The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolph ziggler

+11
MIG
nasisillmatic
Crimey
JoshSansom
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
MtotheC
The Awesome Giz
Mr Video Man
nadeem2099
Kaiser
15 posters

Go down

Dolph ziggler Empty Dolph ziggler

Post by Kaiser Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

Best seller in the business??? What do we recon I think he is a good worker he went through a stage at the start of the year pulling double duty for around a month on raw, I have just watched his match with Daniel Bryan and thought some of the stuff they came up with in the match was brilliant, and the way Dolph sold the moves punishment was good. Your thoughts

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Dolph ziggler Empty Re: Dolph ziggler

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:19 pm

Define "business". As in just the WWE or the entire world of the planet Earth.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:30 pm

best seller in wwe without a doubt and i have yet to see anyone better at selling moves as this video proves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqzTI0NEiqc
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

Ziggler could probably sell in the telemarketing business.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Thu 25 Oct 2012, 7:52 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Define "business". As in just the WWE or the entire world of the planet Earth.

I mainly watch wwe I'll admit but I also watch Tna so come on nadeem2099 show me the fiber of your fabric back up your question with some examples from other promotions around the world always happy to learn more pal.

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:07 pm

I think a top star needs to be able to do more than just convincingly take a bump, Ziggler is over ratted in my opinion, I haven't seen much to suggest he could ever be a top drawing ppv selling star. He doesn't really generate heat as a heel and when he does it's off the back of vickie which just cheap heat. Ziggler needs to do a lot more to convince me that he will ever be real WHC caliber. I really don't get the buzz around him that most others on this board generate.

Last edited by MtotheC on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:17 pm

I really thought Ziggler was the next best thing about the WWE several months ago, but now I think he's a victim of his own 'success'. Yes he sells well but I don't see him as a world champion or face of the company. There's not enough to his character that would make me think he's going to be the next big thing. And I would argue Bobby Roode is an excellent seller also.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:19 pm

Ziggler bumps like no other in the WWE today, it's a good thing but its fast becoming his best thing, that for me could be a problem, Shawn Michaels was the best bumper I've ever seen yet it was only a small fragment of his over-all game, this seems to be one of Ziggler's most noticable attributes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:20 pm

If this business was about the ability to sell then heath slater would be entered into the hall of fame for his selling of the clothes line from hell at raw 1000

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 25 Oct 2012, 8:23 pm

I was trying to think who did that!!!

Slater sold that like Vince was holding a gun to his grannys head

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 25 Oct 2012, 9:30 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Ziggler bumps like no other in the WWE today, it's a good thing but its fast becoming his best thing, that for me could be a problem, Shawn Michaels was the best bumper I've ever seen yet it was only a small fragment of his over-all game, this seems to be one of Ziggler's most noticable attributes

It really is his best feature at the moment - I am surprised that they haven't considered the idea of repackaging him as a face who takes lots of punishment before ultimately battling to victory. A kind of Rey-esque underdog but more believable ...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 25 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm

I think Ziggler has become massively overrated, particularly as obviously the feedback over his good selling must have gotten back to him and his selling is verging on the over the top these days.

I'm not sure he's as charismatic as people say and I believe his ability to sell is no where near enough to get him above the level of a Shelton Benjamin for example.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:26 am

I've said for a long time he is being used as a sell monkey, and will find it hard to break that. I fear he his destined for the Shelton Benjamin role.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:30 am

I still think he'll go on to be a top star. He needs to break away from Vickie and have either a top feud with a top star or given a decent title run. Thats the only way we'll know for sure if he has it in him to be top level.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

How and when do people think he will cash in the briefcase?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:42 am

Dolph Ziggler could sell condoms to Melina!

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:43 am

I'd like Punk to defeat Ryback and then Rock to hold on to his title until Wrestlemania where he defends in a triple threat against Rock and Cena. Either Rock or Cena will win the match to become new WWE Champion. Then Ziggler will come out cash his briefcase in and win the title.

Yeah right, dream on.....

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:49 am

Is he allowed to cash in either title?

I've thought that if they want Dolph to really get over, he should cash it in 1 on 1 in a normal match, after all he is the show off. I'd have been building a slow burner face turn that really get going after the Rumble. Then maybe just after EC, announce that he was cashing it at WM against the World Heavyweight Champion.
Sheamus would still be champion and he squares off against Dolph (first match on the card of course), face vs face. Ziggler just about does enough to win, ends Sheamus' year long streak, and goes on to establish himself as a main eventer.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:47 pm

I can see Dolph cash it in on Sunday, with all this talk of Big Show losing in double quick time to Daniel Bryan last year I can see the same thing happen this Sunday, Show beats Sheamus, Sheamus ends up brawling with him, hits him with the Brogue and then out comes Ziggler to beat him quicker than DB did

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

Not overly convinced about Dolph's long term main event potential, he's starting to become a parody of himself as a bump machine. I can't say I was too impressed by reports that Dolph was looking to incorporate a huge bump into every match, if he's more concerned with having people remember a particular bump than the match as a whole then he's got a problem.

As for cashing in the MITB briefcase, with Vickie Guerrero being the authority figure on RAW (for now) I'd have Dolph move away from her and strike out on his own. Then I'd have him cash in on a heel Randy Orton, who's supposedly turning before the end of the year. They could even hold off on this until Wrestlemania, because currently on the Smackdown side of things I can't see where their Wrestlemania main event is coming from.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:59 pm

I was watching that video of his bumps and can't say I was impressed, he's over selling far to much, a good bump is making the fall look realistic, like you say Y2, he's become a parody of himself.

I do think him winning the Rumble and cashing in on a heel Randy Orton would be a great way to build a good SD WHC feud for WrestleMania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:29 pm

it's as if he's found a niche for himself that has given him a reputation and set him apart from the pack. It's as if he's clinging to this niche now in order to somehow be relevent or 'prove' himself as a top player, which is why he's guilty of over-selling at times and becoming a parody of himself.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:44 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=O6DLFEd5ZLA
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:58 pm

I think we should take this opportunity to state our best dolph could sell... Lines

I'll start:

Dolph could sell tna tickets in a wwe board of directors meeting

Dolph could sell CM Punk a vodka and coke

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

Dolph, like JR, could sell Ice to the Eskimos.

On a serious note, I reckon they've wasted too much time pulling the trigger on Dolph. He was pretty hot coming out of MitB and the next few months. Now I reckon a cash in will be a damp squib. They need to turn him face and give him a built up cash in, instead of a heel cheap cash in.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:03 pm

Dolph could sell The Great Khali talent

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

Samo wrote:Dolph, like JR, could sell Ice to the Eskimos.

On a serious note, I reckon they've wasted too much time pulling the trigger on Dolph. He was pretty hot coming out of MitB and the next few months. Now I reckon a cash in will be a damp squib. They need to turn him face and give him a built up cash in, instead of a heel cheap cash in.

That's been wwe's problem for the last 3/4 years, they have someone who was hot and has momentum for a particular moment of time, then wwe just sit on it, not pulling the trigger. By the time they do its all lost and the push fails and named wrestler is considered a flop by the fans and execs alike. The one time they have done it was CM Punk last night and even then they have pretty much ballsed that up with the HHH feud right up to now.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

MtotheC wrote:I think a top star needs to be able to do more than just convincingly take a bump, Ziggler is over ratted in my opinion, I haven't seen much to suggest he could ever be a top drawing ppv selling star. He doesn't really generate heat as a heel and when he does it's off the back of vickie which just cheap heat. Ziggler needs to do a lot more to convince me that he will ever be real WHC caliber. I really don't get the buzz around him that most others on this board generate.

This about sums up Dolph for me perfectly

Oh and ....

Dolph could sell vegetables to a Scotsman.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down