love to see it, id mark like a schoolboy, but im just not buying into it at the moment. If somehow they had Austin, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Triple H, CM Punk and John Cena all on the same card it would be the best Wrestlemania card for a long long time.

I'd like to see Punk continue to make references about Austin in the months to come. Things like 'thats the bottom line cos CM Punk said so' and 'Punk 3:16 says i just whooped your ass'. At some point we here the glass smash, crowd goes nuts, but the music cuts off and Punk is laughing as he played us all. Eventually though Austin does appear and the fued begins.

Again, i'd love it, but i'd be massively suprised.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:32 pm

JJJohnson wrote:By time Mania comes around I expect Ryback to be in the process of feuding with a monster type character, like Kane or Big Show to demonstrate some massive feat of strength.

I can't think off the top of my head how I would book Punk/Taker but I will think on it and get back to you.

There was word that WWE is wanting to sign Brock for another year, could we be overlooking the possibility of Brock Lesnar in the WWE Title match at Mania?.

It was almost six months ago now but the early plan was to have Rock vs Brock as the main event. But I don't see that happening now.

Rumours and creative plans will change a hundred times between now and Mania. Only a fool would predict with 100% confidence what the card will be. Rock, Brock, Cena, Punk, Taker, HHH are your big 6 for Mania. One way or another they'll all be involved in the marquee matches.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:34 pm

JJJ I wasn't asking you to book it mate, what I'm saying is that I can't make the connection between the two at this moment in time, when you say its more likely by the week I just can't see why, was wondering what exactly it was that makes you think it becomes increasingly more likely

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

I do agree though that Big Show would be perfect for Ryback, Show isn't a guy I want near the main table but he's a credible guy to put up against someone you want to make a name

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

I'd love Brock to sign for another year with WWE. I think I actually prefer him over The Rock and SCSA as for me he is just the complete wrestler/athlete there is. Also, he doesn't to be good on the mic because he is an animal in the ring. Would love to see him take the streak as it would be for me, more realistic than Triple or HBK taking it as he is a legitimate MMA fighter.

Would also love him in a title match at Mania but can't see it happening. Punk-Austin may happen this year, they're clearly building up to it and I don't think WWE will want to wait another year as at this moment, everything is just about perfect for an Austin/Punk feud.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

Surely its because of the respect thing. Undertaker comes out and says to Punk, you want respect? Face me at Mania for my streak. Beat me, then you will get the respect you want. etc etc

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:40 pm

The reason it seems more likely to me is the "respect" attitude, but that may just be me.

Cena is almost destined to be lined up with The Rock again so that leaves you with Punk, the second biggest name around, needing a massive match.

I agree that it won't be Austin, not this year, and I really think we will see HHH/Lesnar part 2 aswell.

Undertaker therefore is the only logical matchup for me, the only name you could line up with Punk and sell it as a huge headline match. Taker is regarded as the most "respected" guy on the roster and Punk has legitimate history that I am sure he would love to drop a pipebomb about.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

Lesnar for me would be absolutely perfect for a Title match at WrestleMania, I'd have him win the WHC at the Elimination Chamber then have him drop the belt to the guy they're wanting to push as the new top dog of SD, even if it's just Sheamus again, beating Brock for the belt at WrestleMania would be huge for anyone

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:44 pm

MIG wrote:Surely its because of the respect thing. Undertaker comes out and says to Punk, you want respect? Face me at Mania for my streak. Beat me, then you will get the respect you want. etc etc

Yeah, I know how they could play it, however what I'm saying is that at this moment in time I can't see any connection between the two, I was just asking JJJ what he'd noticed that maybe I've missed, that's quite a predictable way to book it although logical, however does that mean that anyone who hasn't beaten Taker in the past shouldn't be respected? Would make a bit of a mockery to his whole tipping of the hat to Shawn ect...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:49 pm

Yeah didn't mean I had noticed anything storyline wise Gaff, just meant from trying to work out logically in my head that is the match I see happening.

Have no idea how WWE will attempt to book it though.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:51 pm

I really think Punk and Austin are just enjoying playing a feud that isn't happening, teasing

Id agree the Punk/Taker feud looks a perfect fit. The respect line works perfectly, there is no one like Taker who garners respect in wrestling, Taker would take exception to him running his mouth.

My choice for Taker would still be D Bryan, preferably after him and Kane split. Bryan takes Kane out and boasts about it and Taker comes for him. I think Bryan could carry much of the tempo of the much, and it would be a fine reward for his contribution in the last year or so.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:54 pm

Daniel Bryan isnt anywhere near a big enough draw to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. He'd need masses of work between now and then to make it even remotely interesting to the casual fan.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:00 pm

If Rock, Brock and Austin are on the card though then not many would buy it just for The Undertaker so that would allow them to be creative with his opponent.

Daniel Bryan has gotten absolutely huge over the last year, not many in Pro Wrestling get a reaction from the crowd like him, I feel a Mania crowd which is notoriously smarky would be hot as hell for Bryan against Taker, give them 20 minutes and win or lose you'd make Daniel Bryan a star you can have main event for the next 5 years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:08 pm

I dont see what The Undertaker would get from it though gaffer. Going from an absolutely epic 'The End of an Era' match to wrestling Daniel Bryan? It doesnt do 'the streak' any favours and it undermines the greatness of this years match.

I'd say there is more chance of Ryback or Sheamus facing Taker than Daniel Bryan.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

I would not be eager to see Brock v Triple H again, who gets anything from that.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:10 pm

I don't see why Ryback or Sheamus would be more legitimate threats (or bigger draws)to the streak than Daniel Bryan apart from pure size.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:12 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:I would not be eager to see Brock v Triple H again, who gets anything from that.

The viewers? Not every match has to have a long-term getting somebody else over. If done better than the short angle earlier this year, a Brock/Trips feud could be great.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:17 pm

MIG wrote:I don't see why Ryback or Sheamus would be more legitimate threats (or bigger draws)to the streak than Daniel Bryan apart from pure size.

You dont need any other reason than because of their size. Their explosiveness, power and general smashmouth ring demeanour would provide a bigger threat and draw than a technical match against a 220lb mat wrestler. No disprespect to Bryan, i agree that he is over, but given Sheamus' year and Ryback's monster push, they'd be better choices in my opinion.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:18 pm

I'm not talking about getting anyone over, I mean we've seen this match at Summerslam do we really need to see it again.

If you've got Brock Lesnar for a year you've got to use him for most epic match you have at WM and for most people that is Brock v Undertaker. It would continue the trend of a legitimate threat to the streak and they already have history.

Last edited by nasisillmatic on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

Surely some of Undertakers best matches were against someone of that size though? Shawn Michaels.

Not that I'm saying Daniel Bryan is in HBK's league but still.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:29 pm

MIG wrote:Surely some of Undertakers best matches were against someone of that size though? Shawn Michaels.

Not that I'm saying Daniel Bryan is in HBK's league but still.

Taker has had good matches against smaller men, but against smaller men who were massive stars, multitime world champions, go-to guys who could tell a story. Daniel Bryan is good but i just dont believe he's good enough or big enough yet to pull off a match against the guy who has been the focal point of Wrestlemania for the last 5 years or so.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

Would the WWE risk turning Undertaker heel considering how popular the character is? With them trying to build Sheamus/Ryback up as mega faces that would be the only option

Ive always preferred heel Taker but ive no desire to see him vs Sheamus at all

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:I'm not talking about getting anyone over, I mean we've seen this match at Summerslam do we really need to see it again.

If you've got Brock Lesnar for a year you've got to use him for most epic match you have at WM and for most people that is Brock v Undertaker. It would continue the trend of a legitimate threat to the streak and they already have history.

I don't think Brock's a legitimate threat at all, it's common knowledge that he has a contract for a year with limited appearances. Of anybody facing 'Taker, he is the one of the least likely to take the streak.

His feud with Triple H didn't really get any closure, and it would be an epic match.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:52 pm

Is there any way you can block people on here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:53 pm

AntLord wrote:Is there any way you can block people on here?

Who do you want to block?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

Fernando wrote:Would the WWE risk turning Undertaker heel considering how popular the character is? With them trying to build Sheamus/Ryback up as mega faces that would be the only option

Ive always preferred heel Taker but ive no desire to see him vs Sheamus at all

wont work taker has hit legendary status and will be cheered what ever he does just like HHH

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:54 pm

What does Taker get out of a Mania match with Daniel Bryan? From a selfish prespective maybe he'd get satisfaction out of it, Undertaker always enjoyed a good wrestling match, particularly with guys smaller than him, he loved working with Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Kurt Angle, if he wanted to have something very different from his matches with HHH then Bryan would be a perfect foil for him, remember Taker actually went to McMahon about dropping the streak to Angle in 2003, Daniel Bryan is probably the closest thing they've had to an Angle in terms of his technical ability since Angle left.

Also, the chance to propel someone could be something Taker might get out of it too

Then again, maybe he'd just want a big man match against the likes of Ryback/Sheamus ect... Although he did hate being put with guys like that back in the 90s

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

AntLord wrote:Is there any way you can block people on here?

It's called the 'Foe' option.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:04 pm

If the streak were to end, its more likely a guy like Bryan would be the guy to break it to get the boost.

Lesnar would do for a 1 year stop gap to 30 when Taker eventually takes on Cena in an I quit match I guess.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:What does Taker get out of a Mania match with Daniel Bryan? From a selfish prespective maybe he'd get satisfaction out of it, Undertaker always enjoyed a good wrestling match, particularly with guys smaller than him, he loved working with Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and Kurt Angle, if he wanted to have something very different from his matches with HHH then Bryan would be a perfect foil for him, remember Taker actually went to McMahon about dropping the streak to Angle in 2003, Daniel Bryan is probably the closest thing they've had to an Angle in terms of his technical ability since Angle left.

Also, the chance to propel someone could be something Taker might get out of it too

Then again, maybe he'd just want a big man match against the likes of Ryback/Sheamus ect... Although he did hate being put with guys like that back in the 90s

If Taker wants to work with a smaller guy with technical ability it should be CM Punk. Albeit he may not be as technically gifted as Bryan, but he's still a very good WRESTLER. It would be a bigger draw, it would surely involve a better build up of promos and back story and Punk would get the Wrestlemania moment he is still waiting for.

I'd hate Taker v Bryan. It would be a massive disappointment in my eyes.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:48 pm

Who's to say CM Punk would want to work with The Undertaker? I'd bet there is a lot of resentment from the last time they worked together when Taker absolutely buried him and it took him 2 years to get back to any sort of importance

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 17 Oct 2012, 6:03 pm

After watching his documentary Punk seems like the kind of guy who holds grudges. He may have put the past behind him in regards to Undertaker but I'd bet my house he still holds resentment because of the whole scenario.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Oct 2012, 7:17 pm

I'd be happy with Taker taking either Punk or Bryan on. Whoever made the point about Punk being on a big losing streak to take on Undertaker is correct, and I think Bryan benefits more from the feud with Taker even in defeat than Punk would in similar circumstances.

If you have HHH, Brock, Rock and Cena all at WM then I don't think you need to sell Taker as much, and I think Taker is the kind of man who would enjoy working with Bryan and helping a younger guy get even more momentum in the business. The casual fans will buy for Rock, Cena n Brock, and WWE know they have to keep their full time fans happy, and their full time fans love Bryan and will appreciate the feud.

I also think WWE know that everything Bryan is doing is turning to gold recently, and that hes proven himself to be more than just this technical machine. He can be trusted in a role of this size.

Theres gonna be a lot to this WM. Think of the talent that looks likely to feature:

Rock, Brock, Cena, Punk, HHH, Taker
Ryback, Sheamus, Bryan, Orton, Ziggler
Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio (probably one on one)
Barrett, Cesaro, Big Show, Miz, Kofi
Kane, Rhodes, Sandow, ADR

There's even the likes of Clay, Santino, The Band, PTPs
Some form of women

There's a lot to sell this on, so Taker can probably have a match he wants to help establish talent and put on a decent back n forth. Bryan will do a lot of the work. Certainly, if hes aiming to reach 25-0 I dont think he can have the biggest match on the card every year until the last one, so putting people over is a perfect way to use his credentials

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:20 pm

I can certainly appricate the logic about the streak match not needing to be a big draw due to the other big names on the card, however vince is all about business and historically the streak match is one of the biggest if the not the biggest match of the night and has main evented multiple mainia's. With that in mind I can't see vince wanted to get anything less out of the streak match than a top drawing match that will sell tickets and improve the ppv's buy rate. I dont doubt that taker would take on an 'up and comer' but I don't think vince would relinquish the money that comes with pairing the deadman up with a big main event star like Brock, rock, cena or cm punk.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:43 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:

Theres gonna be a lot to this WM. Think of the talent that looks likely to feature:

Some form of women

The PPV buyrate will rocket on that news.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:51 pm

Teenagers everywhere pay for PPVs just to see those tight outfits. Its gateway porn like this that keeps subscription services thriving years later.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:07 pm

MtotheC wrote:I can certainly appricate the logic about the streak match not needing to be a big draw due to the other big names on the card, however vince is all about business and historically the streak match is one of the biggest if the not the biggest match of the night and has main evented multiple mainia's. With that in mind I can't see vince wanted to get anything less out of the streak match than a top drawing match that will sell tickets and improve the ppv's buy rate. I dont doubt that taker would take on an 'up and comer' but I don't think vince would relinquish the money that comes with pairing the deadman up with a big main event star like Brock, rock, cena or cm punk.

I know what you're saying and you've got a very good and strong point, what I'm saying is that if you have a scenario where you've got Austin, Rock and Brock on the card in separate matches and also have Cena, Punk and possibly HHH as well then there will be few fans left out there that you wouldn't have catered for, so the opponent of The Undertaker becomes almost irrelevent.

The Streak has been a massive selling point in the past, I'm not so sure it was that successful this year, from what I recall although I turned off prior to Mania was there was a lot of apathy towards The Undertaker and his show hogger

No doubt though that since 2007 he's had a marquee match at Mania, but there comes a time when that'll need to cool down, so when he does have that big milestone match (25-0???) Then it'll be monumental

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:38 pm

Am I the only one that thinks we've seen the last of Taker at Mania?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:52 pm

Yes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:00 pm

Fair enough.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:29 pm

JR said on his website there is no way Taker would finish without WWE making a massive deal out of it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:33 pm

I thought the whole "End of an Era" spin, the HiaC, the 3 man hug and hitting 20-0 was massive enough.

Guess thats just me.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

Samo wrote:I thought the whole "End of an Era" spin, the HiaC, the 3 man hug and hitting 20-0 was massive enough.

Guess thats just me.

It wasn't the main event, and Undertaker has appeared since. There is no way that was his last Wrestlemania match unless he gets injured and can't wrestle again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:37 am

While I agree that we haven't seen the last of Taker at Mania, I would've preferred for him to end his career at WM28. The match, opponent and the way it ended was perfect for me.

It would have truly been an end of an era.

It's quite clear though that he isn't finished, like stated already we will no when it's his last match because it will be the main event, and I think his opponent would be Cena or Kane.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

I guess I'm in the minority here in that I actually expect Ryback to win at HiaC. I'm not a fan of Ryback and seriously hope he doesn't win, but I can see Punk's reign ending soon, and WWE will want to preserve Ryback's unbeaten streak. In fact, if he does win, I can see Ryback holding the title all the way until Mania, before taking on Taker in a streak vs streak match, which wouldn't be amongst Taker's best matches. Hopefully, we can get the match we've all been waiting for at Mania 30, MSG, Undertaker vs Cena. Perhaps we'd even get THE heel turn...

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:27 pm

Then where would you go from there? You either give Ryback the streak which would be the logical booking decision at that point in time or you put the belt on Taker who doesn't work after Mania anymore.

If they did put the belt on Ryback there's no-way he'd go over Rock at the Rumble, ppersonally, I'd be pretty shocked if they threw away a 345 day reign for Ryback, I think Punk will now see out a full year, it's unlikely the WWE get many opportunities to do that these days, maybe they'll pass it up, I just don't see it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:59 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Then where would you go from there? You either give Ryback the streak which would be the logical booking decision at that point in time or you put the belt on Taker who doesn't work after Mania anymore.

If they did put the belt on Ryback there's no-way he'd go over Rock at the Rumble, ppersonally, I'd be pretty shocked if they threw away a 345 day reign for Ryback, I think Punk will now see out a full year, it's unlikely the WWE get many opportunities to do that these days, maybe they'll pass it up, I just don't see it

HHH who now seems to be controlling a lot of the shots these days. Has said he is a fan of long title reigns so we will never see anymore short runs. However will we see another 345 day title reign? I think not, so WWE do have a major to chance with Punk.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next