The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton V Morales

+4
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Colonial Lion
Pedro147
8 posters

Go down

Hatton V Morales Empty Hatton V Morales

Post by Pedro147 Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:45 am

Not sure if this has been covered yet. But was mentioned in the Mirror yesterday and also on Ringside on Thursday. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this? Despite it being mainly for a pay day for both or for both fighters looking to go out on a winning note against a well known name, would you be interested in it? Who do you think would win?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Hatton V Morales Empty Re: Hatton V Morales

Post by Colonial Lion Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:54 am

It would be a fight that would carry little meaning in terms of world level impact. However given the styles, it could be an entertaining scrap between two fighters past their best.

I would have serious doubts if at this stage in his career Hatton could make Light Welterweight and even if he could it would take him the best part of a year to get down to it properly.

Morales would be ineffective above 140 so the weight issue would be too demanding for Hatton I think and if the fight was cheduled above 140 its too big a stretch for Morales.

Neither fighter particulalry needs the money and both should be aware they have no future at the highest level at this point in their careers. But if they still want to fight and are physically healthy then I think this could be purely entertainment of sorts in an almost exhibition sense.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:22 am

Hattons gotten quite fat since hes left the ring it will take a while before he gets back into shape again.

I just can't see Hatton taking the fight even though he will get a pay day and fit a slight chance of winning.He has no ambitions in the division it will be a pointless fight one that he doesn't need to take.

Morales is old but hes definitely got one or two fights in him he should be looking for a world title fight or facing someone big in the division not an out of shape Ricky Hatton.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:31 am

Just can't see Ricky making 140 and being effective. 147 would be to much for Morales. Hope this doesn't happen if it did I could see Morales giving Ricky a beating. Pointless fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 23 Apr 2011, 12:54 pm

Ricky Hatton is in appalling shape for a guy of 32, everytime I see him he's fat and sweaty. Noted he's lost a few pounds since his newspaper scandal, but he's still at least 3 stone overweight. It would take him 6 months to get into proper fighting shape - if he were to try and do it in 12 weeks he'd be as weak as a kitten. Even if he could shift enough weight to make 140lb, there's then the issue of ring rust. Morales has had 4 fights since his comeback, he eased himself into things before his big fight with maidana. He's now in the groove, his reflexes and timing look good. If Ricky were to rush into a 3 month camp, boil the weight off then fight morales with no tune up he'd get stopped in 5. If he were to lose the weight slowly first, then go into camp, then have a tune up, then fight morales it could be decent, but that would take a year. But has he the motivation for all that for a fight that doesn't really mean anything? I doubt it. I'll be amazed if we see Ricky back in the ring. I'd be less surprised to see a 4th instalment of the morales barrera saga, as MAB has won his last two fights and is scheduled to contest the IBF 135lb title in June.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 23 Apr 2011, 1:12 pm

It would take ricky at least a year. He is a few stone overweight, and getting down to 140lbs os a huge ask. It doesn't look like he's been down the gym at all since pacquiao. It's will take him months of gruelling work to get his weight down, months to get fit for more than 6 rounds, months to get rid of the ring rust, and chick into he has other priorities than he ha when he used to fight at 140. Morales is a good light welter, and only the top 10 in the division would best him. I would pick some domestic level fighters to dispatch with ricky if he ever makes the weight. Morales will be targetting big fights and ricky, although a name, doesn't really help him.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Apr 2011, 1:48 pm

I believe Hatton has already poo-pooed this idea. Can't blame him either if that's so, not really gonna gain anything from it other than cash, and I can't see it doing a great deal of that. Two big names, sure, so I suppose the potential's there among the casual fans, but...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 23 Apr 2011, 1:58 pm

Hatton doesn't have a licence and shouldn't be given one again. What sort of example would the BBBC be setting if they gave him it back the first time he gets offered a money spinning fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 23 Apr 2011, 2:02 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Hatton doesn't have a licence and shouldn't be given one again. What sort of example would the BBBC be setting if they gave him it back the first time he gets offered a money spinning fight.

True, they'd be as bad as the people who gave Margarito his licence back.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 23 Apr 2011, 2:10 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Hatton doesn't have a licence and shouldn't be given one again. What sort of example would the BBBC be setting if they gave him it back the first time he gets offered a money spinning fight.

If he gets back into shape why shouldn't he be given a licence?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down