The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales 22 - 39 Samoa

+10
gboycottnut
rainbow-warrior
Irishhoneymonster
Taylorman
gavstar
Mr Taff
Shifty
englandglory4ever
anotherworldofpain
RogerLewis
14 posters

Go down

Wales 22 - 39 Samoa Empty Wales 22 - 39 Samoa

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 22:39

That would be the score if the missed kicks had been scored.

THIS IS EFFING FRIGHTENING.

I have no interest in the remainder of the autumn series.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Wales 22 - 39 Samoa Empty Re: Wales 22 - 39 Samoa

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 16 Nov - 22:42

Did you count the missed droppie RL?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov - 22:43

Aah, don't leave the stadium yet. Makes you look like a quitter. Run

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Fri 16 Nov - 22:45

I have to say Roger. I have admired your guts and other Welsh in turning up on these boards tonight. Couldn't have been easy for you.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri 16 Nov - 22:49

I'm just accepting that Wales are no hopers before the embarrassment of next Saturday.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 16 Nov - 22:54

I'm assuming you dont go and see much rugby then, you'd never make a Dragons or Blues supporter with that attitude. Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Taff Fri 16 Nov - 22:57

I can see how you are feeling Roger. But as each day passes by, the pain will go away. Come next Saturday, i fully expect us to win. Shocked

Mr Taff

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Fri 16 Nov - 23:03

biggar and hibbard were doing ok, roberts defence good, our wingers cant defend, rp.....its the end for him, new forwards needed , biggar the next 10
next year.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 16 Nov - 23:46

If I were NZ I would definitely target Priestland next week. Hes a magnet to bad decisions. He didnt have as clue from the minute he came on. Hopefully for Wales Biggar is ok.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishhoneymonster Fri 16 Nov - 23:58

Taylorman wrote:If I were NZ I would definitely target Priestland next week. Hes a magnet to bad decisions. He didnt have as clue from the minute he came on. Hopefully for Wales Biggar is ok.

Yeah have to agree Priestland's decision making tonight was not good.

Have to say as well thought Roger, to say you have no further interest in the autumn series is really quite sad mate. If that's your attitude then it's possible you'll not be interested for a long while. Am not saying Wales def won't be good for a long while or whatever but is always a possibility with any team. Even if you have plenty of criticisms which are warranted, you should be behind your team 100% when they play, 100% of the time in my book.

Irishhoneymonster

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 17 Nov - 1:35

Samoa played wonderful rugby, I doubt if any of the 6 Nations would beat them on this form. Wales have lost their 'mojo', I have a feeling Howley has stolen it.

As a Welshman I will remain loyal and hope for some miracle next week or at least the fact the boys can get it together. A focus on beating Aussie now I guess.

Halfpenny amazing ntil the last minute!! Biggar played a great game. There is still huge potential there it just needs to be brought to the fore, Howley is not the man for the job.

Well done Samoa, I crapped myself in Hamilton in 2011 to be honest.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat 17 Nov - 1:41

Wales played the wrong starting XV against Samoa. They should have picked 4 fly halves in the back division just as they did back in 1988 against England at Twickenham when Messrs Jonathan Davies, Bleddyn Bowen, Mark Ring and Tony Clement were the players who helped Wales beat England on that famous day.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 17 Nov - 2:40

Thankfully we beat England as often as they beat us, no need to go back to last centry mate.

Taylor, I also think this is a minor glitch in form and your long while is way off the mark.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 17 Nov - 2:41

I think George North needs to make the transition into the centre he would be much more effective there.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat 17 Nov - 2:45

rainbow-warrior wrote:I think George North needs to make the transition into the centre he would be much more effective there.

But then by moving George North to centre, Wales will then be forced into playing a Grid Iron style of play which has never been one of Welsh rugby's strengths.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 17 Nov - 5:46

Due to the programming only saw most of the first half[up to the intercept try].Wales seemed to lack penetration BUT Samoa tackling was tigerish,there set piece solid,and great ball handling skills.
APART from my disgust that it was`nt covered either by Sky or a terrestial channel in English.
What I saw of it was a very entertaining match and the ref had a good game too.
Samoa on that showing would give ANY team a game and are not far short of Tier 1 status.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 17 Nov - 6:05

was actually a good second half Alan, Samoa really taking the most of few chances. The final try should have been saved but Samoa were ahead anyway. Wales Samoa matches for me are always riveting affairs, this one right up there again.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 17 Nov - 6:10

I estimed Wales spent less than 2 mins in the Samoan 22.

It may not have been Wales style but they are better suited now.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Sat 17 Nov - 9:19

rainbow-warrior wrote:Samoa played wonderful rugby, I doubt if any of the 6 Nations would beat them on this form.

Really?!?! Sorry but Samoa played the same brand of rugby they always do with a few lucky bounces of the ball going their way. True to usual Samoa form they dropped alot of points from Kickable penalties too.
Wales are clearly shaken as a team at the moment. They are usually known for playing a solid running attacking brand of rugby, but last night was a demonstration how not to a attack. Wales defence was mostly ok, except for the 1st Samoa try.
If Wales can turn it around in the next game and at least give NZ a test match... then they may still have a chance of turning over Australia the following week.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 17 Nov - 11:42

emack2 wrote:Due to the programming only saw most of the first half[up to the intercept try].Wales seemed to lack penetration BUT Samoa tackling was tigerish,there set piece solid,and great ball handling skills.
APART from my disgust that it was`nt covered either by Sky or a terrestial channel in English.
What I saw of it was a very entertaining match and the ref had a good game too.
Samoa on that showing would give ANY team a game and are not far short of Tier 1 status.

Huh? It was on BBC emack...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sun 18 Nov - 0:54

tomhughesnice wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:Samoa played wonderful rugby, I doubt if any of the 6 Nations would beat them on this form.

Really?!?! Sorry but Samoa played the same brand of rugby they always do with a few lucky bounces of the ball going their way. True to usual Samoa form they dropped alot of points from Kickable penalties too.
Wales are clearly shaken as a team at the moment. They are usually known for playing a solid running attacking brand of rugby, but last night was a demonstration how not to a attack. Wales defence was mostly ok, except for the 1st Samoa try.
If Wales can turn it around in the next game and at least give NZ a test match... then they may still have a chance of turning over Australia the following week.

Please show me footage from games before Samoa v Canada where Samoa have played this way! It has been identified by better than I that their way of playing is not as one dimentional as it has been.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov - 8:29

Am i right in thinking the OP is as thick as a plank?

In the event of the first missed kick going over the teams would have returned to their own half and restarted the match with a kick off, which then in effect would have changed the entire game,
no way would they have won them same penalties in the exact same places,
a new game has occurred.

So lets leave speculation alone,because no one has a clue what MIGHT of happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Warthog Sun 18 Nov - 10:23

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

That was the result we were all waiting for. Maybe now the ARROGANT WELSH on this board will realise that their recent "success" has been built on sand (ball boys and doggy ref decisions)

One more ting to add- BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Warthog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov - 10:29

Nice crowd we're attracting to the 'community' these days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Warthog Sun 18 Nov - 10:32

Been here since the beeb days, mate. Enough time to see how arrogant you guys have become. Makes this all the sweater.

Wales to get "ridiculously strong?"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warthog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov - 10:36

That thread was written by a banned member, if memory serves. I.e. a WUM. If your intelligence is not ample enough to sort out the wheat from the chaff then you have my sympathy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov - 11:15

Warthog wrote:Been here since the beeb days, mate. Enough time to see how arrogant you guys have become. Makes this all the sweater.

Wales to get "ridiculously strong?"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been here since the Beeb days, but only registered the other day???

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 18 Nov - 12:34

Griff, that's Boyne. Ironic he should talk about being arrogant. Still reeling from Irelands last 3 defeats to Wales and Leinsters last FOUR defeats to the Ospreys Boyne? Laugh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Nov - 12:54

Boyne,

Doggy refs? I thought they tended to he humans.

Makes it all the sweater? Oh dear.

Hopefully Ireland will be able to do what Samoa did next year. Three consecutive wins is getting boring now. We might have to let you win in Cardiff, to stop that chip on your shoulder weighing you down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down