The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air

5 posters

Go down

History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air Empty History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air

Post by Amy Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Throughout 2012, Wrestling Heritage has been sharing its extensive resources with BBC 4 with the sole aim of producing a television documentary that faithfully records the development of professional wrestling in Britain to the point that, through the sixties, it was the most popular indoor spectator sport in the country. Many of you will have seen documentaries and news items in recent years that consider only the later period that already constituted the decline of British wrestling. We are proud to have made this important impact time-wise.

Transmission of "Timeshift: Wrestling" is still some weeks away, but the hour-long documentary promises to be the most informative and comprehensive British Wrestling documentary yet made.

We are now at liberty to preview some of the show's content with our loyal Members so that you can be sure to be ready with your recorders and book the big screen at home, in case you need to consign other family members to the portable under the stairs.

The big news is that the tireless researchers at the BBC managed to track down the entire film of the 1962 epic between Jackie Pallo and Mick McManus. As a result, their long-running feud is covered in some detail and a major parallel feature will appear on Wrestling Heritage.
A new controversial double-cross is disclosed.
One of the popular mystery topics on the Talk Wrestling forum that has been on the go all year will enjoy some major new input.
There are interviews with celebrity fans, authors, promoters and popular sixties and seventies wrestlers including Johnny Kincaid and Adrian Street, as well as an appearance by Kendo Nagasaki.
Let us state at the outset our respect and thanks to the programme's indefatiguable director who quickly became hooked, then knowledgable, then intrigued and as curious as many of us to explore wrestling's mysteries.

We won't spoil your fun by telling you any more for now, but watch this space for further developments and picture previews, and all the news and reaction to this important event in the world of your Wrestling Heritage.

It airs on 13 December at 9pm.

Amy

Back to top Go down

History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air Empty Re: History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air

Post by VDT Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Sounds interesting is it a one off or a series?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air Empty Re: History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air

Post by Amy Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:43 pm

I believe so VDT, I guess if they find anymore footage and if this one gets a good ammount of viewers there may be more

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:24 pm

I wonder if Saville will be on it?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

History Of British Wrestling Doc to Air Empty BBC 4 tonight, 9pm.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:44 pm

An hour long special on British wrestling from the 70's an 80's. One for the older posters on here I'm sure but hopefully makes interesting viewing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p96ly

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I can't wait for this. Should be really interesting for anyone who wants to understand more about the history of British wrestling.

I intended to mention it on the podcast this week, but I forgot!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Merged Due To Already Having Thread About It

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down