The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7...

+2
BamBam
Pr4wn
6 posters

Go down

The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7... Empty The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7...

Post by Pr4wn Thu 18 Oct 2012, 9:48 pm

1. Houston Texans - Controversial I know, but the way I think about it is "Which team would I ant my Bucs to play the least?". Houston has everything. A dominating defence, the best all-round running back in the league and one of the league's best receivers. I'm aware that they got a humbling last week but they're still number one for me.

2. Atlanta Falcons - The only unblemished record in the league and the NFC South is the Falcons' to lose. Sure, they've only really looked dominating against the Chargers but wins are wins and the Falcons have more than anyone else. John Abraham is playing as if he's 24 not 24 and Matt Ryan is playing at MVP level.

3. NY Giants - I'll quote ESPN here "Their victory in San Francisco was the best game any team in the league has played against any other all season." They looked scary against the 49ers, Eli looked almost invincible. Once Nicks gets to full health I can't see many teams stopping this offence. Also, people slate Bradshaw calling him a scrub but he just scored the first rushing TD at Candlestick since Cadillac Williams in 2010.

4. San Francisco 49ers - I know they got humped last week but come on. They've looked awesome in their other outings and most great teams have a blip here and there. If Alex Smith doesn't turn the ball over, they win. Simple.

5. Chicago Bears - Who said their defence was too old? They've looked dominant for the most part and their offence clicks nicely once Forte gets going. I think the BEars are getting overlooked this season due to Jay Cutler but as we know, it can all fall apart far too easily for this team.

6. Baltimore Ravens - A nice W/L record but when was the last time the Ravens really nailed a team? Flacco looks better but still not truly elite. Ray Rice has been fantastic but how long can he go on for? Losing Ray Lewis is bad but losing Webb is far worse for this already vulnerable defensive unit.

7. Green Bay Packers - After a terribly slow start, the Pack exploded into life last week against Houston. They may struggle at linebacker for the remainder of the season but Aaron Rodgers looks like he can carry this team as far as he needs to. This has all been without Greg Jennings, JerMichael Finley and any sort of running game.

8. Seattle Seahawks - The quietest 4-2 team in the league? Russell Wilson, while sometimes looking like a rookie, has really surprised with his ability to extend the play. The real dominance has been the defence. They have faced some top-quality quarterbacks recently and they still have one of the top-ranked defences in the league.

9. New England Patriots - What doesn't bode well for this team is that one some weeks, they look like Superbowl contenders but one others they just look limp and dull. They're going to have to start slamming some teams to climb this table. Above all, why dont they just let Stevan Ridley run the ball more? Also, their secondary just sucks completely.

10. Denver Broncos - Did anyone actually watch the Broncos' comeback against San Diego? Manning looks imperious and so, so accurate. The defence, the secondary in particular, looks like it could use some work but Denver could beat any other team in the NFL with Peyton Manning at the helm. He looked vintage on Monday night.

11. Minnesota Vikings - A real surprise package, especially the defence. Ponder looks fantastic at times but needs to keep the turnovers down. AP can still carry a heavy load for the Vikes and the defensive until especially the front four, have really stepped up. I used to think that Kevin Williams was one of the most overrated players in the league but he now looks much better playing on limited snaps.

12. Washington Redskins - RGIII. Need I say more? Seriously though, he makes plays where there are none, he stays clutch, he's accurate with his throws and he runs better than most running backs. The defence is missing Brian Orakpo and the secondary really needs to step up but Griffin gives this team that X Factor.

13. Philadelphia Eagles - This defence should be better now that Juan Castillo has been fired. Why did he even have that job anyway? LeSean McCoy needs to see more of the ball and the offensive line needs to pull it's collective head out of it's collective behind. They lost the Eagles the game last week. Vick can make plays but he needs to cut out the errors or he won't last much longer. Reid might get desperate.

14. Arizona Cardinals - The most overachieving team in the league, in my opinion. Kolb hasn't looked bad at all, but he's out injured now. The offensive have allowed 22 sacks in their last three games. 22! And this team is in the same division as the 49ers and the Seahawks. The linebackers have been a pleasant surprise though.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Mendenhall may be injured again, just as he was starting to provide the spark that this offense needed. Also, they just can't seem to stop the pass without Troy Polamalu.

16. Miami Dolphins - Considering that the weight of the entire team is put on his shoulders, Ryan Tannehill is peerforming very admirably. The defence is doing very well also and Miami have been one of the leagues biggest surprise outfits.

17. Cincinnati Bengals - Dalton needs to progress at last season's pace. He has one of the league's top targets in AJ Green (who has looked like the best receiver in the league so far this season...). The defence has been disappointing again.

18. St Louis Rams - Bradford has no targets yet he still throws touchdowns. The running game has been pretty awful but the Rams have still won three games. This was a team that used to be known for their awful defence but this unit lead by James Laurinaitis and Robert Quinn can dominate teams.

19. San Diego Chargers - They've beaten bad teams, Philip Rivers has looked terrible for the most part. He looks like he really misses Vincent Jackson, who he could just throw the ball in the general area of, and he misses a fit Antonio Gates. Gates in particular isn't really a mismatch any more.

20. Dallas Cowboys - DeMarco Murray is out for a while and he will be missed. Romo has looked sub-par and one has to wonder how long he has left in the "Big D". Sean Lee is one of the best inside linebackers in the league and DeMarcus Ware is... well... DeMarcus Ware. Other than that, they haven't seen a great deal from their front seven. Their corners look terriffic though.

21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Bucs have been quiet this year but they didn't get close to being blown out in any of their three defeats this season. Losing Aqib Talib will be very tough on this defence, especially when they come up against a big, phyisical receiver. Josh Freeman's deep ball looks fantastic and Vincent Jackson is doing exactly what he was brought to Tampa to do.

22. Detroit Lions - Stafford and Megatron are this team's lifeline. Other than that, they have an over-hyped defensive line, no top-quality linebackers, an awful secondary and above all, they're an indisciplined team. Far too many penalties given away. I guess this is what happens when you draft and sign the players the Lions do...

23. Buffalo Bills - Talk about hot and cold. Fitzpatrick really is like Jekyll and Hyde. CJ Spiller looks fantastic and the defence may finally be starting to click. The Bills' spot on this list will likely yo-yo from week to week.

24. New York Jets - Another over-achieving team. Sanchez sucks and is a bust. Shonn Greene, despite his showing last week, is not a starting calibre running back and the Jets have the most over-hyped defence in the league, particularly their front seven. However, despite his inability to tackle running backs, Antonio Cromartie is earning his wage.

25. New Orleans Saints - No other team in the league is more dependent on their QB than the Saints. They have no running game, theie defence is probably the worst in the league and they have a fair few injuries to deal with. Good job their QB is Drew Brees....

26. Indianapolis Colts - Luck looks to be a truly special talent but this defence requires some serious investment and coaching if it's to become mildly competitive in the NFL. Luck also could do with another quality target.

27. Tennessee Titans - See what happens when Chris Johnson gets to run properly? He's still got it, they just need to build this team around his game for now, at least until Jake Locker has found his feet. Kenny Britt also needs to learn to catch.

28. Oakland Raiders - Carson Palmer hasn't actually looked that bad! Their secondary is terrible but their offense isn't too bad. They could certainly spring a surprise.

29. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton has the potential but he's sucked this year. Is this a true sophomore slump? Only time will tell but they have no other running game to speak of, Keuchly is struggling at linebacker so they're moving him into the middle and Haruki Nakamura is an abomination at FS. Newton needs to clean up his stinky attitude and become a leader.

30. Cleveland Browns - Didn't they do well? The defence flashes potential but Brandon Weeden really is a work in progress. They really could do with a physical receiver or tight end.

31. Kansas City Chiefs - They have a remote chance to win if Cassel comes back purely because Jamaal Charles is at running back. They have talented receivers but this defence stinks. I feel sorry for Grizzly, wherever he is.

32. Jacksonville Jaguars - Blaine Gabbert has never looked like an NFL quarterback, not once. MJD doesn't look himself and the defence is still mediocre.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7... Empty Re: The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7...

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm

Agree with most of these, great read Pr4wn!

Crazy to see the Saints so far down the list, I can still see them making a run but not sure they will be able to make it into the playoffs, not when the NFC is so strong.

I also reckon the Bears are a bit overrated, they might have a 4-1 record, but who have they actually played? Luck in his first start, loss to the Packers, beat the Rams, Romo handed them a game and they beat up on Blaine Gabbert's Jaguars

BamBam

Back to top Go down

The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7... Empty Re: The Return of Pr4wn's Power Rankings! Week 7...

Post by Brady12 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:49 am

Great read.

I'd have the Giants & 49ers at 1&2 I think Texans D is gonna struggle without its start LB

Cowboys as low as 20? These ran all over the Ravens D & should of won that game

Decent list no one ever gonna agree with this. Look forward to next weeks

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

That's my point about the cowboys. The ran all over the ravens, Romo played well and they still managed to lose!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 19 Oct 2012, 3:30 pm

Not bottom. Yahoo

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 11:05 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Not bottom. Yahoo

Not quite sure how the Chiefs did it either... those Jags keep on giving...

Cheers Pr4wn Very Happy

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 20 Oct 2012, 4:02 pm

I think a decent spot for the Bucs, maybe a few higher. I think you overrate the Falcons though, I think they have been lucky enough with a few of their wins to be honest. I would only back them against the Broncos and Seahawks out of the top 10.

Bucs are on the rise no doubt. Talib's loss will hurt them big tomorrow. Grand against a team like the Chiefs who only have one legitimate receiving threat. The Saints have a boatload. Hoping Graham is out.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 20 Oct 2012, 4:31 pm

Falcons are undefeated. Counts for something...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 20 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

They are yes I just don't think they are as good as they are being made out to be. I can see why you put them there with their record and everything, it is a perfectly justifiable move. I just don't think they have improved a whole lot over the team that got killed against the Giants.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down