The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye vs Klitschko prediction?

+49
slash912
pauline1981
Oddy81
Marky
trottb
sugarrayb
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
Eric Da Cat
rob-glos
BALTIMORA
Twitchey
Seanusarrilius
coxy0001
kevchadders
Sir. badgerhands
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Fists of Fury
bhb001
Michaels, Sean
Kay Fabe
compelling and rich
monty junior
BoxingFan88
TimeBomb
eddyfightfan
PodgeRBR
Heavyweight Stu
Mr Bounce
Union Cane
Jukebox Timebomb
AlexHuckerby
Sugar Boy Sweetie
ArchBritishchris
licence_007
Liam_Main
joeyjojo618
Imperial Ghosty
Scottrf
fearlessBamber
D4thincarnation
azania
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
manos de piedra
oxring
Rowley
HumanWindmill
DoubleD22
Raymond
53 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Haye vs Klitschko prediction?  Empty Haye vs Klitschko prediction?

Post by Raymond Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:16 pm

I know it has probably been done before but been new I am interested to hear your views on who will win, and how? etc...

I believe that Wlad will beat Haye by late KO or on points, however in my heart I hope that Haye wins. Just can't see him getting past Wlad's jab even with his speed I think he will stuggle to cope with the speed and power of the jab. Haye may have the power to hurt Wlad, hoping he can find away through Wlad's defence.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Haye vs Klitschko prediction?  Empty Re: Haye vs Klitschko prediction?

Post by DoubleD22 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:25 pm

Haye win for me,

Wlad hasnt fought anyone with the speed of Haye to my knowledge and finding a sparring partner who has Hayes speed, movement and power is going to proove difficult. For me Haye catches him with a flurry around round 5/6 and eventualy wins with a stoppage.

im off home now anyway have a good evning gents!

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:25 pm

First up, welcome aboard, Raymond.

I see the fight as you do. For all his athleticism and speed I don't believe Haye has the orthodox skills with which to beat Klitschko to the jab, either by slipping and countering or blocking and countering. The number of times he found himself on the end of the Ruiz jab is a matter for concern, since Klitschko's jab is a very potent weapon.

Haye and his people aren't daft, and have probably been working at negotiating the incoming jab, but unless there is a marked improvement from the Ruiz fight I feel that he will be worn down and stopped late on.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:29 pm

Much as I would love to predict a Haye victory would have to go with Wlad who, whilst no picnic to watch is extremely good at what he does. You also know he turns up in peak condition and rarely if ever moves away from what works with him.

Haye on the other hand can get a little headstrong and is prone to lapses in concentration which could prove fatal in there. Am in no doubt if he can connect clean he can trouble Haye but think Wlad will know this and will be ultra cautious early and look to not take chances whilst establishing his jab and once this is done see Haye being broken down slowly and as Wlad asserts his physical strength on the occasions they are up close he will take away Haye's mobility and I see Haye being stopped anytime after the half way point.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:42 pm

I can't believe no-one's done this. Steffan would have been there in a heartbeat.

Prediction? Paiin...

*ahem*. Anyway, welcome to 606v2 Raymond.

This is a real pick'em fight for me. There's advantages for both. Haye, for all his faults (and I've picked on most of them) prepares pretty well for a fight and tends to clock an opponents weakness.

However, if he thinks he just has to land and its lights out - I think he's wrong. His power isn't so stunning at HW as at crusier. If he gasses like against Ruiz - he's in trouble - Wlad won't gas. If he doesn't learn to slip the jab - he's in trouble - Wlad will keep it in his face all night.

I can see this being a rubbish night actually. Wlad jabbing and throwing the right from range and tieing Haye up when he comes inside. Hopefully it won't come to that but you never know.

Haye's workrate needs to be higher to beat Wlad - you need to pressure him. And not just pressure him for a minute - but for 36 minutes. If his workrate doesn't outdo Dr Steelhammer - then he's blown it unless he comes up with a bingo punch IMO
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:42 pm

Haye is still something of an unknown quantity to me so I find it difficult to say.

Its pretty much garaunteed how Wlad will fight so there will be no surprises there. Haye on the other hand has a number of different ways he can approach it.

I think there will a very cagey first few rounds where Haye just tries to get a feel for the fight. We saw how he was against Valuev and Harrison. He didnt rush in and just try to blast them out as he did at cruiser level.

I think Haye will operate from the outside, circling and probing and just trying to keep from shipping jabs. How frequently attacks I think will depend alot on how well he gets to grip with the jab. There is a temption to think Haye might just adopt the same tactics as Valuev but I dont see it. The strategy of staying on the outside will probably the same but tactically I think he never intended to try and KO Valuev and his whole gameplan was to just nick the rounds and make Valuev miss.

I think he will modify this for Wlad and I think he is smart enough to realise how difficult it would be to do this. So I suspect he will start off patient and his plan will be to try and capitalise on any opening or mistake on Wlads part and look for KO shots.

I expect him to frustrate Wlad and make Wlad miss and chase far more than he has done in the past but I just find it hard to see how he wins rounds with no jab of his own and being on the backfoot so much.

At a push I would say a UD for Wlad. I think Haye will too elusive to get KOed himself and Wlads more cautious nature will probably mean hes happy to just win behind the jab at minimal risk.

I dont see it being a classic and suspect it will be one of those fights that doesnt really ever come to the boil unfortunately. I see the fight being a chess game punctuated by the odd attack from Haye here and there and maybe with Haye mounting a late rally needing a KO. Last couple of rounds could be good especially if Haye needs a KO and Wlad is confident enough to look for one himself.

Wlad UD 117-111, gun to head. But it all depends on Hayes approach really.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 20 Apr 2011, 5:53 pm

Haye doesn't throw enough for me. He has speed and power but doesn't throw combinations untill he has his opponent going. He potshots, and while he was big enough to do this at cruiser he can't do it at heavyweight. His defence needs to be improved as he is prone to the jab, and we all know how good wlads jab is. I don't rate wlads chin, but he knows how to keep it from harms way.

Wlad won't gas, he fought at a high tempo in every fight. I can see haye dancing around the ring all fight trying to KO wlad in one hit. If haye becomes better at slipping the jab and throw in bunches he could sneak a win.

I don't get it why everyone is overlooking Hayes chin but keep slating wlads. They are both chummy, the difference is that haye hasn't been caught yet. His heavyweight cv is poor an he hasn't come up against anyone in the same league as wlad. As far as speed goes, not power, I can swear chambers is about the same speed as haye and wlad dealt with him easily enough.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:09 pm

I go for Wlad inside 5 rounds. It will be a one sided beating also. Haye is not that good defensively and Wlad will be too fast for him. If Ruiz can outjab Haye, god help him when Wlad starts to land. Haye may have a few moments, but unfortunately, however talented he may be, he is a flash in the pan and will be put into his box licing his wounds before retiring into the playboy mansion.

Hope I'm wrong and someone removes both the K bros from their throne. Boring they may be, but both are very good. Haye is just not good enough.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:13 pm

Wlad to be felled by a back injury....... err.... ab injury......err more like and injury to his balls.

But if it does go ahead and the ref does not DQ Haye for punching Wlad, Haye by KO in 6 or 7 rounds.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:26 pm

Wlad by stoppage before the halfway mark.

Haye will circle at an ultra fast rate - looking to leap in with overhand rights. It wont work. In the first couple of rounds, Wlad will fend him off or grab when he gets close and look to establish his jab. By the third round Wlad will be landing jabs with sickening regularity - and the occasional right. Haye will already be tired and discouraged by this point. In the fourth and fifth Wlad will show boat - sticking out his chin before throwing his clumsy looking, but effective straight shots.

Haye will be stopped exhausted on the ropes by round 6.

I firmly believe Haye's only chance is to come out like a young Tyson and look to blitz Wlad: throwing every punch with bad intentions. If he does this Wlad's less than stellar chin may let him down and we'll have a great night for British boxing and a completely intolerable David Haye Smile

Haye's defence is poor, his engine's not great and his chin is questionable. Standing of Wlad and looking to box would be madness.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:Wlad by stoppage before the halfway mark.

Haye will circle at an ultra fast rate - looking to leap in with overhand rights. It wont work. In the first couple of rounds, Wlad will fend him off or grab when he gets close and look to establish his jab. By the third round Wlad will be landing jabs with sickening regularity - and the occasional right. Haye will already be tired and discouraged by this point. In the fourth and fifth Wlad will show boat - sticking out his chin before throwing his clumsy looking, but effective straight shots.

Haye will be stopped exhausted on the ropes by round 6.

I firmly believe Haye's only chance is to come out like a young Tyson and look to blitz Wlad: throwing every punch with bad intentions. If he does this Wlad's less than stellar chin may let him down and we'll have a great night for British boxing and a completely intolerable David Haye Smile

Haye's defence is poor, his engine's not great and his chin is questionable. Standing of Wlad and looking to box would be madness.

That's roughly how I see it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:56 pm

Here's what I wrote before, wont change my mind or I'll have to retype:

Klitschko's main asset will be his jab. Haye knows this so his strategy will focus on taking his jab away. I think his strategy will revolve around feints/threats to make Wlad think he is about to unload, draw the jab and slip it to get inside to land his powershots. This will make it a very cagey opening to the fight, as Haye's often are (and Wlad's almost always are) when he is fearful of the other guy's power; Enzo, Harrison etc. The fight centres around range control. Klitschko controls distance well with a powerful jab and large reach, with short shots inside (usually the overhand right) to punish you if you rush in carelessly, or clinching.

This clinching may be a large part of Wlad's gameplan. As the larger man he may try to wear Haye down by holding, as Haye's stamina is questioned, rightly or wrongly after gassing against Thompson so long ago. His fights have rarely gone far so it's hard to assess whether his stamina has improved. I can't see this being too important; Haye landed so many powershots against Thompson it was a miracle he was standing. The lateral movement will tire him but he will be in condition and wont have an effect unless he gets caught too often.

It's highly likely there will be a knockdown; body have questionable resistance and good power. Make no mistake, Haye has Heavyweight power, Ruiz has rarely been down in his career and Haye put him on his bum moving backward, and even staggered man mountain Valuev. However, Haye has shown me he is better able to cope with adversity. Against Mormeck he got tagged, but sensibly took a knee and regained his composure. Against Barrett he started sloppy and was put down but got back up to win. Contrast to Wlad who doesn't seem able to clear his head after getting knocked down, and Haye is a good finisher.

A jab is a lot more effective against a static target, as so many of Wladimir's opponents have been. But if Haye gets caught, you can expect the sledgehammer of a straight right following it. The fight will be more open than the bigger guy would like, and I can see him in trouble at times. But I can see his power making Haye wary enough that the opportunities aren't regular enough for Haye to earn a decision, and pick Wlad to be standing at the final bell. Ask me tomorrow I may change my mind though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 20 Apr 2011, 6:56 pm

azania wrote:That's roughly how I see it.

Yeh - noticed your post - stopped me going for < 5 rounds Smile

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:00 pm

It's one of those fights where we have absolutely nothing to go on style wise

Haye has never fought anyone like Wlad nor has Wlad faced anyone like Haye so for that reason i'm going to sit on the fence. Slightly leaning towards Hayes power and speed at the moment though.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:02 pm

Haye to knock him out inside 8 rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:06 pm

I wonder what the odds will be for this? People seem to give Haye a good chance, but like above posters have said he was eating jabs for fun vs Ruiz, and has the weaker chin (in my opinion.) I can only see Haye getting stopped mid-late rounds, although I hope Im wrong.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:15 pm

My preditcions Haye mid KO but I think if its goes past the 10th Wladamirs got a good chance of winning by KO and his prediction for a 12th round KO could come true.Hayes stamina isn't great but can go the 12 round distance as he showed against Valuev but in that fight he threw only about half the amount he would throw in a average fight.Hayes speed is going to be the main problem for Wladamir his fast hands and quick movement could cause a problem or two.While on the otherhand Hayes main problems is Wladamirs jab Haye rarely has his guard up so isn't going to block it with his gloves so hes going to have to move his head Klitchsko isnt slow so moving out of the way of the jab may be a problem if Haye gets tagged with jab a combination will likely be coming which could leave Haye in bother.For me the later rounds will be crucial to see how Hayes stamina holds out but this is all coming together to be one of the best heavyweights fights in recent history thumbsup
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:21 pm

If you are going to level the gassing accusations at Haye then the same need to be levelled at Wlad, He basically lost to Purrity and Brewster because he was punched out.

I think both guys conditioning has improved but I an see why question marks remain. Both have done 12 rounders since then (Wlad has more rounds though) but its been a case of them gassing due to being punched out rather than being unable to do 12 in the past.

Wlads big weakness is against the overhand left. This is why Sanders was so effective against him as a natural southpaw. I think its become a bit of a myth that Sanders went after Wlad with the intention of blasting him out. If you watch the fight Sanders is actually quite measured at the start and only really goes for the blitz when he realises he cant miss with the left and has Wlad hurt.

Against Brewster in round 3 again an overhand left hurts Wlad a bit and again in the 5th Wlad is punched out badly and its a left again that does the damage.

Haye has to stay on the outside because if he doesnt he will either be eating powerful jabs or tied up in energy sapping clinches against a bigger stronger man.

I far prefer the idea of making Wlad come to him, expose himself by overcommitting and then catching him with big overhand lefts over the top after Wlad has thrown the jab. It will also make Wlad expend energy by throwing, missing and chasing and although I think his conditioning has improved since Brewster its still worth Hayes trouble putting it to the test.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:21 pm

Klit is deffo the bookies' favourite, Joey.Figure that Haye can only weaken Wlad in the later rounds,personally, can't see Wlad getting bombed out early.If he's at the top of his game, I can see Haye doing just that, but would have to go with a 12 round decision which we all know would not go in Haye's direction. I give it to Wlad, but only by about 60/40. We just can't write off or underestimate Haye's power..

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:23 pm

How much of a bearing do you feel the fight being in Hamburg will have?

My money would be on Wlad via late stoppage or wide UD, although I want to see Haye win.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:30 pm

I dont see Hamburg being too big a deal. Haye has fought in Germany before and I would expect there to be a strong British away support.

Its not the sort of fight I see the judges having to much work to do in either.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Apr 2011, 7:51 pm

Aw sod it I'm still not convinced by Wlad...sitting on the fence..I just can't call it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Wed 20 Apr 2011, 9:49 pm

Tough fight to call. Haye is still a relative newcomer at HW, so his abilities there are difficult to assess. In fact if he had two more HW fights under his belt I would be more comfortable about the outcome. My prediction is a win for Haye. Wlad is good, no doubt about it. But I can see Haye being effective at working behind the jab, and jumping in with single shots and combinations. He has the power and the speed to trouble Wlad. There could be a knock out, but I'd go for a points win.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm

Have to say it's a hard one to call. There's arguements for both and I can't settle on one without reconsidering the other.

The general consensus seems to be a haye ko in six or wlad wears him down for s late stoppage/UD. Which is exactly hope I see it. So much depends on Haye - his tactics, his conditioning, his ability to get past the jab and land the bombs on wlad. I expect haye to be cagey, circle and stay out of range of wlads jab, and just wait for the gap to ambush him with power shots. He doesn't have the HW power to ko wlad with one shot, but he does hit hard enough to hurt wlad, put him down or back him up - and haye is an excellent finisher, if he gets wlad in trouble he won't let him off the hook.

Which is why I'm edging for a haye ko victory - wlads tactics revolve around a 12 round gameplan, haye is smart and knows his opponents inside out. He'll prepare meticulously for wlad and his tactics will be such that he could win at any given moment. Of course the longer the fight goes on the more tired and despondent he'll become, which is why the likelihood of wlad taking over as the fight progresses is so real. I've just got a feeling that haye will be mobile enough, quick enough and powerful enough to really shock wlad in the first 4 rounds - a more durable fighter like Ruiz can soak it up from haye, wlad doesn't have that durability which is why I think he's vulnerable to hayes attributes.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:38 pm

I took Haye about 3 rounds to land something on Harrison and about 11 rounds to land something on Valuev so I cant see him going gung how on the more formidable Wlad. Haye like to take to a round or two to feel his way around a fight. I think he will want to do the same in this.

Alot of people seem to basing this gung ho Haye approach on the idea that Sanders just blased Wlad out of there. Sanders wasnt go ho at all. He just jumed on Wlad when he knew Wlad was hurt. He hurt Wlad by staying back and just landing his left which Wlad is highly susceptiable. Once Wlad was rocked he just went for the kill.

Haye isnt a southpaw so I dont see him having the same advantage. However if he can throw a good powerful overhand left then thats the punch to beat Wlad and counter when Wlad leans in with the jab.

I think Haye needs to be patient and if I were him I would plan for a long fight and to get Wlad in the later rounds when hes tired and more error prone. I would really put Wlads conditioning to the test. He uses up alot of energy with that jab the way he keeps it out there and if Haye can just make him chase, make him miss and tire him out then I think thats his best chance for me.

Barrelling in looking for a KO in the first couple of rounds with Hayes open defence and potentially weak chin would be suicide in my opinion. He either eats some serious leather or else gets manhandled on the inside by the more powerful man.

Haye has largely been a cautios fighter at heavyweight who takes minimal risks and I would expect that to continue.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:09 am

Right, I cannot for the life of me see Wlad making it 12, the more I think about it the more I can tell Haye will walk through him, seriously, Haye has very good counter punching I know a lot fo you will disagree with me for saying that, but I really do believe that. People make little mistakes and he's in there in a shot, Wlad's will have to take the shots ont he massive chin, and in honesty Wlad hasn't ever been hit so hard or so fast he will do the same thing that happens every time he's caught clean, walk backwards in a straight line or fall over, Vitali on the other hand, is a far different question...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:24 am

Wouldn't it be funny if we were all reading this one hopelessly wrong in assuming that Wlad's jab is key ?

I vividly recall the Bugner v Dunn fight back in the seventies. Bugner - like Wlad - was a very, very good fighter but ultra cautious. 6ft.4ins., built like a Greek god, sound fundamentals and a rock solid chin, but terribly negative. During the run up to the fight Dunn waged a relentless war of trash talk, ( there was genuine bad blood between the two, ) claiming - among other things - that he'd mounted a toilet seat in his gym with a picture of Bugner in it. Come fight night an enraged Bugner exploded from his corner and unleashed a volley of punches on the hapless Dunn, dropping him a couple or three times and sparking him inside a round.

I can't really imagine Wlad doing that, but given that everybody, ( including Haye, presumably, ) is concentrating on the Klitschko jab it would be a sensation if Wlad trumped us all by coming out snarling and snorting for the first time in his career. I should imagine that if he put some passion into his work he'd be a mighty handful. Granted, Klitschko doesn't have the chin to go gung ho too often, but given that Haye's chin is unproven at heavy I wonder if he might just be tempted ?

Anybody remember Bonecrusher Smith sparking out Witherspoon in a round ? I know there was some talk that Terrible Tim took a fall, but who knows ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:51 am

Don King won that fight for Bonecrusher.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:57 am

azania wrote:Don King won that fight for Bonecrusher.

Wasn't really my point though, was it ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:01 am

would be a sensation if Wlad trumped us all by coming out snarling and snorting for the first time in his career

Very Happy .....I'd be surprised if he threw a right hand in the first few rounds. It will be jab..jab...jab..etc

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:06 am

Windy personally think this is what Haye is banking on with the trash talk and the T-shirts., Believe he knows if Wlad fights his usual fight and is able to establish his jab and tie him up on the inside he knows the fight will be tough and the longer it goes the more tiring the tactics will be come.

Think he is of the believe that if he can get Wlad to lose his rag with both his power and how out of his comfort zone these tactics will be for Wlad will give him his best chance of landing and I genuinely think Haye believes if he lands he takes Wlad out.

Personally whilst I can see the logic in this I don't see Wlad falling for this, he is a smart guy and is acutely aware of his failings and between his brains and Manny being in the corner I see him sticking to his tried and tested gameplan, as the old saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:08 am

rowley wrote:Windy personally think this is what Haye is banking on with the trash talk and the T-shirts., Believe he knows if Wlad fights his usual fight and is able to establish his jab and tie him up on the inside he knows the fight will be tough and the longer it goes the more tiring the tactics will be come.

Think he is of the believe that if he can get Wlad to lose his rag with both his power and how out of his comfort zone these tactics will be for Wlad will give him his best chance of landing and I genuinely think Haye believes if he lands he takes Wlad out.

Personally whilst I can see the logic in this I don't see Wlad falling for this, he is a smart guy and is acutely aware of his failings and between his brains and Manny being in the corner I see him sticking to his tried and tested gameplan, as the old saying goes if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hadn't thought about it that way round, jeff, and I think you make an excellent point.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:13 am

Two words : Corrie Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eisx8ek0l0g

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:18 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
azania wrote:Don King won that fight for Bonecrusher.

Wasn't really my point though, was it ?

I know. Just making a point. But in a way they could both be related. Tim's head was everywhere but in the ring that night because of stuff outside. Perhaps Haye can unhinge Wlad in the same way. Doubtful though as Wlad has now developed that Germanic efficiency and tunnel vision to conquer all (oops..ww2 analogies).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 21 Apr 2011, 9:38 am

I think it's gonna be an early night. I feel that Haye is going to find an opening and stun Wlad in the first couple of rounds, then follow up with a big barrage. Wlad will be embarrassed in front of his adoring German fans.

At least that's what I reckon... It's more likely to end on a tech decision for a bad cut and everyone is going to be annoyed.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:13 am

Mr Bounce wrote:I think it's gonna be an early night. I feel that Haye is going to find an opening and stun Wlad in the first couple of rounds, then follow up with a big barrage. Wlad will be embarrassed in front of his adoring German fans.

At least that's what I reckon... It's more likely to end on a tech decision for a bad cut and everyone is going to be annoyed.

Haye is going to eat so many left jabs he will be crying for a right cross in round 5.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Heavyweight Stu Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:25 am

Difficult one to call

Wlad has looked very, very good since he was last beaten, but the quality of the opposition has sometimes been questionable. Then again, the lad can only beat what's in front of him.

Much will depend on Haye's gameplan. If he tries the same tactics as against Valuev he will get caught far more often and won't land enough to trouble Wlad, who will probably win comfortably on points. If he comes out too gung ho, he might knock Wlad over, but more likely is a Carl Thompson type fight with Haye's stamina becoming an issue before he takes one too many heavy shots in the middle rounds.

If Haye can find a happy medium he has a chance, either by being busy enough to get a decision (although a tough ask in Germany), or by finding a combination to knock Wlad over.

In summary, Haye gets his tactics wrong, he has no chance. If he gets them right, he could win but it's still probably 40/60 against, given that any close points decision is likely to favour the Ukranian

Heavyweight Stu

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Thu 21 Apr 2011, 10:36 am

manos de piedra wrote:Haye has largely been a cautios fighter at heavyweight who takes minimal risks and I would expect that to continue.
If you're right he has no chance at all.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by PodgeRBR Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:54 pm

I'm going to go against the general trend here and say a Klitschko KO or stoppage in the first 5-6 rounds. I truely believe were gonna see a more aggressive, brutal and ruthless Wlad than ever before but at the same time keeping his head screwed on and sticking to a well thought out and intelligent gameplan... He is a doctor afterall!

Wlad runs off into the sunset with Hayden Panettiere.

PodgeRBR

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:56 pm

PodgeRBR wrote:I'm going to go against the general trend here and say a Klitschko KO or stoppage in the first 5-6 rounds. I truely believe were gonna see a more aggressive, brutal and ruthless Wlad than ever before but at the same time keeping his head screwed on and sticking to a well thought out and intelligent gameplan... He is a doctor afterall!

or her brother ........ allagedly. Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PodgeRBR Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:05 pm

azania wrote:
PodgeRBR wrote:I'm going to go against the general trend here and say a Klitschko KO or stoppage in the first 5-6 rounds. I truely believe were gonna see a more aggressive, brutal and ruthless Wlad than ever before but at the same time keeping his head screwed on and sticking to a well thought out and intelligent gameplan... He is a doctor afterall!

or her brother ........ allagedly. Shocked

WHAT?!?!

PodgeRBR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 23 Apr 2011, 4:54 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:I wonder what the odds will be for this? People seem to give Haye a good chance, but like above posters have said he was eating jabs for fun vs Ruiz, and has the weaker chin (in my opinion.) I can only see Haye getting stopped mid-late rounds, although I hope Im wrong.

haye is 11/8 and wlad is 4/7- wlad 5/4 for KO and haye 2/1 for KO

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TimeBomb Sat 23 Apr 2011, 5:31 pm

A lot of people are using the success Ruiz had in reaching Haye as a reason that Wlad, with an undoubtedly better jab, will have an easy night's work.

Now whilst I am not convinced Haye will not eat jabs all night I do not think the comparison to the Ruiz fight is as valid as it may seem.

Leaving aside the fact that due to an injury (a cut?) Haye had not been able to spar for weeks prior to the fight, Ruiz, in order to get his limited success had to walk through a significant number of punches and get up off the deck from a few knockdowns.

Wlad, despite his physical and technical advantages over Ruiz can not afford to take the same risks Ruiz took.

I see the fight as half way between the Ruiz and Valuev encounters. Wlad will occupy the centre of the ring and carry the fight to Haye, but in a far more measured way than Ruiz, but also a more intelligent and technical way than Valuev managed.

Whether Haye will have the speed and technique to avoid the jab and land his own shots, as he did against Valuev is what makes this match up so intriguing

TimeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 24 Apr 2011, 12:11 am

Manos do you actually believe what you write? It didn't 'take' haye 3 rounds to land something, he only attempted to after 3 rounds there is a big difference. you make it sound like harrison is some defensive genius. I'm telling you now haye lands one good shot and its lights out. The only unknown and telling factor that can push this in wlads favour is Emmanuel Steward. Remember Wlad is scared out of his mind and tries to keep people away from him with the jab, once someone comes inside him with speed he won't know what to do. Its all about who lands first, if wlad can land the jab its good night david, if he can't he is going to end up finishing the fight on his back.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:55 am

Wlad is a heavyweight boxer who has fought 58 fights and won an olympic gold medal. He clearly isn't "scared out of his mind" but his chin is nothing like his brothers.. thats common consensus. In saying that though, neither is Haye's.

If Klitschko lands a straight right i think it will be all over for Haye, despite David talking himself up as a fast exciting and explosive fighter. His fights at heavyweight certainly dont point to knocking out Wlad, they've been quite monotonous. I say Haye will have his moments, maybe around round 4 but it will be all over by round 7 or 8 when Klitschko floors him.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

Just reading through this and no one has mentioned the power of Wlad's right, it would stop a truck. Haye's in for a long night.

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

Raymond wrote:Just reading through this and no one has mentioned the power of Wlad's right, it would stop a truck. Haye's in for a long night.

contradiction surely? if wlad lands the right, hayes in for a very quick night

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:44 am

I think it'll go to points and Haye would need to be exceptional to get the decision

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

Wlad KO 4-8

Like Haye but can't see him doing it unfortunately.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

ive not been so undecided in a fight for a long time!!

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next