The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair

+19
LuvSports!
invisiblecoolers
touch(A)parabola
lydian
hawkeye
sportslover
time please
laverfan
Mad for Chelsea
Josiah Maiestas
JuliusHMarx
banbrotam
User 774433
bogbrush
Turron
TRuffin
Spaghetti-Hans
Silver
socal1976
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair - Page 2 Empty More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 2:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Traditionally, the bench to the left of the chair umpire is reserved for the higher-ranked player in a tennis match. In the case of the year-end match at the ATP World Tour Finals between Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, the honor should have gone to Djokovic, the world No. 1.

But Federer entered the O2 Arena first for Monday's final and took the chair for himself. It's a familiar seat -- no man in history has spent more weeks at No. 1 than Federer -- but one that wasn't supposed to be his on Monday evening.

As noted by a number of tennis observers on Twitter, Djokovic appeared to notice the faux pas when he entered and seemed annoyed. He went on to lose the first nine points of the match en route to a quick 0-3 deficit. That's not saying there's any causation, mind you. Yet players, even ones with as much talent as Djokovic, have been thrown off by less.

He would rally to win the first set, 7-6.

Did Federer sit in the seat on purpose, to send a message? Was it a mistake? Does Federer always assume he's the top-ranked player in the room? I bet if Federer met the president and someone in the room said, "Mr. President, there's an urgent call for you," Federer would dig his phone out of his pocket to see who was ringing him.

It was probably a harmless accident or maybe they broke with tradition on purpose and we're all reading too much into Djokovic's reaction. For what it's worth, Federer and Djokovic both sat in the proper seats during Sunday's semifinal wins.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/12/roger-federer-novak-djokovic-chair/1700519/

I love how the media covers this guy, "it was probably a harmless accident" Roger just can't buy bad media coverage. Clearly this another case of federer's gamesmanship. How Nike has sold this guy off for 10 edberg awards is a testament to the fact that half the tour plays for them and what great marketing geniuses they are. Anyone who can sell you a crappy 30 dollar shoe made in china for 250 dollars I guess can turn federer into the second coming of the gentle steff. Does anyone believe it was a harmless accident? Or like the time he yelled at Djoko's parents was that a harmless accident? Or when he yelled at Djokovic in the 2011 AO semi claiming he was "bouncing the ball too much", was that a harmless accident as well? This is the same diva attitude he has given Novak and Andy for some reason since the start of their career. Well it almost worked as Novak couldn't win a point at the start of the match, but in the end he proved that he has graduated from being intimidated by Roger's gamesmanship, which he by the way never gets called on. Another famous Roger trick is to change his racquet in the middle of games whenever his opponent gets on a hot streak, like he wants to tell the guy don't get excited it was just a badly strung racquet.

But anyway that is why this rivalrly in particular is so great for me, its not that they hate each other or even dislike each other, but they do like to stick it to each other.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair - Page 2 Empty Re: More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

banbrotam wrote:Oh dear, you naughty Socal. I haven't dared read the replies as I actually need to do some work for once - but I can anticipate with a degree of certainty, that the Fed fans will have a good defence Laugh

Well done to Nole by the way, I could only shake my head in admiration

Whisper it gently, but it's feasible that he could win half of the slams of the next 5 years (with Andy getting the other half Yahoo ) and come close to the GOAT (I dare you to put that up as a new article!!!)

Only in terms of slam wins of course, I mean nobody has the grace, style, wit and lovelyness of Roger as we saw by the warm embrace to Nole when he lost

I'd better get out of here, people know where I live Run Run Run

Yes Banbro, I thought the forum was lacking in the proper level of energy. I don't know maybe I missed the socal as human lightening rod phase of 606v2's development. But the truth is Roger did it as gamesmanship, he isn't the great humble sportsman that has been sold to us. Most of the guys on tour would vote that award to Roger if Roger just acknowledged their existence or because like many people online they have fallen for the gracious Roger line sold to us by the marketing geniuses at Nike. Like I said if you can sell crappy Chinese made shoes for 250 dollars a pair to middle class families around the globe you might be able to morph Fed into Steffan Edberg. Could anyone imagine Edberg at the end of one of his USO defeats yelling at the announcer how is opponent hit a lucky shot. Just funny how lucky Novak keeps getting on match and set points these days.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair - Page 2 Empty Re: More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:42 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Fortunately fans of other players never get upset by other posters Wink
Ironically what is the bane of the forum is also pretty much the main reason why anyone posts.

We're keeping you in an unpaid job.

I'm very grateful - it fuels my Dictator-like ego Smile

You got the short end of the DICtator stick Julius, Quaddaffi got 60 billion dollars and a cadre of tall gorgeous female body guards. All you get are me an BB to keep you warm. He did get shot in the head and paraded through the streets so I think you got him on that account.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 3:54 pm

socal1976 wrote:He did get shot in the head and paraded through the streets so I think you got him on that account.

How do you know that hasn't happened to me?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:00 pm

Firstly socal congrats to Novak on his victory, although I would have liked to have seen A M playing him rather than the gentleman who doesn't know what chair is what lol

Maybe it's his last chance to "get the chairs mixed up" as the opportunity won't present itself in the future!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:11 pm

sportslover wrote:Firstly socal congrats to Novak on his victory, although I would have liked to have seen A M playing him rather than the gentleman who doesn't know what chair is what lol

Maybe it's his last chance to "get the chairs mixed up" as the opportunity won't present itself in the future!

Well SL, I think it was a great piece of gamesmanship by Roger. He does this kind of stuff to Andy and Novak in particular and a couple of others he really doesn't like that much. I think we have seen hundreds of articles on Nadal's gamesmanship and Novak bouncing balls too much it is about time that some of Roger's catty mind games get some coverage as well. God knows no one else commenting on tennis anywhere in the world will actually call Roger on the things that are so apparrent to those paying attention.

As a Djoko fan I wanted Roger in the final just for these little tender moments that make the Rog v. Novak so special. But your man Andy looks primed for next year, a little better play on the clay and he is in the thick of the number 1 race.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:He did get shot in the head and paraded through the streets so I think you got him on that account.

The traumatic brain trauma you suffered would explain a lot, mainly how you keep disagreeing with my brilliant logic. I think the shell might still be lodged up in there, once removed your iq will go up and you will magically start agreeing with socal's world view.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:14 pm

Kind of like Homer Simpson and the lodged crayon in his brain.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

socal1976 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

The traumatic brain trauma you suffered would explain a lot, mainly how you keep disagreeing with my brilliant logic. I think the shell might still be lodged up in there, once removed your iq will go up and you will magically start agreeing with socal's world view.

Yes

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:17 pm

btw, are we sure that the left hand chair is for No 1 and that someone didn't just make that up?
Fed sat in that chair when Rafa was No 1, when they played the final 2 years ago.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:22 pm

Well I provided the link and others have come on thread and provided corroboration from Sky for what that is worth. There has been no retraction of the article that I am aware of. Apparently, it is an established tradition at this event not tour wide as Turron pointed out during wimbeldon.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:24 pm

They must have got going on this tradition fast, I mean did Renshaw win this often? Did the Musketeers fight over chairs too? Oh hang on, traditionally there weren't any chairs. Erm
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:27 pm

socal1976 wrote:
sportslover wrote:Firstly socal congrats to Novak on his victory, although I would have liked to have seen A M playing him rather than the gentleman who doesn't know what chair is what lol

Well SL, I think it was a great piece of gamesmanship by Roger. He does this kind of stuff to Andy and Novak in particular and a couple of others he really doesn't like that much. I think we have seen hundreds of articles on Nadal's gamesmanship and Novak bouncing balls too much it is about time that some of Roger's catty mind games get some coverage as well. God knows no one else commenting on tennis anywhere in the world will actually call Roger on the things that are so apparrent to those paying attention.

As a Djoko fan I wanted Roger in the final just for these little tender moments that make the Rog v. Novak so special. But your man Andy looks primed for next year, a little better play on the clay and he is in the thick of the number 1 race.

I am not too worried about Andy on clay, he has made a semi at RG but I don't think he can compete with Novak or for sure a fit Rafa on that surface.

Talking about which if he returns near fully fit?? he will cause a few problems and Roger will also be there? so an interesting 2013 in store for us all.

Who do you really see making inroads to these guys with the exception of Delpo? - I for one can't honestly see a stand out player, albeit the odd one who may cause a problem come the end of the year when most op the top guys are getting to the knackered stage!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Maybe the rules should be changed? The person with the most slam titles gets to choose chairs. Or even only players over thirty get a chair... young 'uns should just stand.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

SL i think Janowicz and Raonic are both going to be top ten by the end of the year if they don't suffer injuries that set them back. Both guys are much more than just a big serve. JJ in particular has the variety, returns, and movement for a man six eight that we have never seen before. As I have been predicting for years the players are going to catch up to the slow conditions and hit through them eventually. Especially, with the coming of the big man that can move so well. IE berdy, delpo, Raonic, and JJ.

I also agree that Nadal will be back and people who are discounting him are making a serious mistake.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:48 pm

socal1976 wrote:Well I provided the link and others have come on thread and provided corroboration from Sky for what that is worth. There has been no retraction of the article that I am aware of. Apparently, it is an established tradition at this event not tour wide as Turron pointed out during wimbeldon.

OK, it's just that the link says "Traditionally, the bench to the left of the chair umpire is reserved for the higher-ranked player in a tennis match" which Turron pointed out is not the case.
And if Fed did the same thing 2 years ago, then the tradition must have been broken then as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:49 pm

hawkeye wrote:Maybe the rules should be changed? The person with the most slam titles gets to choose chairs. Or even only players over thirty get a chair... young 'uns should just stand.

Maybe federer should just follow the rules and not try to play mind games with his opponent in violation of the rules. This was a move right out of the connors play book.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

The ATP rules talk simply about the location of the player chairs and their shade requirements - they do not refer to allocation.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

Turron wrote:The ATP rules talk simply about the location of the player chairs and their shade requirements - they do not refer to allocation.

Ok fed seemed to follow the tradition in his semi match, to me it is clear fed knew what he was doing and the sleight that was meant to djoko, and that is what the media is reporting and also that Djokovic noticed and was annoyed by the fact. Funny he followed the tradition up till the final match and then decided to have a little zing at Novak and say to him that I am the real number 1.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Tue 13 Nov 2012, 4:58 pm

What tradition? What Gamesmanship? Who on this board had ever heard of this 'tradition' until you picked up the article in USA Today. You admitted yourself that it wasn't a tradition that you were familiar with.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:06 pm

What do you make of the report that Djokovic noticed and was annoyed by it? Do you really believe it was an honest mistake? I don't, just like when Roger changes his racquet when his opponent hits a couple of big shots. Roger is a master of gamesmanship when he wants to be or feels the need to be, this is another example.

I do admit I would not be privy to all the rules of ettiquette that players would be privy to. But it is being reported that fed breached a known etiquette of this tournament. And now why did he do it? I think the motivation is clear, he wanted to mess with Djoko's head and frankly I like that about their rivlarly.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Turron Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

The article isn't getting much traction and the ATP site is completely silent. Move along ... nothing to see here.

Turron

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

Turron that is your opinion you are free to comment on what you like. I think I want to know why is it that fed's gamesmanship and catty behavior never gets honestly covered in the media?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

So if it isn't on the ATP website it didn't happen or doesn't matter?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:15 pm

socal1976 wrote:SL i think Janowicz and Raonic are both going to be top ten by the end of the year if they don't suffer injuries that set them back. Both guys are much more than just a big serve. JJ in particular has the variety, returns, and movement for a man six eight that we have never seen before. As I have been predicting for years the players are going to catch up to the slow conditions and hit through them eventually. Especially, with the coming of the big man that can move so well. IE berdy, delpo, Raonic, and JJ.

I also agree that Nadal will be back and people who are discounting him are making a serious mistake.

Raonic - the jury is still out?

As for JJ let's hope so, refreshing to watch albeit, he got his first big break against Andy (who squandered match point!) lol

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:23 pm

socal1976 wrote:What do you make of the report that Djokovic noticed and was annoyed by it? Do you really believe it was an honest mistake? I don't, just like when Roger changes his racquet when his opponent hits a couple of big shots. Roger is a master of gamesmanship when he wants to be or feels the need to be, this is another example.

I do admit I would not be privy to all the rules of ettiquette that players would be privy to. But it is being reported that fed breached a known etiquette of this tournament. And now why did he do it? I think the motivation is clear, he wanted to mess with Djoko's head and frankly I like that about their rivlarly.

I've watched the entrance twice on my dvr and I don't see any trace of annoyance from Djoko.. He goes to his chair, puts his bags down, fiddles with some stuff, goes and gets his water... he and Fed go to the net and smile at each other.............. Where is the annoyance?

Fed does not change his racquet after his oppenent hits great shots.. that's jsut made up.. he changes racquets 1 game before new balls.. every single match and never deviates from that..

you keep saying Fed followed the ettiquette all week long.. but wasn't he the higher ranked player in every match? So he went to the same spot all week............. so maybe that's just the side he likes..

I like others- see numerous times when the lower ranked player has sat to the left.. I have been around tennis since the 60's and have never heard of this tradition. I played in college and had many matches with ranked players above and below me, and it was never a rule.

Secondly you say why doesnt Fed follow that rule-- even though it's not a rule... uh.. do we need to start pointing out rules Djoko doesn't follow? It's childish so I won't resort to it, but lets not be the pot calling the kettle black.. These guys are all human... frankly, pampered spoiled ultra rich athletes, and all in all- I think both are nice guys.. I know a top 50 player who trains at my club and he's not awed by Federer in the sense you make it out to be that he will blindly do Fed's bidding, but he's told me numerous times what a gentleman Federer is behind the scenes, is nice to everyone... He has good and bad things to say about several players, but he genuinely likes Federer. Federer gets credit for sportsmanship because when you put it all together, week in and week out- he deserves that credit. end of story.............. just like Djoko gets credit as #1 this year becasue week in and week out, when put all together he earned it..

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 5:25 pm

Truffin - I've read that Fed walked on court and removed a towel with Djoko's name on it from the bench. Can you watch it again and see if that's what happened?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:04 pm

Ruffin, I agree it isn't a mountain of an indictment against federer. It isn't like this disqualifies the fact that the guy builds schools in Africa and carried the game out of the weak period of the early 2000s singlehandedly making the game enjoyable in the dark era of Roddick. But I for one don't buy Roger the gracious sportsmen. I am sure Roger is gracious as pie to a guy ranked in the top 50 who he has no proffessional concern over, sportsmanship comes to the fore when you lose and are hurt by someone else's brilliance proffessional. In that regards I think fed has not shown good sportsmanship to Novak or Andy murray and it doesn't get reported ever by anyone. Well at least I feel that it should be noted.

I don't dislike the man for it, in fact as a Djoko fan I love it. Just like I loved his belligerent post USO semi 2011 interview that momentarily dropped the facade to the announcer and the fans. That to me is the real test of sportsmanship not being nice to guys that you can roll over. And well Roger failed that day.

But again overrall great player and pretty good guy, I don't think I find him very charismatic but that is just my preference.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Truffin - I've read that Fed walked on court and removed a towel with Djoko's name on it from the bench. Can you watch it again and see if that's what happened?

I just don't see that at all.. certainly don't see a towel with Djoko's name on it.. If true, then Federer should have moved to the other bench.. Fed comes in 1st and the ball kid leads him to the bench.. that's the other thing-- the ball kids are holding their hands ,but I guess Fed can pull the kid wherever.. Fed puts his bag down, opens it.. pulls out the racquet with bag over it.. ball kid helps him...

Djoko comes in.. expression never shows any annoyances.. get his water, comes onto court.. seems like a regular start to me....

sigh... such a great match, and we're reduced to this nonsense... I'm over it..lol. I thought both players were gracious..

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:53 pm

socal1976 wrote:Ruffin, I agree it isn't a mountain of an indictment against federer. It isn't like this disqualifies the fact that the guy builds schools in Africa and carried the game out of the weak period of the early 2000s singlehandedly making the game enjoyable in the dark era of Roddick. But I for one don't buy Roger the gracious sportsmen. I am sure Roger is gracious as pie to a guy ranked in the top 50 who he has no proffessional concern over, sportsmanship comes to the fore when you lose and are hurt by someone else's brilliance proffessional. In that regards I think fed has not shown good sportsmanship to Novak or Andy murray and it doesn't get reported ever by anyone. Well at least I feel that it should be noted.

I don't dislike the man for it, in fact as a Djoko fan I love it. Just like I loved his belligerent post USO semi 2011 interview that momentarily dropped the facade to the announcer and the fans. That to me is the real test of sportsmanship not being nice to guys that you can roll over. And well Roger failed that day.

But again overrall great player and pretty good guy, I don't think I find him very charismatic but that is just my preference.

fair enough... to each his own.

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

TRuffin wrote:
socal1976 wrote:What do you make of the report that Djokovic noticed and was annoyed by it? Do you really believe it was an honest mistake? I don't, just like when Roger changes his racquet when his opponent hits a couple of big shots. Roger is a master of gamesmanship when he wants to be or feels the need to be, this is another example.

I've watched the entrance twice on my dvr and I don't see any trace of annoyance from Djoko.. He goes to his chair, puts his bags down, fiddles with some stuff, goes and gets his water... he and Fed go to the net and smile at each other.............. Where is the annoyance?

Fed does not change his racquet after his oppenent hits great shots.. that's jsut made up.. he changes racquets 1 game before new balls.. every single match and never deviates from that..

you keep saying Fed followed the ettiquette all week long.. but wasn't he the higher ranked player in every match? So he went to the same spot all week............. so maybe that's just the side he likes..

I like others- see numerous times when the lower ranked player has sat to the left.. I have been around tennis since the 60's and have never heard of this tradition. I played in college and had many matches with ranked players above and below me, and it was never a rule.

Secondly you say why doesnt Fed follow that rule-- even though it's not a rule... uh.. do we need to start pointing out rules Djoko doesn't follow? It's childish so I won't resort to it, but lets not be the pot calling the kettle black.. These guys are all human... frankly, pampered spoiled ultra rich athletes, and all in all- I think both are nice guys.. I know a top 50 player who trains at my club and he's not awed by Federer in the sense you make it out to be that he will blindly do Fed's bidding, but he's told me numerous times what a gentleman Federer is behind the scenes, is nice to everyone... He has good and bad things to say about several players, but he genuinely likes Federer. Federer gets credit for sportsmanship because when you put it all together, week in and week out- he deserves that credit. end of story.............. just like Djoko gets credit as #1 this year becasue week in and week out, when put all together he earned it..

clap

Well said.. nothing to see here.. jog on.

Socal seemingly determined to imitate his hero.. a gracious loser but a poor winner.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 6:56 pm

TRuffin wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Truffin - I've read that Fed walked on court and removed a towel with Djoko's name on it from the bench. Can you watch it again and see if that's what happened?

I just don't see that at all.. certainly don't see a towel with Djoko's name on it..

Fair enough - it's something I read on another forum - maybe made up by someone who doesn't like Fed - it gets onto the internet and people start believing it.
I've tried to find a clip that shows the entrances, but can't find one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:04 pm

I thought the guys on Sky commented on it?

Anyway, storm in a tea-cup...if anything it would only fire up Djokovic more and Federer would know that...why add fuel to the fire?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:09 pm

What did the guys on Sky say? That it was on Twitter? Or that they knew of the tradition, but forgot to mention it when it happened?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by touch(A)parabola Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:12 pm

Blast from the past.
Waiting patiently while observing the illusionist world in which some of you may live in. I can tell you, that it's not good for your soul nor for your own personal happiness. Please proceed on your own risk.
You had it all, the audience, the money, the draw, the left chair, the centre of the picture, the "class", the most popular and pushy sponsors, the finger that was sending the threatening messages, the parents that were nice and now worries… but at the end it is our Win.

I'm sorry to all depressed Fed fans, but after this match there is not more need to compare Nole to Fed, no more chances for Fed's new opportunities.

Nole is the tennis legend now, and this last win is just a bonus. Masks are off, the chess game is over. Fed is checkmated.
What Fed could of done against Nole is all in the past, especially when Nole was naive young boy, not totally formed, while Fed was in the peak of this maturity and therefor we have the unrealistic h2h score. Fed may be still in his peak, but there is one big puzzle, one obstacle: The heart of a Lion (Inat - as we call it - again if you do not know what that means, just look at Nole's final reaction after Fed takes that left chair). Nole is the brain and the spirit, beyond Fed's peak.

I'm leaving your forum for good in happiness and joy. I do not need to say more - my heart is fulfilled forever.
Wishing you all the best.
Now, we can all rest in peace and enjoy the game of the tennis King: Novak Djokovic!

I'm touch(A)parabola and I approve this message.

touch(A)parabola

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

touch(A)parabola wrote:my heart is fulfilled forever

Wow, that's a long time Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

touch(A)parabola wrote:Blast from the past.
Waiting patiently while observing the illusionist world in which some of you may live in. I can tell you, that it's not good for your soul nor for your own personal happiness. Please proceed on your own risk.
You had it all, the audience, the money, the draw, the left chair, the centre of the picture, the "class", the most popular and pushy sponsors, the finger that was sending the threatening messages, the parents that were nice and now worries… but at the end it is our Win.

I'm sorry to all depressed Fed fans, but after this match there is not more need to compare Nole to Fed, no more chances for Fed's new opportunities.

Nole is the tennis legend now, and this last win is just a bonus. Masks are off, the chess game is over. Fed is checkmated.
What Fed could of done against Nole is all in the past, especially when Nole was naive young boy, not totally formed, while Fed was in the peak of this maturity and therefor we have the unrealistic h2h score. Fed may be still in his peak, but there is one big puzzle, one obstacle: The heart of a Lion (Inat - as we call it - again if you do not know what that means, just look at Nole's final reaction after Fed takes that left chair). Nole is the brain and the spirit, beyond Fed's peak.

I'm leaving your forum for good in happiness and joy. I do not need to say more - my heart is fulfilled forever.
Now, we can all rest in peace and enjoy the game of the tennis King: Novak Djokovic!

picard

Oh no the inat is back.

BB where are you?

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

Missing you already...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

Yep emanc...is NITB bored of the other forum already? lol
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:24 pm

Yes the towels would seal the case wouldn't they? I mean in this tournament the sponsors put the towels out with monogram of each player. Now if fed did toss aside Novak's colors like that it could get you shot in my neck of the woods. I want a full investigation into the positioning of which monogramed towel on what chair prior to and subsequent to federer's entrance. Frankly, I won't be able to sleep at night until chairgate is resolved, for the good of humanity.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:24 pm

You should call yourself 'A touch of paranoia' innit laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:29 pm

socal1976 wrote:Frankly, I won't be able to sleep at night until chairgate is resolved, for the good of humanity.

Is your heart not fulfilled forever, then? Wink

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:35 pm

emancipator wrote:
touch(A)parabola wrote:Blast from the past.

picard

Oh no the inat is back.

BB where are you?

I don't know where BB is, but for sure Touch of parabola is a great addition to the forum that already has many sense of humor legends.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

I sense that parabola's trajectory has dipped and he's just an area under the curve now.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Frankly, I won't be able to sleep at night until chairgate is resolved, for the good of humanity.

Is your heart not fulfilled forever, then? Wink

No when you guys realize that you need to all start agreeing with me I will attain at best a small and temporary sense of fulfillment. But I want a full on investigation replete with its own requisite conspiracy theories. Are we ready for Socal's "magic towel" theory.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

I would like to run the hearings myself. Because if what Julius has heard is true that monogrammed towels were moved then we have just graduated up to Orange alert up from the previous yellow alert. Which is a more scarey color anyway, I kind of think yellow is scarier than Orange we must consult some former bush officials on this.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:11 pm

i tend to agree with things that aren't wrong.... OHHHHH NO HEEE DIDNT!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvOQURXcQms

Yahoo

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

Djokovic's monogramed towel is thrown, back and to the right, back and to the right, back and to right." Damn it somebody get me a zapruder film of this towel situation.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair - Page 2 Towel11

That's Novak's towel on the left chair!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:More Gamesmanship from Federer, the diva wants his chair - Page 2 Towel11

That's Novak's towel on the left chair!
BOOM!

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 13 Nov 2012, 9:21 pm

lol

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next