The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A picture, a thousand words, and all that...

+7
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
tigertattie
SecretFly
kiakahaaotearoa
RuggerRadge2611
Jimpy
anotherworldofpain
11 posters

Go down

A picture, a thousand words, and all that... Empty A picture, a thousand words, and all that...

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:15 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10845668

It's obvious to Richie, but a relevation to Hansen and Foster has no idea what either of them are talking about.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

A picture, a thousand words, and all that... Empty Re: A picture, a thousand words, and all that...

Post by Jimpy Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

Johnson was definately wrong about one thing, NZ is not a "poxy little island in the Pacific''. Its two.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

A picture, a thousand words, and all that... Empty Re: A picture, a thousand words, and all that...

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:21 pm

Good article, and the picture is ammusing.

Scotland do have some skillful players but I do think turning over NZ will be an impossible task. Contaning NZ and being within striking distance at the final whistle will send me away from Murrayfiled floating.

If we get bashed I'm hoping I will have the privelige of seeing Carter and McCaw again.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:25 pm

Jimpy wrote:Johnson was definately wrong about one thing, NZ is not a "poxy little island in the Pacific''. Its two.

Erm. It's more than two. It's at least ten...

North, South, Stewart, Browns Island, Waiheke Island, White Island, Antipodes Islands, Bounty Islands, Campbell Island, Chatham Islands, Kermadec Islands...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:34 pm

The Chatham Islands can be comfortably described as poxy. Add in Scott Base in Antartica, a few islands in the southern ocean and there are a shedload of islands. Just think of it as an island country and you can't go wrong because as AWOP will tell you adjectives don't agree in number.

I think there's a great thumbnail for a youtube haka video where Richie McCaw looks the spitting image of the Uruk-hai leader.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

"No, guys.... no. No, I'm not listening. I'm keeping it. I am keeping this monchichi haircut. No debate... it's my trademark guys and nobody is going to mess with it. And AIG can go f*ck themselves, there'll be no dreadlocks for me."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

Ian Foster seems to be saying: 'if I had a hairline like that I sure as hell wouldn't put that hair helmet on top of my bonce. But I'm not going to tell him that to his face'...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 07 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

"peffermill University" laughing
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
Jimpy wrote:Johnson was definately wrong about one thing, NZ is not a "poxy little island in the Pacific''. Its two.

North, South, Stewart, Browns Island, Waiheke Island, White Island, Antipodes Islands, Bounty Islands, Campbell Island, Chatham Islands, Kermadec Islands...

Alright, its at least ten poxy islands then?

Can't be that good, most of the inhabitants are over here aren't they?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:15 pm

Jimpy wrote:

It's because we like poxy islands Whistle

NZ land area 268,700 km²
UK land area 244,800 km²
Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:45 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

NZ land area 268,700 km²
UK land area 244,800 km²
Wink

NZ human population ~4.42 million
NZ sheep population 31.1 million.

Ration of 7 sheep for every person... Whistle

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:50 pm

"The hosts will also look to their Australian skills coach Scott Johnson..."

???? The same Scott ex Wallabies coach?

He did do well in Wales but think he lost it when he left

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 07 Nov 2012, 2:54 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

NZ land area 268,700 km²
UK land area 244,800 km²
Wink

As opposed to here where people share the sheep. Whistle

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

NZ land area 268,700 km²
UK land area 244,800 km²
Wink

As opposed to Wales, where people chain the sheep to lamp-posts and re-name them 'Leisure Centres'. Whistle

Fixed it for you.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed 07 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

Please don't modify my posts in mischeivious ways! I get in enough trouble already.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Wed 07 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

Jimpy wrote:

NZ land area 268,700 km²
UK land area 244,800 km²
Wink

Well played sir

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

Has anyone else noticed that McCaw blow dries his hair before after match interviews?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 07 Nov 2012, 10:25 pm

I think it's more to do with trying to stop the blood flowing. His hair gets in the way. Whistle

So that 268,700 km² obviously does not include the Antarctica Territories, right?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 07 Nov 2012, 11:10 pm

Jimpy wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

NZ land area 268,700 km²
UK land area 244,800 km²
Wink

Cool, lamb for dinner then cos I sure havnt got my 7! Very Happy

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 07 Nov 2012, 11:26 pm

In all seriousness though, the records we have particularly against Ireland and Scotland with no losses remains for me one of the greatest historical and modern sporting feats I can think of.

Two countries who have both on their own merits achieved many successes in the sport, have a sound foundation of both amateur and professional versions of the game and between them have produced many great players.

For the amount of matches between the two sides and NZ for one to have not lost in around 25 times to either in a period spanning over a century is mind boggling, particularly since both sides know the record is on the line for most of the last twenty tests.

Sure theres Argentina and the Island sides we've never lost to but none have the history that these sides do.

Can't even recall a single similar instance of this in all of sport.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down