The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland

+9
HammerofThunor
dublin_dave
offload
SecretFly
Warthog
Red Right
rodders
Submachine
dragonbreath
13 posters

Go down

Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland Empty Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland

Post by dragonbreath Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:20 pm

OOps

Last edited by dragonbreath on Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : nonsense)

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland Empty Re: Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland

Post by Submachine Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:22 pm

14th

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland Empty Re: Where does the Argentina game rank for Ireland

Post by rodders Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:27 pm

Yeah it pretty important alright but I actually think the performance is more important than the result here, even with the context of the RWC draw and ranking points at stake.

A dire narrow victory and another abject performance won't really arrest the slide of the national side.... we need a passionate, physical performance and to show some ambition and creativity with the ball in hand... some direction and tactical nous.

If Argentina win because they are better then I can live with it but if we play into their hands with another naive and boneheaded performance then I won't be a happy camper whatever the result.....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Right Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:38 pm

In complete agreement with Rodders. It's important but it's not the be all and end all that its being made out to be. True, there are advantages when it comes to the fixture schedule in the tournament and there is the possibility of a slighty easier group. However, if the AI's have proven anything it is that there is not a whole lot between teams ranked 4-10. From an Irish perspective we could maintain a top 8 ranking and then draw the AB's and Samoa based on todays rankings. I wouldn't fancy either at the moment. The other teams ranked 9-12 all seem to be on an upward curve, I cant say the same for us at this moment.
I can see the beneifit of making the top 4. In all likelyhood it means that you will avoid the SANZAR teams. But given the amount of time until the actual tournament I believe that the tournament fixture list is the biggest advantage.

Red Right

Back to top Go down

Post by Warthog Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

I tell you at 3.45pm on Saturday.

Warthog

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:07 pm

SA was important. Last time we played NZ was important. The England game we lost last 6N was important. The 6n game against Wales was important.

This game is no less or more important than the last one. Winning is the important thing, and when you're losing you're giving yourself an uphill battle in winning the next one.

The rankings aren't important. Losing more of our games than we win is the important bit.... next one needs to be a win - for winning's sake.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonbreath Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:19 pm

Submachine wrote:14th

A man of few words

dragonbreath

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:29 pm

The next game is always the most imoportant game - so it ranks first.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:33 pm

dragonbreath wrote:
Submachine wrote:14th

A man of few words

Yeah, sorry. Stat based articles tend to fry my brain a bit.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:55 pm

if we win 9-6 in a dreadful game playing dreadful rugby i will not be doing a jig of celebration we are still in the top 8. it will merely paper over the cracks.

I hope we play well and win as always

I just want to enjoy watching Ireland games again. Results are important but not at the detriment of holding back young talented players and playing redundant rugby

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

dublin_dave wrote:if we win 9-6 in a dreadful game playing dreadful rugby i will not be doing a jig of celebration we are still in the top 8. it will merely paper over the cracks.

I hope we play well and win as always

I just want to enjoy watching Ireland games again. Results are important but not at the detriment of holding back young talented players and playing redundant rugby

...especially when redundant caution doesn't even manage a result in the first place.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:14 pm

Ireland should be going into the 2015 WC with the aim to win it. So it doesn't matter what their seeding is. A hard group will test them well before the knockout stages. And if you don't win it does it matter where you place?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:21 pm

gonna change my pick to back Ireland in this one. I think France halted Argies progress for the year and after some tough RC matches I reckon the seasons taking its toll with these last couple of games. To get up for this as well would be huge and I reckon Ireland are fresher and on the up. They also had a lighter run last weekend.

Go Ireland...as much as I'd like more of a SH sweep Cant see this one going argies way.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:29 pm

I always encourage Ireland, is a team that I like very much and I am always with them, but I'm sorry, I bet Argentina on Saturday and I hope they win.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:42 pm

Could be the best match of the weekend argie fan. Very even sides at this point in time. Just a feeling Ireland will bring more this round.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 21 Nov 2012, 6:45 pm

It's their last game of the Autumn and it is against a good team who are getting better and better. I would imagine it ranks pretty high for Ireland, although it would not be the end of the world if they lose. That would surely see Kidney out the door if that was the result, even I as a neutral am beginning to question his methodology.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm

Argie fan wrote:I always encourage Ireland, is a team that I like very much and I am always with them, but I'm sorry, I bet Argentina on Saturday and I hope they win.

Good man Argie...here have a guinness.... best of luck with the game (but not too much Wink) thumbsup
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:08 pm

This really could be a cracking match. Argentina will be sore after last week, Ireland rampant to prove a point lost at the hands of the Bok...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down