The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Kenny Tue 21 May 2013, 10:49 pm

The weirdo in me did want to see some down and dirty Tyrion and Sansa action Wink
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 8:00 am

There's nothing weird about that. Tyrion is hung like a donkey and Sansa is seriously hot heart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 22 May 2013, 3:32 pm

it has to happen soon
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 3:43 pm

In response, I say:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 22 May 2013, 3:44 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:In response, I say:

Spoiler:

If it ever emerges
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 22 May 2013, 5:40 pm

The fire bird with stanis is my favourite, she's a serious milf.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 22 May 2013, 5:48 pm

I'm holding out for Arianne and Dorne, or maybe Val to make an appearance. If they stay in
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 11:44 am

Last night was horrible, no GoT on TV. Then I remembered, only two episodes left anyway Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 12:14 pm

lastnight did seem empty , i had to relinquish the remote to the wife and watch BGT !!!
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 28 May 2013, 12:34 pm

The irony is that we've finally caught up - started watching season 1 when we realised 10 minutes into the first episode of S3 that there was no way we could pick it up from there.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 May 2013, 12:39 pm

My in-laws hate 'fantasy' shows, yet have managed to watch Seasons 1 and 2 in their entirety since last Thursday. They now want my mum's Sky Go password so they can watch Season 3!

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

Episode nine was a cracker ! No spoilers...though I think everyone who reads this thread has read the books anyway Smile so you know roughly what is coming...

But they did it all really well clap

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 03 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

In advance, people, please don't quit the show
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:20 pm

should i be scared ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 9:00 pm

Here we go Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 6 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon 03 Jun 2013, 9:33 pm

DDDDDAAAAAA FUDGE!!!!!! Still trying to comprehend wtf just happened. Dam! Out of general interest to someone who has never read the book do the Stark family hold a grand importance in the book throughout?

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 03 Jun 2013, 9:35 pm

jeromedubois wrote:DDDDDAAAAAA FUDGE!!!!!! Still trying to comprehend wtf just happened. Dam! Out of general interest to someone who has never read the book do the Stark family hold a grand importance in the book throughout?

Spoiler:
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Mon 03 Jun 2013, 9:45 pm

Spoiler:

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:04 pm

Not read the books, tonight was a serious downer anyway.

For anyone that has read the books, not a spoiler request per se but is the story completed or are there more books to come.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:17 pm

Ent, there are two more books scheduled to be written and released; GRRM has been writing the next one for three years and still has about 2/5 still to do. It's unlikely the story ever gets wrapped up, at least not by him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:20 pm

Another 2 books have been written and there's at least 2 more to come. That doesn't include the fact that 3rd and 4th season on the tv show will just encompass the 3rd Book. Going along those line there could be another 4 tv seasons before we even get to the end of the current material available book wise.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Ent, there are two more books scheduled to be written and released; GRRM has been writing the next one for three years and still has about 2/5 still to do. It's unlikely the story ever gets wrapped up, at least not by him.

2 more books as in 2 more 5 book stories or two more instalments?

Does the tv show follow it closely, like is book one series one etc?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:23 pm

The producers said recently that they think the show will run for 7 seasons. That's:

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Season 2
Book 3 = Seasons 3 + 4
Book 4 = Seasons 5 + 6
Book 5 = Season 7

I think they said it because they won't make the show get ahead of the books, and the rate they're going, Season 4 shows in 2014, Season 5 in 2015, 6 in 2016 and 7 in 2017. No way does GRRM get two books written by early 2017 (when script writing for the last season would need to commence).

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:25 pm

Dass wrote:Another 2 books have been written and there's at least 2 more to come. That doesn't include the fact that 3rd and 4th season on the tv show will just encompass the 3rd Book. Going along those line there could be another 4 tv seasons before we even get to the end of the current material available book wise.

Cheers, just deciding wether to read the books after this season is over. Prob won't if the story isn't finished!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:29 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:The producers said recently that they think the show will run for 7 seasons. That's:

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Season 2
Book 3 = Seasons 3 + 4
Book 4 = Seasons 5 + 6
Book 5 = Season 7

I think they said it because they won't make the show get ahead of the books, and the rate they're going, Season 4 shows in 2014, Season 5 in 2015, 6 in 2016 and 7 in 2017. No way does GRRM get two books written by early 2017 (when script writing for the last season would need to commence).

An irritatingly long way away isn't it, can understand the mainstream and big bucks appeal of the tv show but gonna be a long time until the various stories are resolved from the sounds of it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:37 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:The producers said recently that they think the show will run for 7 seasons. That's:

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Season 2
Book 3 = Seasons 3 + 4
Book 4 = Seasons 5 + 6
Book 5 = Season 7

I'd be surprised if they split Book 4 into 2 parts, seems a more logical choice to do it with Book 5 and leave Book 4 as a single season. I can see Martin getting at lease one book finished by the time the tv show catches up with his current material. His biggest issue is finishing the final book before the tv series catches and the other issue of if it turns out to be the final book at all.

I'd b looking at a release date for the 6th book to be around 2014/2015, with the 7th to hit around 2018/2019. So in theory he should finish a year or so ahead of the tv show, this is based on the fact he stops at 7 and doesn't back himself into a corner once again.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:43 pm

Dass wrote:

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Season 2
Book 3 = Seasons 3 + 4
Book 4 = Seasons 5 + 6
Book 5 = Season 7

I'd be surprised if they split Book 4 into 2 parts, seems a more logical choice to do it with Book 5 and leave Book 4 as a single season. I can see Martin getting at lease one book finished by the time the tv show catches up with his current material. His biggest issue is finishing the final book before the tv series catches and the other issue of if it turns out to be the final book at all.

I'd b looking at a release date for the 6th book to be around 2014/2015, with the 7th to hit around 2018/2019. So in theory he should finish a year or so ahead of the tv show, this is based on the fact he stops at 7 and doesn't back himself into a corner once again.

Was it meant to be finished in 5 books?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

Originally meant to be a trilogy at first Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 10:56 pm

Dass wrote:Originally meant to be a trilogy at first Very Happy

Haha wonder what made him change his mind.

He has created quite the world and it will be interesting to see where it ends up.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:05 pm

What made him change his mind was the fact it spiralled out of his control and suddenly 3 became 5 then became 7. Originally book 4 was meant to jump forward 5 or so years but he scrapped that idea as the book was gonna be filled with flashbacks to show what happened in the time gap resulting in the size being to large. The funny thing was when he scrapped that idea and just picked up straight after the 3rd book his 4th book turned up at 1800 pages anyway. Resulting in the publishers just telling him he'd have to split it into two books instead.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:08 pm

Oh dear lol, one storyline too many it seems!

Does the quality diminish of does it maintain the standard throughout?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:20 pm

The quality is still there I'd say, though I do think Martin has struggled with the scope at times almost just keeping his head above water. Can certainly see what he's trying to achieve with his rise and fall of power players as a nod at history itself brought from a larger scale to smaller one time frame wise. How the quality has held up with the last two books will ultimately depend on how his setting up of events climaxes in his final two for me.

Just thinking though book 4 and 5 will be interesting in how they turn them into seasons as the events happen on the same time line as each other.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 11:27 pm

I'll do my usual episode recap tomorrow (in spoilers) but I just need to say now - that was the most powerful hour of tv I've ever seen. More so than Baelor, more so than Blackwater, more so than Princess Di's funeral or the coverage of the London Bombings. I've never been so affected by tv, or film, before.

If only they could keep this on constant filming, make 52 episodes every year Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:43 am

Book 1 = Season 1
Book 2 = Season 2
Book 3 = Seasons 3 + 4
Book 4 = Seasons 5 + 6
Book 5 = Season 7

I think they mean 7 seasons for all 7 books. Some of book 4 and 5 will be in season 4 (confirmed) then the rest of both books is only realistically another season. As they are concurrent they have to be amalgamated anyway. Stretching book 4 into 2 season would be almost impossible
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:46 am

Dass wrote:The quality is still there I'd say, though I do think Martin has struggled with the scope at times almost just keeping his head above water. Can certainly see what he's trying to achieve with his rise and fall of power players as a nod at history itself brought from a larger scale to smaller one time frame wise. How the quality has held up with the last two books will ultimately depend on how his setting up of events climaxes in his final two for me.

Just thinking though book 4 and 5 will be interesting in how they turn them into seasons as the events happen on the same time line as each other.

I'd say Martin's writing gets much much better throughout (aFfC is much better written, characterised and has more allusions and world building than the earlier books where the quality is somewhat overrated by fans IMO) but the story slows to a crawl in book 5
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:36 pm

Just watched it Shocked Sad
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:56 pm

Kenny wrote:Just watched it Shocked Sad

It's left me numb today, as Azzy said very powerful.

However next weeks will need to be even better to get me interested in the following season.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 04 Jun 2013, 12:58 pm

I haven't read the books and was sort of routing for Rob to avenge his fathers death , guess not
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 04 Jun 2013, 1:25 pm

Great episode.
I just hope the little girl grows up quick so we hopefully get to see her kick some ass.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 04 Jun 2013, 1:48 pm

Hulking_up wrote:Great episode.
I just hope the little girl grows up quick so we hopefully get to see her kick some ass.

That will actually be a bit of a problem as the series goes on , especially if it is spread out over several years : young actresses grow up rather quicker than their characters do in books set over only a year or two...

Not to worry - most of the TV actors are a bit older than their youthful characters anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Without giving anything away , there will be enough asses kicked in all directions over coming seasons to keep anyone amused Very Happy

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 1:49 pm

My favourite bits from the books are yet to happen, all this is building up to my favourite bits Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 6 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 04 Jun 2013, 2:00 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Dass wrote:The quality is still there I'd say, though I do think Martin has struggled with the scope at times almost just keeping his head above water. Can certainly see what he's trying to achieve with his rise and fall of power players as a nod at history itself brought from a larger scale to smaller one time frame wise. How the quality has held up with the last two books will ultimately depend on how his setting up of events climaxes in his final two for me.

I'd say Martin's writing gets much much better throughout (aFfC is much better written, characterised and has more allusions and world building than the earlier books where the quality is somewhat overrated by fans IMO) but the story slows to a crawl in book 5

The quality question was in relation to the story and not the actual written aspect of Martin's work. In that regards the Story in the 4/5th books while good is very much dependent on what it sets up to in the conluding novels as to whether the overall quality is kept in the series. Especially when compared to what came in the first 3 books from a storytelling point of view.

In some ways the later two books are better from a written word perspective and there's definitely been inprovements in Martin's output in other ways not so much as it stands.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 04 Jun 2013, 2:53 pm

^^^

Very much agree. The story has gone off in so many different directions in 4/5 that the ultimate judgement depends on how well George can pull the threads together ...I have faith Smile

Azzy must be delighted that his least-favourite actor has made his rather overdue exit : I'm sure Orell will be much better now he is working full time as an eagle Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm

Haha, that was a great scene, shame he didn't get his eagle head smashed in as well Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 04 Jun 2013, 4:20 pm

Kenny wrote:I haven't read the books and was sort of routing for Rob to avenge his fathers death , guess not

Me too, I kinda thought rob would win kings landing at the end of a season only for it to fade to a shot of denaris (spelling?) landing in westeros with her dragons and army.

Prob too obvious and the real outcome will likely be better.

Anyone think we are lacking a real big face (pardon the wrestling speak) to root for now?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 4:45 pm

Okay, so here is my episode recap, bearing in mind I've read the books and I'm about to give some massive spoilers away:
Episode recap:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jun 2013, 4:51 pm

Ent wrote:Anyone think we are lacking a real big face (pardon the wrestling speak) to root for now?
We have:

- Daenerys Targaryen
- Jon Snow
- Stannis Baratheon
- The Blackfish
- Tyrion Lannister
- Varys / Littlefinger, depending on how devious your mind is
- Margaery Tyrell, future Queen of Westeros
- Arya, Sansa, Bran
- Jaime Lannister, depending on how you feel abour king slaying folk

Plenty to cheer for!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:02 pm

Well i'm routing for The Blackfish and Jon Snow to reak some revenge now
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm

And next season (I hope), enter a couple of new Faces

Spoiler:
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 04 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Ent wrote:Anyone think we are lacking a real big face (pardon the wrestling speak) to root for now?
We have:

- Daenerys Targaryen
- Jon Snow
- Stannis Baratheon
- The Blackfish
- Tyrion Lannister
- Varys / Littlefinger, depending on how devious your mind is
- Margaery Tyrell, future Queen of Westeros
- Arya, Sansa, Bran
- Jaime Lannister, depending on how you feel abour king slaying folk

Plenty to cheer for!

Nearly all heels, certainly no baby face amongst them!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next