The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results

+10
Mad for Chelsea
CaledonianCraig
Bull
bogbrush
beninho
Dave.
SteveG
Critical_mass
liverbnz
Fernando
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results  Empty American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Nov 2012, 2:32 pm

It’s been five years since Formula One last raced in the USA but for the 19th and penultimate round of the 2012 season the series is returning to America this weekend for the US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.

The new Circuit of the Americas is a purpose-built 5.516km (3.4 mile), 20-turn, F1 standard facility located 15 miles outside downtown Austin and promises to provide teams with some interesting challenges, and spectators with some thrilling racing.

Chief among the challenges is, of course, the fact that no team has yet turned a wheel in anger here. Former F1 driver David Coulthard drove a Red Bull Racing showcar here when circuit construction had just begun and more recently Lotus test driver Jérôme D’Ambrosio piloted a 2010 Renault R30 on opening day at the track, but beyond those very different laps teams will only have simulator data upon which to base their weekend preparations.

That should make Friday’s free practice sessions labour-intensive workouts for the teams, though again it will present a challenge as the new track will undoubtedly be largely free of grip in the early stages of the weekend.

It means that the unknown of Austin represents the perfect wildcard for a championship that has become increasingly hard to call in recent weeks. After a dramatic race in Abu Dhabi, defending champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing leads Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso by just 10 points, with a maximum of 50 on the table over the final two rounds. Kimi Raikkonen’s win in the UAE was a spectacular feat in his comeback year but even with that victory the Finn is now out of the title fight.

So it comes down to a head-to-head battle between the famous red of Ferrari and the blue of Red Bull Racing. And after recent events in the US, locals will know just how intense red versus blue showdowns can be!

CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS

Length of lap:

5.513km

Lap record:

None as yet

Start line/finish line offset:
0.323km

Total number of race laps:
Total race distance:

308.405km
Pitlane speed limits:
60km/h during practice and qualifying, 100km/h during the race

DRS ZONE
The Circuit of the Americas will feature a single DRS Zone, on the back straight, between Turns 11 and 12. The activation zone is likely to be approximately 650m before Turn 12.

Map of the track
Spoiler:

Fast Facts

► Made up of 11 left and nine right turns, the Circuit of the Americas is 5.516km (3.4 miles) long. It is one of just five current F1 circuits to run anti-clockwise, the others being Singapore, Korea, Abu Dhabi and Brazil. Curiously, all five circuits feature in the final seven-race stretch of the 2012 season.
► COTA’s track surface took four months to lay and the third and final layer was completed in late September. The final layer is made up of aggregate from all over Texas. All told, over 640,000 cubic metres of material have been used to construct the track.
► Race organisers are billing Turn One as the track’s signature corner. From the start/finish line the track rises 41m (133 feet) before heading into a tight and blind first-gear left-hand turn.
► Turns 2 and 3 pay tribute to the Senna ‘S’ at Brazil’s Interlagos, while turns 4-6 have been designed as an homage to the Maggots, Becketts, Chapel complex at Silverstone. Other recognisable elements include a section, from Turns 12-14, reminiscent of Hockenheim’s stadium section and the triple apex stretch through turns 16-18 has been modelled after Istanbul Park’s Turn 8.
► The first lap of the finished circuit was completed by legendary US racer Mario Andretti. In his 131-grand prix F1 career, Andretti raced in 11 US Grands Prix, seven races billed as the US GP West and both of the races held in Las Vegas, but recorded just one win on home soil. That was at the the USA West race at Long Beach in 1977 where, driving for Lotus, he finished ahead of Ferrari’s Niki Lauda and Wolf’s Jody Scheckter.
► Nine US circuits have previously hosted grands prix: Sebring, Riverside, Watkins Glen, Phoenix, Dallas, Detroit, Las Vegas, Long Beach and most recently Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
► The last winner of a US Grand Prix was Lewis Hamilton in 2007. Racing for McLaren in his rookie season, Hamilton scored pole position at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the following day took his second career win. His first victory had come a week earlier at the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal.

► That 2007 US GP at Indianapolis was also notable in that, as well as seeing a future world champion win in Hamilton, it handed a race debut to another future title winner, Sebastian Vettel. The German replaced the injured Robert Kubica at the wheel of a BMW Sauber. Aged just 19, Vettel qualified in seventh position and finished eighth, for which he earned one point. In so doing, he became F1’s youngest ever points scorer, a record he still holds.
► In recent times Michael Schumacher, due to retire for a second time after next week’s Brazilian GP, has been the most successful driver at the US GP. In the period from 2000-2007, when the race was staged at Indianapolis, Schumacher won five of the eight events (2000 and ’03-’06).

Weather Forecast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/4671654

On Board Lap with Jerome "Custard" D'Ambrosio
Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results  Empty Re: American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results

Post by liverbnz Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:24 pm

Hopefully FP 1 isn't a sign of things to come for the weekend. Vettel heads the rest of the field by nearly 1.5 seconds.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results  Empty Re: American GP Thread contains spoilers of Practice/Qualifying/Race results

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Nov 2012, 7:21 pm

That was down to new tyres OK

Times for UK viewers

Practice 3 Sat 15:00
Qualifying Sat 18:00
Race Sun 19:00

^ These are the start times not when the show starts

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 17 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

Well Vettel on pole, Lewis did tramendous to get within 1/10th of Vettel considering his speed all weekend. I hope starting on the left side of the grid doesnt mean Lewis gets an appalling start. Hopefully he gets a good start and stay in touch with Vettel. The last think we all want is Vettel running away with it from the front... AGAIN!

God knows whats happened to Alonso, this weekend... hopefully he'll do better in the race. Personally i want this to go down to the last lap of the last race.

However, i cant help but feel Vettel is on his way to sealing the WDC tomorrow.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 17 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

Well Mercedes reckon that P2/4/6/8/10 will be worse off the line by 2 whole rows

so 2>6 4>8 Etc

Id very much hope that's not true but id expect with the new surface it is

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 17 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

well 2 whole rows could be an over estimate. Im sure those on the even side will head to the right when they start.

Hope its not the case either, but i fear some ground will be lost and i can see Lewis dropping to 3rd at least, where Webber will probably hold the rest of the field up the best he can... maybe Laugh

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sat 17 Nov 2012, 10:44 pm

Critical_mass wrote:where Webber will probably hold the rest of the field up the best he can
so what's new there Laugh

seriously though if Webber gets in front of Hamilton (which he probably will) then Vettel will very quickly build up a commanding lead and it will be an all too familiar story.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:01 pm

"I think it will be the biggest difference you ever saw in our starts," Massa said. "I think it will be, I don't know, it will be massive. This morning I did a start on the left and I was slower than in the wet, so..."

Also Webber has been reprimanded for missed weight check

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:35 pm

fck.. that means Lewis will be shoite slow off the start.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 12:12 pm

Will be a shocker for the race and the whole F1 show if Webber is second by turn 1 and Vettel strolls. This needs to be a good race with an exciting championship fight for it to be successful and grab the imagination of the US crowd. I think, sadly, they will be more interested in the finale of the Nascar sprint cup which I believe is today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun 18 Nov 2012, 1:23 pm

Yeah its today. Come on Bad Brad!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm

I'm a no.48 fan but it's going to be tough for Jimmie to make it six, he'll give it one hell of a go but realistically he needs to win and for Keselowski to crash or have some kind of horror show.

Vettel to be a three time world champion and Keselowski to win his first championship by the end of the day are my obvious predictions.

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 18 Nov 2012, 3:16 pm

Massa to change his gearbox moving Fernando up a place and on to the clean side of the track. A move that makes sense but maybe not in the spirit. But it's a championship and you need to do all you can. No different to red bull bring Webber in last time just as seb was coming up behind him.

Hope Fernando keeps it going till Brazil. But can only see vettell wrapping up the title today.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 6:43 pm

Ah is that what it is. absolutely attrocious! It maybe legal but not very sportsman-like.

I was vounching for Alonso, now im not so sure.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:20 pm

What was Vettel complaining about. Either moaning about DRS making things easy or Lewis doing a stupid overtake... Vettel really is a sore loser.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

Awesome race, just awesome. Was great to see Vettel and Lewis fight it out and Lewis came out on top. Though cant believe Vettel was moaning again!!

Also, well done to Massa and Jenson, they really did well also. Massa more on form and Jenson to go 12th to 5th.

Alonso did enough. Roll on Brazil!!!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:45 pm

Think Vettel was moaning about a back marker. Coulthard agreed with him.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:45 pm

How much noise about Ferrarri today versus when Barichello was asked to move over for Michael in Austria!

Not a peep.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

good race in the usa.

well done to lewis , on to Brazil we go!

COME ON ALONSO!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

was that a clink of bottles between Alondo and Hami.
"Nice one Lewis"
"don't mention it mate"
kiss

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:54 pm

Yeah i heard Horner mention a backmarker and vettel did to Lewis too. Thats part of it, he's had so much luck this year, so for someone else to get some, you cant moan.

DC can husssssssssssh.

Loving this circuit to be honest, v nice track. Better than Indianapolis.

haha Steve, i noticed that. Hug

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

Yeah, he's been really lucky what with no breakdowns. I think it always evens out in the end though, at least tends to.

Alonso is a con merchant, it'll be good to see him finally lose it next week. Looking forward to that.
They changed the rules and crucified Michael for being given a place; they applaud Alonso for the gearbox cheat. Go figure.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:00 pm

bogbrush wrote:Yeah, he's been really lucky what with no breakdowns.

oh come on, wind your neck in.

All drivers have had failures not just Vettel. Vettel was lucky in Abu Dhabi and was allowed to adjsut ratios etc before the race. So for him to have a little bit of bad luck with backmarkers, its all swings and roundabouts. You cant moan.

EDIT - you've edited your post now Wink

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

As I said, it all evens out. I don't think my neck needs winding in, I said it all settles.

However I don't like Ferrarris cheating. That's not evened out.

Edited before you posted, to note, though while you were posting I guess.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:08 pm

bogbrush wrote:As I said, it all evens out. I don't think my neck needs winding in, I said it all settles.

However I don't like Ferrarris cheating. That's not evened out.

Edited before you posted, to note, though while you were posting I guess.

Yeah didnt see your edited post until i posted - before you said it evens out.

Yup, i agree with the Ferrari comment, i mean they didnt do anything illegal. But i do think it was a bit unsportsman like. Id rather a driver win the WDC without the help of the things that Ferrari is doing. I mean if ALonso is as good as people think/say, he should have been able to do it from 8th.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

Ferrari did not cheat. They took advantage of the rules and regs. No different to red bull bringing in Webber just as vetell came up behind him last time. All teams use team orders. Nothing wrong with it. Good race though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:14 pm

They've always been the same though, what grinds my gears a bit is when it was Schumacher everyone went on like they'd shot somebody but now it ok. Alonso's won the battle of PR for sure, got everyone singing the song that he's driving a Robin Reliant.

Here's someone else who buys it - making out like Webber wasn't due a pit stop around then anyway! Laugh
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:16 pm

What's the nonsense about no breakdowns. That's not lucky it's a decent car. Ferrari have consistency but red bull faster car and taken to the limits which is why it is a bit more flimsy.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:18 pm

Yeah, alternators fail due to great downforce. picard
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:19 pm

Sorry but imo you cant compare letting a team mate through and cracking the team mates gearbox open to incur a 5 place penalty, which i might add affected every other driver around them.

Dont get me wrong, what Ferrari did was legal but i think it was worse than just letting a team mate through.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:19 pm

Ok about the pit stop but he was told to not hold up vetel before that anyway. Same with a race last year I think.

The Ferrari has been third best car over 1 lap behind McLaren and red bull. So Alonso has driven very well. In fact at the start of the season the Ferrari was awful.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm

The thing with the gearbox change really comes down to bad preparation fir the track. One side should not have such an impact compared to the other. Most of the front drivers on that side lost at least one place. It's just not very fair.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

Are we being serious here? Massa gets out of the way so often I bet he holds the door open to the lavatory for Alonso.

Compared to them Red Bull run an exceptionally 'honest' team when it comes to orders.

The thing with the gearbox was that they took the p1ss out of everyone; don't forget it messed others up too.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:29 pm

and thats my issue with the gearbox change, it affected all the drivers around them when they did it. If it didnt, it may not be so much of an issue for everyone.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

My other main complaint is with the hypocrisy of reporters. As I say, when it was just a pass for Schumacher it was a hanging offence.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

I didn't agree with the gearbox thing but it is Ferrari here and that is par for the course for them and has been for a number of years. I really think today just delayed the inevitable. Not only is Seb going to have to (more than likely) have a DNF but Alonso (more than likely) will need to win the race. I can't see neither happening to be honest. Solid drive from Hamilton and surely he must now be believing he's made a big mistake moving to Mercedes - they were nowhere today and have been for the last few races and whatsmore Daimler are making noises about not wanting to throw any more money into the team.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 18 Nov 2012, 9:53 pm

IIRC, the Schumacher incident was quite a bit earlier in the season and when he was already leading the championship by miles. People were upset that having driven better than Schumacher that day, Barichello was asked to hand over a well-deserved win. I think the Alonso/Massa decision is perhaps more justified than that one was given the situation, though that doesn't make it right.

Interesting that it's also caused far less of a stink than the "Fernando... is... faster... than... you" message (which was admittedly illegal).

As for the race, magnificent drive from Hamilton, McLaren must be kicking themselves they let him go. Did well to only lose one place at the start, and the only man all week-end who looked close to matching the RB pace, so impressive. Good effort from Button too, to scramble fifth. Decent from Alonso, but apart from the start didn't do much, and a very good performance from Massa as well.

13 points is probably more than enough if Vettel can stay out of trouble next week-end, but at least there's still some suspense left.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleausardv2 Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:10 pm

I used to be a Ferrari supporter, but this gearbox scam was appalling - hope you lose, because you deserve to !
Bleausardv2
Bleausardv2

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:18 pm

UNBELIEVABLE. Horner, Newey, Vettel all bleating on and on about the back marker - despite Vettel having more luck than most people get in a life time last time out. The minute these bunch of p**cks don't get their own way.
Just makes we want Alonso to win even more. furious

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm

also, worth noting that I really like the track. There's actually a few places to overtake which makes a nice change Very Happy

as for Vettel complaining about back-markers, well he may have got a bit unlucky on this occasion, but Hamilton needed to be close enough to take advantage, and that's been very rare for anyone recently. Also, I'm sure no one can begrudge Hamilton a bit of luck after his season...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:31 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:also, worth noting that I really like the track. There's actually a few places to overtake which makes a nice change Very Happy

as for Vettel complaining about back-markers, well he may have got a bit unlucky on this occasion, but Hamilton needed to be close enough to take advantage, and that's been very rare for anyone recently. Also, I'm sure no one can begrudge Hamilton a bit of luck after his season...
Precisely. he had one chance and he took it = and he put himself there in the first place to take take that chance - and there was nothing lucky about that.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:49 pm

I agree guys, RBR moaning about that... come on get over it guys. If Vettel doesnt win the WDC... they'll be going on about for years.

It could have easily happened to Lewis if Vettel got passed the backmarker on the start/finish straight and Lewis caught the backmarker in the esses, he'd have lost time on Vettel.

Id like to think Lewis would have just about got passed Vettel eventually. He didnt need much of a help from a backmarker.

Still it can and did happen. In Brazil maybe Alonso will be held up by a backmarker to give Vettel the advantage he needs.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Sun 18 Nov 2012, 10:58 pm

Brilliant drive from Lewis today. It'll be a season of what might have been for him and McLaren who seem to be getting their balance between quali and race setup right more and more in the 2nd half of the season, so it's a real shame the reliability hasn't been there.

Another failure for Webber. And another race where his KERS fails. I'd love to know the amount of races this has happened to Webber these last 2 years. It seems to be every other week.

On the Alonso thing, perfectly understandable but it just doesn't sit right.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:04 pm

SteveG wrote:UNBELIEVABLE. Horner, Newey, Vettel all bleating on and on about the back marker - despite Vettel having more luck than most people get in a life time last time out. The minute these bunch of p**cks don't get their own way.
Just makes we want Alonso to win even more. furious
I'd get your hopes settled own, disappointment awaits.

And next year I suspect.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:11 pm

CM - It wasnt just the markers comments that got me so riled - it was also the arrogance and the throw away 'easy DRS pass' comments - belittling what was a stonking performance from Hamilton. It may have been DRS assisted but it was by no means easy - he needed the marker and all his revs just to get close - and even then Vettel veered right after initially going left. I actually didnt think he would get past.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:18 pm

Ah i missed the easy DRS part.. well im sure i heard Vettel mention DRS on board just after the pass. Was that what he was saying???

Disgusted if he did say that. Again, when someone dares to challenge them...

Ok lets ourselves think that then. Easy WDC for Vettel given the car he had.. we can all play that game Horner.

I used to want Vettel to win the WDC. But since his comments during and after Abu Dhabi, his reaction to the swearing on the podium, now this... i want Alonso to take it. Despite Ferrari's gearbox thing today, id still have Alonso win it over Vettel or RBR.

However, cant see it happening and i wouldnt bet against Vettel... sad state, but thats how it appears to be.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:20 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Ah i missed the easy DRS part.. well im sure i heard Vettel mention DRS on board just after the pass. Was that what he was saying???

Disgusted if he did say that. Again, when someone dares to challenge them...

Ok lets ourselves think that then. Easy WDC for Vettel given the car he had.. we can all play that game Horner.

I used to want Vettel to win the WDC. But since his comments during and after Abu Dhabi, his reaction to the swearing on the podium, now this... i want Alonso to take it. Despite Ferrari's gearbox thing today, id still have Alonso win it over Vettel or RBR.

However, cant see it happening and i wouldnt bet against Vettel... sad state, but thats how it appears to be.
No, Vettel complained about the HRT. Never mentioned the DRS.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sun 18 Nov 2012, 11:26 pm

Critical_mass wrote:Ah i missed the easy DRS part
First Horner (who was actually the worst) and then Vettel. Newey didnt - but he carried on the theme of back marker woes. At which point I just blew.
Calmed down since though. thumbsup

well im sure i heard Vettel mention DRS on board just after the pass. Was that what he was saying???
he was moaning about Karta who held him up.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 19 Nov 2012, 8:25 am

They showed the back marker he was complaining about. But was nit much the hrt could do as was in the area of the track he could not pull over. They had mentioned earlier that tjjs could happen. Just bad luck girl vettel and Hamilton took his chance well.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 19 Nov 2012, 1:09 pm

Wow - what a race that turned out to be. I wonder if Pirelli were deliberately conservative in their tyre choices? The lack of grip seemed to play quite a big part in a number of on-track battles, where drivers who had just pitted were at the mercy of those who had had a few laps to heat their tyres up.

Anyway the Austin GP lived up to my expectations - hope the Americans appreciated the spectacle.

Fantastic drive by Hamilton. I'll agree he was a tad fortunate that Vettel got held up by the HRT, allowing him to close right up through the corners and pounce on the straight. That said, he was the only driver who could live with Vettel's pace and did well to stick with him up to the overtake, then keep Seb behind him once he'd taken the lead. The cars looked very evenly matched, the McLaren having greater straight-line speed and the Red Bull being better through the corners.

Have to say Vettel went down another notch in my estimation, whining like a spoiled brat about Hamilton overtaking (his outburst actually came after the overtake - or was that just the delay in transmission?) Either way he didn't seem too upset about the HRT until after he got passed.

On the plus side, he did contribute to some fantastic duelling at the front.

Felt bad for Webber who was looking set for a podium until his car let him down yet again. Funny how its nearly always HIS car that develops the terminal faults.

Another great start by Alonso, making up several places before eventually settling for 3rd to take the title race down to the wire (mathematically, at least). Was pleased to see Massa put in another good drive, despite being handed the short straw and taking another one for the team. If this is the start of his return to form, I really hope he moves to another team soon, as he is too good to just be Alonso's wingman.

Good damage limitation from Button, though he shot himself in the foot with another lousy start. Looked very pacy and aggressive - had a fantastic tussle with Raikkonen that nearly made me fall off my chair.

Speaking of Kimi, I thought he and Romain did about as well as they could with the car they've got...more so Grosjean, given his off-track excursion.

Good to see Hulkenberg pick up some points for Force India...shame Di Resta seemed to struggle so much. Also good to see both Williams finish in the points.

I just hope Mercedes have some radical new developments planned for next year's car, the way their season is panning out. I know they're concentrating on that now (and have been for a while), but you'd think a team of their stature and expectations would at least make an effort to be competitive through the season.

Anyway, looking forward to Brazil now. There's a decent chance we could see a wet race, which means anything could happen. Hoping for some more last corner, last lap shenanigans, that swing the title Nando's way (can't believe I'm saying that).

Given how uncompetitive Ferrari have been all season, you have to give credit where its due and say Alonso has pulled off a minor miracle to take the title down to the wire (with the aid of one or two beneficial strategy decisions). Yes, Red Bull started the season fairly average, but have done their usual thing of beavering away, developing the car all season and have been dominant for the last 4 races (I include this one as you could say Vettel was unlucky to lose this one).

Ferrari are still going to need to pull off one final miracle to stop Red Bull and Vettel winning a third straight drivers' title in a row, but if it rains in Brazil, you never know...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next