The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8

+15
JoshSansom
more_awesome_than_a_ri
JJJohnson
The_Enigma
Price Check On Jackass
Miz NG
Hero
Marky
MIG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mat
President Trump
Beer
Kay Fabe
MtotheC
19 posters

Go down

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the last 12 months

V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_lcap27%V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 14 ]
V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_lcap13%V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 7 ]
V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_lcap38%V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 20 ]
V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_lcap4%V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_lcap0%V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_lcap17%V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 52

Poll closed

V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Empty V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:44 am

The awesome Miz dominated what was a relatively weak group yesterday and never looked in danger of not progressing into the next round, joining him is Zach Ryder who just pipped Devon and o'riely to second place by one vote.

Next up is group 8

Please vote for the wrestler you believe has generated the best work in the last 12 months

As always please leave a comment as to why you voted

The top two will progress into round 2

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8 Empty Re: V2 WWC 2012 Round 1 Group 8

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:23 am

1 vote for Mason Ryan already- Matt's up early!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:40 am

Samoa Joe for me, I stopped watching for 5/6 months but after his losing streak heading into last years BFG it looks like TNA are finally behind him again, I'm still unsure that Hogan and Co have actually got faith in him to be the guy but at least they're using him far better, now this may indicate that TNA do have faith in him or they're merely appeasing his fans and building him as a guy a top guy needs to beat, time will tell but I like everything about Joe, I like his look, it's horrendous but it's unique and you genuinely wouldn't walk up to him and give him fashion tips, his move set and range is superb too and I thought his story with Magnus has been very good.

I've always seen a lot of Austin in Joe in the way his character is, I still do, this is a big group, I just hope someone like Joe has done enough

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:46 am

Sheamus hasn't really impressed me. His feud with Del Rio has been a snooze fest by all accounts.

Jericho wasn't really that impressive during his return apart from the trolling, and as per usual he leaves .

Samoa Joe is still fat. Still looks like he's gonna kill the next person who says the word 'calorie' and I don't like TNA.

Gabriel has potential. His future will depend on whether Vince will allow him to let his wrestling do the talking.

The there's Mason Ryan. The Masonater. The Big Ryoni. The only man to have escaped from Chris Jericho's 1004 holds (including 736 armbars). He simply is a phenomenal talent. And he's Welsh. Welsh wrestlers are basically 1 in a million, so when one comes along, you know you've got something special.

Do you know how Ryback got his name. Vince wanted Ryan Back, 'Ryback'. The long term plan is for Ryan and Ryback to headline Mania 30.

His charisma is second to none. His gritted teeth and eyes wide state has put fear into many a house show dark match participant. Jethro, from Carbuck, West Virginia had this to say....

Ur darn tooting he scary. He got dem big ol' eyes, like a, like a thing wi big ol' eyes. Like a bug or sunting. He got arms the size of a chilli dog stand.

A chilli dog stand!!!!!!

Would you wrestle one of them!!? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:51 am

+1

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:55 am

MtotheC wrote:1 vote for Mason Ryan already- Matt's up early!

Wasn't me actually Laugh

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:04 am

If Ryan wins this round Obama should get Beer on the campaign trail

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:15 am

I went for Chris Jericho

Even though his only win came against Dolph Ziggler, I thought the comeback was very effective, he did some excellent work against Punk, especially with the alcohol angle, had a great Wrestlemania match, and showed the rest of the roster how you promo!

And he desecrated the Brazilian flag - samba poofs

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 26 Oct 2012, 9:55 am

Kay Fabe wrote:If Ryan wins this round Obama should get Beer on the campaign trail
]

I think Romney needs me more.

In all seriousness, none of them really impressed me, so i'm sticking with Ryan for this.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:11 am

I'm up for a laugh as much as the next guy. But I really don't get people voting for Mason Ryan and I think it kind of makes a mockery of the work that MtotheC puts into this competition.

Sheamus has had a good run with the title but it hasn't really impressed me much or captivated me. Jericho's comeback was ok. It was kind of hit and miss and a little confusing. I don't watch TNA so can't comment on Samoa Joe. No idea who Robbie E is. Justin Gabriel is decent but he's hardly set the world alight.

Ah well, Mason Ryan it is then I guess...................nah I'll go Sheamus.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:19 am

I went for Sheamus.

Has genuinely been a revelation since turning face, he's surpassed Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio as Smackdown's top face, and his entrance theme, well...

music It's a shame for they, lobster head
A careless man who could wind up dead
You wear your sin like it's some kind of prize
Too many limes, too many limes music

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

MIG wrote:I'm up for a laugh as much as the next guy. But I really don't get people voting for Mason Ryan and I think it kind of makes a mockery of the work that MtotheC puts into this competition.

+1 on this, show MtotheC a little respect please people.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:05 am

I actually think I can sort of justify why a vote for Mason Ryan is a vote for the winner of the WWC 2012.

Sheamus for a world champion has had a bit of meh year. Beat Bryan in a record time, but I don't think I've enjoyed any of his feuds over the world title. Particularly ADR which was dull as dishwater.

Jericho's umpteenth return was shocking after about the first month. Punk is on a completely different level to him.

Samoa Joe, I don't watch TNA so no vote there.

Justin Gabriel, he couldn't even last as Heath Slater's tag team partner!

And now the man mountain, the welsh wonder, Cardiff's answer to Batista! What's to say about this man that hasn't already been said? Well quite a lot actually.

First of all, he was a gladiator!! How many of the others in this group can say that?

A favourite of Vince's, Mason was given the chance to be a part of the New Nexus. But he didn't stay long because Punk was holding him back from his true potential. Would you rather be alongside Punk or wrestling dark matches against JTG?! You see this CM Punk-that's based on Mason Ryan.

Ryback only got this gimmick becauase at the time Mason Ryan was out injured. It should be the match everyone has wanted to see since he left the New Nexus at Hell in a Cell, Ryan vs Punk for the WWE Title.

You see whilst CM Punk has been dropping pipeboms, and Heath Slater has been picking up the debris, Mason Ryan is the man who takes out the trash with the debris in.

A vote for Mason Ryan is a middle finger salute to the indy darlings, the IWC favourites. You're not just voting for a wrestler, you're voting for a change in pereception of wrestlers across the world. Vote Mason Ryan!

Mat.Out.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:14 am

Tough group! Went with Samoa Joe as his 2012 is ending a whole lot better than when it started.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Price Check On Jackass Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:17 am

I planned to vote for Joe but Beers post has swayed me towards the Masonator!

Mason Ryan your 606v2 WWC Champion!

Price Check On Jackass

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:19 am

How many more groups are there left in round 1 MtotheC?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:21 am

The_Enigma wrote:How many more groups are there left in round 1 MtotheC?

There's 16 groups in round 1

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

MtotheC wrote:
The_Enigma wrote:How many more groups are there left in round 1 MtotheC?

There's 16 groups in round 1

Round 2 is where it really gets interesting, as you have all the winners and runners from round 1 so each group is pretty strong

for example you could have a group of 4 in round 2 consisting of:

Finlay
Mason Ryan
Heath Slater
???

...really strong Whistle

Last edited by MtotheC on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

I'll also add I'm not mocking MtotheC's contest at all, it's the best thing on the wrestling board and deserves to be treated seriously, thus I didn't vote for Heath Slater when he was in the vote though 20 odd folk did. Clearly Demon is a better propaganda-merchant than myself.

However I am entitled to vote for Ryan, which I actually haven't done yet. If you can convince me to move away from the Welsh wizard to Samoan wrecking machine or Sheamoose, then go for it.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:26 am

I'm voting for Samoa Joe

I have never been a fan of Joe but he has steadily been winning me over recently on TNA. His match with Magnus at BFG was probably match of the night and all of his recent contests are more than watchable. Hopefully TNA is going to push him on now and bring out the wrecking ball, submission style that makes Joe look so dangerous.

Jericho was a waste of oxygen since his return and nothing he did was good in the slightest. He is now a poor and pale imitation of what he once was and for me he holds no kind of importance in the WWE hierarchy.

Sheamus is one of the worst world champions I have seen in recent years and it is starting to become tiresome watching him squash talent on a regular basis. Seems like "Fella" has learned a little something from his big buddy,HHH, on how to successfully make others look poor. This push has come way to soon for Sheamus and he isn't executing it, in my opinion, he should still be around US/IC level and competing with the likes of Cesaro.His feud with Del Rio needs no explanation to how poor it was, at least Big Show has made their feud moderately interesting, which I am plesantly surprised about.

Robbie E has had a nothing year and I see no star quality in him anyway. This time next year Justin Gabriel could be getting a lot more votes if WWE gets behind him. A good feud with Cesaro at US level would be good to see or a proper run in the tag division with Tyson Kidd.

Mason Ryan.....I won't even waste my time, looks like plenty of people above me have done that OK

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

Heath Slater has done SO much more than Mason Ryan in the last 12 months, which is what this competition is about. What has Ryan done in the last 12 months to warrant people's votes over Sheamus, Jericho and Joe?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:32 am

MIG wrote:Heath Slater has done SO much more than Mason Ryan in the last 12 months, which is what this competition is about. What has Ryan done in the last 12 months to warrant people's votes over Sheamus, Jericho and Joe?

I set out my argument mate.

Put it this way, has Finlay done anymore than Mason Ryan? I think not.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

Mat wrote:
MIG wrote:Heath Slater has done SO much more than Mason Ryan in the last 12 months, which is what this competition is about. What has Ryan done in the last 12 months to warrant people's votes over Sheamus, Jericho and Joe?

I thought that was a joke.
So you're argument aside from not being overly impressed with the others is.......he was a gladiator. Was that in the last 12 months?

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:38 am

Mat wrote:

Put it this way, has Finlay done anymore than Mason Ryan? I think not.

If we're not joking around now, Finlay has done more than Mason Ryan in the last 12 months Whistle

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:41 am

MIG wrote:
Mat wrote:

So you're argument aside from not being overly impressed with the others is.......he was a gladiator. Was that in the last 12 months?

I've edited my post to include a bit more.

Like I said, I don't watch TNA so I can't vote for Joe-who is clearly picking up a lot of votes judging by responses on the thread, or Robbie E.

Gabriel has done no more than Mason Ryan has. And like I've said, I don't rate the years Sheamus and Jericho have had. I don't base my vote on what they've won, incidentally Jericho has won nothing. Sheamus has got the world title, that should have been a stepping stone to greater things but I don't see that he has improved at all. He's one of the most boring champions in history. So why shouldn't I get to vote for my favourite? Maybe it was a bit of a joke at first but I do think Ryan has potential. He's everything Vince loves. I don't see there is that much difference between him and Ryback.

And if I have to keep saying it, I haven't voted yet. Instead of taking pot shots, convince me why I should vote for Gabriel, Sheamus or Jericho?

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:59 am

Mat wrote:
MIG wrote:
Mat wrote:

Like I said, I don't watch TNA so I can't vote for Joe-who is clearly picking up a lot of votes judging by responses on the thread, or Robbie E.

Gabriel has done no more than Mason Ryan has. And like I've said, I don't rate the years Sheamus and Jericho have had. I don't base my vote on what they've won, incidentally Jericho has won nothing. Sheamus has got the world title, that should have been a stepping stone to greater things but I don't see that he has improved at all. He's one of the most boring champions in history. So why shouldn't I get to vote for my favourite? Maybe it was a bit of a joke at first but I do think Ryan has potential. He's everything Vince loves. I don't see there is that much difference between him and Ryback.

And if I have to keep saying it, I haven't voted yet. Instead of taking pot shots, convince me why I should vote for Gabriel, Sheamus or Jericho?

If I have to keep saying it.......this competition is who has done the best work over the last 12 months not who your favourite is. Otherwise I would have voted for Chris Jericho.
I don't want to convince you to vote for anyone. I was just pointing out that Mason Ryan has done nothing in the last 12 months so doesn't warrant a vote. And I agree Finlay probably didn't deserve to go through the other day but that has nothing to do with this, they're not in the same round and I didn't vote for Finlay.
I'm not taking pot shots and I wasn't originally picking on you anyway regardless of whether you've voted yet or not. I was talking about anyone who has voted for Ryan.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by more_awesome_than_a_ri Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:05 pm

Voted for Sheamus

His feud with Del Rio may have been boring, but he was on a hot streak from the start of the year which took him through to a Royal Rumble victory. His title win over Bryan in 18 seconds has strangely seemed to work badly for him and worked out well for Bryan!!

They're trying to portray him as a fun, jokey type of guy when, in my opinion he should just go back to being the fella (hehehe) who just comes out and kicks a$$.

Jericho didn't really do much, I don't watch TNA and Mason Ryan hasn't done much in 12 months.

more_awesome_than_a_ri

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

MIG wrote:
Mat wrote:
MIG wrote:
Mat wrote:

If I have to keep saying it.......this competition is who has done the best work over the last 12 months not who your favourite is. Otherwise I would have voted for Chris Jericho.
I don't want to convince you to vote for anyone. I was just pointing out that Mason Ryan has done nothing in the last 12 months so doesn't warrant a vote. And I agree Finlay probably didn't deserve to go through the other day but that has nothing to do with this, they're not in the same round and I didn't vote for Finlay.
I'm not taking pot shots and I wasn't originally picking on you anyway regardless of whether you've voted yet or not. I was talking about anyone who has voted for Ryan.

Fair enough.

I've still voted for him though. And he's not even going through at the moment.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

Didn't Jericho wrestle for the wwe title at mainia or was that mason Ryan??? Whistle

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

To be fair the guys in the competition are based on the PWI rankings so guys like Ryan must have done something this year to be on it, we might not always see it but he must have been working a lot.

I also don't think it's disrespectful to MtotheC's competition to pick whoever you want, after all it was he himself who included Ryan into the competition

If I don't like either of the top two seeds I'll just pick an underdog I personally like, I'm guessing most are the same

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:47 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:To be fair the guys in the competition are based on the PWI rankings so guys like Ryan must have done something this year to be on it, we might not always see it but he must have been working a lot.

I also don't think it's disrespectful to MtotheC's competition to pick whoever you want, after all it was he himself who included Ryan into the competition

If I don't like either of the top two seeds I'll just pick an underdog I personally like, I'm guessing most are the same

The whole concept is predominately based on personal opinion so people should feel free to vote for whoever they want, I don’t see it as disrespectful, just find others opinions curious, however that’s what creates debate which is what the WWC is for

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:48 pm

All that is fair enough, but I'm willing to bet most of the people who voted for Mason Ryan, did it to be funny.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:51 pm

That may be the case, if it stops Jericho going through then it's job well done

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:59 pm

Stats o'clock...

In 2011 Y2J was seeded 1st in group six, Jericho won that group bagging 73%

Sheamus battled it out with Cena in round 1 last year finishing second with 16 votes to Cena's 17

Last year’s Group 11 was a three way battle between Samoa Joe who took 1st place with 50% of the vote and the joint runners up The animal Batista and the world’s strongest man Mark Henry who picked up 10 votes each

Robbie E, Justin G and Mason R all failed to make it out of the first group stages

Therefore three of last year’s round 2 participants are in this group and unless we get a tie for second one will miss out on either repeating last year’s performance or bettering it.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:00 pm

MIG wrote:All that is fair enough, but I'm willing to bet most of the people who voted for Mason Ryan, did it to be funny.

I genuinely did it because none of the others interest me.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:46 pm

Went for Samoa Joe even though I am not the biggest TNA fan. Jericho was phoning it in throughout his run and Sheamus is just awful at the moment. I actually dislike any segment he is involved in with his funny guy face character.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 26 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

Sheamus has completely lost direction since RR, Jericho has only done 6 months, Joe is the clear favourite to progress so I went for the man that has constantly delivered despite being lumbered by an awful gimmick... Robbie E

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 26 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

I think Jericho is in the right position due to his stature in the WWE but I hope he doesn't qualify for a number of reasons

Firstly, his comeback was an abject failure, the whole return promos where good but the focus of his return was beyond flawed, however the fact they did choose to target Punk and had Jericho play second fiddle to him in everything he did rendered the whole return pointless, all he did was see that Punk was going places and pushed to get back so he could take on the fastest rising star in the World Title match at Mania, Jericho did absolutely zilch for Punk or for the WM buy-rate

He's a go to guy, a guy everyone trusts to put on a decent performance but no-one believes can be the big star, thus why he does the jobs at almost every opportunity, his jobs are that frequent he doesn't even elevate people when he loses to them now

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 26 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

As much as I love Jericho, I cant vote for him over Sheamus. He's won the Rumble, and held the WHC since Mania. Thats really, REALLY hard to overlook.

That said, I voted for Joe. He's shown why hes one of the best technical wrestlers going. Hes got great skills, he can move well for his size, can tell a good story in the ring, and looks like a beast when he wants to. Hopefully after his BFG series showing the top brass at TNA will keep him in high regard.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Oct 2012, 6:04 pm

Not that id vote for Sheamus, but if you're looking to see why you could vote for anyone but Mason Ryan then I would watch the two out of three falls match Sheamus had with D Bryan, was an absolutely cracking match which showed he could mix it up.

Jericho's matches were generally all of a good standard but it lacked something. He should have won something. He could have been used better to get Sheamus over rather than carrying on in a Raw scene he couldn't have real impact on.

Gabriel has had some good matches alongside Kidd, and a couple good contests with Cesaro, he's a very watchable wrestler.

Robbie E is one to watch quite possibly, he showed some decent character in recent skits but has then been a victim of the TNA booking policy where people disappear for a couple weeks without explanation.

Samoa Joe is the best wrestler TNA has and puts on fantastic performances on such a consistent level. A monster who is perfectly managed in his character, allowed to prosper as a tweener who doesn't care about anyone else, in a way WWE doesn't dare let their wrestlers operate anymore. In my eyes he should be leading that company, in fact he really should be leaving it and destroying most of the WWE roster. Gets my vote

Last edited by chris.wilkerson13 on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 26 Oct 2012, 7:38 pm

As much as i love Y2J my vote goes for Sheamus

In the last 12 months been very impressed with the guy. Has had some decent matches, Including one of the matches of the year at Extreme Rules against Daniel Bryan. Had a great finish to the rumble, with a great broque kick on Jericho.

Has had a boring feud with Del Rio, but i think Del Rio is to blaim because he is just a waste of space.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Oct 2012, 11:40 pm

Samoa Joe is everything a big guy in wrestling should be.
Mason Ryan is everything a big guy in wrestling shouldn't be.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 27 Oct 2012, 7:48 am

Samo Joe qualifies in first place with the great white Sheamus in second

WWC back Monday

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content