The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent

+8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
bhb001
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
owen10ozzy
Daz
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
12 posters

Go down

Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent Empty Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:15 pm

Primetime TV have now emerged as the frontrunners to broadcast the eagerly-anticipated comeback of four-time world champion Ricky Hatton in the UK on November 24 live from Manchester.

The network, who have previously been the preferred choice for Manny Pacquiao’s recent screenings on British soil, are to make an announcement on Monday, which should confirm the news after weeks of speculation.

Hatton had been linked to a swift return to Sky after losing his TV contract with the media giants and after speculation surrounding a possible move to terrestrial TV on Channel 4 or ITV, it seems as though a lucrative PPV deal has won the battle.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/10/primetime-favourites-to-snag-ppv-rights.html

Disappointing news, if this is true.

A real opportunity to propel boxing right back into the mainstream has been missed.

Man of the people my arse.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent Empty Re: Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:23 pm

On the plus side, Primetime may start posting on here again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent Empty Re: Hatton vs Senchenko : TV deal announcement imminent

Post by Daz Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm

Union Cane wrote:Man of the people my arse.

Laugh Quality Union.

Yeah very disappointed about this. I thought the death of PPV was a good thing. This should be on Sky no question. nope

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:31 pm

Union -

A little bit harsh with your comment at the end mate. From what I know there wasn't any solid interest from terrestrial. Much of it was just pure speculation. Given the fact Ricky wanted a deal which incorporates his stable as well as his own fights it was always likely to be picked up by SKY, Boxnation or Primetime because they have the funds & knowledge.

It will be have been an expensive acquisition & that would have been a major stumbling block for the likes of BBC & Channel 4. They were the two terrestrial channels which showed interest but were priced out pretty early on.

SKY are already tied down to Eddie Hearn for the foreseeable future & given the fact he already has a pretty full stable that was again unlikely. He only has a set number of dates in the calender over the next 12 months and 2 of them will already be guaranteed for Kell and a further 2 for Froch.

At least Ricky fought for his stable to get involved. He could have just taken an offer for his own services!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

Won't be paying to watch it, no one, not even floyd is worth watching PPV to fight a euro level fighte fluke senchenko

If ITV really wanted it its a crying shame they aren't getting it as boxing needs to get into mainstream TV and hatton could have been the one to get major interest back into boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm

Agreed WHU - I certainly won't be paying to watch it (although that is due more to the fact I will probably be there in person). If he wins and then steps in with a top level opponent I probably will pay.

I can see where Union is coming from, little bit of a con given the opponent and his time away from the sport but as I said the options were pretty thin on the ground from what I know. ITV was talked about but they are so afraid of having there hands burnt that they won't commit to any kind of multiple fight deal.

What we have to remember is that Hatton will want a multiple fight deal which includes showcase time for his stable. Financially he is also going to want something lucrative because his promotional company has been on the back burner after they were dropped by SKY.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

Agree with Union. Very disappointing news and gives credance to the thoughts, denied by Hatton, that this is all to give his promotional unit a boost and nothing to do with missing boxing etc.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Agreed WHU - I certainly won't be paying to watch it (although that is due more to the fact I will probably be there in person). If he wins and then steps in with a top level opponent I probably will pay.

How about if there was an offer of the chance to win a free Amir Khan T-shirt?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm

YESSSSSS!....

Wait..can we? You better not be giving me false hope Sean...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:On the plus side, Primetime may start posting on here again.

Laugh True

Plus all the Mods will now say how great Primetime and how they are good for boxing.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:04 pm

"Disappointing news"??

Sure you're allowed to say that UC? Would've thought not critcising Primetime would be in your Mod contract T&C's....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:36 pm

they obviously offered the most money, so fair play.
i'll be buying, or watching in a pub that shows it.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Agreed WHU - I certainly won't be paying to watch it (although that is due more to the fact I will probably be there in person). If he wins and then steps in with a top level opponent I probably will pay.

I can see where Union is coming from, little bit of a con given the opponent and his time away from the sport but as I said the options were pretty thin on the ground from what I know. ITV was talked about but they are so afraid of having there hands burnt that they won't commit to any kind of multiple fight deal.

What we have to remember is that Hatton will want a multiple fight deal which includes showcase time for his stable. Financially he is also going to want something lucrative because his promotional company has been on the back burner after they were dropped by SKY.

Who is left in his stable? I would have thought they would all have left after he got dropped from Sky.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

How about if there was an offer of the chance to win a free Amir Khan T-shirt?

I never received mine, when I enquired about it... I was told to sod off. I don't think I've bought a stream off them since.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

Daz - He actually has a very decent stable of fighters. Which is why I was so surprised that SKY dropped him.

Rendall Munroe, Scott Quigg, Sergey Rabchenko, Anthony Crolla, Martin Murray, Joe Murray, Denton Vassell

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

Cheers Owen. I thought they had left him as they still fight on Sky. Headscratch

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:21 pm

No they are still under the Hatton banner, Ricky just managed to come to various deals with other promoters to get his fighters on the cards whilst he was attempting to get them a deal elsewhere...

I think it played part of the reason as to why he came back. He would of known that with himself included as a fighter he would have been able to get a good deal for his promotion company and get his fighters on the undercard.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:49 pm

Cheers Owen. Makes sense.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:57 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:No they are still under the Hatton banner, Ricky just managed to come to various deals with other promoters to get his fighters on the cards whilst he was attempting to get them a deal elsewhere...

I think it played part of the reason as to why he came back. He would of known that with himself included as a fighter he would have been able to get a good deal for his promotion company and get his fighters on the undercard.

Primetime won't help that out though, a smaller audience and ties with a channel that doesn't show boxing on a regular basis, only PPV fights

If he has turned down Channel 4 and ITV (and sky to a lesser extent) he has hurt his stable who had the chance to impress to a mainstream audience and enable them to show a couple more hatton promotion cards

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:10 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:No they are still under the Hatton banner, Ricky just managed to come to various deals with other promoters to get his fighters on the cards whilst he was attempting to get them a deal elsewhere...

Primetime won't help that out though, a smaller audience and ties with a channel that doesn't show boxing on a regular basis, only PPV fights

If he has turned down Channel 4 and ITV (and sky to a lesser extent) he has hurt his stable who had the chance to impress to a mainstream audience and enable them to show a couple more hatton promotion cards

Couldn't have said it better WHU.

With the likes of Buckland, Quigg and Crolla (young guys, a lot to show and prove) being on Primetime isn't going to market them well to the masses. On the same token though, they will be paid and their fights may not have even been shown on the likes of ITV (who would show 1 undercard and the main fight).

Either way, I certainly won't be buying it. Not when you consider the stacked GBP cards you can get on Boxnation for £10 a month.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

Maybe the monmey being offered on C4 and ITV were offering would not be enough to pay his stable of fighters. Short term pain for long term gain? Tough choice. He has to go with his boxers as opposed to the fans.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down