The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 2 Predictions revealed

+2
Hero
kamran
6 posters

Go down

Round 2 Predictions revealed Empty Round 2 Predictions revealed

Post by kamran Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 am

Predictions from the following managers....

CF
Benfica vs Atletico : 2-1 to Benfica (kagawa, Fellaini) (Godin)

Lazio vs Napoli: 2-1 to Lazio ( Luiz,Klose) (De ceglie)

Porto vs Schalke: 3-3 (Vermalen, Pedro,Ribery) (Howedes,Villa,Carvalho)

Spurs vs Newcaslte: 2-1 to Spurs (higuain x2) (Collocini)

Russell_Elmo
Benfica vs. Atletico Madrid
2-1
Van Persie x2 - Ozil
I believe the two sides are quite similar in terms of the midfield but upfront Van Persie is too much of a goal threat and being supported by the likes of Kagawa and Fellaini will only aid him. I don’t rate Suarez up front by himself, he’s not an out and out striker and would struggle to get goals.

Roma vs. Valencia
1-1
Cisse -Drogba
A tight game, difficult to predict. I think it would come down to who could take their chances, rather than one side dominating possession. Don’t think Navas would be as effective down the left, as he’d look to cut in to his favoured side. Still think both teams need to improve defensively.

Porto vs. Schalke
2-1
Tevez x2 - Berbatov
Again I think they’re similar teams, in terms of quality. I don’t rate Kaka anymore, in this league he’s riding on his name more than his real life performances. Can’t recall the last time he actually did anything spectacular. So for that I think Porto have more in terms of going forward, Especially with the likes of Ribery up against Rafael. That’s another area that needs to be improved.

Spurs vs. Newcastle
1-3
Higuain - Ibrahimovic x 2 Cazorla
Newcastle for me all the way, with Modric no longer in the midfield I don’t see much coming from Spurs. Veloso (as stated last week) is overrated and would struggle against the likes of Pirlo and Tiote. Parker is a good anchor man but not much else. Also believe Vertonghen and Gallas would struggle with Newcastle’s attack.

Pullthestrings
Benfica 1-2 Atletico
Van Persie : Ozil, Godin

This one was tough to call. I think there would certainly be goals - areas to exploit for both sides. Atletico's midfield three would work well, and hold the lion share of possession. When they get forward, Tymo would be left wanted on his own. Not sure the Benfica defence would have the pace to deal with the likes of Ozil and Suarez running at them all day. Going for an away win here.

Roma 1-2 Valencia
Pjanic : Drogba, Navas

How many bloody Pereira's are there?! Gonna go for an away win again, I just think Valencia's side has more experience in it and will be able to do the job at Roma. Roma have talent, but not sure if they'll all be firing consistently on the same day. It only takes a bad day for a couple to start leaving holes for Navas, Robben etc to start exploiting. Xavi and Gago will dictate play well, but De Rossi will do his best to disrupt this. Roma's front two have the ability to cause problems, but reckon Rami and Vidic will be able to handle them.

Lazio 1-1 Napoli
Hernandes : Lavezzi

Tough encounter here, a real midfield battle will be on show. Some sparks of brilliance from the likes of Hazard, Hamsik but in general chances will be limited. Two strong, experiences centre back combinations on show here who will do well at handling the attacks. Reckon Shaqiri and Hazard could have some joy against Napoli's full backs. Going for a draw.

Porto 2 - 1 Schalke
Yaya, Pedro : Kaka

Note: I haven't taken into account the extra goal for Schalke due to the injury of Maicon, I've predicted the game based on the sides I see.

Two very strong sides on show here. I'm gonna opt for a Porto win - I think their side is more balanced and will be able to handle the threats Schalke pose. For example, Yaya and M'Vila is a great combination. I also think Porto's players are in better form. Schalke have some great talents, but the likes of Villa, Kaka, Carvalho, Maxi haven't been firing for a while.

Hodgey
Benfica 1-1 Atletico
RvP : Ozil

Lazio 1-0 Napoli
Hazard

Porto 2-1 Schalke
Ribery, Pedro
Kaka

Spurs 2-1 Newcastle
Mata, Higuain
Cazorla

Sodhat
Benfica 1-2 Atletico Madrid
Suarez, Ozil; RVP
Benfica need a little improvement on the wing or I would say they could have snatched a draw in this one. They meet a very strong looking side, and although Suarez is prone to wastefulness in front of goal, I think he keeps it together to score today and typically RVP equalises beating Puyol to a Kagawa through ball. The winner comes from Ozil with a curling effort from the edge of the area.

Valencia 3-1 Roma
Robben x2, Drogba; Osvaldo
Valencia have extremely talented wings in an attacking sense and I can see them creating chances all day. Roma lack a little spark in their team, although Pjanic is capable, he is overloaded with work in a 2 man CM role. Robben scores a couple of typical goals, weaving inside from the right flank and finding the net, while Osvaldo scores a header to get Roma back into it. Drogba finishes the match with a cool finish after being laid in by Navas.

Porto 2-1 Schalke
Tevez, Ribery; Villa
Schalke are a much improved side, but I think there are questions as to whether Rafael and the aging Carvalho would be able to keep out a stellar front four from Porto. Villa scores first for Schalke who catch Porto by surprise on the counter, but after that the impeccable link play between Sneijder, Tevez, Pedro, and Ribery provides Porto with two goals. There is always a lingering threat from Schalke, and the Porto full backs will be targeted, but the CBs cut the supply to Berbatov and ride it out.

Spurs 1-1 Newcastle
Higuain; Ben Arfa
Two strong teams and with similar set ups so I think it will be a close one. I can see Newcastle dominating the midfield with their brawn and beauty and I'm not sure Spurs can get close to Pirlo to stop him dictating. I can see a goal coming from the left side with Newcastle taking advantage of Alba's attacking prowess to get Ben Arfa inside the full back and to slot them ahead. I'm still not sold on Mascherano at CB though and I reckon Mata will find the ever moving Higuain to crash them an equaliser.

CaptainUnited
Benfica 0-1 Atletico Madrid
schwein

Roma 1-2 Valencia
cisse
xavi,robben

Lazio 0-0 Napoli

Porto v Schalke f*** me <doh>

Spurs 1-2 Newcastle
bale
cazorla,ibra

Hero
Benfica v Atletico Madrid
1-1 RVP - Ozil

Very much a battle of the midfield seeing Fellaini, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, Kagawa etc duking it out and it's hard to separate them, RVP upfront is pretty much guaranteed a goal but both sides certainly have weaknesses, Benfica on the flanks and Madrid at the back.

Roma v Valencia
0-3 Drogba, Navas, Robben
You look at both sides there and man for man Valencia come out on top pretty much on every player. Valencia look a really strong team and could really challenge for the title with the team he's ensembled whilst the Roma manager needs to realise DeRossi is living on past form.

Lazio v Napoli
2-1 Klose, Hazard - Cavani
Lazio's midfield is a nice little unit of the two Juve players and with young talent like Xhaka and Hazard combining on the flanks I could see them causing Napoli trouble. Napoli need to mix up their squad a little more I think, started nicely with Lavezzi and Subotic but now needs to build on it.

Porto v Schalke
2-2 Tevez, Ribery - Kaka, Berbatov

Whilst both teams have quite a number of names on paper I think a lot are yesterday's men or guys that just aren't frankly as good as the rep they have built up (M'Vila the prime example). A lot of back page headline grabbers but two teams that seem to be built on reputation over current ability.

Cor Blimey Guvnor
Benfica 0 - 1 Atletico Madrid
----------------- Suarez

Tight affair at the Stadium of Light as the home side are set up well and difficult to break down. Huge contrast on the wings for Benfica where Giggs provided experience but struggled to create much and Suso has talent but not the experience. The home side created few clear cut chances. Atletico have a strong spine and despite the struggle to create clear cut chances themselves, a late strike from Suarez after good work from Turan won the points. Overall, Atletico are the better looking side who posed the greater threat.

Roma 0 - 1 Valencia
--------------- Xavi

Roma have few star players but do have a solid defensive unit which kept things tight against a more attacking looking Valencia side. Some interesting match ups across the park, no more so than the excellent De Rossi and Xavi. Overall, Valencia have the greater talent and goal threat although Roma made it hard and a single strike from Xavi was all that separated the sides.

Lazio 0 - 1 Napoli
-------------- Cavani

A third straight away win this week as two more very evenly matched sides faced each other..Napoli have an established front three and they were the reason for the win today as they forged the better chances where chances were rare. Cavani showed what a good player he is with an excellent finish after good work from Lavezzi. Not much on it but Napoli just edge this one.

Spurs 1 - 1 Newcastle
Higuain --- Ibra

Nothing to separate these two sides. Both are strong and weak in the same areas and this balanced thongs out so not too surprising to see the match end in a draw. Classy finishes from Higuain and Ibra a few minutes apart saw the goal action but both sides look to have good potential going forward.

Marky
Roma 1-2 Valencia
(Cisse) (Robben, Navas)

I dont think 2 upfront works for Roma, I just don't think the midfield works as a four. De Rossi as the DM with a playmaker alongside him would work. 4-2-3-1 is overused but would be better for CF despite spunking a fortune on Ba and Cisse. Even Newcastle play one of Ba and Cisse out wide if they both play! Valencia very strong at AM, although i'd play Navas at RW and Robben at LW rather than moving Navas to accomodate Robben, Navas at RW >>> Navas at LW although the overall strengths of Valencia give them a comfortable 2-1 win.

Lazio 2-2 Napoli
(Hazard, Shaqiri) (Hamsik, Cavani)

I see Napoli have gone with the feedback and abandoned the 3-4-2-1 style of play, I think it gives his team more balance and it looks good. Hazard and Shaqiri are great on the wings but I think Lazio need to save up and get a quality centre forward, Klose is getting on and isn't great as a lone striker IMO. Good game, 2-2.

Porto 1-1 Schalke
(Tevez) (Villa)

Porto looking very strong, still waiting on injuries hurting them but a glaring error in picking the injured Maicon. Schalke would be better off signing a proper LW and playing David Villa upfront, as while Villa plays at LW for Barca, no-one here comes close to Barcelona and Villa is known as a striker whenever he plays for Spain or when he was at Valencia. It just doesn't work in this Schalke team IMO. But both teams strong in the middle and in defence leads to a 1-1 draw, plus whatever sanctions for Porto fielding an injured player.

Spurs 3-4 Newcastle
(Mata, Higuain, Bale) (Ibrahimovic x2, Cazorla, Pirlo)

Game of the week, arguably the two strongest sides. Spurs could do with improving their defence as Gallas can only do so much, and Ekotto hasn't been on form for a while. Both teams could do with improving their CMs, Tiote and Pirlo looks good on paper but I feel like they need a third CM to make that work, and Spurs struggle with Parker who isn't the player he's made out to be. It leads to a cracking game where attacks beat defences repeatedly for a thrilling 4-3 to Newcastle.

Kamran
Roma 0 - 2 Valencia
----------- Drogba, Robben

Roma started the game brightly and caused Valencia problems on the flanks but Valencia weather that storm and then provided two lightening goals of their own. Drogba stunned the home crowd with 30 yard strike and moments later Robben doubled their lead when he side-stepped Castan and rifled the shot low and hard. Roma pressed forward but this time the Valencia team defended very well and looked good for the win.
-------
Lazio 2 - 1 Napoli
Hazard ----- Cavani
Shaqiri

A dazzling solo run and goal from Shaqiri turned out to be the match-winner in the end as the game was tight first half. It was the away side that took the lead after Cavani leaped highest from the corner and smashed in his header. Napoli decided that they would stick with that goal and defend and that was their downfall as Hazard found spaces and curled home from close range. The game looked to be heading for a draw until Shaqiri nutmegged Samuel and tricked Subotic before chipping the keeper.
----------
Porto 2 - 1 Schalke
Tevez ------- Villa
Ribery

Porto survived a scare when they should have been 1 man down as well as 1 goal when Berbatov was tripped by Gibbs and sent off. Instead Berbatov put it wide. Tevez scored for the home side rounding the keeper but Villa replied with a precise strike. The home side gathered the momentum and when Pedro found space he let in Ribery who dinked it past the keeper for the winner.
----------
Spurs 2 - 2 Newcastle
Mata ---------- Sanchez, Ibra
Bale

What a great game of football. Both teams went behind and came back as strong as each other. However, both defences took a pasting. Newcastle could not handle Bale's pace whilst Spurs could handle Sanchez's movement. Mata with the first but Sanchez's volley equalised. Ibra took the lead with a free-kick but Bale's left hook shot found the net for the last equaliser.

Last edited by kamran on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 7 times in total

kamran

Back to top Go down

Round 2 Predictions revealed Empty Re: Round 2 Predictions revealed

Post by Hero Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Spurs v Newcastle

Krul
Lichtsteiner---Coloccini---Mascherano---Alba
Tiote---Pirlo
Sanchez---Cazorla---Ben Arfa
Ibrahimovich

Subs: Sterling, Good, Alnwick, Campbell

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Valenica vs ROMA

---------------------------------Stekelenburg------------------

-------Cassani-----------Burdisso----------Castan-----------Balzaretti---------------

----------------------De Rossi (c)--------------------Pjanic-------------

----Gutitrrez---------------------------------------------------------------Martin----

-----------------------------------Cisse------------Osvaldo---------------------------

Subs: Lobont,Marquinhos,Bradley,Taddei,Lamela

Back to top Go down

Post by Russell_Elmo Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Lazio vs. Napoli

Carrizo

Konko -- Luiz -- Terry -- Bertrand

Vidal -- Montolivo

Shaqiri -- Hernanes -- Harzard

Klose

Russell_Elmo

Back to top Go down