The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies

+63
Barney McGrew did it
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Gunner
Pot Hale
Taylorman
mckay1402
Cyril
clivemcl
HERSH
GunsGerms
Warthog
MrsP
disneychilly
Impossible Standards
gregortree
mr_stonelea
tecphobe
OzT
damage_13
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
ultra
doctor_grey
RubyGuby
fa0019
dragonbreath
Hound_of_Harrow
littlejohn
gboycottnut
chewed_mintie
rainbow-warrior
GavinDragon
AlastairW
nganboy
doctornickolas
aucklandlaurie
Rugby Fan
MarcusHalberstram
Biltong
Hood83
kiakahaaotearoa
maestegmafia
dublin_dave
charliehesketh
tigertattie
toml
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Duty281
TJ1
bedfordwelsh
LeinsterFan4life
R!skysports
glamorganalun
blackcanelion
Big
rodders
Cryptoyourisan
Morgannwg
LondonTiger
eirebilly
anotherworldofpain
thebluesmancometh
Mr Fishpaste
Artful_Dodger
67 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies Empty Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

It was off the ball, from behind and completely unprovoked.

How long should Andrew Hore be getting for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgqpVdu3KK0
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN8o_t0Vylo

(Ignore the fact that it says Aaron Jarvis in the second link)

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies Empty Re: Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

Andrew's a hooker and his mother's a Hore (sorry: couldn't resist)

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies Empty Re: Andrew Hore attack on Bradley Davies

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:11 pm

2 weeks at most, and prob reduced to 1 for being an kiwi.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:12 pm

The welsh player was lazy running, so it's not unprovoked. Surely by prior logic on v2 he "got what he deserved".

As I've said elsewhere, it's no worse than the greyling incident, so a ban of more than 2 weeks would be unprecedented.

I'm pleased the ABs are shedding their soft edge revealed when Kaino and Thorn departed and are now rigorously ensuring that the opposition players are not slowing the ball down. It's certainly paying dividends on the score board.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:13 pm

Cowardly disgusting act, i hope he gets the book thrown at him.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:14 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:The welsh player was lazy running, so it's not unprovoked. Surely by prior logic on v2 he "got what he deserved".

As I've said elsewhere, it's no worse than the greyling incident, so a ban of more than 2 weeks would be unprecedented.

I'm pleased the ABs are shedding their soft edge revealed when Kaino and Thorn departed and are now rigorously ensuring that the opposition players are not slowing the ball down. It's certainly paying dividends on the score board.

haven't you realised by now that it was a far worse punishment for the boks that Greyling had a short ban, that meant he'd be eligible for selection sooner: which would be a terrible punishment for us...

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xxo75RkCw

Not without a history though is he? This Bradley Davies...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:17 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xxo75RkCw

That seriously has no bearing here AWOP and you know it. It was disgusting and has no place in the game.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

Ye he definately deserves to get knocked out from behind every game...

AWOP you were at least interesting with broken English, I think it's time you gave up on this and tried a differing aproach

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

whatever ban he gets will effectively be just for 1 match as this is all there is to the end of the ABs season.

Anyone defending Hore's actions is frankly a muppet of the highest order.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:18 pm

eirebilly wrote:
anotherworldofpain wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6xxo75RkCw

That seriously has no bearing here AWOP and you know it. It was disgusting and has no place in the game.

It has the same bearing as the Umaga/Mealamu spear tackle that gets dredged up every time someone assaults Richie McCaw...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:20 pm

I dont dredge anything up AWOP. I see things as they are and today Andrew Hore had a brain fart of the highest order and hit a man from behind. Thats disgusting in my book.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

picard
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptoyourisan Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:28 pm

Two weeks should suffice.

Cryptoyourisan

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:29 pm

Yes, I thought two weeks is probably appropriate. The BBC's anti-All Black campaign rages on and some people get sucked into that kind of thing.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:30 pm

Cheap shot for sure and should get cited but don't think it was as bad as made out. It was a swinging forearm rather than a closed fist. 1-2 weeks for me.

Inverdale mentioning the BOD incident to Brooke was just embarrassing. What a muppet.... picard
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:32 pm

Ye that half time grilling was a bit cringeworthy.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:32 pm

You are right as usual Rodders...

The foamy mouthed frenzy that Invedale et al get into during an AB game is really inexcusable.

What was all that "They are great to watch, but always leave a sour taste in the mouth" comment about?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

rodders wrote:Cheap shot for sure and should get cited but don't think it was as bad as made out. It was a swinging forearm rather than a closed fist. 1-2 weeks for me.

Inverdale mentioning the BOD incident to Brooke was just embarrassing. What a muppet.... picard

Really rodders? It was hard enough to knock Davis out. He was gone before he hit the ground, Cynical, pre- meditated and cowardly. Throw the book at him.

Attacking someone from behind has to be one of the most disgusting things a person can do to another.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:33 pm

Use your noodle AWOP, it's not a difficult expression to grasp even with your limited knowledge of the language Laugh

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:34 pm

I'm interested to know how a player can be accused of lazy running before the tackled player has gone to ground, i.e. before the ruck is formed, i.e. before they are even offside. I assume that's a bit like an American defence mission.

Hore should be out for a while. The last time I can recall anyone punching from behind was Moody. He was out for 9 weeks, it was several punches but unlike this it really was in retaliation. Academic though really as whether it's a 1 week or 2 month ban I assume he's still only going to miss one game.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:34 pm

billy

Try going to Cardiff tonight, you'll see lots more things that'll disgust you of people doing to each other

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:36 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:billy

Try going to Cardiff tonight, you'll see lots more things that'll disgust you of people doing to each other

I have no interest in your personal plans tonight Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:36 pm

Big wrote:I'm interested to know how a player can be accused of lazy running before the tackled player has gone to ground, i.e. before the ruck is formed, i.e. before they are even offside. I assume that's a bit like an American defence mission.

Hore should be out for a while. The last time I can recall anyone punching from behind was Moody. He was out for 9 weeks, it was several punches but unlike this it really was in retaliation. Academic though really as whether it's a 1 week or 2 month ban I assume he's still only going to miss one game.

You can't rewrite history Big, it's all there for anyone to see. He was clearly trying to run obstruction behind the AB attack line. He knew just what he was doing, and as I've said, Bradley is not without history.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:38 pm

As someone who had to watch with the sound off, i have no idea what was being said. Sounds like Inverdale was a prat.

Hore struck Davies from behind with sufficient force to knock him clean out. Manu tuilagi got a 6 week ban for ann attack on Ashton that was far less physical, far less cowardly and had at least a smidgen of mitigating factors.

There is no way that Hore should be getting the Low end entry sentence.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:39 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
Big wrote:I'm interested to know how a player can be accused of lazy running before the tackled player has gone to ground, i.e. before the ruck is formed, i.e. before they are even offside. I assume that's a bit like an American defence mission.

You can't rewrite history Big, it's all there for anyone to see. He was clearly trying to run obstruction behind the AB attack line. He knew just what he was doing, and as I've said, Bradley is not without history.

But the All Blacks do that all the time. If teams start putting in cheap shots on your players I guess it'll be okay according to you.

Why is Bradley's spear tackle being brought up?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm

AWOP,

There was no AB attacking line. There was a driving maul - that is it. That you try to justify it by making things upo and out right lying says rather more about you than I care to know about.

God I wish you could omit certain posters comments. At least when you pretended to be a naive grenchman you were mildly funny.

I will no longer reply to your fantasist musings - as your one eyed defence of violence from your opwn sickens me.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:42 pm

I certainly hope he doesn't get a shorter ban than the Welshman who performed the tip tackle on Whitelock about 10 minutes into the game; that would be unfair.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:46 pm

At least when you pretended to be a naive grenchman you were mildly funny.

Thats probably the 5th or 6th comment of this sort I have read tonight Laugh

AWOP your gimmick has gone, you are now officially the 606v2 boards honourary cheeky girls!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

Hore's lucky he stayed on the field. Obviously if one of the refs had seen it he's have been off, probably a red. I'd say he'll be getting an extended holiday (longer rather than shorter).

Last edited by blackcanelion on Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:48 pm

eirebilly wrote:
rodders wrote:Cheap shot for sure and should get cited but don't think it was as bad as made out. It was a swinging forearm rather than a closed fist. 1-2 weeks for me.

Really rodders? It was hard enough to knock Davis out. He was gone before he hit the ground, Cynical, pre- meditated and cowardly. Throw the book at him.

Attacking someone from behind has to be one of the most disgusting things a person can do to another.

Yeah Billy, it was foul play and cynical but not sure about premeditated ... in that these things are just split second.

Hore should be punished but I wouldn't lose perspective over it. I've seen worse things on a rugby field.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:49 pm

blackcanelion wrote:Woodcock's lucky he stayed on the field. Obviously if one of the refs had seen it he's have been off, probably a red. I'd say he'll be getting an extended holiday (longer rather than shorter).

Woodcock? WTF has he done now? I can't keep up...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm

rodders wrote:

Yeah Billy, it was foul play and cynical but not sure about premeditated ... in that these things are just split second.

Hore should be punished but I wouldn't lose perspective over it. I've seen worse things on a rugby field.

rodders, any attack from behind is pre-meditated. Doesnt matter if its a split second decision, its pre-meditated. Stamping, biting and tripping are very bad but attacking a players head from behind is disgusting.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:51 pm

rodders wrote:

Of course there are worse things - no-one is claiming this was the worst ever - but there is still no place for that kind of thing on the rugby pitch. When I take the U12s coaching tomorrow i do not want them to think there is any justification for doing what Hore did.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
blackcanelion wrote:Woodcock's lucky he stayed on the field. Obviously if one of the refs had seen it he's have been off, probably a red. I'd say he'll be getting an extended holiday (longer rather than shorter).

Woodcock? WTF has he done now? I can't keep up...

Still half asleep. Should have said Hore. Changed it.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:54 pm

I seem to remember G Henson getting a long ban for throwing is arm back a hitting another player I think he got 8-12 weeks and it was nowhere near as bad but that was in the HC against Leicester, against Wales Hore probably won't even get cited just like three or four Samoans last week.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:55 pm

AWOL - sorry to say but your line of reasoning is making me sick. He could have killed him with a blind stiff arm to the neck from behind and u say it is ok.

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 24 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I seem to remember G Henson getting a long ban for throwing is arm back a hitting another player I think he got 8-12 weeks and it was nowhere near as bad but that was in the HC against Leicester, against Wales Hore probably won't even get cited just like three or four Samoans last week.
8-12 weeks seems a fair ban. Thats the worst thing ive ever seen in a professional rugby game.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:02 pm

Billy/LT I'm not condoning it. It was foul play, a cheap shot and he should be punished.

I just don't think it was as bad as the BBC pundits made out. Replays always make these things seem worse.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:03 pm

If he gets more than a 1 week ban then will it run itno next season if not it should do.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:06 pm

rodders wrote:Billy/LT I'm not condoning it. It was foul play, a cheap shot and he should be punished.

I just don't think it was as bad as the BBC pundits made out. Replays always make these things seem worse.

Actually, in this instance a slow mo makes it seem better. Hitting the floor unconscious face first is much worse in real life than in slow motion.

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:06 pm

For me it should be a criminal prosectution- just the usual for a thump from behind - overnight in the cells, magistrate tomorrow and a £100 fine. I am not in favour of the police being involved in sporting incedents except in this rare kind of case

Certainly a long ban - its b y far the worst incident in an autumn series with a few distasteful episodes.

If he really is a lazy runner blocking your way then push him over and attract the refs attention

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:06 pm

What goes around comes around in my opinion. Hore should get the same punishment as whatever Davies did when he tried to break an Irish player's neck.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:09 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I seem to remember G Henson getting a long ban for throwing is arm back a hitting another player I think he got 8-12 weeks and it was nowhere near as bad but that was in the HC against Leicester, against Wales Hore probably won't even get cited just like three or four Samoans last week.

Alex Moreno was the "victim".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ghqF-M91Pw

From memory his punishment was driven more by the fact he then kicked the prone player. Also it was a long time ago now though and punishments all over have become laxer. ERC punishments have tended to be more severe than the far more lenient SH disciplinary hearings.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:09 pm

Hore, what are you doing picard

After the Thomson thing, now this, stupid and deserving of a healthy ban. Mongrel is good, but not this sort, it's indefensible. Hope the hearing is a fair one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:12 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:It was off the ball, from behind and completely unprovoked.

How long should Andrew Hore be getting for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgqpVdu3KK0
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN8o_t0Vylo

(Ignore the fact that it says Aaron Jarvis in the second link)

He should get off, the witnesses cant even get their stories straight on who he allegedly hit

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:16 pm

Yes, let us set a new precedent for V2 and work communally towards concensus.

The first question I'd like ruled out is: Is there any history of narcolepsy in Bradley Davies family?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

From memory his punishment was driven more by the fact he then kicked the prone player. Also it was a long time ago now though and punishments all over have become laxer. ERC punishments have tended to be more severe than the far more lenient SH disciplinary hearings.

I though Ian Evans stamped on a player on the floor and Henson elbowed someone holding him off the ball, Evans also got a long ban.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

I though Ian Evans stamped on a player on the floor and Henson elbowed someone holding him off the ball, Evans also got a long ban.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 24 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

Evans kicked Harry Ellis knee, rupturing ligaments that in the end caused his early retirement. Not sure if it was the same game.

Just looked it up henson was cited but found not guilty of stamping Moreno, so got 10 weeks (reduced for 7) for what was in hindsight rather miled.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next