The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Celtic

+4
azania
spencerclarke
super_realist
Doon the Water
8 posters

Go down

Well done Celtic Empty Well done Celtic

Post by Doon the Water Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:46 am

Two great games against the best team in the world.
Very young team last night with a lot of players missing through injury.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Well done Celtic Empty Re: Well done Celtic

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 am

To be fair Doon, they did well in the first game, but it was very nearly 6 or 7 for Barca and 90% possession. It was a flattering score to be beaten 2-1. Great result last night though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Very impressive result and good to see Barca put in their place a little. People go on too much about them being the best team to have ever played.

A much needed shot in the arm for Scottish football. If Celtic can get through it will improve the Scottish co-efficient, which will have been negatively affected by the ongoings at Rangers.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Just out of interest when was the last time Rangers didn't feature in a European competition?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Spencer
Rangers and Celtic were more or less guaranteed European football.
I think Rangers did not qualify in the years before Souness/Murray took over. That would be the period when the English teams were banned from playing.
Early 1980's I think.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Cheers for that Doon. I presumed it would be when Aberdeen won the league but I wasn't sure how many teams got places at the time. What with the European cup, UEFA cup, cup winners cup.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 pm

They have a beast in that Wanyama guy. I can see him playing for a big premiership club next season.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 pm

I've not seen him before az. Where did he come from?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 am

He's Kenyan but we signed him from Beerschot in Belgium last summer, he only cost us £900,000 and is only on around £2k per week, it's a developmental contract and we've got him signed up until July 2015 with the option of an extra year

He's an absolute beast of a man and his improvement since around last December has been unbelievable, he's grown in stature and improved big time as a player, he can also play CB and is decent but is a far better CM, he's a great ball winner although he can be quite erratic at times and pick up yellow/red cards, still he's only 21 and he's still learning.

What a player, we don't need to sell but that's our business model these days, buy them young and cheap, improve them and move them on.

I'd expect Celtic to be looking in the region of £12-15m for him, its a steep outlay but he's proving himself in the CL and since Celtic have him tied up then it'll need to suit them, I do see him playing for a top 5 club in the Premiership tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Agreed Wanyama is a magnificent player, i think in the future he could play for pretty much anyone. He's certainly much better than Song his opposing number on Wednesday night.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:18 pm

It was a great win in fairness still don't know how the feic it happened but anyhow. Hate all the Irish fans saying how it 's a great win for us. Annoys the heck out of me.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:55 pm

super_realist wrote:To be fair Doon, they did well in the first game, but it was very nearly 6 or 7 for Barca and 90% possession. It was a flattering score to be beaten 2-1. Great result last night though.

its about time you shut up and just give celtic credit. youve been proved wrong with your prediction of celtic being "embarrassed" and you should just give a team ranked so low, more credit. yes they could of lost by 6 or 7. but so could chelsea against barca and bayern, but i hardly think they were bothered as they lifted the european cup.

just be quiet and eat those words i promised i was gunna cook for you

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down