The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF?

+5
Steffan
BOXIMUS PRIME
ShahenshahG
Rowley
KO-KING
9 posters

Go down

--- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF? Empty --- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF?

Post by KO-KING Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:06 pm

My opinion on a prime ricky hatton, tell me what you would change

My ratings

Technical Ability - 7,
He couldn't box behind a jab because he didn't have one, but he was technically very competent when it came to inside fighting. He had good technique with short body shots that used to cripple some of his opponents

Defence - 6, He lacked a good defence at the top level and it was evident when he fought Mayweather and Pacquiao. He could block well and use decent enough head movement on the outside to get to the inside and he used to clinch if he was out of poistion and open on the inside

Offence - 8,
I think he was one of the best offensive fighters at his best, He wasn't a great offensive fighter on the outside but he made sure the fight was on the inside, He went toe to toe with Tzsyu and came out on top, his inside game was near the best of them.

Footwork - 9, This in my opinion is his best attribute. He had good footspeed but more importantly had good technique in closing down the ring, his footwork complemented his body attack perfectly

Accuracy - 7.5
, He has good accuracy but not great. He was very accurate on the inside and when trading in mid range but he struggled against a defensive masted In Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Power - 7, he had enough power to get your attention but lacked one pucnh KO power, he was a devastating puncher to the body but he wore his opponents down and alot of his KO's to the body were down to his good technique (going to the body); Good but not Great

Speed - 7,
He can throw quick hooks. He has good speed in his combination But he was never known for his speed. But many underrate him on his speed he had deceptive speed.

Versatility - 5, He fought one way and one way only most of his career, later on he did box more behind the jab under Mayweather Sr.

Stamina - 9,
He was able to throw fast power punchers for the full 12 rounds without seeming to tire. He could keep coming after full 12 rounds, another one of his main assets. Kostya tzsyu fight demonstrated this

Heart - 10, he is a fighter that will keep coming and trying even till the last bell. Never seems to quit or lose self belief. Pacquiao floored him twice in the first but got up and kept fighting, He outlasted a warrior in Tszyu in their brawl aswell

Chin - 7.5,
very good chin down once before his Mayweather Fight, Callazo a natural 147 fighter hurt but failed to put him down in the last round of their fight. He lost his punch resistance after he came back down to 140 after losing to FMJ, he got rocked by lazcano and Destroyed by Pac.

Physical Attributes - 7, @140, maybe a 4@147. Although he doesn't do well on paper in this department, he could use his physical strength at 140 to get on the inside - he did this successfully throughout his career

Overall - 7.5

Some attributes are missing though such as Cut/Swelling resistance, ring IQ and Corner ect...

Also do you think he is a HOF worthy fighter - I personally feel that he is borderline, but should make it, not just because of his achievements inside the ring but outside of it, he had a huge following and could take thousands of traveling fans to the US, not many could do that ever. I read a Ring article once saying that to get into HOF, you have to be either great (e.g Pacquiao) or Elite and Respected by all (e.g Cotto) or do something with a fanbase that hasn't been done before and won't most likely be done again and hatton did that by getting 40,000 fans to fly oversea's

Brandon Krause - Boxing Trainers opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSSP8Xv2SpY&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by KO-KING on Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

--- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF? Empty Re: --- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF?

Post by KO-KING Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:07 pm

Gorilla Production Ricky Hatton Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x9jk2U8FFtM

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

--- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF? Empty Re: --- Rating Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton --- HOF?

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

As the hall of fame stands at the minute where it is as much about celebrity as acheivement Hatton will sail in, when the dust settles he was a two weight belt holder, the first Brit to win the Ring fighter of the year and the preeminent light welter in the world for a good few years.

Add into that the stuff outside the ring, the 50,000 people for a tune up fight, the invasion of Vegas for the Mayweather fight and I would be gobsmacked if Hatton did not sail into the hall at the first time of asking.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:23 pm

not in the 606v2 hof but yeah ibhof he should make it easily. Though they've ignored naz so might not be clear cut

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BOXIMUS PRIME Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:23 pm

I do not think he deserves to get in based on what you just said.

Outclassed by Mayweather, destroyed by Manny.

BOXIMUS PRIME

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:27 pm

BOXIMUS PRIME wrote:

Outclassed by Mayweather, destroyed by Manny.

Could say same about De La Hoya but I bet you a pound he gets in.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:28 pm

onetwo again lol

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:29 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:onetwo again lol

If he must insist on creating duplicate accounts I wish he would be that girl again, I liked her.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BOXIMUS PRIME Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:31 pm

What are you guys talking about please.

BOXIMUS PRIME

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:47 pm

Onetwo is always running off at the mouth. When Hatton sees him...he is gonna close it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:03 pm

The way OneTwo has been ducking me on here is a disgrace. I am ranked number one on this forum - that means I'm the best, but he's been taking the easy threads, debating with other bums.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

Well I want a shot at the title. If OneTwo has got the guts...to meet me on the forum...or anywhere else. I read alone, I type alone, I post stuff on the forum alone. My whole life is directed towards this forum. He cant duck me forever. He can run...but he cant hide

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BOXIMUS PRIME Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:12 pm

eh???

BOXIMUS PRIME

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:not in the 606v2 hof but yeah ibhof he should make it easily. Though they've ignored naz so might not be clear cut

Hamed should have made it, how the hell did gatti get nominated, Hamed was as entertaining (not in the same way) but was far far better

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:56 pm

Manny Pacquiao vs Ricky Hatton (GP Highlights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ84jMg6m6g&feature=related

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 9:54 pm

"Could say the same about DelaHoya but I bet he gets in"

funny I thought that was a controversial decsion that could have gone either way!!

Guess outclassing someone has changed since I was a wee laddy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed 28 Nov 2012, 7:50 am

He definitely gets in to the HOF in my opinion, the hall of fame is not reserved for the best on the technical side but also for those who have promoted boxing to a wider audience,

as mentioned above his fan base was like none I have seen in the UK and to take 40,000 fans to Vegas is a staggering feat.

Someone like Gatti gets in due to his heart and putting on entertaining fights which turns people to boxing. My view is that Ricky has done the same in bringing the sport to a wider audience.

I don't think we will see a more supported boxer in the UK than Hatton was and for that alone he should be in the HOF.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed 28 Nov 2012, 12:07 pm

Hatton has never had the highest of guards, but to make things worse his hands bounce even lower with the rhythm of his feet. People with timing have exploited this.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down